• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Lion 5 - Lyon, FRANCE - February 21st-22nd, 2010 - Results and shoutouts !

porc

Smash Journeyman

Thanks to everyone who came (54 total), we're kinda proud of the turnout of this tournament. There were a lot of friendlies, lot of fun, no problems, giant screen, lots of recorded matches... We hope you had a good time and don't hesitate to say so in this topic ;)

Alright, now the results :

All Is Brawl page : http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8966

3 ON 3 CREW BATTLE (14 crews) :

1: CREW 6 (porc, Axioule, Phex)
2: CREW 8 (Mrik, Kululu, Feca-Link)
3: CREW 4 (Salepate, Dosh, Tekk)
4: CREW 1 (Fuzz, Gowan, Shloub)
5: CREW 9 (Doraki, BZ, Panda)
5: CREW 3 (Makkura, Over, Link69)
7: CREW 5 (Darko, Docog, Fragmads)
7: CREW 2 (Cyr, G6K, Elda)
9: CREW 7 (Tsuna, DraQ, Slhoka)
9: CREW 14 (Tero, Djagof, Genius)
9: CREW 11 (Wii Lee, bGn, Onilis, Sylvoute)
9: CREW 12 (Qlex, Panda Soldier, Asmo)
13: CREW 13 (Kjab, Fauster, Elf)
13: CREW 10 (JD, Ichita, Odaril, Mattlink)

DOUBLES (24 teams) :

1: 2 Technical (Fuzzyness + Kjab) (200€)
2: Muslim **** (Makenshi + Baxon) (100€)
3: Les Super Wagons (porc + Salepâte) (50€)
4: Team Azura (Darko + Benoit) (20€)
5: Royaltly Duo (Peyodosmith + M) (30€, they broke tie with Tero and Makkura and won they're money)
6: Royal Flush (Tero + Makkura)
7: Walk of the Dog (Mrik + Lal Tsuna)
7: Intense Calamity (Cyr + Doraki)
9: Ridiculous Invincibility (Daisuki + Ksta)
9: Les Fonce D (Joanna Dark + bGn)
9: Who? (Aska + niam)
9: Return of a Master (Sat + CM)
13: My Teammate Sucks (Slhoka + Shloub)
13: Les Fils de Jack Mess (Panda Soldier + Feca-Link)
13: Weowntcha (Qlex + Odaril)
13: PONEY CLUB (Zyx + Over)
17: Euh non pas spécialement (Kululu + DraQ)
17: Team True Business (Panda + Phex)
17: Les Space Animals (Axioule + Link69)
17: Les Lionceaux (Tekk + Docog)
17: Noob Revolution (Matt-Link + Onilis)
17: Flashee's Will (Wii Lee + Eldaflash)
17: Adventurous Champions (Sylvoute + Fragmads)
17: att (Fauster Fayk + Djagof)

SINGLES (54 entrants :

1: Makenshi (200€)
2: Fuzzyness (100€)
3: Baxon (50€)
4: Qlex (20€)
5: Salepâte (15€)
5: Cyr (15€)
7: Benoit
7: Kjab
9: Lal Tsuna
9: Doraki
9: Darko
9: Aska
13: M
13: Wii Lee
13: Peyudosmith
13: porc
17: Joanna Dark
17: Daisuki
17: Ksta
17: niam
17: Phex
17: CM
17: 4ever
17: Makkura
25: Panda
25: Panda Soldier
25: Tero
25: Mrik
25: Kululu
25: bGn
25: Slhoka
25: Feca-Link

pheX

Smash Apprentice

Fuzzyness : Congratz on second place and for team ****! Insane Combo with kJaB. Team Freeplay against you guys was fun.

Baxon: Your very cool dude. Sorry for suggesting kjab to play jiggz, lol

porc: yeeey porc !! you are so amazing! TSL5 was incredeble nice. I'm very glad that i could be there :D you guys done everything as well as possible. Really good job! I'm kinda sad that i forgot to do freeplay against you but on the other hand we did play a lot "together" in crews, haha. Raaaaaaape. First Place! GO PORC! :D I hope we'll see each other again.

Salepâte: Thank you very much for all the effort, it was totally worth it! :D Great host, amazing marth. Next time i'll definitely do freeplay against you!

Darko: Yoooooooo Darko! Saturday evening was so much fun. you're really awesome guy. Thanks for the whiskey haha. Thats what i love about SF: to get to know new people just hang out and have an epic time together. your falcon is very impressive too. Dijon is not far from freiburg (2hours!) tell us if there is something going on! Freiburg is obiously interested! :D
Benoit: impressive jiggz. Seems you like green ^^
Peyodosmith: you kicked me out of singles ohh noez :) Good marth and i was suprised by your jiggz too. Good job!

Mrik: yeah mrik, saturday was fun. Crews were very close ^^ Your shiek is really good. Next time more freeplay! :D

Lal Tsuna: team freeplay was cool, nice shiek, nice fox!

Cyr: daaaamn your samus is impressive

bGn: yooooo begin ^^ saturday was soo much fun. nice english :D thanks for the weed. Freeplay was random lol, i was kinda wasted hahaha. I'm glad that i got to know all you guys. I hope we'll see each other again, and drink&smoke again, too! Lookin forward to it, hahaha.

Aska: Impressive Marth.

Slhoka: Hey Slhoka! :D Du bist echt sau cool. Freut mich, dass wir uns kennen gelernt haben ^.^ Team Freeplay hat Spaß gemacht, danke dass du beim Organisieren geholfen hast. Hoffentlich bis bald!

feca-link: We faced each other _3_ times in crews lol. And you got your revenge! :D

Qlex: NOOOOO THE BRACKET :phex vs qlex. LOL. Qlex you are such a fun guy ^^ And you are freaking god. Dayuuum your ganon. It was also interesting to talk with you about your genesis experience :D your english is really good! kJaB wasn offended at all by the way, just to let you know ^^

Kululu: crews were nice, good rests!

Axioule: RAAAAAAAAPED IN CREWS! :D Haha. Keep up the good work, your falco has potential!

Wii Lee: Hey Wii Lee! Our pool matches were pretty cool and free play was even better . It was really cool playing you :)

Fauster: Freeplay was really cool, your funny ^^ I appreciated your samus a lot. You got some potential!!

Djagof: Haha freeplay was incredebly funny xD I really like your Yoshi! If you want to have some tipps/tricks just ask Zeroframes (germany) or Mind Trick (Netherlands) I think they would definately help an uprising yoshi main :D
See you @ TSL6 ? ^^

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
yo guys I just got back

just wanna say had a hell lotta fun..shoutouts to everyone I played in friendlies but specifically

Porc : you improved so much and your tourney organization ftw! Also the combos I was doing to you in friendlies were hillarious XD

Baxon : your combos are gay :D I prefer big damage combos! ahaha gl learning shine waveland with falco tho =) tech skill will prob make you even more scary

Makenshi : Really patient marth player but plays too safe for his own good :O I eat safeness for breakfast! you should seriously watch some m2k against falcon players lol..trying to edgeguard me the way you tried clearly does not work XD Overall you're an awesome guy, your smile reminds me of mickey mouse :D

Kjab : Absolutely sickest and most fun team partner ever, we just took teams to another level and beasted XD get back some of your tech skill tho it'll help. GL with pikachu too

Qlex : The most solid ganon player I've ever seen and played, **** its sooo gay ROFL I had to play 10x gayer to win like spam n airs in your face XD You should CG more and abuse short hop u airs on reaction <3 I wish that one combo I did in friendlies was recorded ;_:

Wii Lee : Lol you improved a lot I see, awesome guy to be around ^_^

Tuna : ****N I never met/played you before but wtf! I thought you was a noob until I played you XD You ***** me at first till I adapted lmao. You got so much ****ing potential and your combos are the gayest thing ever. Just gotta get a bit more consistency down (edgeguarding and tech chasing) and you'll be so ****. Maybe get a lil faster too :D Our friendlies were too good (GANON CHALLENGE LOL)

Benoit : No hard feelings you lump! :D Beating jigglypuff is justice!! You need to play gayer like we said on msn

Everyone else who I had friendlies with or got COMBOOOOOO'D GGS!!! SON!!!

This is not johns:

The grand finals were very enjoyable for me and I had a lot of momentum during them until the last match where I SD'd then the match went to as Darko would say "Last Match Last Stock"
The crowd ROARED for Makenshi and then my concentration and momentum went so flying out of the window that I was shouting "Shut the F*** up" while playing and even Makenshi was doing the "shh" expression. I had a feeling instantly that I was going to lose on that stock due to this.

Its different in the UK, they all want me to lose but they only cheer jokingly and it isn't as loud. I have had commentary right in my face but never a whole venue roaring against me T__T (that's prob why they called the tourney super lion)

Also me + makenshi did get 200 euros each porc! :D fair play

MY CREW WAS TOO GOOD, Gowan just had waaaaay too much banter! LOL

Slhoka

Smash Lord
This is not johns:

The grand finals were very enjoyable for me and I had a lot of momentum during them until the last match where I SD'd then the match went to as Darko would say "Last Match Last Stock"
The crowd ROARED for Makenshi and then my concentration and momentum went so flying out of the window that I was shouting "Shut the F*** up" while playing and even Makenshi was doing the "shh" expression. I had a feeling instantly that I was going to lose on that stock due to this.

Its different in the UK, they all want me to lose but they only cheer jokingly and it isn't as loud. I have had commentary right in my face but never a whole venue roaring against me T__T (that's prob why they called the tourney super lion)
Haha to be honest, it doesn't happen that much in France. It's just that Makenshi suddenly became our Joan of Arc, kicking the English out of France first place :laugh:
I hope you understood no one wanted to be disrepectful toward you, more like supportive toward Makenshi (even though he doesn't like that =p).

Anyway, as I told you after the finals, this wasn't much compared to an US crowd. Over there, it's pretty much the same thing, but during the whole set. You may experience this when you'll be in Canada in May.

Also me + makenshi did get 200 euros each porc! :D fair play
Wait, what ?
You mean, you got 200 € for singles + teams ? Or do you mean I ****ed up when giving you the singles cash prize, explaining why we hadn't enough money left and had to put porc and salepâte cash prize's money on hold ? =/

Kone

Smash Master
Charles it'll be different at SNY. You will have all the Brits firmly behind you cheering you on ^_^.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Actually, that's the definition of a John..:embarrass
Crowds roaring is part of hyped matches (especially finals), you either learn to deal with it or lose.

If you can't handle France, you'll get wrecked in the US..=/

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
its not a john really, its just something I'm not used to and I'll try my best next time to ignore. Just how I felt anyway, take it how you want to believe =)

My best example of similar **** was when the "USA" crap happened at pound and armada rolled then got rested lol

momentum can affected by the crowd

Odaril

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts :

Baxon : We only played two tournament matches. I'm proud of getting 2 stocks out of your Falco.

Cyr : Those friendlies were really nice.. Nice to see you again as well.

Fuzzyness : We only played two friendlies :( I'm pretty sure you sandbagged hard on those matches. For some reason you didn't want to play more, but whatever, I hope you like my Yoshi if you remember it at all. Good job on your second place.

Makenshi : We didn't play at all.

Makkura : You didn't seem to remember me at all :( I don't know if we played.

Porc : We didn't play. Thanks for the tournament anyway, and for coming pick us Qlex and I after that tiring bus trip haha

Qlex : Dammit man, you suck at IaMP. Nice to see you again. We spent like 80% of our time playing ._. those 15 (actually 16 haha) recorded matches were pretty nice, too bad no one got hype for it :(

Tero : I forgot you :( but I only played you two matches in the pools... matches I should have won D: **** nervosity when things get dangerous. I would have liked to play more, but I never dared go ask you friendlies. I don't understand why we ***** you in teams with Qlex in freeplay, then lost in the tournament. :( also people never leave me shoutouts either, but I don't complain for it (only interiorly)

Salepate : Thanks for the tournament, too. I couldn't play you, too bad.

Zyx : UP SMASH !!!!! Link dittos were just that epic.

If I forgot someone I played against, tell me, I'll add a few lines for you.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Melty Blood > IaMP :D

when did you guys play IaMP? I didn't see

I never know when people play doujin games from the smash community lol

wasn't really sandbagging just a bit meh after the finals till later

Odaril

Smash Cadet
We played IaMP... huh, somewhere in the beginning of saturday, I don't remember when exactly.

I gave MB a try once but I really didn't like it.
If you play IaMP we should have played it :( perhaps next time

Tero.

Smash Champion
People never leave me shoutouts :'(

Anyway, great tournament. Good job porc & Salepate.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
its not a john really, its just something I'm not used to and I'll try my best next time to ignore. Just how I felt anyway, take it how you want to believe =)
You're blaming your loss on the crowd, that's a giant John..

My best example of similar **** was when the "USA" crap happened at pound and armada rolled then got rested lol
I don't think the USA chanting had anything to do with the rest..lol
They were chanting during winners as well (and at Pound with nearly every big Euro vs US match), it doesn't change a thing, and if it does it's still your fault because you shouldn't get distracted that easily. =]

Kone

Smash Master
I think the difference is that you have been used to tha tfor some time Amsah and it is just something Charles is getting used to =) (andyeah it is a john lol). Here is hoping Charles has more moments like this to put it right ^_^

j3ly

Smash Champion
amsah, your being a douche lol.

Are you insinuating that fuzzyness is lieing??
Because if you are not insinuating that...

the only option left is that you agree with what he is saying - and calling johns anyway, just to be a douche. Crowds can affect things (effect..?) massaively, one time a load of people cheered on this campy ganon and i ended up loosing that game of the set, when i am a better player

not attackin u amsah.. jus sayin. no point being a douche, either call him a liar directly or say nothing atall.
Oh, and its not a joke, he clearly isnt takin that as a joke and you not talking in a joking tone

j3ly 4 pres

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
stop this senseless johning debate...
of course it is a john but "oh noez, i lost my arm and had to practise playing with my foot instead so i'm not as good and lost to porc because of that" is also a john even if its true, no use getting upset about someone calling a john...

I wished i could've made it to this tournament, why must good/important things always happen on the same date?
seeing how this tournament went smothely once again i hope porc and salepate will continue the french tourney-****-series
love you guys!

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
usa just likes it loud

and obnoxious

=)

GJ france seems to have had a good turnout. hopefully i will be there soon and get a hold of someone!

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
nice tourney, good hosts, good people overall

here they go some shoutouts:

Makenshi: best smasher in the place and you proved it, you were also the nicest person to us spanish, we're all so thankful to you for letting us use your laptop and stuff (guys had fun with your Ipod game, I think Daisuki beat Baxon's record in the end)
AND
nice set in pools, I put you to last stock so I'm happy :)

porc et Salepate: nice team set, I really thought we were going to the next round when we won 1st match but you managed pretty well. you've been improving while we're a little sticked in our level. but next time it'll be us ;)
also, porc: nice set on first round winners, I could have taken that match in FD against your Samus, you were pretty clutch at your last stock. maybe things would have been a little different if I had taken that match but who cares ^^

JD: I got a little disappointed with your current level, but man don't give it up and try harder for next time, you used to be really good

Doraki: duuude.. almost got you in pools, but you deserved winning after all. nice set, next time I'm taking you down!

french people in my pool: good games!

Slhoka: tu as gagné contre mon Jiggs en Dreamland! phantom rest helped I guess ^^
next time I won't let that happen again :D good games!

Qlex, the Yoshi guy and the other french player in Lorenzo's stand: It was nice talking with you guys about Pound and stuff, I had fun. Qlex, j'espère qu'on pourra jouer une autre fois, parfois ESA4? je ne sais pas :p

Darko: nice Falcon, you took me by surprise in our first game and I got a little nervous, don't evaluate me on that match, it was probably my worst game in the whole weekend. game 2 was closer but I couldn't stand a chance. I will try hard and beat you next time :)
I didn't understand what you tried to tell me about Over at the end of our set though :S

Baxon, Fuzzyness and Cyr: I couldn't play against you, my bad, I really wanted to. Cool results in singles all of you.

KJaB: I wanted to play against your spacies and not just your ******* Pikachu, I f*cking hated it XD
I guess you could've placed way better, don't give it up, your playing style is so good.

Tero: I ALWAYS give you a shoutout :)
good friendlies, I really liked your short illusion recoveries, they really ****ed up people's edgeguarding on you.. you've improved your Fox game, keep it up. Also, nice set in teams with Makkura, you got first game and I was like.. oh ****. I am glad we ended up winning, it was not much money but it still helped.

Panda: I enjoyed our friendlies, cool Falcon.

Phex: yeah, nice set in losers, your Peach is good! I have tons of experience in that matchup ;)

Kululu: nice Jiggs, I tried my best not to screw up cause I was nervous in the beginning.

Aska & Niam: cool friendlies! I was impressed by your Marth / Link, you're so good!

Mrik and Lal Tsuna: 2 Sheik team, so scary. nice set, you have been improving a lot I guess, keep it up ;)

See you all again in the next one! ;)

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
amsah, your being a douche lol.
By saying he's making excuses? Guess I am then.

Are you insinuating that fuzzyness is lieing??
Because if you are not insinuating that...
I thought I made it very clear what I meant. I'm not saying he's lying, I'm saying he's Johning.

the only option left is that you agree with what he is saying - and calling johns anyway, just to be a douche.
You're assuming quite a lot of things for someone who doesn't know me.

Crowds can affect things (effect..?) massaively, one time a load of people cheered on this campy ganon and i ended up loosing that game of the set, when i am a better player
Maintaining a good mentality (especially when you're behind/being cheered against) is just as important as being technical or smart. If you're unable to keep a clear head and start messing up because you're being cheered against you have no one to blame but yourself.

not attackin u amsah.. jus sayin. no point being a douche, either call him a liar directly or say nothing at all.
Read my post again.

