• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Galaxy 2

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Don't worry, I got it done.

Decided to play through grandmaster Daredevil run. I only realistically have a problem in the fourth area. And then the final area. I haven't played the final area enough, though. Only twice.

I get it done tomorrow.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I didn't think the last area was that difficult. I was expecting something a lot harder. The worst part for me is jumping those disappearing platforms/waggle platforms while avoiding those circular laser beam things and projectiles.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It's not too hard for someone that's use to playing Super Mario Bros Lost Levels, (Super Mario Bros 2). =P

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
At 32 and a half hours, I got all the stars.

A far better game than the 1st in content and difficulty. Many things were never given a second chance, though, and makes me wonder why they wasted the disc space for one time use only. And I still feel MORE could have been done, but still satisfied, overall.

died 583 times during the course of the whole game. Although, I do play aggressively, so there's a ton of silly pointless deaths on that count, plus the hundred lives i think I wasted on that melty monster galaxy to GET the 9999 starbits. So I'd say I realistically died 483 times.

Can't wait for the next Mario.

BSP

Smash Legend
I didn't think the last area was that difficult. I was expecting something a lot harder. The worst part for me is jumping those disappearing platforms/waggle platforms while avoiding those circular laser beam things and projectiles.
Agreed. That's the only part that really freaks me out.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
This.
10char

Patinator

Smash Champion
Welp. I'm proud to say I got through Grandmaster Galaxy~ 8D Didn't take me as many lives as I thought it would. The only tough part was the final area, since I had help. XP

All I have left to do is get 999 Star Bits on Mario's person and get 9999 coins. 8D;

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
After replaying Perfect Run, I don't find it too hard now. The first time though, oh man. x_x

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ Hammer Bros have always been the hardest Koopas to get rid of in Super Mario Bros. I find it a perfect ending in Galaxy 2 since this game is they're first 3D Mario game. <3 ♥

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Has anyone tried racing against Luigi in the Grandmaster Galaxy? I finished the Ultimate Test before him, now I need to try The Perfect Run.

Trying to beat that level quickly against him will be a nightmare...

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Has anyone tried racing against Luigi in the Grandmaster Galaxy? I finished the Ultimate Test before him, now I need to try The Perfect Run.

Trying to beat that level quickly against him will be a nightmare...
How do you race Luigi? The Luigi ghosts are just for showing you secrets in the level. He doesn't go to the ends of levels.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Yea, MetallicMario summed it up. Would any1 like to know some of the levels that he'll actually race on?

BTW, don't bother with that slide on Tall Trunk. He'll finish the slide but he won't get the star.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Super Mario Galaxy 3 would be too much. The Chimp challenges shouldn't be a problem to deal with unless your trying to get the highest score possible. ^_^;

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I wouldn't want a Galaxy 3. They should make a new entry like Super Mario Universe or something. It all makes sense: SM Land, SM World, SM Galaxy :laugh:

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Do you guys think that the green star thing would've been better if it was an inverted world? Or everyone just generally likes it as is?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Do you guys think that the green star thing would've been better if it was an inverted world? Or everyone just generally likes it as is?
I like how the green stars were hidden but I think it would be better if some green stars greatly changed the level. By that, I mean either make a new area to go to in a galaxy or put together all the lands in the galaxy together. Also, some had to be hidden better. You could see some just by the opening scene thing alone.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
The only thing I didn't like about the Green Stars was that it didn't let you collect more than one at a time. Oftentimes you would have to play through parts of the same stage 4 or 5 times to get all the stars.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The only thing I didn't like about the Green Stars was that it didn't let you collect more than one at a time. Oftentimes you would have to play through parts of the same stage 4 or 5 times to get all the stars.
Well, some of those stars are placed in spots that will cost you a life if you miss them.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Well, some of those stars are placed in spots that will cost you a life if you miss them.
Yeah. That actually didn't bug me that much. What I mean was for like, say the first couple of Galaxies, where the Green Stars are basically in plain view. It would be cool if you could grab one, and continue on with the level to grab another.

BSP

Smash Legend
Most of the green stars aren't that ********. The normal ones are just as annoying.

Did anyone use Co star mode? Did it help a lot?

BSP

Smash Legend
Took me over 9000 jumps to figure out how to get the second one in flipsville. I was so annoyed by the time I got it, only to be greeted with the hit or die number 3. Oh well.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Sorry for the bump, but how much better does this game get after the first couple levels??

I just bought it and was bored out of my mind! I felt like I was forcing myself to play through it.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ If you dislike it now, I guess that would mean this game isn't for you. ); ♥

♣ If your in world 1 currently I understand if you don't like games to start at a slow pace, or if you didn't like Galaxy 1. The game in my option becomes epic around when you play the 2 world boss. ♥

Top Bottom