• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Effective! Ivysaur match-up thread. [Updated for 3.0+]

BtheDestroyer

Smash Rookie
I have a friend that plays Sonic (pretty good, too) and I have no real problem taking him down by using Seed Bomb to set up punishes and edge guard. Remember that Sonic's recovery is entirely vertical, so just by using seed bomb where he'll be recovering is a guaranteed hit. Also his "spin" attacks have a negative hitbox meaning you can short hop N-air to have protection from it.

Move him to even/super effective

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Dunno where else to put this, but I will definitely be redoing the frame data thread since I borked the last one

<3

PieSandwich

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2664-2630-4028
Sonic is a dirtbag to deal with usually. Keep him where he is. He isn't Ivy's worst matchup, but he isn't spectacular. Maybe move him to even.
Also, we should revive this thread for 3.6, especially since it's been finalized and we need an up-to-date MU thread.

WickedUMD

Smash Rookie
Sonic is a dirtbag to deal with usually. Keep him where he is. He isn't Ivy's worst matchup, but he isn't spectacular. Maybe move him to even.
Also, we should revive this thread for 3.6, especially since it's been finalized and we need an up-to-date MU thread.
Hey Pie, I just got Strong Bad to pin the 3.6 MU Guide to the top. I adopted most of what Mach put in this and cleaned it up, as well as kept it updated with the discussion that's been happening in the Discord group.

Just as a note, I have Sonic as 55:45 in our favor, but I want to keep discussion in the guide to tangible strategies we can actually use as opposed to MU spreads. Feel free to join us in the Discord group if you want to discuss anything else!

Top Bottom