• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Fighting Robots!! 2nd Mega Man Character Thread

Which Mega Man character would you like to be playable in Smash next the Original Mega Man Himself?

• Total voters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey, if you're like me, you really like the Mega Man series. Smash has done a great job introducing the Classic series and the Original Mega Man to a larger audience. But as we've seen with recent characters like Ken and Richter, it's not a total impossibility to include a 2nd character from a 3rd party series, although those are Echoes, Ken is quite different from Ryu.

Personally, I'd be really happy if said character was another main protagonist from the various Mega Man sub series, from Mega Man X the star of...Mega Man X, to Mega Man .EXE from Mega Man Battle Network or Geo Stelar as the Mega Man from Mega Man Starforce. Any of them would be a great choice for an original character to be added into Smash Ultimate. And of course, potential Echo Fighters for Mega Man, while Echoes are said not to be a part of the Fighter's Pass, there's no doubt that Protoman, Bass, Roll or even Quint could make for good Echo material, let alone as completely unique characters as well.

And I feel now's a good a time as any, to make a thread and show our support, be it showing movesets, fan art, posting soundtracks(though please DON'T embed to many on one page.) Or other forms of discussion about the Mega Man series with one another.

Mega Man X and Zero are bros.gif

Hope you enjoy your stay here. I'll be including a Poll to see which of the Mega Men and other such characters are getting popular.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hey, if you're like me, you really like the Mega Man series. Smash has done a great job introducing the Classic series and the Original Mega Man to a larger audience. But as we've seen with recent characters like Ken and Richter, it's not a total impossibility to include a 2nd character from a 3rd party series, although those are Echoes, Ken is quite different from Ryu.

Personally, I'd be really happy if said character was another main protagonist from the various Mega Man sub series, from Mega Man X the star of...Mega Man X, to Mega Man .EXE from Mega Man Battle Network or Geo Stelar as the Mega Man from Mega Man Starforce. Any of them would be a great choice for an original character to be added into Smash Ultimate. And of course, potential Echo Fighters for Mega Man, while Echoes are said not to be a part of the Fighter's Pass, there's no doubt that Protoman, Bass, Roll or even Quint could make for good Echo material, let alone as completely unique characters as well.

And I feel now's a good a time as any, to make a thread and show our support, be it showing movesets, fan art, posting soundtracks(though please DON'T embed to many on one page.) Or other forms of discussion about the Mega Man series with one another.

View attachment 208498

Hope you enjoy your stay here. I'll be including a Poll to see which of the Mega Men and other such characters are getting popular.
Honestly, Zero. I know he’s an assist but I feel he’s the second most popular Mega Man Character.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, Zero's pretty popular. I'd say he'd have more of a direct chance in the next game specifically because of his Assist Status. The other Mega Men, it's a bit tricky to say. They'd most likely HAVE to be unique as DLC. But could potentially pull a Chrom. Either way, MMX is also really popular too.

Yeah I gotta agree, I think Zero would be dope in Smash. EXE would make me pretty happy too
Don't forget, you can vote on multiple characters, since you like MMEXE too!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really want Proto Man to be playable, He's my favorite character

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Zero by a mile, Star Force as a second choice (I'd prefer Star Force over EXE imo, though that's just my opinion).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd say Zero would be probably the most likely choice for a 2nd Mega Man character, but if I had to pick I'd choose .EXE. Dude has more than enough abilities form the main 6 games to have a unique moveset and I think it'd be cool to represent the RPG side of Mega Man.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Regardless of which Mega Man character could get added, I think adding in more music from the other series would be welcomed.

MMX2, MMX3 and MMX4 Opening Stages, Storm Eagle, Spark Mandrill, Flame Stag, Armored Armadillo, Departure, Cannonball, Surge of Power, The Battle with Myself and Blazing Internet would be good choices I think.

The stages are harder to pin down, since while the music could likely take from multiple series(albeit skew towards the Mega Man character chosen), the stage choice would be tied down to the character. So with Mega Man X, you'd likely have Central Highway or Airport 1001.

While Mega Man .EXE could have a Navi Battle arena, with the screen-saver like backgrounds. Maybe with the different tiles matching the MMBN games, though only for a visual style thing.

D

Deleted member

Regardless of which Mega Man character could get added, I think adding in more music from the other series would be welcomed.

MMX2, MMX3 and MMX4 Opening Stages, Storm Eagle, Spark Mandrill, Flame Stag, Armored Armadillo, Departure, Cannonball, Surge of Power, The Battle with Myself and Blazing Internet would be good choices I think.

The stages are harder to pin down, since while the music could likely take from multiple series(albeit skew towards the Mega Man character chosen), the stage choice would be tied down to the character. So with Mega Man X, you'd likely have Central Highway or Airport 1001.

