• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Clash Bros

RogerBidon

Smash Cadet
Looks super fun! Do you plan to distribute a testable build for us to try it (without moving to SmashCon) ?

ClashDev

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

ClashDev

Smash Rookie
Just uploaded the first release, you can download or play in browser here: https://gamejolt.com/games/mario-v-sonic-dawn-of-clash/306833

This is an early preview of the upcoming Super CLASH Bros. It's still unfinished and a bit glitchy, but it's very playable and fun with a group of friends.

Some notes:
  • Only local multiplayer for now. I might add online play soon, and maybe a solo/co-op mode too if there's enough interest in this.
  • Downloadable version has better gamepad support and performance.
  • The default controls are setup so you can play by yourself with a character to each hand. You can change them through the Control Mapper button in the lobby or by pressing escape. You should play with a gamepad though, just about every gamepad is supported in the downloadable version.
  • If you look at all the actions there in the Control Mapper menu you can see what abilities are available to you. Not all characters have all those actions. I'll upload a video guide to our youtube channel soon. youtube.com/JForceGames
  • Bowser is especially unfinished, he can't get items right now and he can't do his shell spin that I showed off in my previous video. I'll add more items/abilities for the other characters too.
  • Mario/Luigi can get Yoshi via the item bubbles under certain conditions. Yoshi can't eat Bowser. Yoshi tends to cause funny glitches.
  • Slopes aren't working perfectly yet. And Mario bros can don't have their wall-run animation yet.
  • When you die you come back as a ghost. They're not tracked yet by the camera zoomer/positioner, so you won't be able to see the ghosts if they're too far away.
That's all for now, let me know any feedback you have. You can follow progress at JForceGames.com

ClashDev

Smash Rookie
Updated original post with videos showing online play and the new characters coming.

You can join the Discord if you want to arrange online matches. Every week we're doing a game night. Come join if you want to get dominated by me! :estatic:

Last edited:

ClashDev

Smash Rookie
Updated the original post with the new character reveal trailer and new gameplay footage!

Mike Arcade

Smash Rookie
*Sees Super Clash Bros*
Huh, I could get behind this.

*Sees the Current Roster*
Alright I'm really digging this!

*Sees Scorpion*
OHH! Dude, let's go!

*Sees Michael Jackson*
...I-um...what. o_o

...SOLD. XP

D