• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Bomber Bros! - Bomberman for Super Smash Bros. - Assist Trophy for SSBU

Click on either option to support Bomberman!

• Total voters

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
So what do we know, Incineroar and Ken were it along with Piranha Plant for the first DLC. The five other DLC characters were also decided in advance so any campaign efforts will have to go towards the next Smash.

That said, I definitely want to get a community collaboration going of disconfirmed characters. Let's show that they are not forgotten.
The 5 DLC characters in the Fighter Pass are just going to be the first of many, I can feel it. Let's be real, Smash Ultimate is going to sell like hotcakes, and its DLC will sell like hotcakes as well. Nintendo plans to continue supporting the Switch for 7 to 10 years. There is going to be more DLC for Smash Ultimate, and if we make enough noise and a big enough movement for Bomberman and other Assist Trophy/Mii Fighter costume characters before Sakurai goes to choose who the next DLC characters will be, there just might be a chance that Bomberman and/or another "deconfirmed" character will be promoted to full playable character status. So let's keep the Super Bomber Bros. campaign going! It's not over until Nintendo announces the Switch's successor... and then we can start campaigning to get Bomberman in the next Smash game!

It is not a story mode, otherwise, Sakurai would have said something about it.
If Spirits and World of Light are separate modes, then yeah, Spirits isn't the story mode, World of Light is. And World of Light is definitely a story mode, judging by that cutscene. It's going to focus less on plot and more on gameplay in comparison to Subspace Emissary, But there's definitely going to be a story being told and cutscenes illustrating the struggle to save the world from Galeem. And I suspect from Sakurai's choice of words when introducing World of Light that WoL and Spirits are one and the same.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
So what do we know, Incineroar and Ken were it along with Piranha Plant for the first DLC. The five other DLC characters were also decided in advance so any campaign efforts will have to go towards the next Smash.

That said, I definitely want to get a community collaboration going of disconfirmed characters. Let's show that they are not forgotten.
It is not a story mode, otherwise, Sakurai would have said something about it.
I agree with the first part, DLC is decided and while more is possible, I wouldn't even put it past Sakurai to already have plans for them. Not to mention that I just don't think they'll change content already in the game for the sake of DLC.

As for the other part, Spirits is absolutely connected to the story mode of WoL at very least.

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
The 5 DLC characters in the Fighter Pass are just going to be the first of many, I can feel it. Let's be real, Smash Ultimate is going to sell like hotcakes, and its DLC will sell like hotcakes as well. Nintendo plans to continue supporting the Switch for 7 to 10 years. There is going to be more DLC for Smash Ultimate, and if we make enough noise and a big enough movement for Bomberman and other Assist Trophy/Mii Fighter costume characters before Sakurai goes to choose who the next DLC characters will be, there just might be a chance that Bomberman and/or another "deconfirmed" character will be promoted to full playable character status. So let's keep the Super Bomber Bros. campaign going! It's not over until Nintendo announces the Switch's successor... and then we can start campaigning to get Bomberman in the next Smash game!

If Spirits and World of Light are separate modes, then yeah, Spirits isn't the story mode, World of Light is. And World of Light is definitely a story mode, judging by that cutscene. It's going to focus less on plot and more on gameplay in comparison to Subspace Emissary, But there's definitely going to be a story being told and cutscenes illustrating the struggle to save the world from Galeem. And I suspect from Sakurai's choice of words when introducing World of Light that WoL and Spirits are one and the same.
You imply they are gonna use logic, I have high suspicions for dlc after the season pass.

As for the switch being supported 7-10 years, I suspect they mean 6 years of support and then a few years of psuedo report like the 3ds. Wii did so well yet got 6 years only really.

We have to make noise but I have lost faith, Vergeben points to a Square rep, Minecraft rep, and outside of Vergeben Bethesda is asking about making a deal with smash. 3/5 probably gonna be non fan picks and I heavily doubt Geno getting in despite being a spirit. They chose a plant, lied about using the ballot for 4,and used the ballot for like 2-3 of the 6-7 new characters in Ultimate

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
You imply they are gonna use logic, I have high suspicions for dlc after the season pass.

As for the switch being supported 7-10 years, I suspect they mean 6 years of support and then a few years of psuedo report like the 3ds. Wii did so well yet got 6 years only really.

We have to make noise but I have lost faith, Vergeben points to a Square rep, Minecraft rep, and outside of Vergeben Bethesda is asking about making a deal with smash. 3/5 probably gonna be non fan picks and I heavily doubt Geno getting in despite being a spirit. They chose a plant, lied about using the ballot for 4,and used the ballot for like 2-3 of the 6-7 new characters in Ultimate
Coming in from the Isaac thread saying that we have a plan that might work. We are trying to garner all the supporters of Assist Trophy characters under the banner #UpgradeAssists so our voices will be stronger. What do you say Bomberman fans, you in?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Coming in from the Isaac thread saying that we have a plan that might work. We are trying to garner all the supporters of Assist Trophy characters under the banner #UpgradeAssists so our voices will be stronger. What do you say Bomberman fans, you in?
Hell yeah! I can already say I want 3 of them promoted...

D

Deleted member

Oh guys...

Chrom is showing up both as a playable character and a Final Smash.

Who's to say Bomberman can't be DLC?

https://twitter.com/superbomberbros/status/1059648666187845633

Show this to everyone, to your friends and family, and to fans of other characters who got AT'd. There might be hope for those in AT purgatory yet and if not, we can use this opportunity to grow his fan base for next game.

Either way, we're back in business and here to stay.
I'll think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hey guys, new tweets from Sakurai came in.

So, who are the lucky contestants? We'll just have to wait and see... (I'm still optimistic about Wave 2 being a thing.)

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I've come from the Isaac thread bearing some very optimistic news!

So to quote someone from the general thread,

"I saw on reddit that someone's reporting that certain Assist Trophies and Pokéballs can't appear on some stages:

- Palkia won't spawn on Spear Pillar
- The Moon won't spawn on Great Bay
- Klap Trap won't spawn on Jungle Japes

...we have a precedent to remove Assist Trophies and Pokémon from the rotation! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!"

Not sure if it means much, but it's something.
That is actually great! That means they programmed them to turn off under certain circumstances and could do (if they wanted) the same if they decide to have an AT to become playable. Being picked would be likely the circumstance to turn said AT off
Guess that means Knuckles won't spawn on Green Hill Zone?
That someone was me!
Don't lose your hope yet Isaac fans!

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Hello Bomberbros. Bomberman's spirit has been datamined and it appears to be never before seen art in the Super Bomberman R style. Take a look
Copy of spirits_0_bomberman.png

D

Deleted member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBU1AsfduJg

Amazing fully animated Bomberman moveset concept to show to detractors!
This video perfectly summarizes my ideas for Bomberman. Bomberman being in Smash Bros is so perfect on paper. What character would fit into a fun chaotic free-for-all experience better than Bomberman? His multiplayer brings a lot of joy and I'll continue to root for him even if it's not possible now. for Ultimate.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
This video perfectly summarizes my ideas for Bomberman. Bomberman being in Smash Bros is so perfect on paper. What character would fit into a fun chaotic free-for-all experience better than Bomberman? His multiplayer brings a lot of joy and I'll continue to root for him even if it's not possible now. for Ultimate.
Did you see the moveset I came up with for Bomberman? (There's a link in my signature.) I'd like to update the moveset for Ultimate (such as streamlining Bomb Select), but I can’t get my post with its formatting from the Smash 4 support thread due to its being locked. Sad times.

(By the way, is that Sirius in your profile pic? I recognized that rogue immediately. Bomberman 64 is one of my all-time favorite games, and the game that introduced me to the Bomberman franchise.)

D

Deleted member

Did you see the moveset I came up with for Bomberman? (There's a link in my signature.) I'd like to update the moveset for Ultimate (such as streamlining Bomb Select), but I can’t get my post with its formatting from the Smash 4 support thread due to its being locked. Sad times.

(By the way, is that Sirius in your profile pic? I recognized that rogue immediately. Bomberman 64 is one of my all-time favorite games, and the game that introduced me to the Bomberman franchise.)
I think your moveset is fairly valid. Bomberman as a series is so expansive to a point where it has a lot of ideas to work with to represent at least some of them. The assist trophy of Bomberman is amazing because it captures the essence of Bomberman multiplayer chaos with just one move and two of his most basic bombs. If they just expand on that more and maybe nerf the explosion radius, he'll be one for parties. Imagine 8-player Bomberman. XD.

Haha. Yeah this is indeed a Sirius fanart I found off of google images. I grew up predominantly with Bomberman 64 and Bomberman Max 2 for the series, and they pretty much taught me everything I needed to know. Great times. The Bomberman 64 cast have some of my favorite designs and fanart really helps develop them. They're weirdly fun to mess around with and draw. (Secretly, I want Sirius and Max in Smash but first we gotta get Bomberman)

D

Deleted member

Also if any of you fans support the idea of Sirius being in Smash (despite the craziness of that being), I made stocks for him.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
The new monado power wheel is highly counterintuitive when the rest of the game works on 8 angles. a better option would have been to use left, right, up and the two diagonals inbetween them for the move.

Also if any of you fans support the idea of Sirius being in Smash (despite the craziness of that being), I made stocks for him.
Maybe just reskin the current assist trophy to look like him? Aside from his pointy visor, his has very little in the way of gameplay differences AFAIK and, nice as he'd be, he doesn't have anywhere near the clout of Bomberman himself.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
The new monado power wheel is highly counterintuitive when the rest of the game works on 8 angles. a better option would have been to use left, right, up and the two diagonals inbetween them for the move.
I plan on taking out the items and just having the 8 bomb types. So the 8 directions will work fine for Bomb Select.

Maybe just reskin the current assist trophy to look like him? Aside from his pointy visor, his has very little in the way of gameplay differences AFAIK and, nice as he'd be, he doesn't have anywhere near the clout of Bomberman himself.
That would be excellent, but the role of replacing the Bomberman Assist Trophy would probably be better-suited for Max.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
That would be excellent, but the role of replacing the Bomberman Assist Trophy would probably be better-suited for Max.
Max is all about the lightning bombs and cards, though. He'd be a cool addition but he'd have to function a little differently to the current assist trophy.
The above animated video had a good idea of how to impliment the electricity on the bombs and the cards could just be a quicker, stunning projectile for minimal damage.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Max is all about the lightning bombs and cards, though. He'd be a cool addition but he'd have to function a little differently to the current assist trophy.
The above animated video had a good idea of how to impliment the electricity on the bombs and the cards could just be a quicker, stunning projectile for minimal damage.
...When the heck did Max fight with cards?!

D

Deleted member

Even though Konami's done terrible things, I'd rather support one of their games when it's a clear step in the right direction instead of ignoring it, which (if enough people do that) would make them think that supporting their older franchises is a mistake and they should go back to sticking with pachinko machines and mobile games.

I'm not going to buy Metal Gear Survive, though, since that's about as far from "a step in the right direction" as you can get.
Well I see what you stand for. They are far from innocent with the things they do and how employees are treated.

But what choice does the Bomberman franchise has? Hudson is owned by Konami and they can't be sold by anyone else. To support Bomberman, you only open is to support them.

If you don't want to support them, that's fine. I want to support the future of Bomberman than for him to fad into obscurity again.
I understand your stance, I respect that. I apologize for bringing my negativity in this support thread. I do want to see Bomberman thrive, but it really sucks that the only way is through Konami.
I know I’m way too late to the party but as sour as the controversy may be, however you don’t want to use any of the controversy Konami has done as a reason to not buy a product do you?

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I know I’m way too late to the party but as sour as the controversy may be, however you don’t want use any of the controversy Konami has done as a reason to not buy a product do you?
I'm confused by your wording

D

Deleted member

Now that "Super Bomberman R" is two years old I often wondered if Richter will playable for the game?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now that "Super Bomberman R" is two years old I often wondered if Richter will playable for the game?
I wouldn't mind him being a new costume for R.

Depends if they are still supporting the game since I thought the Metal Gear costumes were the last of it.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't mind him being a new costume for R.

Depends if they are still supporting the game since I thought the Metal Gear costumes were the last of it.
No I remembered that the latest update was the two characters from “Pop N Music” and Alucard from “Castlevania”

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No I remembered that the latest update was the two characters from “Pop N Music” and Alucard from “Castlevania”
Ah right, I haven't been keeping up. Then again, I sold my copy years ago.

Who knows, a Richard costume would be a welcome addition. Maybe a few extras like Robbie the Rabbit or a Moai.

D

Deleted member

Ah right, I haven't been keeping up. Then again, I sold my copy years ago.

Who knows, a Richard costume would be a welcome addition. Maybe a few extras like Robbie the Rabbit or a Moai.
I think I’m asking this because Richter in Smash have been in my mind so I wondered if Richter would also appear in Bomberman as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think I’m asking this because Richter in Smash have been in my mind so I wondered if Richter would also appear in Bomberman as well.
Oh don't get me wrong, I would love a Richter costume and having him would be good marketing.

So I would quite love it.

D

Deleted member

Oh don't get me wrong, I would love a Richter costume and having him would be good marketing.

So I would quite love it.
I also hear people wanting Wario in the game as well as a reference to the crossover between Wario and Bomberman on GameBoy

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Well Bomberman fans, you can play him in SSF2! Also super Bomberman r is free this month on Xbox Live

D

Deleted member

You know what now that Xavier Woods from WWE is in the game, I now want to see John Cena in the game as well.

I really do wonder that if there is one Nintendo character appear as a playable character for the Switch version of Bomberman, then who will it be?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I really do wonder that if there is one Nintendo character appear as a playable character for the Switch version of Bomberman, then who will it be?
I'd like to see Wario. I'm a little biased, but there's some history there.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know what now that Xavier Woods from WWE is in the game, I now want to see John Cena in the game as well.

I'd like to see Wario. I'm a little biased, but there's some history there.

Besides him, Master Higgins would be nice. And make more sense than Princess Tomato.

D

Deleted member

I feel like these 3 Nintendo characters have potential after reading comments from other social media sites like Samus, Link (though I would prefer Breath of the Wild Link) and of course, the aforementioned Wario

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I feel like these 3 Nintendo characters have potential after reading comments from other social media sites like Samus, Link (though I would prefer Breath of the Wild Link) and of course, the aforementioned Wario
Lik Bomber and Samus Bomber would work pretty well. I can see Link special ability being his Master Sword while for Samus it would be the grapple beam.

Wario is easily a no brainier and his special ability could be his shoulder barge.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

I know they aren't actually Nintendo characters, but I would like to see the Masked Trio (and their leader, Altair, and their victim/usurper, Sirius) from Bomberman 64 again... in fact, I even have a good idea of their specials (Artemis would fire missiles that could kill on a direct hit (but would be slow to avoid being overpowered), Orion would have a shield that blocks explosions and stuns players, Regulus would have a dash that could kill if it collided with a player (but stop and freeze Regulus in place to play a punch/stab-combo animation while doing so, ending the dash, as well as being slower than Vic Viper Bomber's "Speed Up" ability, so as to avoid being overpowered compared to Vic Viper's dash), Altair would have either a teleport, a stunning, fast-moving energy shuriken, or would deploy Vega to emit a lethal heat ray, and Sirius would either have gigantic bombs or a massive death laser). If I had to pick only one of those characters, it would be Regulus, due to his status as Bomberman's main N64-era rival character (Max is essentially his replacement).

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Glad to see this thread is still active.

Weird thought, but I would really love to see Bomberman as a guest character in Mario Kart. That would fit him so well.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Glad to see this thread is still active.

Weird thought, but I would really love to see Bomberman as a guest character in Mario Kart. That would fit him so well.
Bomberman in Mario Kart would actually be pretty cool. He would fit in a lot.

I know they aren't actually Nintendo characters, but I would like to see the Masked Trio (and their leader, Altair, and their victim/usurper, Sirius) from Bomberman 64 again... in fact, I even have a good idea of their specials (Artemis would fire missiles that could kill on a direct hit (but would be slow to avoid being overpowered), Orion would have a shield that blocks explosions and stuns players, Regulus would have a dash that could kill if it collided with a player (but stop and freeze Regulus in place to play a punch/stab-combo animation while doing so, ending the dash, as well as being slower than Vic Viper Bomber's "Speed Up" ability, so as to avoid being overpowered compared to Vic Viper's dash), Altair would have either a teleport, a stunning, fast-moving energy shuriken, or would deploy Vega to emit a lethal heat ray, and Sirius would either have gigantic bombs or a massive death laser). If I had to pick only one of those characters, it would be Regulus, due to his status as Bomberman's main N64-era rival character (Max is essentially his replacement).
Yes, I would love a grand return of the Masked Trio easily. Especially Regulus and Sirius.

D

Deleted member

It would be funny if Bomberman (Act Zero) and Bombergirl were added in as playable characters in the game.

Top Bottom