• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury will Include Co-Op in Captain Toad Segments

Captain_Toad.jpg

While the new Bowser's Fury trailer was revealed, we have hardly seen many changes for the original Super Mario 3D World. One new change was shown off today by the official Super Mario UK Twitter Account: Four player co-op. This allows one player to be Captain Toad, while others will be Blue, Yellow, and Green. We've included brief gameplay below.

This isn't the first time that Captain Toad levels have had co-op. March 2019 added a free update for co-op to the Nintendo Switch version of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. That co-op, however, was only two players, so it will be interesting to see how four player Captain Toad missions unfold in Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
will launch on Nintendo Switch on February 12th, 2021

Author's Note: Wow. I, uh, did not expect this. I'm really looking forward to it, if I'm able to play it online. I'm rooting for you on this one, Nintendo...
Edit: Online has officially been confirmed for Mario 3D World on Nintendo's official twitter. Hoping for little lag.

Credits:
Editing & Writing: Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Graphics: @Zerp
Social: @Zerp

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

As one of the most vocal Captain Toad fans out there(especially on these forums), this makes me very happy.

Hoping it leads to a Treasure Tracker 2 down the line with 4 player levels in a similar way to how 3D World's original Captain Toad levels lead to the first game.

Also it makes the Captain Toad levels a little less jarring within 3D World + Bowser's Fury than in the original where you play a 4 player level and then only one person can play these mini missions for green stars.

This will probably end up being an S tier Wii U port when this is all said and done.
Now that I mention it...I should make a tier list for that!

Top Bottom