Oh, and its not a joke, he clearly isnt takin that as a joke and you not talking in a joking tone

j3ly 4 pres
That's because I'm not joking.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
That was me ! haha I laughed when I read that.

try to remember my name next time :(

also :
Qlex (Ganondorf) vs Odaril (Yoshi) third match

Last for now, I need to rest a little.
haha sorry I didn't remember

our team set was also great!

also, what was the name of the other frenchie who was talking with me in front of Lorenzo?
he was really friendly so it would be nice to know

j3ly

Smash Champion
which stages of singles got recorded?

amsah said:
i was sticking up for a mate. now that i look back it probably wasn't necessary, i said sorry up above why do people always want the last word =(

amsah said:
Maintaining a good mentality (especially when you're behind/being cheered against) is just as important as being technical or smart.
this is news to me i cant believe i never thought of this in that way. ill think of this moment when i next choke

Odaril

Smash Cadet
The singles match that were recorded are
Qlex vs kJaB
Qlex vs Salepate
Qlex vs Makenshi
Qlex vs Baxon (not sure)
Makenshi vs Fuzzyness (GF)

and perhaps others.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
there are gonna be some other videos than late bracket games uploaded?

cause I played on TVs which were supposedly recording and it would be nice seeing some of my matches. in that case, there's gonna be something like AJP's or Ryuker's folder where we can download vids or somebody is gonna upload them and that's it?

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
i was sticking up for a mate. now that i look back it probably wasn't necessary, i said sorry up above why do people always want the last word =(
Sticking up for friends is a good thing, I consider Fuzz a friend too. But this is one of those situations where sticking up for a friend ends up hurting them more than it helps them (as players).

This is news to me i cant believe i never thought of this in that way. ill think of this moment when i next choke
Which is the reason why I posted in this thread in the first place.. =]

Baxon

Smash Journeyman
Salepate has :

TEAMS :

GF Fuzzyness Baxon vs Makenshi Baxon
LF Makenshi Baxon vs Salepâte porc
WF Fuzzyness kJab vs Makenshi Baxon

LB Darko Benoit vs Salepâte porc

SINGLES

GF Makenshi vs Fuzzyness
LF Baxon vs Makenshi
WF Makenshi vs Fuzzyness

LB Kjab vs Darko
LB Cyr vs Baxon
LB Baxon vs Qlex
LB Salepâte Benoit

WB Fuzzyness vs Cyr

Then there's also Feca-Link who recorded stuff like Baxon vs kJab and some others

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
Salepate has :

TEAMS :

GF Fuzzyness Baxon vs Makenshi Baxon
LF Makenshi Baxon vs Salepâte porc
WF Fuzzyness kJab vs Makenshi Baxon

LB Darko Benoit vs Salepâte porc

SINGLES

GF Makenshi vs Fuzzyness
LF Baxon vs Makenshi
WF Makenshi vs Fuzzyness

LB Kjab vs Darko
LB Cyr vs Baxon
LB Baxon vs Qlex
LB Salepâte Benoit

WB Fuzzyness vs Cyr

Then there's also Feca-Link who recorded stuff like Baxon vs kJab and some others
there's only that?

I thought our team set against porc/ Salepate was also being recorded, as many other friendlies and bracket games which were played at the big TV in the center of the room (the one with the projector)

I really thought there would be many more vids :(

Odaril

Smash Cadet
Well, there were a lot of recording stuff (6 different !) but mine didn't work for some reason, and we didn't even think of recording until late in the tournament.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
well I'm a little disappointed then but it doesn't really matter.. just wanted to see some matches to correct mistakes (which were many)

Baxon, bien joué contre KJaB, ton Falco c'est trop bon. Zhu style.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, we're not AJP. We couldn't afford to record 24/24. That's why there aren't that many games recorded.
pas de problème Slhoka, c'est seulement que pendant le tournoi j'ai cru que beaucoup de mes matchs étaient 'enregistrés' mais je vois que c'était pas comme ça en fait.
c'est pas grave, je comprends que vous n'êtes pas AJP, il n'y a qu'1 AJP au monde ;)

de toute façon, je me rappelle d'être attendant avant de jouer contre Darko en losers et contre porc/Salepate en teams parce qu'on était en train de mettre la chose à enregistrer.. c'est bizarre quand même.

Top Bottom