• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Bomber Bros! - Bomberman for Super Smash Bros. - Assist Trophy for SSBU

Click on either option to support Bomberman!

• Total voters

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It would be funny if Bomberman (Act Zero) and Bombergirl were added in as playable characters in the game.
Inb4 Youtube dislikes

It could be possible, they will have to tone down Bombergirl ALOT since the game is adult as it gets.

Then again, Rumble Roses was referenced and that was a fanservicey wrestling game.

D

Deleted member

Edit your post instead of triple posting
I do imagine that again Richter would be added in to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of Smash Ultimate.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I honestly completely forgot Bombergirl was even a thing...

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
There is a trope called "Overshadowed by Controversy". Don't want to support their products, that of course is fine but if I were you, I wouldn't use polictics as a reason to not buy a product no matter how sour it is.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OvershadowedByControversy
it's not politics, it's about how Konami treats its employees ridiculously horribly
https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/The-Konami-exodus?page=2
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...o-clean-gyms-work-at-pachinko-machine-factory
I'm sorry but as much as it'd be nice to see Bomberman continue the idea of supporting--*retch*--Konami again makes me ridiculously uncomfortable, but you're well-within your rights to keep supporting Bomberman.

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
In terms of Bomberman, I assume the alts would be the 8 Bomberman Bros, from Super Bomberman R?
also btw add me to the support list.

D

Deleted member

it's not politics, it's about how Konami treats its employees ridiculously horribly
https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/The-Konami-exodus?page=2
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...o-clean-gyms-work-at-pachinko-machine-factory
I'm sorry but as much as it'd be nice to see Bomberman continue the idea of supporting--*retch*--Konami again makes me ridiculously uncomfortable, but you're well-within your rights to keep supporting Bomberman.
Well looks I will not hear the end of it but again, it's fine not to support their product if you don't want to but I do remembered reading a comment from Spazzy_D "...Love the IP, but not the company..."

D

Deleted member

You know, I know this is a Bomberman thread but imagine if they added this Belmont as an echo fighter for Simon instead of Richter
B81C322B-0D91-4B2D-A5AA-4BFE8D2E73C4.jpeg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Regardless whether Hudson's trapped in purgatory, I just wish that Master Higgins and Bonk got acknowledged again.

You know, I know this is a Bomberman thread but imagine if they added this Belmont as an echo fighter for Simon instead of RichterView attachment 200938
I don't think that'd blow over well, people already complain about "too much anime characters" without an actual Mine Yoshizaki girl being involved.

D

Deleted member

Regardless whether Hudson's trapped in purgatory, I just wish that Master Higgins and Bonk got acknowledged again.

I don't think that'd blow over well, people already complain about "too much anime characters" without an actual Mine Yoshizaki girl being involved.
Plus Richter is already anime, I mean sure not moe anime but you know bishie.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Plus Richter is already anime, I mean sure not moe anime but you know bishie.
People are fine with him, since they only ever complained about "CV anime" when Ayami Kojima was dropped between Aria of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia. I guess that if it's 90s anime, it's okay.

Well, that, and Judgement baffled everyone with the decision to get Takeshi Obata involved.

D

Deleted member

One more time I mention Bombergirl but I already mention this before I deleted it but I remember reading a twitter comment that is the worst-case scenario, adding Bombergirl in Smash before Bomberman.

D

Deleted member

I'm certain you've heard of this before but a new Belmont has arrive.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I've supported Bomberman for almost 3-4 years (Although he's not one of my favorite characters). When I saw Bomberman as an assist trophy last year, I was very dissappointed. As I've aforementioned, I got even more upset when Joker/Ren became playable. Not only because a significantly inconic character who has a potential to be playable became an assist trophy, but also because an undericonic character who also didn't have enough support became playable. I felt that the roles of Bomberman and Joker/Ren should've been switched.

But On the bright side, since Isabelle and Dark Samus were assist trophies in Smash 4 and were promoted in Ultimate, I can see Bomberman's high chances of being playable in Smash 6.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Isabelle and Dark Samus were promoted to clones. Glorified alts. Bomberman could never be one of those so he's in a rather different position.
There's also Little Mac, who was promoted from an assist trophy to a unique character, and Charizard, who was promoted from a Poke Ball summon.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I have to say that having Bomberman as an assist trophy is just as bad as having Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura) as a support character in a shonen jump game.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Ok, you've got me there. I guess being an assist really does mean that Nintendo have their eye on you.
Nintendo has had characters who have been an assist for a long time so even then Nintendo having there eye on you ain't much

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I have to say that having Bomberman as an assist trophy is just as bad as having Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura) as a support character in a shonen jump game.
Would you consider Cardcaptor Sakura the progenitor of cardgame anime? I wouldn't personally say that it was a genre until YuGiOh, which actually did get a starring role, but the argument could certainly be made. Bomberman and the clones thereof, though, they're undeniable. Leaving him out seems like a worse offense to me and I like Sakura.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Leaving him out seems like a worse offense to me.
I agree, it was a bit evil to make Bomberman an assist. But on the bright side, he still has a high chance of being promoted to playable in Smash 6.

Here's my reaction:
I need to note that the two have nothing to do with each other, and it's just a coiencidence that the roles of the two characters in the video above should've been swapped in my opinion.

And also, if Sakura was a support character in a shonen jump game and Konata was playable, I would say that the roles of Konata as a fighter and Sakura as an assist should've been swapped.

Also, do you think that having Bomberman as an assist trophy effects the chances of Yu-(insert suffix here) being an assist trophy in Smash 6. I would love to have Yu-(insert suffix here) replace Bomberman, and Bomberman becomes playable.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And by the way, there is a new server for the Super Bomber Bros.

Feel free to check it out since KuroiKamen is hoping to help the movement grow and see more Bomberman fans on Discord.

The link is right there in the OP.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
To bump up this thread, what are the chances of bomberman being promoted to playable in Smash 6?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Now that ATs got a shot again, I can finally join the support for Bomberman!

Man, he got disconfirmed way too early...

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Now that ATs got a shot again, I can finally join the support for Bomberman!

Man, he got disconfirmed way too early...
Well the base roster is always set in pre production, and DLC is chosen afterwards. So only if they didn't make bomberman an assist trophy, they would've been able to release him as a DLC fighter in the 2nd fighter's pass. Now we have to wait several years just to get bomberman.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well the base roster is always set in pre production, and DLC is chosen afterwards. So only if they didn't make bomberman an assist trophy, they would've been able to release him as a DLC fighter in the 2nd fighter's pass. Now we have to wait several years just to get bomberman.
That's just a fan rule. Nothing prevents Sakurai from promoting an AT, especially because DLC is chosen afterwards.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
That's just a fan rule. Nothing prevents Sakurai from promoting an AT, especially because DLC is chosen afterwards.
Assist trophies and 4th party characters are the only characters that can't be released as DLC. Until the next game.

Now what would happen if Bomberman wasn't an assist trophy and was challenger pack 1 instead of Joker/Ren, but Joker/Ren still got released later.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Assist trophies and 4th party characters are the only characters that can't be released as DLC. Until the next game.
[citation needed]

I know you're not going to actually debate but rather repeat the same two sentences over and over again so consider this my last reply.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Reminder that there is a Bomberman for Smash server, KuroiKamen would appreciate more people joining.

It is linked in the OP.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Reminder that there is a Bomberman for Smash server, KuroiKamen would appreciate more people joining.

It is linked in the OP.
Already joined.

Fuzzy Pickles will be missed. The Super Bomber Bros would had never been a thing without him.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
[citation needed]

I know you're not going to actually debate but rather repeat the same two sentences over and over again so consider this my last reply.
To bring up something new. So Bomberman is an assist trophy because Richter is playable as a trade off, if Bomberman wasn't an assist trophy, he still would've been able to be a DLC fighter later. Here's what they could've done instead, Konami should've had Yusaku as an assist trophy in the base game instead of Bomberman.

StormC

Smash Hero
Bomberman is essentially the last character I've wanted to see in Smash since the pre-Brawl days. Him and Dixie would make me the most excited.

I don't know how good his chances are for an Assist Trophy promotion (and we can't be sure that will even happen), but the Bomberman IP is certainly in a better spot than it was in late 2015. Hell, I'd argue he would have fit into the Fighters Pass - a mid-tier Japanese series with lots of history that could use the publicity. He would be considered a frontrunner if it wasn't for the deconfirmation.

Maybe season 2 will be more favorable. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it would truly be fantastic if they made it happen.

Of course, his trailer needs to have him interact with Wario in a significant manner.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
To bring up something new. So Bomberman is an assist trophy because Richter is playable as a trade off, if Bomberman wasn't an assist trophy, he still would've been able to be a DLC fighter later. Here's what they could've done instead, Konami should've had Yusaku as an assist trophy in the base game instead of Bomberman.
Bomberman being an assist trophy and Richter being playable have nothing to do with each other. Richter's playable because he's an easy echo to make (he's nearly identical to Simon in every way but appearance) and he represents a major turning point in the franchise (Symphony of the Night). If Richter wasn't playable, it wouldn't mean that they'd suddenly have enough time to make Bomberman playable instead.

Bomberman's an assist trophy because he's the main character of what is arguably Konami's third most prominent series (some could argue for Silent Hill or Contra), which (if Konami continues to get involved with Smash Bros.) could bode well for future games. As we've seen with Sega, there's no issue with including three separate series from the same company.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well after the Japanese goverment introduced measures to crack down on pachinko parlors in preperation for the Olympics, Konami has come scrambling back to the console games. They're not in danger as they still have mobile games but even they know not to put all their eggs in that basket.

May bode well going forward.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well after the Japanese goverment introduced measures to crack down on pachinko parlors in preperation for the Olympics, Konami has come scrambling back to the console games. They're not in danger as they still have mobile games but even they know not to put all their eggs in that basket.

May bode well going forward.
Especially if the lootbox crackdown keeps going, videogame companies might have no choice but to actually make videogames for a living.

Man, that would be something.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The good Konami we know and love just may come back.

Japan cracking down on pachinko is a good thing since it will force them to go back to games more often. Maybe try a bigger and better game for Bomberman.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Despite Bomberman having been added to SSBU as an Assist Trophy, I've wanted to see Bomberman in Smash for a long time. My first experience with the Bomberman games was the SNES' Super Bomberman (ah the memories). The boss theme in that game slapped HARD. :2gud: Afterwards I got hooked with the N64 games (Bomberman 64, Hero, and 64 The 2nd Attack). The 2nd Attack's lore was pretty cool, and the elemental bombs were also a nice new feature in the series. I also played the GBA one, GC, Wii, and the latest I've played is Super Bomberman R which was a nice return to form. That being said, count me as a Bomberman supporter! :kirby: (Speaking of which, imagine Kirby's Bomberman costume! A-DO-RA-BLE)

Top Bottom