• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mega Man Social Thread - Get Equipped with MM11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kind of minor, but it looks like Fire Man will appear as a Spirit and is getting a new remix as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT5RV2QcoFM

Confirmed:
Guts Man
Fire Man
Flash Man
Wood Man
Mega Man 4 Medley
We are the Robots (Wily 2)
Central Highway

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Kind of minor, but it looks like Fire Man will appear as a Spirit and is getting a new remix as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT5RV2QcoFM

Confirmed:
Guts Man
Fire Man
Flash Man
Wood Man
Mega Man 4 Medley
We are the Robots (Wily 2)
Central Highway
I kind of hope they don't use Mega Man to represent every Robot Master... I'm personally holding out for an Ike with a Zero spirit holding a Beam Sword.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
We're getting ever closer to the release! Just over a week and our new and improved Mega Man will be in our hands. Raise your busters. :ultmegaman:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
:ultmegaman: Megaman
Nair: "Stuck" for 25 frames. Functionally similar to Smash 4, you can walk, shoot or jump instantly otherwise.
Fair: 10 frames
Bair: 20 frames
Uair: 20 frames
Dair: 15 frames
Fullhop height: 3.3 stage units
Shorthop height: 1.3 stage units
Interesting Notes: Megaman can airdodge after Up B. You must hold B to retain leaf shield now, and you can't hold onto it for as long. While you're doing leaf shield, you cannot do any attacks or grab the ledge. I do not think you can fastfall uptilt anymore. Because of the dash cancel system you can sprint away and do reverse jabs which is pretty neat, but otherwise Megaman is mostly the same. He cannot charge his Fsmash as long as the other fighters, who have all gained a few seconds of extra charge on smash attacks.
Looks like the landing lag of F-Air and D-Air have been cut by 9 frames while U-Air has single frame nerf. Not too shabby.

I can't tell if Leaf Shield is nerfed or not. Hopefully we can still jump and grab opponents while it's active.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Holding Leaf Shield is weird, but it looked like Each Leaf could hit more than once and spun around faster. Still, letting go while airborne might be useful. Glad his air attacks are less laggy. I think you can still grab with Leaf Shield, we'll have to see, that was even a major element in Smash 4's version of the attack that the hints mentioned it.

He was mid-tier last game, but I'm betting he'll go down a few more spots again for the moment considering how some characters have improved.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah, I don't expect much out of Mega Man this time around given mechanic changes; though Dash Cancels/Auto Short Hops could offer interesting tech for pellet spam & landing Up-Tilts. Mega Man seems to have lost to the power creep. That said he was always a character I mained out of love rather than results.

I hope to at least make an effort to be able to qualify for Elite Smash matches in the Online modes using him.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I tend to not care too much about the tier list. I stick with Mega Man because he's fun to use, and he's my *****. That said, I like seeing others use him too.

I don't think he'll be the worst, far from it, but he'll going from upper mid, to lower mid. Though, really, we don't know how much this game has in store for the Blue Bomber. I'll sure he'll have some cool stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom