• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Super Mario Maker 2 Level Sharing Thread and Discussion

Rizen

Smash Legend
Here are my courses

3D Land (recreation of the Smash Stage) - VG9-WJ1-01G
Yoshi's Desert Desert - CGY-7XN-7YF
Raid on the Plant Armada - TW0-787-3HF
Thanks I played and like your 3 courses. I couldn't beat the 3D world one because the part with the spinies. The auto scroll makes that level much harder. TBH I'm not good at controlling Mario; he feels like he constantly has ice physics.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I'd like to leave my Creator ID here:

X68-5VD-DQF

I have already uploaded 7 levels, some hard, some intermediate in difficulty. I'd love you to check them out! :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
My second course is up.

The only notable enemies are the Ant Troopers, but there are segments where you'll need their support to advance. There are also periods where you'll have to crawl or roll to get past the Ant Troopers. On an additional note, there's a bonus area that can only be reached by acquiring the Super Hammer (which is found inside a Hidden Block).

Now, just so that everyone knows, I did make sure that it's fully possible to reach the checkpoint flag and goal as Small Mario. And there are some what if scenarios that I tested, just to make sure that no one ever gets trapped.
I played this. I like the theme of all ants and having some in tunnels that Mario can't access. It makes it feel like a real ant farm. My only minor complaint is the level was a tad long.
I'd like to leave my Creator ID here:

X68-5VD-DQF

I have already uploaded 7 levels, some hard, some intermediate in difficulty. I'd love you to check them out! :)
I did your goombapple grapple one. Nice theme. I couldn't beat it though.

My maker ID is K67-9Y6-3SF

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I played this. I like the theme of all ants and having some in tunnels that Mario can't access. It makes it feel like a real ant farm. My only minor complaint is the level was a tad long.

I did your goombapple grapple one. Nice theme. I couldn't beat it though.

My maker ID is K67-9Y6-3SF

Thank you! You picked probably my hardest level there :) I will try out some of yours tomorrow, heading to bed for now :)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Whew ok, just tried all of y'alls levels out.

Revenge against the moon! : I'm a big fan of claw swings, seemed like the right difficulty level to me. The moon at the end was the cherry on top.

The Tower of Trials: I liked a lot of the clever puzzles, but I feel that Boom Boom boss battle at the end made the level tedious since dying means you have to repeat a lot of time consuming puzzles. Besides that it was great.
Here's my level if you want to try it out. K9Y-MC2-J8G
I admit, I cheesed the Boom Boom fight when uploading because he went under the seesaw.

Thanks for the feedback though, it's thanks to this site it's my most popular level.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Has anyone played my Super Bell Adventure course in a multiplayer setting? I'd like to know if it's multiplayer friendly or not; if it is, then I may decide to change the tags that I gave that course.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whew ok, just tried all of y'alls levels out.

Revenge against the moon! : I'm a big fan of claw swings, seemed like the right difficulty level to me. The moon at the end was the cherry on top.

The Tower of Trials: I liked a lot of the clever puzzles, but I feel that Boom Boom boss battle at the end made the level tedious since dying means you have to repeat a lot of time consuming puzzles. Besides that it was great.

Pipe World Maze: Fun level, it took me a few tries to figure out that the best route was to get the checkpoint through the red pipe first, not too easy or difficult once you find the right order. Also I love how you decorated each area.

Ant Trooper City: This feels very much like an actual Mario level, you got as much mileage out of the ant troopers as you possibly could. There was a difficulty spike at the part with the 3 flying Ant trooper pipes right before the checkpoint, it got me killed a few times but overall the level was enjoyable.

Here's my level if you want to try it out. K9Y-MC2-J8G
Thank you. LOL, I probably actually spend more time with the aesthetic of the course than the course itself/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gonna try and make a desert stage now. Need to think of an idea.

I like how the desert theme looks in Mario 3

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Maker name is Yeliw

I’ll check out some of the codes on this page.
Edit: nice job on forsaken village!

Standard course- key coins and mini boss

G52 - L5D - DTG

And here is a 20s speed run

VTM - W5C - 8VG

Thank you!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Gonna try and make a desert stage now. Need to think of an idea.

I like how the desert theme looks in Mario 3
Much like you, I've been dealing with artist's block for my next course design (especially with the length restrictions for the horizontal areas). One thought was to utilize the Snake Block, but I also wanted to try to set up a course that has a clear condition.

Dan

Smash Lord
Literally the way I make levels is total stream of consciousness: just start placing stuff on the fly; I do usually have a concept, but I'm beginning to think I should stop limiting myself by even concepts.

We should all smoke weed and have psychological conversations about Mario Maker levels. :laugh:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Literally the way I make levels is total stream of consciousness: just start placing stuff on the fly; I do usually have a concept, but I'm beginning to think I should stop limiting myself by even concepts.

We should all smoke weed and have psychological conversations about Mario Maker levels. :laugh:
Is that a police? I'm calling the weed!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Wildlands 2-1 is up. After vanquishing Bowser from his forest stronghold Mario crosses a vast desert...
VTP-D1H-FYG
I try and make my levels look like a natural world rather than a level designed specifically for Mario.

Edit, 2-2 is ND2-1Y5-FLG Mario explores mysterious ruins atop towering cliffs. This one features no enemies but tricky platforming.
Edit 2, 2-3 is 2TT-9Q0-V9G.
Maker name is Yeliw

I’ll check out some of the codes on this page.
Edit: nice job on forsaken village!

Standard course- key coins and mini boss

G52 - L5D - DTG

And here is a 20s speed run

VTM - W5C - 8VG

Thank you!
I liked your night level a lot. Good Boom Boom fight.

Your speedrun level was confusing and I didn't finish.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My third course is now up.

This course has a clear condition, where you have to defeat all the Fire Bros. (16 in total). If you miss any upon reaching the goal flagpole, there's a Warp Door that can send you back to the course's beginning; in other words, you are given a second chance, but you still have to pay attention to the timer.

This course has been tested thoroughly to ensure that even Small Mario can complete the course without taking any damage. Also, half of the Fire Bros. are equipped with wings.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Finally got around to finishing my second level:

Trek through Twister Passage
Course ID: SS1-XBG-OXF
Standard + Multiplayer

Might as well post my old stage for the new page:

Infiltrating Bowser's Flagship
Course ID: K91-H63-KMG
Standard + Boss Themed

Will need to get around to playing the stages on the last two pages sometime. Too tired from celebrating right now.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Wildlands 2-1 is up. After vanquishing Bowser from his forest stronghold Mario crosses a vast desert...
VTP-D1H-FYG
I try and make my levels look like a natural world rather than a level designed specifically for Mario.

Edit, 2-2 is ND2-1Y5-FLG Mario explores mysterious ruins atop towering cliffs. This one features no enemies but tricky platforming.

I liked your night level a lot. Good Boom Boom fight.

Your speedrun level was confusing and I didn't finish.

Just beat your 2-1 2-2, nice classic feeling levels.

I spent a while yesterday and today finishing up this course-

DJS - QY8 - QTF

I’d classify it as “Adventure” if that was a tag. Hope you get a chance to try it to anyone reading!

Happy 4th

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I just released a 40 second speedrunner:

QMY-7GX-8WF

A mad dash through fire and ice!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I still haven't thought up what to do with a desert stage. But I did think up a snow stage that I'm working on

Dan

Smash Lord
Someone actually played one of my levels without me promoting it online... the ultimate anomaly? Or maybe I have cred now since my first/only course has 705 plays and 159 likes.

Well, I still haven't thought up what to do with a desert stage. But I did think up a snow stage that I'm working on
Do Mario 3 using the sun and utilize the blocks as pyramids.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone actually played one of my levels without me promoting it online... the ultimate anomaly? Or maybe I have cred now since my first/only course has 705 plays and 159 likes.

Do Mario 3 using the sun and utilize the blocks as pyramids.
LOL that's pretty good. I attempted to promote mine online but I'm not very good at that. And I got about 150 plays and 3 likes

Or, I guess more accurately 20 people played it 200 times and 3 of them liked it

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
LOL that's pretty good. I attempted to promote mine online but I'm not very good at that. And I got about 150 plays and 3 likes
You know, this does make you wonder what Nintendo will do to the courses that have not received any positive feedback. The Super Mario Maker courses get deleted (eventually) if they have no stars, but what about Super Mario Maker 2? Would it come down to courses having more dislikes than likes (if the course has at least 1 like)?

With that said, if you're not that popular of a person, then that can be a problem if you want to keep your courses online.

Dan

Smash Lord
You know, this does make you wonder what Nintendo will do to the courses that have not received any positive feedback. The Super Mario Maker courses get deleted (eventually) if they have no stars, but what about Super Mario Maker 2? Would it come down to courses having more dislikes than likes (if the course has at least 1 like)?
I don't see why they should delete courses, but instead just take them out of rotation.

Dan

Smash Lord
I just had a pretty decent idea -- remake Dry Dry Ruins from Paper Mario: a Magikoopa and Chain Chomp could fill in for Tutankoopa and Chompy... if you don't do this I eventually will. I don't know what theme it should be in. I've been using Mario 3D World for everything since it's obviously the new one: Ant Troopers with wings for Swoops.

Anyone else can feel free to try this idea; I'd love to see how it turns out. I think it's a pretty damn good one!

Actually, it would have to be in an older style as Chain Chomps were replaced by Hop-Chops, but I think there is a lot of potential here, plus you would need the Buzzy Beetle shells which are only available in those styles as well.

I have officially lost my mind... I had more fun mocking up the battle than actually making the level lol. :laugh:

Edit: There's actually quite of a lot of potential for remaking Paper Mario levels; that might actually become my new thing. Remember these guys?

Well, you can stack Koopas in this game after all.

Maybe I should just remake the damn game lol, much like how Mario & Sonic Guy makes an entire game from scratch. I would love to remake the part right before you battle the Koopa Bros, where you're running across the bridge dodging Bullet Bills. It would be a helluva level to remake in general; I don't know if I have the motivation, but it's totally doable.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Thanks to everyone who played my levels :b:. If I haven't played yours yet tag me.

World 2-4 is up: QPG-HGS-KHF. It has a bit of everything including some tricks if you look for ? block patterns. My levels are meant to be played in order but if you're just playing 1 the best are: 1-2 climbs up trees, 1-3 blasts into a castle, and 2-2 platforms on floating ruins.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rizen Rizen : I've played through most of your uploaded courses (1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 2-2, and 2-3), but I do want to bring up some criticism. For 1-2, the enemy amount probably should've been toned down, while 2-1 could afford to have more power-ups. I'm also the first player to play 2-3, and got the first clear as well.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Hi team,

This is my second level and I'm very happy with it. It's space themed and named Crash Landing!! Find a Way Home!!

Would love some feedback!!

02J-LX6-SPG

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
New level is out!

Name: Ghastly Galleys
Code: 486-SBG-3KF
Style: NSMBU
Theme: Airship (Night)
Type: Traditional
Difficulty: Moderate/Hard

This is a challenging (but not unreasonably so; I'm not even close to a kaizo content creator) traditional level with many collectables and a customised boss. A ton of effort has gone in to ensure it's fun to speedrun as well. Let me know what you think!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Rizen Rizen : I've played through most of your uploaded courses (1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 2-1, 2-2, and 2-3), but I do want to bring up some criticism. For 1-2, the enemy amount probably should've been toned down, while 2-1 could afford to have more power-ups. I'm also the first player to play 2-3, and got the first clear as well.
Okay I try to balance my courses to a moderate difficulty. I'll be more sparing with power ups.

I played your fire bros and super bell adventure courses. I really liked the branching paths and progressive difficulty increase in the fire bros level :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm really pissed right now. My nephews learned how to save their courses and saved over all my levels. I have some uploaded online but there doesn't seem to be any way to download my courses at all

Klydefiss

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1225 7140 8248
Since getting noticed in Mario Maker is relatively hard, I'll just post my level here

9FC-6GQ-TXG

The first part may get you at first but you should be fine afterwards, unless you don't play Mario games much

Dan

Smash Lord
10char Post
I'm really pissed right now. My nephews learned how to save their courses and saved over all my levels. I have some uploaded online but there doesn't seem to be any way to download my courses at all
:surprised:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This might actually kill Mario Maker 2 for me. I could attempt to recreate the stages I cared about. I guess. But they weren't easy to make

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I haven't been as motivated to make levels in general as I thought I would; I might've had my fill being a day one Mario Maker vet, as well as even playing Mario Builder and trying Lunar Magic before that. Laggy as it is, the 4-player online versus will always be a go for me though.

Edit: Do we yet know what the controls are for picking up and throwing other players in the versus mode? It always seems different in every mode and style.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have my 4th course finished and uploaded now.

The primary hazard is the Bully, and you basically have to avoid getting pushed into the lava by them. You can fight back with jumps, ground pounds, and even rolling. In fact, rolling will be a vital move for taking down one particular giant-sized Bully that's part of a puzzle; it holds a key that's required to enter a Key Door.

Near the end is a Boom Boom boss fight, and you must defeat Boom Boom to get the key that's needed to use the locked Warp Box (which leads to the goal).

I did have to do a good amount of tests to ensure that players can't cheese their way through certain segments. There's also a bonus room, which can only be reached by doing a spinning jump, followed by a wall jump.

Now, just as a small tip, when Mario rolls into a Bully, you can negate the rebound lag by simply moving to the left or right.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
New level uploaded ya all.

Tourian: Mother Brain

Course ID: 8V4-YMG-FNF

I don't think it's as well designed as my first level, but I really wanted to explore all the possibility that a certain new element in this game bring to the table, so, I hope you like it! ;)

Klydefiss

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1225 7140 8248
I have my 4th course finished and uploaded now.

The primary hazard is the Bully, and you basically have to avoid getting pushed into the lava by them. You can fight back with jumps, ground pounds, and even rolling. In fact, rolling will be a vital move for taking down one particular giant-sized Bully that's part of a puzzle; it holds a key that's required to enter a Key Door.

Near the end is a Boom Boom boss fight, and you must defeat Boom Boom to get the key that's needed to use the locked Warp Box (which leads to the goal).

I did have to do a good amount of tests to ensure that players can't cheese their way through certain segments. There's also a bonus room, which can only be reached by doing a spinning jump, followed by a wall jump.

Now, just as a small tip, when Mario rolls into a Bully, you can negate the rebound lag by simply moving to the left or right.
I love the concept and execution of this level, it's pretty straightforward and that's what I like about it. It's simple and to the point.

Pros:
If you had the fire flower the bullies were fairly easy to cheese, but I like how to countered that with the dry bones. I thought you could shoot a fire flower and them and they would die, but I lost my fire flower a couple of times. It made me think before running head first which is good level design in my opinion.

Cons: Not much really, the only problem I probably had was with the big bully that you had to lure into the lava, if you end up missing that hole you're suppose to jump in, it's nearly impossible to get him down. I had to reset that portion of the level by going through the door. Other than that I'd call it fair game. Keep it up!

------------------
New level uploaded ya all.

Tourian: Mother Brain

Course ID: 8V4-YMG-FNF

I don't think it's as well designed as my first level, but I really wanted to explore all the possibility that a certain new element in this game bring to the table, so, I hope you like it! ;)
This is a really good and well designed Puzzle level for various reasons

Pros:
Great use of On and Off switches and REALLY good use on the power up. I love the different situations you were suppose to solve with this one power up.
I had so much fun guessing where the fire ball would go, so it was very satisfying when it went where I wanted it to go. Heck the boss battle even makes great use of this power up. I'll admit, the lava made the level a bit more difficult for me, but I'm sure you meant to do that. Overall this a well designed level, I'd like to see more of these types of levels in Mario Maker.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I love the concept and execution of this level, it's pretty straightforward and that's what I like about it. It's simple and to the point.

Pros:
If you had the fire flower the bullies were fairly easy to cheese, but I like how to countered that with the dry bones. I thought you could shoot a fire flower and them and they would die, but I lost my fire flower a couple of times. It made me think before running head first which is good level design in my opinion.

Cons: Not much really, the only problem I probably had was with the big bully that you had to lure into the lava, if you end up missing that hole you're suppose to jump in, it's nearly impossible to get him down. I had to reset that portion of the level by going through the door. Other than that I'd call it fair game. Keep it up!

------------------

This is a really good and well designed Puzzle level for various reasons

Pros:
Great use of On and Off switches and REALLY good use on the power up. I love the different situations you were suppose to solve with this one power up.
I had so much fun guessing where the fire ball would go, so it was very satisfying when it went where I wanted it to go. Heck the boss battle even makes great use of this power up. I'll admit, the lava made the level a bit more difficult for me, but I'm sure you meant to do that. Overall this a well designed level, I'd like to see more of these types of levels in Mario Maker.
The first moment I saw what the Super Ball could do, I knew I could all sort of crazy stuff with it, and I don't even think I used all of them!

Really tho, thank you alot for saying this!^^ And yeah, the lava was necessary, for difficulty sake, but also because the original Tourian in any Metroid game as lava too, albeit not one-shot lava, but heh, you can't replicate everything perfectly.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Pros:

Thank you for the feedback. The existence of the Lava Bubbles and Dry Bones' is why you're given more than one opportunity to acquire a Super Mushroom or Fire Flower; they're both immune to fireballs, and they can power down Mario, unlike the Bully.

In regards to the puzzle where you must lure the giant Bully into the lava, the Blocks help to keep the giant Bully from moving around, and once it starts to chase after you, you are given enough time to get into the small pit and crouch. Once the giant Bully goes over the small pit, you just have to be quick to push it off the edge. After that, you can perform multiple rolls until the giant Bully finally falls into the lava (and you would get the key that's needed to enter the Key Door).

Top Bottom