• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Super Fire Emblem Bros.(These characters are broken and op)

i liv uh

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

techton

Smash Rookie
Note: by the title of this thread, you probably already know that this'll be a whiny topic about nerfing the stupid fire emblem characters to the ground. Read at your own risk. lol

Alright, so nearly every single character from the fire emblem game is op.
Marth is op with his tippers, his neutral-b, and his counter. His neutral-b is probably the most broken move in all of SSB4
Robin is op because of his/her spell book that can barely be countered in very rare occasions.
Ike is op because of his unnecessarily long sword that has broken hitboxes, so nearly no other fighter can approach him.
Lucina(same as Marth)
Nearly all of Corrin's moves are op, once again, because of his/her neutral-b into f-smash.

Why are these annoying characters the ones to be op? These are the last fighters that I want to be op, let alone in the game.
Seriously, though. Characters like Jigglypuff deserve much more attention than these clowns do. :)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Look, I hate the fact that Fire Emblem has so much representation more than anyone else but they really aren't OP, only one I can see being maybe OP is :4marth:, but that's only if you think :4bayonetta::4diddy::4cloud2::4zss::rosalina::4mario::4mewtwo::4fox::4sheik::4sonic: are all also deserving of nerfs, all those characters are equal or greater threats in the current meta to Marth, and he's commonly seen as the strongest FE character.

Of course though, I'm not arguing that they deserved the attention they got over Jigglypuff, trust me, the fact that they got buffs so many times over her deeply annoys me.

Also, welcome to the boards!

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Note: by the title of this thread, you probably already know that this'll be a whiny topic about nerfing the stupid fire emblem characters to the ground. Read at your own risk. lol

Alright, so nearly every single character from the fire emblem game is op.
Marth is op with his tippers, his neutral-b, and his counter. His neutral-b is probably the most broken move in all of SSB4
Robin is op because of his/her spell book that can barely be countered in very rare occasions.
Ike is op because of his unnecessarily long sword that has broken hitboxes, so nearly no other fighter can approach him.
Lucina(same as Marth)
Nearly all of Corrin's moves are op, once again, because of his/her neutral-b into f-smash.

Why are these annoying characters the ones to be op? These are the last fighters that I want to be op, let alone in the game.
Seriously, though. Characters like Jigglypuff deserve much more attention than these clowns do. :)
Welcome to Smashboards! Let's not complain about characters being broken, huh? None of the FE characters are broken.
  • :4marth: is good, but not broken by any means. Tippers are generally hard to land, Shield Breaker isn't very fast and one can spot-dodge it rather than shield and risk a shield break. Counter is only useful for hard reads, and it's only powerful when one absorbs a strong enough attack (ie. Warlock Punch).
  • :4robinm:'s spell books have limited uses before he discards them for a while. It is not like you're fighting :4villager:.
  • You think :4myfriends:'s overpowered? That is a laugh since most of his attacks are pretty goddamn slow. Not to mention faster and/or projectile-bearing characters have a good matchup on him and can force Ike to approach since he hasn't a projectile of his own.
  • :4lucina: overpowered? I think not. She generally has to fight up-close unlike Marth, whose attacks have less risk when attacking from a distance. Check the tier list, hun, and you'll see why Lucina is inferior to :4marth:.
  • Y'all do realize :4corrin:'s Dragon Fang shot can be avoided easily, right? And it can also be reflected/absorbed? Also his/her moves do not have very good recovery. Don't forget that.
I don't know if you encountered these fighters a lot on For Glory or what, but like everyone says here: rather than rant, get more matchup experience. Now, I would suggest y'all peruse the :4corrin::4marth::4myfriends::4lucina::4robinm: forums for more information.

BTW, I'm surprised you haven't touched on :4feroy: during your rant...

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Oh wait, I just realized something, they're not overpowered characters, but you play :4kirby: right? If so, then yeah, most of those match-ups are lopsided in their favor, from that perspective they probably feel OP to play against, I can sympathize. Also, like L Lola Luftnagle is suggesting you should probably go and ask the specific character boards for each of those characters how to handle the match-up as Kirby, and I'd also recommend joining the Kirby main discord and maybe the Fire Emblem character discords to ask them how to handle those match-ups as well, those are the best places to learn those kinds of things.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Instead of making an account in this site solely with the intent of complaining, learn how to play against them.
You're telling me that Marth and Lucina's Shield Breaker, a 19 frame (316ms) move with bad endlag and low initial damage is overpowered? Why, because a move called Shield Breaker breaks shields? Who would've thought.
:4lucina: overpowered? I think not. She generally has to fight up-close unlike Marth, whose attacks have less risk when attacking from a distance. Check the tier list, hun, and you'll see why Lucina is inferior to :4marth:.
She doesn't have to fight up close at all, and there's not any more or less risk at fighting at a distance with either character. Both characters need to keep foes at an arm's reach and are terrible at fighting up close.

EDIT: Also, people, don't even insinuate Marth might even be OP. He's not even close.

Last edited:

Knightmare369

Smash Rookie
The only Fire Emblem characters that are even top 20 (IMO) are Marth and Corrin, but they're not top ten, let alone OP. Some characters are stronger than others, yes, but no character is OP. Every character has a weakness.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, I suppose the OP has been answered by now. In case you still feel like complaining, you can use the Social Thread.

Locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom