• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Bit Wars: The Solidusspriggan Memorial Tournament (Six States?!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Before I begin, I want to say that on July 3rd, the Oklahoma smash community lost one of its members--SolidusPriggan or Forest Sharp as we knew him--in a tragic car accident that killed both him and his girlfriend Ashlie Johnson.

They were both young, in school and in the prime of their life. Their loss came at a shock to us especially because those two seemed to run on an endless supply of energy; and it was from that energy that Forest initially wanted to throw a huge tournament in Oklahoma for fighting game fans.

Forest's intention was to host the tourney in conjunction with HxC Lan Center and OKgamers.com. With their help, he was confident that he could throw a successful tournament to draw in people from different crowds for the purpose of having fun together. It is in that tradition that we of the Oklahoma Smash community wish to fulfill his desire and throw Super Bit Wars.

SUPER

BIT WARS

August 20th, 2011 (Saturday)
Norman, OK
FREE DRINKS!!!
JOIN THE FACEBOOK EVENT

Contact Information:
PM: Sars_Pirate, Type_EX, or Hazygoose
Cellphone: Sars_Pirate (504.231.6099)
Housing available upon request. PM or TXT me.

WE STILL NEED SETUPS. 1 FULL SMASH SETUP WARRANTS 1 VENUE FEE WAIVER!
Do not bring laggy monitors or TV's below 12 inches, we will not use them and you're fee won't be waived.

Scholar's Room in the Oklahoma Memorial Student Union at the University of Oklahoma (3rd floor, location across hall from OH SNAP 6)
900 Asp Ave # 428
Norman, OK 73069-4849

The parking meters & garage are usually free on Saturday.
There are many parking lots nearby one block away on street Jenkins and on Trout street.

[collapse=Expand for map of building interior]
PLACEHOLDER
[/collapse]Time
Smash Registration Opens at NOON!

OTHER REGISTRATION TIMES ARE TENTATIVE, KEEP AN EYE ON THESE AS WE PROCURE SETUPS AND GAUGE INTEREST, WE WANT AIR-DASHERS TO BE DONE RIGHT!
Setup/Friendlies 11:30 PM

Round 1 (Melee, Brawl) Marvel vs Capcom 3, Blazblue CS2) Regsitration Opens 12:00 PM
Round 1 Registration Closes 1:30 PM
Round 1 Tournaments Begin 2:00 PM

Round 2 (Mortal Kombat, Arcana Heart 3, Melta Blood AA) opens at 2:30PM
Round 2 Registration closes at 3:30 PM
Round 2 Tournaments Begin 4:00PM/As setups become available.

Fees
$10 Venue Fee (Waived if you bring a full Smash or Airdasher setup with TV (larger than 12inches, lagfree)
$10 Smash Singles
$20 Smash Teams (per team, $10 per player)
$10 Marvel vs Capcom 3
$10 Mortal Kombat 9
$10 BlazBlue Continuum Shift II
$5 Melty Blood
$5 for Arcana Heart 3
(any tournament under 8 entrants will be round robin.)

Payout for all Tournaments
<16 entrants = 70/30
>16 <48 = 60/30/10
>48 = 55/25/10/5

Melee (Singles and Teams)
These rules will be subject to change on a monthly basis for the purpose of preparation for tournaments Oklahoma plans to host or attend.
[collapse=Melee Rules]
Stage List

Singles

Starter Stage List:
  • Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
  • Past Stages: Dream Land
  • Special Stages: Final Destination
  • Special Stages: Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
  • Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
  • Planet Zebes: Brinstar
  • Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
  • Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:
  • Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
  • Past Stages: Dream Land
  • Special Stages: Final Destination
  • Special Stages: Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
  • Planet Zebes: Brinstar
  • Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
  • Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

General Rules

• Items are set to off.
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
  • Regular sets are best of 3 matches until Loser's/Winner's/Grand Finals which is 3/5 games.
  • The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
  • Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
  • Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
  • Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
  • Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.

Additional Rules for Teams Play
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • Set team attack to ON

Counter Pick System

1. Blind Picks character selection.
  2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
  3. The first match is played.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
  5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
  7. The losing player picks character.
  8. The next match is played.
  9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
[/collapse]

Brawl (Singles and Teams)
[Collapse=Brawl Rules]

Starter Stage List:

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Castle Siege
  • Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter Stage List:

• Battleship Halberd
  • Brinstar
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Pokémon Stadium 2
  • Rainbow Cruise

General Rules
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to "Off" and "None"
All infinites are legal.
Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.

Additional Rules for Teams Play
Team Attack set to "On"
Life stealing is allowed.
In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.[/Collapse]

Other games:
Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360) (srk)
Mortal Kombat 9 (360) (srk)
BlazBlue CS2 (PS3) (dustloop)
Arcana Heart 3 (PS3 - 4:3 ratio) (dustloop)(homingcancel)
Melty Blood Actress Again (PS2) (dustloop)(homingcancel)
Late Night Ironman (???)[/QUOTE]

Additional Information:
There will be an additional pot funded by OU's Japanese and Manga Society as well as from a bonus pot that Forest had collected. The winner of this bonus pot will be granted to the best fighting game player at the tournament (meaning the most versatile player who places highest across the most amount of games)

Also, there will be housing given to OoS players, just allows us some time to figure out housing arrangements.

Finally, all other fighters will follow their own standard rule set so the Capcom fighters, MK9, and BB:CS2 will follow EVO rules. AH3 or Meltyblood will follow tourney standards from Homingcancel and such.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Just an update on Marvel, we do have 8 EVO monitors for lagless HD play, and on top of that, the guys at HxC has told me that about 32+ people wanna show up for just Marvel.

As for other games, around the same amount apparently for MK9, and some interest in the Dallas area for BB:CS2.

As Arcana Hearts or Melty Blood, Chris's got kids who're interested in coming solely for those games.

Now I just need smashers to step up.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
in for marvel and brawl, maybe melee, and perhaps arcana if ic an learn it in time.

Depster

Smash Champion
Wow and I just posted a visitor message to him a couple days ago... I'd really like to go depending on when Brawl singles ACTUALLY start.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I heard about this tragic accident from the Arkansas thread. Such terrible news =/ All I can say to Forest if you're out there is have fun smashing in the afterlife with NesNoob, Undisput3d, Marky Mark, KishCubed, and any other deceased smash player I am not aware of.

As far as this tournament goes...I would absolutely love to go. I'm going to talk to the crew about it and we'll do everything we can to get there. It's not that far and it looks pretty good, plus we'd like to support Forests memory. August is an insanely busy month for me with my birthday, MIST, Pathways, and a schedule change at work all taking place. But like I said, we'll do what we can to get there.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Gravity suggested that we house people and I am totally okay with that idea. :o I don't know what our living arrangements will be like but we could probably handle a carload.

I heard about this tragic accident from the Arkansas thread. Such terrible news =/ All I can say to Forest if you're out there is have fun smashing in the afterlife with NesNoob, Undisput3d, Marky Mark, KishCubed, and any other deceased smash player I am not aware of.

As far as this tournament goes...I would absolutely love to go. I'm going to talk to the crew about it and we'll do everything we can to get there. It's not that far and it looks pretty good, plus we'd like to support Forests memory. August is an insanely busy month for me with my birthday, MIST, Pathways, and a schedule change at work all taking place. But like I said, we'll do what we can to get there.
If you could make it out here, sir, that would be superchill.

Denti

Smash Master
I should make this with a full carpool. It just depends on when the San Antonio circuit tournamet is. They say August but no date yet. If it's not on this date, I'll attend, no hesitation :)

:phone:

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Is Dojo going to come to the Norman tourney? I know Hanson wants to meet up with you.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
alright i can house about 5 people. preferably melee but brawl has never been a bad crew either lol. PM me if u are interested. also SARS u can put my name on the main post for housing.
also, do we want to try and get any sponsors? i dont know if u have access to anything but if we wanna try i can look into it. who can make fliers as well?

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I should make this with a full carpool. It just depends on when the San Antonio circuit tournamet is. They say August but no date yet. If it's not on this date, I'll attend, no hesitation :)

:phone:
Now's my chance to play you again TypeEX...this time things will be different. Put me in your carpool Denti.....

Prob gonna make this
It would be great to hang with you again, play some MVC3. I"m gonna see if Eddy Lopez wants to go too...he's gotten pretty damn good at MVC3 we've been practicing at his place off and on for the past couple of weeks.

Yo sars on the mvc3 tourney do they have a 360 to ps3 converter for my dpad? If so my chance of attending is going to be alot higher.
You should show up bro. It'll be fun.

Also I'm gonna go and bring some stuff of my own....any one up for Third Strike or Capcom vs SNK 2?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Go ahead and feel free to bring any games you want, a lot of our guys play too many so it'll be fun to see what goes down ;)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Right now, we're trying to secure sponsorship for free food and drinks in the venue to cut cue up time. I got the drinks down, now I just wanna get everyone some pizza.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i just sent a request to twitter to take over the @SuperBitWars twitter feed. i feel that will help with the advertising

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Probably nearly everybody lol

I'll get housing situations finished up once I get back to Louisiana with a full list of who can house + how many they're willing to.

Also awesome @ Rubyiris wanting to come to this tourney.

BPx

Smash Lord
Southwest Melee/Brawl/MvC/AH/BB/MK9: Super Bit Wars: The Solidusspriggan Memorial Tournament (AK, TX, KS, MO?, AZ?, IA?) - August 20th, 2011 - Norman, Oklahoma

fixed.

trying to get thurr

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
^ that i like. everyone that has a facebook checkout the event on there as well Super Bit Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom