• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Galaxy must be the most, least childish of the Mario franchise.

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
Well, not least childish but it has that vibe that no other Mario game has, not even the sequel. I guess it's just... extremely climactic. The ending maybe the most craziest of all the Mario games and the way Mario loses lives in some levels are... creepy... namely ones like the instant killing vortex, being smooshed, sinking in matter, etc. and some galaxies just have, space in the background... making that kind of un-comforting for me atleast. I honestly don't know how to describe this without saying like over-exaggerated descriptions like "edgy" or "scary"...

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I wouldn't call Mario Galaxy "edgy," but it's definitely one of the best games I've ever played. The lighting, dreamlike atmosphere, grand orchestral score, and (unusually for a Mario game) emphasis on story and myth-making really make it stand out. Some people dislike it because it's so linear, but in my opinion, linearity is a perfectly legitimate design choice and I don't take any points off for it.

Also, you can play as Luigi for the first time in a 3D game.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Nonsense! Galaxy 1 is better! Galaxy 2 is longer and harder (heh, heh), and it has Yoshi, but it can't touch the original's atmosphere and epic scale. Epicness isn't measured in length alone.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Of course Super Mario Galaxy is the least childish of the franchise. That's what made it such a masterpiece.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
There are some underlying themes behind Rosalina's past and connection with her being basically the goddess of the entire freaking universe, so yeah, it's the most mature game in the series, theme-wise.

D

Deleted member

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and two are my two favourite games of all time followed closely by Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and I'll say childish or not those games wre amazing, levels , challenges, music was perfect they were amazing!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
None of the Mario games are childish.

They're family friendly. Not Dora the Explorer.

D

Deleted member

Swampsaur is right their family friendly, fun, and full of exploration that's not childish just welcoming and encouraging plus exciting!

Top Bottom