While Mega Man .EXE could have a Navi Battle arena, with the screen-saver like backgrounds. Maybe with the different tiles matching the MMBN games, though only for a visual style thing.
I think Kattelox Island could also make sense as a stage. It's a pretty well-known place in the series and it was in MVC3 too so it could work. Maybe have it travel between a bunch of different locations from the Legends games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think Kattelox Island could also make sense as a stage. It's certainly recurring and it was in MVC3 too so it could work. Maybe have it travel between a bunch of different locations from the Legends games.
Having it work like Pilotwings could be a smart idea.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Proto Man and Bass would probably be the only ones that would make it unless they wanted to give the X games a shot, I think an X character would get represented first as opposed to MMZ or MMSF or MMBN. Sigma would be the coolest imo.

But if we're talking robot masters, I think just about any of them would work, I mean, I'm surprised Sword Man didn't make it with all of the Fire Emblem characters...

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Protoman as an Echo. (Weaker attacks, but he has the standing shield ability like Link. He could also walk, but not run with his shield up.)
Bass as "the villain" as well as completing the classic trio. Luigified.
X and Zero as completely unique movesets.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Protoman as an Echo. (Weaker attacks, but he has the standing shield ability like Link. He could also walk, but not run with his shield up.)
Bass as "the villain" as well as completing the classic trio. Luigified.
X and Zero as completely unique movesets.
That'd be really cool. Though I don't think we'd get all that. I think a 2nd character would be fine for Mega Man and Sonic. But if a 3rd happens later down the line(as in a new title) I certainly won't complain.

Thanks for stopping by.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
That'd be really cool. Though I don't think we'd get all that. I think a 2nd character would be fine for Mega Man and Sonic. But if a 3rd happens later down the line(as in a new title) I certainly won't complain.

Thanks for stopping by.
I'm one of those guys that wants Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and Eggman as playable characters. I treat existing third party franchises the same way I treat Nintendo franchises. So I'm fine with 5 Sonic, Mega Man, Castlevania, and Final Fantasy characters. They deserve it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So far Protoman and Mega Man X are tied up for the poll's lead, while Zero's only one vote behind. And Mega Man .EXE and Mega Man Starforce are both tied for third.

I'll still keep the poll open, just keeping track of the results early on.

Pizza Robo

Smash Journeyman
If a Megaman character get to be playable in Smash Bros i would pick Sigma from Megaman X and Bass EXE from Megaman Battle Network

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Bass/Protoman/Zero all function as similar characters to Megaman (being alike but not him).
Different stories and abilities, slightly, sure.

I'm a big fan of Zero... it would be him

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
So far Protoman and Mega Man X are tied up for the poll's lead, while Zero's only one vote behind. And Mega Man .EXE and Mega Man Starforce are both tied for third.

I'll still keep the poll open, just keeping track of the results early on.
I'd have voted for Zero from MMX. But Mega Man Zero (the redesign of Zero) would be a cool, if not mandatory, alternate skin.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Zero seems like the best candidate to be a second unique fighter. Unfortunately, he's already an AT so that isn't happening this game.

Roll would be good too, but she seems like a very long shot at best.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
And with that Dr. Wily finally gets a vote, Mega Man X in a slight lead, Zero and Protoman tied for Second and Starfroce Mega Man in 3rd tied with the Other section.

Given the responses, most of those seem to be for Sigma and maybe Roll. I might re-fresh the poll a long ways from now, so guys like Sigma,Tron and Roll have their own slots, but I tried to keep it to primary Protagonists (and Dr.Wily) for now.

Again, thanks to all who participated so far. If any of you have moveset ideas, I'd be more than happy to see them.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not many huge changes in the poll, but Zero's no longer tied with Protoman. Mega Man X has a slight lead still. Geo and Mega Man EXE still hanging in there. So far, no votes for Volnutt.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
The lack of Roll on the Poll is disappointing. She was great in TvC.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The lack of Roll on the Poll is disappointing. She was great in TvC.
I wanted to wait a while before starting up a new poll. If I do another one for the thread, it'll have to be when it gets a little more traction. I'll be giving Roll and Sigma their own spots due to most "Other" choices being one of those two. Also a spot for Tron Bonne. Since she's also pretty popular.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just a slight update, Mega Man X is still in the lead, followed by Zero, then Protoman. Bass, Mega Man EXE and Starforce Mega Man have a few votes and the other section's got it's fair share of votes too.

Just a reminder, if anyone wants to share music, movesets, alts or anything of the sort, feel free to.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I forgot to do this earlier but I started forming some moveset ideas for X. He’d basically be similar to :ultmegaman: and share a few moves like his buster shots, but with powers and abilities from his games and his specials have charged forms as well. Here’s a few moves I had in mind so far (still a huge work in progress):

Neutral Special: Boomerang Cutter (X1)
Side Special: Shotgun Ice (X1)
Up Special: Storm Tornado (X1)
Down Special: Wheel Cutter (X2)

Down Tilt: Ground Hunter (X4) or Gel Shaver (X5)

Forward Aerial: Magma Blade (X6)

Up Smash: Charged Rising Fire (X4)
Down Smash: Charged Electric Spark (X1)

Strike Chain (X2) as a tether grab and recovery.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
X is the Blue Boomer's choice for a secondary rep. In fact, Zero from the Zero sequels would be rad having as well, and Bass.EXE is a very close third.
Light_Approves.gif

Sign me up or mah nhame isn't KawnewaMwythoes

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I forgot to do this earlier but I started forming some moveset ideas for X. He’d basically be similar to :ultmegaman: and share a few moves like his buster shots, but with powers and abilities from his games and his specials have charged forms as well. Here’s a few moves I had in mind so far (still a huge work in progress):

Neutral Special: Boomerang Cutter (X1)
Side Special: Shotgun Ice (X1)
Up Special: Storm Tornado (X1)
Down Special: Wheel Cutter (X2)

Down Tilt: Ground Hunter (X4) or Gel Shaver (X5)

Forward Aerial: Magma Blade (X6)

Up Smash: Charged Rising Fire (X4)
Down Smash: Charged Electric Spark (X1)

Strike Chain (X2) as a tether grab and recovery.
I like the idea of having the Strike Chain as a Tether and Grab. Ground Hunter was something I didn't even think of, but it could work as one of his moves, either as a tilt or Down-Smash.

I'd personally would make Mega Man X very different from Classic Mega Man, so that he doesn't feel redundant. I wouldn't want to just repeat the same Buster mechanics unless Protoman was an echo or something. Magma Blade is another move I think could work well. Some cool ideas dude.

Thanks for stopping by.

D

Deleted member

GBA Zero since we already have a Blue bomber, also this one is the protagonist in his own series.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's a moveset Geo Stelar aka Starforce Mega Man. It's not perfect, but should give a general idea of how another Mega Man character can differ from the original, while still keeping to his series' roots. I went with Geo because I feel like a more obscure character like him would be fun to use, compared to the more popular Mega Man X, Zero, or Mega Man EXE when thinking up of a moveset.

Geo's been in a few other titles, such as the Japan exclusive Rockman Operation Shooting Star. A remake of Battle Network 1 that included a bonus chapter with Starforce Mega Man and made him an unlockable character you could play as.

Note, I'll put each attack section in spoilers, as they all have various gifs in them. While not every move has a gif, most do, so I'll try on to make every idea as clear as possible.

Normal Attacks

Jab: Flicker Kick: Seen in Mega Man Starforce 1 and 2.
MMSF Flicker Kick.gif

I pretty simple attack. Geo Kicks straight in front of himself 3 times. It should have slightly more range than most hand to hand jabs, but slightly less than sword/hammer jabs. The only major change to this move I'd make is that each is angled slightly differently, with the last launching the opponent. Each Kick should do about 3% of damage, getting 9% if you land the whole thing, a pretty standard footsie tool.

Forward Tilt: Wide Sword: Seen in All 3 Mega Man Starforce games.
MMSF Wide Sword.gif

One of Geo's go to attacks with a Cyber-Sword. A pretty wide Horizontal Slash. Not terribly strong, but pretty fast. Should do about 7% damage and have similar range to Adult Link's F-Tilt. Can be used to chase opponents down.

Down Tilt: Slide Kick: Seen in Various Mega Man games.
MM5 Charge Kick.gif

The Slide Kick, While not a direct reference to Geo himself, it's an attack most Mega Men and other characters have done at least in a spin-off or crossover game, like Mega Man .EXE and Zero in Onimusha Blade Warriors, Mega Man X in MVCI as well as Mega Man and Protoman in the classic series. Geo's Slide should do about 7% of damage, making it slightly weaker than Mega Man's at the sweetspot, but it lacks a sourspot, making it a consistent amount of damage. Geo's version of the attack should be slightly faster than Mega Man's Slide. It'll KO at really high percents at about 135%. Not an ideal KO attack, but something to consider from time to time, or in sudden death matches.

Up Tilt: Heat Upper: Seen in Mega Man Starforce 2 and 3.

MMSF Heat Upper.gif

Geo unleashes a Fire Uppercut with some decent wind-up. It's his Slowest Tilt, but faster and weaker than the Mega Upper. In spite of that, this should not be an attack to underestimate. As expected, it has a Fire Effect along with it. Hitting with the start of the attack should do 12% damage and deal some strong knockback should be able to KO at 100%. While a late hit (when Geo's fist is already out) will do 8% of damage and have severely less knockback.

Dash Attack: Drill Arm: Seen in Mega Man Starforce 3.

MMSF Drill Arm.gif

Geo Thrusts forward with his Drill Arm in front of him hitting multiple times, about 8 times. The first hit does 2% the following 6 hits deal 1% and the last dealing 5%, with it launching opponents. While not a KO move, it's one of Geo's tools for getting opponents off stage to take a stock in the air. It has a really fast start up animation, but a longer recovery animation, making it great for punishing Smash attacks, but risky to use constantly or haphazardly.

Get Up Attack: Sword Spin

Geo Uses his Cyber-Sword and does a quick 360 degree spin slash. Deals 6% damage on both sides and has above average knockback. It's a get off me move.

Ledge Attack: Wide Sword: All 3 MMSF games.

A similar animation to his F-Tilt, but done while Geo's crouching.

Air Attacks

Neutral Air: Dancing Flame: Seen in Mega Man Starforce 2
MMSF Dance Flame.gif

Normally, one of Geo's Flamethrower attacks, but here's one of the moves with a bit of interpretation to fit a fighting game of sorts more. As a Neutral Air, Geo shoots flames out of his Mega Buster, While doing a 360 motion with his arm. Think Samus' Forward Air, but it surrounds his whole body. Hence a "Dancing Flame". It's 8 hits in total, one for each traditional direction. It starts at an up forward angle, and ends directly upwards. the first 7 hits deal 1% of damage with the last dealing 5% and having knockback. It's a decent combo tool, and can lead to moves like Up-Air or Up-Special, or be used while landing on the ground. He can cancel it into Neutral Special while in mid-air.

Forward Air: Long Sword: All 3 Mega Man Starforce games.

MMSF Long Sword.gif

Another go to attack for Geo's Cyber Sword. A simple but effective Downward vertical slice. Does 9% Damage, but has pretty strong knockback. This attack's speed is similar to Mega Man's Flame Sword, but with longer range. It'll KO at about 95%. This attack works well as a combo ender or a spacing tool in most situations.

Back Air: Flash Strike: Mega Man Starforce 3

MMSF Flash Strike.gif

Geo turns his Mega Buster into a Sword and stabs rapidly about 5 times. This attack has an electric effect on it. Each hit does about 3%, with the last hit having powerful knock back. This is one of Geo's KO tools and can take a stock at about 90%. It's one of his most effective off-stage tools.

Down Air: Cannon: All 3 MMSF Games

MMSF Cannon.gif

Geo aims down and shoots a powerful Blue Colored burst from his Mega Buster. This attack has two different hit boxes. The Up-Close hitbox works like a Shotgun, which deals 14% damage and Spikes. While the Blue projectile that follows is good for stage gimping and deals 10%, while having severely less knockback. The range of projectile matches a downward shot Metal Blade. It's a slower attack none the less, but still useful for zoning in certain situations.

Up Air: Gatling Gun: All 3 MMSF games

MMSF Gatling Buster.gif

Mega Man Aims Upwards and shoots a flurry of weak, but very quick bullets above him with his Mega Buster. This Attack can hit a maximum of 11 times, with the first 10 hits each deal 1% of damage, the last hit deals 10% and can KO at 90%, making it an effective anti-air and KO tool. The Range for this Attack matches the Air Shooter from Classic Mega Man, but Geo's Fall Speed is sligtly reduced while using it. The recovery is also slightly longer, so it can't chain into itself as much, a single flurry however, is a more reliable KO move. This Attack and also fight off other projectiles.

Special Moves

Neutral Special: Mega Buster: All MMSF Games

MMX Buster.gif

The Good Ol' Reliable Mega Buster. In Geo's games, the Mega Buster auto charges, but for a game like this, that might be a bit over powered. So I think having it work more like a traditional Mega Buster can help to keep things balanced. Of course there's some other liberties that have to be taken, such as Classic Mega Man not being able to charge in Mid-Air in Smash. In the case with Geo, He CAN charge his Buster in Mid-Air, but can not walk and shoot at the same time(which might feel more like the MMSF Mega Buster). Geo, like Mega Man shoots his buster one handed. The range of Geo's shots are about the same distance as Metal Blades, and flinch just like Mega Man's Buster shots.

Geo's Buster has 3 levels of charged, uncharged shots are orange, mid charged are yellow, and full charged shots are green, similar to Omega-Xis' colors and the Final Smash Laser he shoots in Mega Man's FS.

MM7 Charge Shot.gif

- Standard Buster shots deal 2% damage, not very hard hitting, but fast and great for keep away.
- Mid Charge Shots deal 10% damage and travel the same Metal Blade distance as uncharged shots, they have some knock back and can KO at 140%, not a reliable KO move in normal games, but in longer ones, it'll work.
- Geo's Full Charge has a Kickback animation, and the attack deals 25%. It'll travel full screen, similar to Samus or Mewtwo. It's a powerful move to finish a fight with to say the least. There's no difference in damage between ground and air buster shots. Can KO at 80% on average characters.

Side Special: MilliKick: Mega Man Starforce 2 and 3.

MMSF Million Kick.gif

Geo dashes at the opponent in a similar manner to Fox, and upon contact, he throws out a flurry of kicks with flashy blue hit trails, before one last kick that sends the opponent flying. MilliKick can be used on the ground or in the air, making it a reliable recovery tool, it has a similar range to Fox's Side B. It has very little start up, but a fair bit of recovery, making reckless use of it outside of recovery, vulnerable to counter attacks. The attack itself is a reference to Street Fighter's Chun-Li, while also implementing some of Geo's "Locking On"features (hence him dashing before doing damage on contact). The attack deals 11% Damage on contact. It can KO at 105% or so.

Down Special: Chain Bubble: Mega Man Starforce 1(and I belive 2 and 3 as well)

MMSF Chain Bubble.gif

Geo Shoots a ball of water out of his Mega Buster. Once it lands on the opponent, they are trapped in a bubble that leaves them vulnerable to a follow up. It'll deal 8% damage on contact. The opponent can wiggle out of the Bubble as well, while they won't suffer any damage from doing so, they will be launched slightly. The more damage the opponent has, the longer it takes for the bubble to vanish. The range on this attack matches Luigi's Fireball.

Up Special Hurricane/Typhoon Dance: Mega Man Starforce 1-3

MMSF Typhoon Dance.gif

Geo's recovery attack. Mega Man will spin around rapidly creating a gale around him that'll cut up any opponents unluckly enough to be near him. There's a few liberties taken with this attack, namely that Geo will fly up much higher when using it, but there's plenty of characters that take liberties to translate their moves into a fighting game of any kind. If all hits connect, this attack will do 12%, so while not terribly strong, it can finish off opponents early if you use it at the top of a stage. It can be used to rack up damage either way. The height of the attack is similar to the mid-air Spin Attack from Adult Link. The wind effect would match Classic Mega Man's Top Spin or Meta-Knights Mach Tornado, while being wider.

Smash Attacks

Forward Smash: Beast Slap: Mega Man Starforce 3

MMSF Beast Slap.gif

Don't worry about the attack in the gif missing, ha ha.

Mega Man sends out his partner in crime Omega-Xis, to Slash the Opponent and send them flying. Uncharged it'll do 13% and full charged, it'll deal 21% damage. It's range is about the same as Donkey Kong's Forward Smash. It'll KO a bit early in the 80% range. Unlike the in-game version, Geo wouldn't really swap places with Omega-Xis.

Down Smash: Double Eater: Mega Man Starforce 3

MMSF Double Eater.gif

Omega-Xis will slash the ground right in front of and right behind Geo. Each hit will do 7% uncharged, and the both will do 10% charged fully. It can KO at the 90% range. It's Range is similar to Ike's Down Smash.

Up Smash: Rising Beast Slash: Modified from MMSF3

A Variation of the attack used in MMSF3, nothing too crazy. Omega-Xis Slashes in a Half-Circle Arc Above Geo's Head, has similar range to Ridley's Up Smash. Deals 11% Uncharged and 19% Fully Charged. Should KO at 100% range. It's the weakest, but fastest of Starforce Mega Man's Smash attacks.

Throws

For the throws, Geo will use Omega-Xis to assist him in most of them. I'll be using Nero from DMC(another Capcom Series) to help give an idea of how that should look more or less. Hopefully both of them being blue wearing sword+gun fighters with a floating energy being helps too.

Pummel: Omega-Xis will grab the Opponent and hold them along with Geo, while Geo Knees them in the gut. Each pummel does 2% of damage.

Forward Throw:

Nero DT Buster Gladius.gif

Omega-Xis will Spin the opponent around Geo once, and Geo will kick them forwards. This throw does 7% damage. Not much of a KO throw.

Back Throw:

Nero DT Buster Frost.gif

One of the main KO throws. Omega-Xis will wildly spin the opponent multiple times and Slash them away behind Geo. This throw deals 11% damage and can KO from mid screen at about 100% damage.

Down Throw:

Nero DT Buster Scarecrow.gif

Omega-Xis will slam the enemy to the ground and Geo stomp on them, popping them up. This Deals 7% damage. Like many Down Throws, it'll lead to combos using many moves, N-Air, Jab, U-Air, F-Tilt, F-Air ect ect.

Up Throw:

Geo Blasts the opponent with a bunch of Rapid-Fire Mega Buster Shots, Then Omega-Xis will Uppercut them away. The throw will deal 14% damage and it's another KO throw. It can take a stock at the 100% damage range.

Final Smash

Black End Galaxy: Mega Man Star Force 3

Mega Man transforms into his Black Ace form and Shoots a Black Hole towards the center of the stage, it'll grab and continually deal damage to any enemies caught up in it, leading to a cinematic shot of Mega Man using a Red and Black Cyber Sword to cut the Black Hole, making it explode. Like Ridley and Zelda, it automatically KO's 100% or more damage at the end of the attack. The attack itself will deal 40% damage on it's own.

Well, that's the current version of this moveset. I'm sure there's other adjustments I'll have to make, namely with damage, but for now that's what I came up with.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'll be posting a moveset soon for Geo Stelar aka Starforce Mega Man in a bit. It's not perfect, but should give a general idea of how another Mega Man character can differ from the original, while still keeping to his series' roots. I went with Geo because I feel like a more obscure character like him would be fun to use, compared to the more popular Mega Man X, Zero, or Mega Man EXE when thinking up of a moveset.

Geo's been in a few other titles, such as the Japan exclusive Rockman Operation Shooting Star. A remake of Battle Network 1 that included a bonus chapter with Starforce Mega Man and made him an unlockable character you could play as.

Note, I'll put each attack section in spoilers, as they all have various gifs in them. I might start with the normals and add the rest in bits and pieces, but I'm not sure. While not every move has a gif, most do, so I'll try to update things as time goes on to make every idea as clear as possible.

Normal Attacks

Jab: Flicker Kick: Seen in Mega Man Starforce 1 and 2.
View attachment 224358
I pretty simple attack. Geo Kicks straight in front of himself 3 times. It should have slightly more range than most hand to hand jabs, but slightly less than sword/hammer jabs. The only major change to this move I'd make is that each is angled slightly differently, with the last launching the opponent. Each Kick should do about 3% of damage, getting 9% if you land the whole thing, a pretty standard footsie tool.

Forward Tilt: Wide Sword: Seen in All 3 Mega Man Starforce games.
View attachment 224359

One of Geo's go to attacks with a Cyber-Sword. A pretty wide Horizontal Slash. Not terribly strong, but pretty fast. Should do about 7% damage and have similar range to Adult Link's F-Tilt. Can be used to chase opponents down.

Down Tilt: Slide Kick: Seen in Various Mega Man games.
View attachment 224362

The Slide Kick, While not a direct reference to Geo himself, it's an attack most Mega Men and other characters have done at least in a spin-off or crossover game, like Mega Man .EXE and Zero in Onimusha Blade Warriors, Mega Man X in MVCI as well as Mega Man and Protoman in the classic series. Geo's Slide should do about 7% of damage, making it slightly weaker than Mega Man's at the sweetspot, but it lacks a sourspot, making it a consistent amount of damage. Geo's version of the attack should be slightly faster than Mega Man's Slide. It'll KO at really high percents at about 135%. Not an ideal KO attack, but something to consider from time to time, or in sudden death matches.

Up Tilt: Heat Upper: Seen in Mega Man Starforce 2 and 3.

View attachment 224363

Geo unleashes a Fire Uppercut with some decent wind-up. It's his Slowest Tilt, but faster and weaker than the Mega Upper. In spite of that, this should be an attack to underestimate. As expected, it has a Fire Effect along with it. Hitting with the start of the attack should do 12% damage and deal some strong knockback should be able to KO at 100%. While a late hit (when Geo's fist is already out) will do 8% of damage and have severely less knockback.

Dash Attack: Drill Arm: Seen in Mega Man Starforce 3.

View attachment 224364

Geo Thrusts forward with his Drill Arm in front of him hitting multiple times, about 8 times. The first hit does 2% the following 6 hits deal 1% and the last dealing 5%, with it launching opponents. While not a KO move, it's one of Geo's tools for getting opponents off stage to take a stock in the air. It has a really fast start up animation, but a longer recovery animation, making it great for punishing Smash attacks, but risky to use constantly or haphazardly.

Get Up Attack: Sword Spin

Geo Uses his Cyber-Sword and does a quick 360 degree spin slash. Deals 6% damage on both sides and has above average knockback. It's a get off me move.

Ledge Attack: Wide Sword: All 3 MMSF games.

A similar animation to his F-Tilt, but done while Geo's crouching.

Air Attacks

Neutral Air: Dancing Flame: Seen in Mega Man Starforce 2
View attachment 224365

Normally, one of Geo's Flamethrower attacks, but here's one of the moves with a bit of interpretation to fit a fighting game of sorts more. As a Neutral Air, Geo shoots flames out of his Mega Buster, While doing a 360 motion with his arm. Think Samus' Forward Air, but it surrounds his whole body. Hence a "Dancing Fire". It's 8 hits in total, one for each traditional direction. It starts at an up forward angle, and ends directly upwards. the first 7 hits deal 1% of damage with the last dealing 5% and having knockback. It's a decent combo tool, and can lead to moves like Up-Air or Up-Special, or be used while landing on the ground. He can cancel it into Neutral Special while in mid-air.

Forward Air: Long Sword: All 3 Mega Man Starforce games.

View attachment 224366

Another go to attack for Geo's Cyber Sword. A simple but effective Downward vertical slice. Does 9% Damage, but has pretty strong knockback. This attack's speed is similar to Mega Man's Flame Sword, but with longer range. It'll KO at about 95%. This attack works well as a combo ender or a spacing tool in most situations.

Back Air: Flash Strike: Mega Man Starforce 3

View attachment 224368

Geo turns his Mega Buster into a Sword and stabs rapidly about 5 times. This attack has an electric effect on it. Each hit does about 3%, with the last hit having powerful knock back. This is one of Geo's KO tools and can take a stock at about 90%. It's one of his most effective off-stage tools.

Down Air: Cannon: All 3 MMSF Games

View attachment 224369

Geo aims down and shoots a powerful Blue Colored burst from his Mega Buster. This attack has two different hit boxes. The Up-Close hitbox works like a Shotgun, which deals 14% damage and Spikes. While the Blue projectile that follows is good for stage gimping and deals 10%, while having severely less knockback. The range of projectile matches a downward shot Metal Blade. It's a slower attack none the less, but still useful for zoning in certain situations.

Up Air: Gatling Gun: All 3 MMSF games

View attachment 224370

Mega Man Aims Upwards and shoots a flurry of weak, but very quick bullets above him with his Mega Buster. This Attack can hit a maximum of 11 times, with the first 10 hits each deal 1% of damage, the last hit deals 10% and can KO at 90%, making it an effective anti-air and KO tool. The Range for this Attack matches the Air Shooter from Classic Mega Man, but Geo's Fall Speed is sligtly reduced while using it. The recovery is also slightly longer, so it can't chain into itself as much, a single flurry however, is a more reliable KO move. This Attack and also fight off other projectiles.

Special Moves

Neutral Special: Mega Buster: All MMSF Games

View attachment 224375

The Good Ol' Reliable Mega Buster. In Geo's games, the Mega Buster auto charges, but for a game like this, that might be a bit over powered. So I think having it work more like a traditional Mega Buster can help to keep things balanced. Of course there's some other liberties that have to be taken, such as Classic Mega Man not being able to charge in Mid-Air in Smash. In the case with Geo, He CAN charge his Buster in Mid-Air, but can't walk and shoot at the same time. Geo, like Mega Man shoots his buster one handed. The range of Geo's shots are about the same distance as Metal Blades, and flinch just like Mega Man's Buster shots.

Geo's Buster has 3 levels of charged, uncharged shots are orange, mid charged are yellow, and full charged shots are green, similar to Omega-Xis' colors and the Final Smash Laser he shoots in Mega Man's FS.

View attachment 224376

- Standard Buster shots deal 2% damage, not very hard hitting, but fast and great for keep away.
- Mid Charge Shots deal 10% damage and travel the same Metal Blade distance as uncharged shots, they have some knock back and can KO at 140%, not a reliable KO move in normal games, but in longer ones, it'll work.
- Geo's Full Charge has a Kickback animation, and the attack deals 25%. It'll travel full screen, similar to Samus or Mewtwo. It's a powerful move to finish a fight with to say the least. There's no difference in damage between ground and air buster shots. Can KO at 80% on average characters.

Side Special: MilliKick: Mega Man Starforce 2 and 3.

View attachment 224377

Geo dashes at the opponent in a similar manner to Fox, and upon contact, he throws out a flurry of kicks with flashy blue hit trails, before one last kick that sends the opponent flying. MilliKick can be used on the ground or in the air, making it a reliable recovery tool, it has a similar range to Fox's Side B. It has great start up, but a fair bit of recovery, making reckless use of it outside of recovery, vulnerable to counter attacks. The attack itself is a reference to Street Fighter's Chun-Li, while also implementing some of Geo's "Locking On" features. The attack deals 11% Damage on contact. It can KO at 105% or so.

Down Special: Chain Bubble: Mega Man Starforce 1(and I belive 2 and 3 as well)

View attachment 224379

Geo Shoots a ball of water out of his Mega Buster. Once it lands on the opponent, they are trapped in a bubble that leaves them vulnerable to a follow up. It'll deal 8% damage on contact. The opponent can wiggle out of the Bubble as well, while they won't suffer any damage from doing so, they will be launched slightly. The more damage the opponent has, the longer it takes for the bubble to vanish. The range on this attack matches Luigi's Fireball.

Up Special Hurricane/Thyphoon Dance: Mega Man Starforce 1-3

View attachment 224381

Geo's recovery attack. Mega Man will spin around rapidly creating a gale around him that'll cut up any opponents unluckly enough to be near him. There's a few liberties taken with this attack, namely that Geo will fly up much higher when using it, but there's plenty of characters that take liberties to translate their moves into a fighting game of any kind. If all hits connect, this attack will do 12%, so while not terribly strong, it can finish off opponents early if you use it at the top of a stage. It can be used to rack up damage either way. The height of the attack is similar to the mid-air Spin Attack from Adult Link.

Smash Attacks

Forward Smash: Beast Slap: Mega Man Starforce 3

View attachment 224382

Don't worry about the attack in the gif missing, ha ha.

Mega Man sends out his partner in crime Omega-Xis, to Slash the Opponent and send them flying. Uncharged it'll do 13% and full charged, it'll deal 21% damage. It's range is about the same as Donkey Kong's Forward Smash. It'll KO a bit early in the 80% range.

Down Smash: Double Eater: Mega Man Starforce 3

View attachment 224383

Omega-Xis will slash the ground right in front of and right behind Geo. Each hit will do 7% uncharged, and the both will do 10% charged fully. It can KO at the 90% range. It's Range is similar to Ike's Down Smash.

Up Smash: Rising Beast Slash: Modified from MMSF3

A Variation of the attack used in MMSF3, nothing too crazy. Omega-Xis Slashes in a Half-Circle Arc Above Geo's Head, has similar range to Ridley's Up Smash. Deals 11% Uncharged and 19% Fully Charged. Should KO at 100% range. It's the weakest, but fastest of Starforce Mega Man's Smash attacks.

Throws

For the throws, Geo will use Omega-Xis to assist him in most of them. I'll be using Nero from DMC(another Capcom Series) to help give an idea of how that should look more or less. Hopefully both of them being blue wearing sword+gun fighters with a floating energy being helps too.

Pummel: Omega-Xis will grab the Opponent and hold them along with Geo, while Geo Knees them in the gut. Each pummel does 2% of damage.

Forward Throw:

View attachment 224385

Omega-Xis will Spin the opponent around Geo once, and Geo will kick them forwards. This throw does 7% damage. Not much of a KO throw.

Back Throw:

View attachment 224386

One of the main KO throws. Omega-Xis will wildly spin the opponent multiple times and Slash them away behind Geo. This throw deals 11% damage and can KO from mid screen at about 100% damage.

Down Throw:

View attachment 224388
Omega-Xis will slam the enemy to the ground and Geo stomp on them, popping them up. This Deals 7% damage. Like many Down Throws, it'll lead to combos using many moves, N-Air, Jab, U-Air, F-Tilt, F-Air ect ect.

Up Throw:

Geo Blasts the opponent with a bunch of Rapid-Fire Mega Buster Shots, Then Omega-Xis will Uppercut them away. The throw will deal 14% damage and it's another KO throw. It can take a stock at the 100% damage range.

Final Smash

Black End Galaxy: Mega Man Star Force 3

Mega Man transforms into his Black Ace form and Shoots a Black Hole towards the center of the stage, it'll grab and continually deal damage to any enemies caught up in it, leading to a cinematic shot of Mega Man using a Red and Black Cyber Sword to cut the Black Hole, making it explode. Like Ridley and Zelda, it automatically KO's 100% or more damage at the end of the attack. The attack itself will deal 40% damage on it's own.

Well, that's the current version of this moveset. I'm sure there's other adjustments I'll have to make, namely with damage, but for now that's what I came up with.
Yo, I gotta say...

I love a man that uses gifs, especially DMC gifs.

no bias there, haha.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yo, I gotta say...

I love a man that uses gifs, especially DMC gifs.

no bias there, haha.
If I had a video that compiled the moves I wanted him to use, that would have been easier. Part of me wanted to use this an a chance to practice animating, but I figured that'd take too long. So gifs were what I could use. Unfortunately 20's the limit and not 25. I've got a gif of Black End Galaxy and I can't add it.

I figured Nero's DT made a good comparison for Omega-Xis in Geo's throws.

Might try this with another character someday.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If I had a video that compiled the moves I wanted him to use, that would have been easier. Part of me wanted to use this an a chance to practice animating, but I figured that'd take too long. So gifs were what I could use. Unfortunately 20's the limit and not 25. I've got a gif of Black End Galaxy and I can't add it.

I figured Nero's DT made a good comparison for Omega-Xis in Geo's throws.

Might try this with another character someday.
Oh, that 20 files limit hasn't stopped me since I figured you could upload it to imgur and just link the gifs/pics there.

Also yeah, I tried animating a moveset once. Didn't even get past the miscellaneous stuff. ****'s haaaaaaaaard.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
And with that, Mega Man Volnutt finally has a vote on the board.

MMX, Zero and Protoman are still in the top 3 spots for characters after the OG Mega Man himself.

EDIT: Star Force Mega Man's nabbed a few more votes for himself.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Have you thought of changing the title too to say it's a general megaman thread?

I'm a fan of Zero. I loved playing the megaman zero games. Even ZX, but obviously less Zero there.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
X is my favourite character in gaming, period. He's always been my major "never-ever" dream, even more than Lycanroc. I would be over the moon if he got into Smash.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Have you thought of changing the title too to say it's a general megaman thread?

I'm a fan of Zero. I loved playing the megaman zero games. Even ZX, but obviously less Zero there.
Maybe, but I do want to keep it kind of catchy, like a lot of other threads, so I'll probably keep the "Super Fighting Robots" part. And replace 2ND character with General Mega Man thread.

X is my favourite character in gaming, period. He's always been my major "never-ever" dream, even more than Lycanroc. I would be over the moon if he got into Smash.
Thanks to the both of you stopping by.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just a bit of a weekly update.

We got a bit more support for a Mega Man ZX character and Dr. Wily.

MMX, Zero, Protoman and Starforce Mega Man are still in the lead.

Top Bottom