• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Super Mario Maker 2 Level Sharing Thread and Discussion

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hi. I just got MM2 and have never played the first one. The tutorials are cringe worthy and don't tell basic controls like that you need to use the arrow buttons to access the menu. It took me experimenting with all the buttons to figure it out myself. So what I'm wondering now is how do I make an enemy face right instead of left?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'm kind of beginning to wonder how courses get chosen for rotation; the very first course I uploaded still has 0 plays, but the one I posted above has over 200. Things worked out for the best because I was way prouder of my second course than first though.

And it appears as if they'll add a secondary tag to your course if you haven't: somehow they've decided my "Tranquil Serenity" course is "Themed"... well, I guess it is in terms of supposed to being ambient/relaxing.
Mario Maker's recommendations work on the basis of that it recommends levels with higher like ratios to put into Multiplayer Vs and Endless Challenges. Consequently, it favors levels that have actually been played before, leaving new levels with 0 plays out of luck. Once somebody downloads that level and plays/likes it, it should be enterred into the system. Nintendo's new system has its benefits and flaws. For one, it's great for players, as it basically removes hot garbage from the loop, but it's now harder for creators to have there levels discovered. A 0:0 like:boo ratio isn't popular in the algorithm.

All levels need to have 2 tags, regardless if you think they are needed. Themed seems fine for your level tbh.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I started to make that level that I planned then I decided to recreate level 1-1 from Mario 3 and try it in the new styles. That's what I did in the first Mario maker

Rizen

Smash Legend
I made my first level. It kind of sucks but was a good learning experience. It's world 1-1 of a series I'm making called Wildlands.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Mario Maker's recommendations work on the basis of that it recommends levels with higher like ratios to put into Multiplayer Vs and Endless Challenges. Consequently, it favors levels that have actually been played before, leaving new levels with 0 plays out of luck. Once somebody downloads that level and plays/likes it, it should be enterred into the system. Nintendo's new system has its benefits and flaws. For one, it's great for players, as it basically removes hot garbage from the loop, but it's now harder for creators to have there levels discovered. A 0:0 like:boo ratio isn't popular in the algorithm.

All levels need to have 2 tags, regardless if you think they are needed. Themed seems fine for your level tbh.
Don't I know it.

I've made two levels since I got Super Mario Maker 2.

An original level called "The Mole Woods": VDD-FVJ-X4G
And a recreation of Crash Bandicoot 2's Cold Hard Crash: FHR-2P8-DMG

I'm pretty proud of both, which means it's a little disheartening to have the levels go completely ignored by the system. C'est la vie.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I got my copy of Super Mario Maker 2 today, but I've been too occupied with Story Mode to even begin constructing a new course. Of course, I did test some things out with the Course Maker, while at the same time, trying to adapt to the docked controls.

I will mention that my first set of planned courses will likely utilize the 3D World game style.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'm pretty proud of both, which means it's a little disheartening to have the levels go completely ignored by the system. C'est la vie.
I mean, not completely ignored. Just not favored. There are better ways of thinking about it. If I download your levels and give it a like, then Nintendo understands that it's a good level, and they will recommend your level more. There are probably already thousands of hot garbage levels that are rightfully stuck at 0 plays, however it holds back good creators like you who haven't been discovered. Once your level starts to get plays, then your other levels will get plays in suit if your levels are really good, as players want to try other levels by you. However, the first push is the mot difficult. Join the MarioMaker subreddit. Link levels here as you have been. Advertise in discord servers (not excessively). There are plenty of ways to get started, even if it may not seem fair. I wish the system was cleaner as well, as I know I'll be in the same situation when I get the game.

I'm trying to remain optimistic about the whole system myself. In the end, the new algorithm greatly helps out the playerbase, as they don't have to deal with the lakitu spam/naked pipe garbage that was present in the first games. The players are exposed to better levels in general, and boos allow for poorly designed levels to be removed from recommendations. Still, it is not usually beneficial to creators. There is a smaller variety in the level pool that the players will regularly come across, meaning you need to find a way to get your levels into the "matrix". I don't have the game, so I can't form an opinion on whether this was a net postive or negative, but I'm sure it will be revealed in time as Nintendo will surely make improvements in the future.

I guarantee I will play your levels next week. I might make a levelsharing discord server so that we can create a Smashboards SMM2 level-sharing group, where we will mutually play and like each others levels to boost our exposure. This is a loose concept, but I feel like it is in our best interest to help out our fellow associates on the site. Whether it's helping good friends, or helping users that you doesnt interact with often, this idea could help us all. (I'm counting on y'all to make good levels so I don't feel ashamed, lol).

Edit: Actually, if somebody could invite me into the SB discord server, I could coordinate a Super Mario Maker channel and organize level sharing, one level per person a day that we all play. (There could even be a role for it, idk).

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean, not completely ignored. Just not favored. There are better ways of thinking about it. If I download your levels and give it a like, then Nintendo understands that it's a good level, and they will recommend your level more. There are probably already thousands of hot garbage levels that are rightfully stuck at 0 plays, however it holds back good creators like you who haven't been discovered. Once your level starts to get plays, then your other levels will get plays in suit if your levels are really good, as players want to try other levels by you. However, the first push is the mot difficult. Join the MarioMaker subreddit. Link levels here as you have been. Advertise in discord servers (not excessively). There are plenty of ways to get started, even if it may not seem fair. I wish the system was cleaner as well, as I know I'll be in the same situation when I get the game.

I'm trying to remain optimistic about the whole system myself. In the end, the new algorithm greatly helps out the playerbase, as they don't have to deal with the lakitu spam/naked pipe garbage that was present in the first games. The players are exposed to better levels in general, and boos allow for poorly designed levels to be removed from recommendations. Still, it is not usually beneficial to creators. There is a smaller variety in the level pool that the players will regularly come across, meaning you need to find a way to get your levels into the "matrix". I don't have the game, so I can't form an opinion on whether this was a net postive or negative, but I'm sure it will be revealed in time as Nintendo will surely make improvements in the future.

I guarantee I will play your levels next week. I might make a levelsharing discord server so that we can create a Smashboards SMM2 level-sharing group, where we will mutually play and like each others levels to boost our exposure. This is a loose concept, but I feel like it is in our best interest to help out our fellow associates on the site. Whether it's helping good friends, or helping users that you doesnt interact with often, this idea could help us all. (I'm counting on y'all to make good levels so I don't feel ashamed, lol).

Edit: Actually, if somebody could invite me into the SB discord server, I could coordinate a Super Mario Maker channel and organize level sharing, one level per person a day that we all play. (There could even be a role for it, idk).
Thanks for the vote of confidence. X3

I'm not a purveyor of Hot Garbage... yet. Noipoi's level made me very tempted to start.
Yes, there are Spoilers for Super Mario Maker 2.

I'm currently in the process of making a Super Ball-based Puzzle Level (the Super Ball is an unlockable Power Up for the SMB1 style, it's incredibly hype for me, since SML was my first Mario game).

Because of the nature of the Super Ball, all the puzzles have to be One-Screen Puzzles (not that I wouldn't be making One-Screen Puzzles for this anyway).

One of the things I've discovered about SMM2 is that if you start the level within the bounds of a One-Screen segment and are close to the walls, the game won't recognize the walls properly and it'll ruin the perspective. The Super Ball will stop when it reaches the outer limit of the screen, meaning I have to reset the Camera by entering from outside every time I want to test the Puzzles. This doesn't sound too bad, except one of the doors I have set-up is a P-Switch Door, meaning I have to "solve" the previous Puzzle every time I want to come in from outside.

(I know I can just change the type of Door, but I'm stubborn. ...And forgetful.)

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Nice to see this thread picking up steam.

So what I'm wondering now is how do I make an enemy face right instead of left?
As far as I'm aware you can't.

So all the promotion I did on a few sites was necessary for my level to enter the "rotation"? I don't like that at all. People paid $60 for the game so they shouldn't have to do that just get their levels played. I guess it is a good way to get good levels played because that means someone actually cared enough about their work to tell other people.

I must say the system did it's job though because tbh I'm perfectly fine with my first course getting 0 plays because I really wasn't inspired or anything for it, whereas the one I was actually inspired for had 300 plays and 70 likes when I was last on and is still probably counting.

I've played like 30 courses chosen for the versus multiplayer and most were pretty good, so it seems like the algorithm is doing okay, however, some of these course are only meant for one person and can only be completed as such. There was an ascending level with switches that built the platforms and pretty much the first person to use the switch was the only who could complete the level (as everyone else was stuck on the bottom).

To be frank, I'm totally yet pleasantly surprised 4-player multiplayer is even a thing in this game; it just seems like a total un-Nintendo thing to do: this game that anyone can create levels in is the first conventional Mario game to get 4-player online co-op, while Mario Party still can't get online boards.

Regarding the discord, I'm not actually on it but fetched you the link: https://discordapp.com/invite/swUMA9r

I will mention that my first set of planned courses will likely utilize the 3D World game style.
I guess it's because it's new, but that's what I did my first two courses in as well. My next plan is to have an ice palace stage with a Pom Pom boss battle... it will take me years to digest this game.

I only watched the opening sequence for the story mode, but online versus multiplayer is way too fun and there's too many new things for me to toy with to play it.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I made Wildlands 1-2. It turned out better. The ID is: W6F-7VJ-2TF. World 1-1 is: YR3-66R-CJF.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Hi. I just got MM2 and have never played the first one. The tutorials are cringe worthy and don't tell basic controls like that you need to use the arrow buttons to access the menu. It took me experimenting with all the buttons to figure it out myself. So what I'm wondering now is how do I make an enemy face right instead of left?
Hey! Sorry I didn't actually answer this. You could not switch the direction of most enemies in SMM, and I don't believe you can do it here. While thwomps, boos, and bullet bills can go right, most other enemies, such as goombas and koopas, are stuck going leftward. In most all the 2D Mario games, the enemies always go left to kill Mario; going right wouldn't be a problem for anyone. This behavior carries over, and it can be a bit of a pain if a creator needs these enemies to travel in the opposite direction. For starters, place a hard block or another wall in front of the enemy. Put goombas into right facing pipes. Have Mario start at the right side of a subarea. There are solutions to the problem, even if it isn't super practical. For basic goomba behavior, they only pose a threat if they are stuck going in one direction: left. So, the other direction wasn't implemented. Maybe in a future uodate, because changing the direction would be nice.

As far as I'm aware you can't.

So all the promotion I did on a few sites was necessary for my level to enter the "rotation"? I don't like that at all. People paid $60 for the game so they shouldn't have to do that just get their levels played. I guess it is a good way to get good levels played because that means someone actually cared enough about their work to tell other people.

I must say the system did it's job though because tbh I'm perfectly fine with my first course getting 0 plays because I really wasn't inspired or anything for it, whereas the one I was actually inspired for had 300 plays and 70 likes when I was last on and is still probably counting.

I've played like 30 courses chosen for the versus multiplayer and most were pretty good, so it seems like the algorithm is doing okay, however, some of these course are only meant for one person and can only be completed as such. There was an ascending level with switches that built the platforms and pretty much the first person to use the switch was the only who could complete the level (as everyone else was stuck on the bottom).

To be frank, I'm totally yet pleasantly surprised 4-player multiplayer is even a thing in this game; it just seems like a total un-Nintendo thing to do: this game that anyone can create levels in is the first conventional Mario game to get 4-player online co-op, while Mario Party still can't get online boards.

Regarding the discord, I'm not actually on it but fetched you the link: https://discordapp.com/invite/swUMA9r

I guess it's because it's new, but that's what I did my first two courses in as well. My next plan is to have an ice palace stage with a Pom Pom boss battle... it will take me years to digest this game.

I only watched the opening sequence for the story mode, but online versus multiplayer is way too fun and there's too many new things for me to toy with to play it.
I do think the level matching algorithm will be improved in these coming days. Nobody really knows whether this is actually how it works, but I first got the a from Ceave (a Mario Maker youtuber) who discovered that many creators suffered the 0 play problem and couldn't get off the ground. However, I am now sold on the idea of a "rotation" after watching Fearsome Fire's SMM2 video (I've been trying to fill the void by watching SMM2 videos, okay). While in an endless challenge, he came across the level "Spring has Switched" TWICE in his playthrough. All of the levels he played had at least 100 likes at the time, and the aforementioned level is currently well known for being the most liked level as of now. Needless to say, improvements need to be made so small creators can be discovered.

B u t w i l l i t b e p i n n e d ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
My first Mario Maker game and I'm getting into creation a lot more than I thought I would. Posting my stage that took 4 hours to make. Would appreciate critique:

-Infiltrating Bowser's Flagship
Course ID: K91-H63-KMG
Themed Mario platformer

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I made Wildlands 1-2. It turned out better. The ID is: W6F-7VJ-2TF. World 1-1 is: YR3-66R-CJF.
World 1-3 is: T5P-P9L-3BG. It tells an ongoing story. So far I haven't gotten to play any levels yet. TBH I'm not great at Mario.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I started working on my very first course today, but I do need to perform some more tests and (possible) changes before I plan to upload it. For a hint, the course's theme involves the Super Bell.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Hey guys! I've made a level I'm really proud of and wanted to share it so it gets more exposure! Any and all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome!

Killer Bite Castle: M04-5C0-1GG

Details:
Style: New Super Mario Bros U
Theme: Sky / Ghost House
Difficulty: Hard (but reasonable)
Tags: Traditional, Themed (Speedrun and puzzle solving are also appropriate)

The level is themed around climbing up a castle (both inside and outside) inhabited by many plants and making heavy use of on/off switches (hence the name). It features many branching paths with a bonus challenge coin in each area (with secret ending for anyone who gets them all...) a customised boss and a light smattering of puzzles. I've also put in a lot of work into making it very accessible for speedrunning - and I'm issuing an open challenge to try to beat my speedrun time of 73 seconds!

Last edited:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Hey guys! I've made a level I'm really proud of and wanted to share it so it gets more exposure! Any and all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome!

Killer Bite Castle: M04-5C0-1GG

Details:
Style: New Super Mario Bros U
Theme: Sky / Ghost House
Difficulty: Hard (but reasonable)
Tags: Traditional, Themed (Speedrun and puzzle solving are also appropriate)

The level is themed around climbing up a castle (both inside and outside) inhabited by many plants and making heavy use of on/off switches (hence the name). It features many branching paths with a bonus challenge coin in each area (with secret ending for anyone who gets them all...) a customised boss and a light smattering of puzzles. I've also put in a lot of work into making it very accessible for speedrunning - and I'm issuing an open challenge to try to beat my speedrun time of 73 seconds!
I'll try it out now. Would appreciate you playing mine (3 posts above yours).

(My Maker Mii is Mr. Shades)

EDIT: This is supposed to be a "Super Expert" level course, right? Because whew boy that was probably the hardest stage I've played through so far! I flat-out skipped through all the red coins so I can't comment on those at all.

Going the normal route, the second part and the Bowser Jr. fight were easily the standout parts for me since they forced me to engage with the on-off switches but hit the sweet spot off being difficult but engaging and intuitive enough that I knew what to do fairly early on. The Nipper? part was pretty fun speed platforming but I'm kind of annoyed that it came after a decent slog in the mountains with no checkpoint in-between given how nerve-racked I was though this is more a personal thing than a outright critique. The open air areas were your pretty standard fare and the second house section didn't have any switching at all outside of the key coin route from what I remember not to mention clearing the plants was a simple endeavor so those parts registered with me the least.

Anyway those two standout areas I highlighted made the stage for me and were some of my favorite moments playing this game so far. So cudos.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'll try it out now. Would appreciate you playing mine (3 posts above yours).

(My Maker Mii is Mr. Shades)

EDIT: This is supposed to be a "Super Expert" level course, right? Because whew boy that was probably the hardest stage I've played through so far! I flat-out skipped through all the red coins so I can't comment on those at all.

Going the normal route, the second part and the Bowser Jr. fight were easily the standout parts for me since they forced me to engage with the on-off switches but hit the sweet spot off being difficult but engaging and intuitive enough that I knew what to do fairly early on. The Nipper? part was pretty fun speed platforming but I'm kind of annoyed that it came after a decent slog in the mountains with no checkpoint in-between given how nerve-racked I was though this is more a personal thing than a outright critique. The open air areas were your pretty standard fare and the second house section didn't have any switching at all outside of the key coin route from what I remember not to mention clearing the plants was a simple endeavor so those parts registered with me the least.

Anyway those two standout areas I highlighted made the stage for me and were some of my favorite moments playing this game so far. So cudos.
Hey man, just logged back in. I'll play your stage just as soon as I've finished replying! As a general thing, the outside areas are just meant to be breathers with optional platforming challenges for coins.

I'm not 100% sure what the specific designations for difficulties are; at the minute it's on a 3.53% clear rate but that is much lower than I anticipated. I tried to make it challenging but I don't like kaizo levels of difficulty either. The placement of the checkpoint flags are things that are very much open to change but the issue is I'm effectively limited to two of them (one per area) and I thought it would be good to have one immediately preceding the boss, leaving me with one for the rest of the level. Do you think it would be better immediately preceding the speed platforming section instead? I would then move the first checkpoint flag to the first open air part.

The second house section needs redoing; clearing the plants is meant to be done later. If you head left there's a gizmo where a shell sets a timer on the on/off switches; I'll fix this and signpost it better.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll get back to you as soon as I've played your stage!

EDIT: I really enjoyed this! Superb theming although the boss is very easy to cheese by staying next to the flower pipe.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I'll have to go through and play some of these levels as well...

Anyway, has playing with friends been implemented or is that on the way?

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Hey man, just logged back in. I'll play your stage just as soon as I've finished replying! As a general thing, the outside areas are just meant to be breathers with optional platforming challenges for coins.

I'm not 100% sure what the specific designations for difficulties are; at the minute it's on a 3.53% clear rate but that is much lower than I anticipated. I tried to make it challenging but I don't like kaizo levels of difficulty either. The placement of the checkpoint flags are things that are very much open to change but the issue is I'm effectively limited to two of them (one per area) and I thought it would be good to have one immediately preceding the boss, leaving me with one for the rest of the level. Do you think it would be better immediately preceding the speed platforming section instead? I would then move the first checkpoint flag to the first open air part.

The second house section needs redoing; clearing the plants is meant to be done later. If you head left there's a gizmo where a shell sets a timer on the on/off switches; I'll fix this and signpost it better.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll get back to you as soon as I've played your stage!

EDIT: I really enjoyed this! Superb theming although the boss is very easy to cheese by staying next to the flower pipe.
Personally the flag placement is fine, I just think the mountain part preceding the Nipper plant race is somewhat tedious filler since it doesn't do anything in terms of buildup for the next challenge but not engaging in its own right in terms of using the on-off switching (being a slightly more time consuming variant of a preceding puzzle).

Thanks for the commentary. I did not think about just staying up there for the last boss.

EDIT: I fixed the problem you highlighted. I hate having to delete a stage and then reloaded it instead of being able to edit it while its online.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I just learned you can press the left stick in to change the view when creating (especially helpful for multi-grabbing with the Z triggers)... a lot more to this game than meets the eye!

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Personally the flag placement is fine, I just think the mountain part preceding the Nipper plant race is somewhat tedious filler since it doesn't do anything in terms of buildup for the next challenge but not engaging in its own right in terms of using the on-off switching (being a slightly more time consuming variant of a preceding puzzle).

Thanks for the commentary. I did not think about just staying up there for the last boss.

EDIT: I fixed the problem you highlighted. I hate having to delete a stage and then reloaded it instead of being able to edit it while its online.
I've made some changes too - flags rearranged and some other quality of life changes that make the level function better.

If anyone's interested, the ID is now KWL-11H-RYG.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I've made some changes too - flags rearranged and some other quality of life changes that make the level function better.

If anyone's interested, the ID is now KWL-11H-RYG.
Great, my course ID is now K91-H63-KMG if you want to play it again.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I officially have a Nintendo Switch Online membership now. And with that, my user ID, and first course.

User ID: YL4-0ST-9FF

As the course name suggests, you basically have to use the Super Bell's powers to solve a series of puzzles. They include Semisolid Platform climbing, Brick Block breaking, Banzai Bill redirecting, and even diving towards walls.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
KRX-HWX-N0H
Style: NSMBU
Difficulty: Hard
Speedrun time: 1'12'687

This is the latest - and hopefully final - version of my Killer Bite Castle level. It's a traditional level themed around plants and switches, optimised for speedrunning with light puzzle elements and a customised boss. The level has many shortcuts and branching paths - if you are good, you never have to touch a single switch outside of the boss - with a secret ending for anyone who manages to collect all of the hidden red coins and an ultra secret 50 coin Easter egg for anyone who can really pull the level apart.

Changes since the previous version include slight modifications to platforms to make speedrunning more enjoyable, slight modifications to enemies to decrease difficulty and a new puzzle.

I'll play the levels posted above me - if I've liked your post, it means I've played it!

culumon

Smash Apprentice
Made a course that I'm vaguely proud of for a first attempt.
Name: Stomp, Hop 'n' Twist
Course ID: W4N-3VQ-5QF
I'll get around to playing everybody else's soon.

Dan

Smash Lord
I wish we could respond to or at least favorite comments on our courses... some people left some really nice stuff on mine, as well as a Japanese one that I can't translate. :chuckle:

Edit: That moment you play the levels of your favorite YouTubers and they suck **** cause they're way too difficult... spikes, Spinies and plants on everything. I don't get how these types of levels are enjoyable to anyone. Trial & error ≠ fun.

The ultimate question I have is when is a level "done"? I have a level with 500 plays and 100 likes and as I learn more about the game there a few things I would like to change about it... that's the way it is I guess.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
The ultimate question I have is when is a level "done"?
When you decide to step away from it.

One of the hardest steps as an artist is learning how to let something be "finished" and walk away. My Grandfather (also an artist) taught me that.
I wish we could respond to or at least favorite comments on our courses... some people left some really nice stuff on mine, as well as a Japanese one that I can't translate.
I finally got some plays for my level "The Mole Woods".

Some good comments I got were "not enough moles. ;)", "very nice thematic and cool level design" and "This was a joy to play." Nice to have a positive reception.
Made a course that I'm vaguely proud of for a first attempt.
Name: Stomp, Hop 'n' Twist
Course ID: W4N-3VQ-5QF
I'll get around to playing everybody else's soon.
I'll play that soon.
------------------------------
In other news, I made another Level: Sarasaland Super Ball Challenge, the code is 9RB-9W7-8TG.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Finished my first level,

Revenge Against The Moon!

Check it if you can, and leave it a star and comment if you like it! ;)

Course ID: MBR-26S-DLF

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I got some levels:
HSM-XS5-WVG
C45-W6X-GMG
F35-6GX-HHF

I have 2 more, but these levels are probably the best ones I made so far. The third one in particular is somewhat popular.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Try my pipe world maze level

PHK-J52-5QG

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My second course is up.

The only notable enemies are the Ant Troopers, but there are segments where you'll need their support to advance. There are also periods where you'll have to crawl or roll to get past the Ant Troopers. On an additional note, there's a bonus area that can only be reached by acquiring the Super Hammer (which is found inside a Hidden Block).

Now, just so that everyone knows, I did make sure that it's fully possible to reach the checkpoint flag and goal as Small Mario. And there are some what if scenarios that I tested, just to make sure that no one ever gets trapped.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here are my courses

3D Land (recreation of the Smash Stage) - VG9-WJ1-01G
Yoshi's Desert Desert - CGY-7XN-7YF
Raid on the Plant Armada - TW0-787-3HF

Rizen

Smash Legend
I finished the 1st world of the Wildlands with Bowser's Bouncy Fortress (1-4). The code is: GC9-GJ1-VRG. Now I'll try to play some of these levels. It's stupid levels without likes don't appear. None of my levels have been played once.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I finished the 1st world of the Wildlands with Bowser's Bouncy Fortress (1-4). The code is: GC9-GJ1-VRG. Now I'll try to play some of these levels. It's stupid levels without likes don't appear. None of my levels have been played once.
There is supposed to be a section for newly uploaded courses that have yet to be played, but it's not sorted by the newest upload.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Finished my first level,

Revenge Against The Moon!

Check it if you can, and leave it a star and comment if you like it! ;)

Course ID: MBR-26S-DLF
I got some levels:
HSM-XS5-WVG
C45-W6X-GMG
F35-6GX-HHF

I have 2 more, but these levels are probably the best ones I made so far. The third one in particular is somewhat popular.
Try my pipe world maze level

PHK-J52-5QG
My second course is up.

The only notable enemies are the Ant Troopers, but there are segments where you'll need their support to advance. There are also periods where you'll have to crawl or roll to get past the Ant Troopers. On an additional note, there's a bonus area that can only be reached by acquiring the Super Hammer (which is found inside a Hidden Block).

Now, just so that everyone knows, I did make sure that it's fully possible to reach the checkpoint flag and goal as Small Mario. And there are some what if scenarios that I tested, just to make sure that no one ever gets trapped.
Whew ok, just tried all of y'alls levels out.

Revenge against the moon! : I'm a big fan of claw swings, seemed like the right difficulty level to me. The moon at the end was the cherry on top.

The Tower of Trials: I liked a lot of the clever puzzles, but I feel that Boom Boom boss battle at the end made the level tedious since dying means you have to repeat a lot of time consuming puzzles. Besides that it was great.

Pipe World Maze: Fun level, it took me a few tries to figure out that the best route was to get the checkpoint through the red pipe first, not too easy or difficult once you find the right order. Also I love how you decorated each area.

Ant Trooper City: This feels very much like an actual Mario level, you got as much mileage out of the ant troopers as you possibly could. There was a difficulty spike at the part with the 3 flying Ant trooper pipes right before the checkpoint, it got me killed a few times but overall the level was enjoyable.

Here's my level if you want to try it out. K9Y-MC2-J8G

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ant Trooper City: This feels very much like an actual Mario level, you got as much mileage out of the ant troopers as you possibly could. There was a difficulty spike at the part with the 3 flying Ant trooper pipes right before the checkpoint, it got me killed a few times but overall the level was enjoyable.
Thank you for the feedback. In regards to the winged Ant Trooper part before the checkpoint flag, I have done enough tests on that segment that I can make it through unscathed, even as Small Mario. It simply comes down to timing your jumps just right.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Thank you for the feedback. In regards to the winged Ant Trooper part before the checkpoint flag, I have done enough tests on that segment that I can make it through unscathed, even as Small Mario. It simply comes down to timing your jumps just right.
Yeah once I was able to get the timing down I was able to get passed it unscathed, just every time I messed up meant I was going back to the very start of the level again which made it a bit harder to practice getting that timing down just right. Still it was nothing unmanageable.

it’s a great level and you didn’t make it too difficult, and honestly I’m just not the best at platfomers to begin with and die more often than I should.

Top Bottom