• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Awesome Wario Advanced Technique and Combo Thread! Defensive Tire Play!!!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yes but the thing is though, it's hard to just land a shorthop tire dthrow on a smart opponent. Once we find a guaranteed setup into THAT, then we'll be in business!

| Big D |

Smash Master
Hitting someone with a tire can set up a guaranteed footstool in the air. A fastfall nair keeps them in that animation. Still trying to find setups.

Bite > RAR dthrow tire could be on setup like on Falco.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Another 50 ft bike toss (with bouncing!)

So I just found out that on the left side of Halberd's ship, when you're in between the boarder (of the edge) and the main stage where you're barely touching the boarder, and you throw the bike upwards that the bike will bounce to the middle of the stage (and not land on the platform, either.) I couldn't get it to work on the right side.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
No, I can't. I'll admit I didn't try dthrow at first, because uthrow's so much more fun to me. xD

It's surprising how many amazing bike tosses we can make in this game.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Is the effect still there regardless of whether you do a "hard" or "soft" throw?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Actually, there is a difference.

A hard throw will have it only bounce once and not as far, while a soft throw will have it bounce twice and go further. The hard throw doesn't quite get to the distance of the platform while the soft throw makes it under the platform.

Geerz

Smash Cadet
I have an idea for a section, possibly tires in doubles? I'll look into how effective they are.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
hey guys are there any good guides/tips/videos to doing warios dthrow cg?

:phone:
I'm not sure if there's any guides but it's pretty easy to do.

Do a down throw then hold back on the control stick and as soon as you see him start to stand up after he sits on them tap grab and quickly let both buttons return to neutral. This will buffer a turn around grab.

If you do nothing you were too early. If you shield you held grab too long. If you walk you held the control stick too long.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
hey guys are there any good guides/tips/videos to doing warios dthrow cg?

:phone:
Yeah in the Wario AT Thread (this one actually!), there is a detailed guide by Fiction on how to do the Wario buffered dthrow chaingrab. It's in the OP!

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
alright cool. im able to do it against wolf/dk, but i cant do it against falco at all. is there something different about his?

edit: i've been using wario for about 2 weeks now and he's been doing either the same or better as my sheik/mk so i'll probably be legitamately picking him up :)

+1 wario main

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
alright cool. im able to do it against wolf/dk, but i cant do it against falco at all. is there something different about his?

edit: i've been using wario for about 2 weeks now and he's been doing either the same or better as my sheik/mk so i'll probably be legitamately picking him up :)

+1 wario main
hmm if you say you can handle it against wolf, then you should also master it against falco. maybe the wolfmain is just stupid and doesnt shine out of it.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Copied from my post in Krystedez's bike thread.

Info on the Chopper Split:

The Banana usually disappears after 1 bike ride off of the stage, so if missed, it's unlikely that you'll be able to do it again with the same banana. Unless, the Diddy has just pulled out the banana. It can be attempted twice max for one banana.

You can control the direction the banana goes in. Let's say that Wario is biking from left to right. In this case, if you hit it on the left side, the banana will fly towards the right side and upwards. If on the right side, the banana will fly backwards and to the left, upwards. This can mean that you can have a banana fly offstage, or onto a platform. Timing is tricky, however.

The banana is still in Diddy's control after the Chopper Split is activated.

Wario is stunned after this! He can't use an attack, special, item toss, or airdodge until he hits the ground! He gets knocked in the same direction he hit the banana. If he hits on the left side, he goes left. If he hits on the right (and he's moving left) then he'll go right and turn around.

Does not work if he's biking in the air. (We can't get gimped from this!)

Does not work if the platform is too high (BF or Brinstar's top platform.)

Does work if you bike from another platform.

Does work if it's on a tilting or moving platform.

xzx

Smash Lord
So... any new Ats yet? =) The bike and tires are Wario's future Meta-Game!

TheRealBobMan

Smash Rookie
Did anybody bother to test the tire lock I mentioned probably over a year ago? Just like a sourspot Fair, you can "nudge" someone that misses a tech with a tire, and if you use some of the techniques mentioned here to reduce the amount of time it takes to reset tire hitboxes (like grabbing them with no lag and then canceling that into a throw when you're airborne), it should be possible to tire lock the same way Falco can laser lock.

And then you can work on setting up missed techs with footstools. You can footstool out of Dair at some percentages, or tire throw > footstool, so.... get to work?

Also, I'm pretty sure it should be possible to set up some mean gimps on some characters with it.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Wario's Tire Lock

Frame / Input

00 : 00 input jump
07 : 07 First time you can dthrow the tire
15 : 15 Tire hits (assuming frame 7 input)
16 : 27 airborn
28 : 36 input Up air
44 : 44 Upair connects (assuming input of frame 36)
45 : 53 Hitlag
54 : 57 hitstun/lag
58 : 68 Buffer Jump/hitsun/lag
69 : 79 airborn
80 : 80 footstool
109 : 109 Hits floor
110 : 138 This is your window to hit them with the tire or else they will get up
139 : 176 Your window to hit them again to continue the lock

This is an ideal tire lock

A couple of things that should be noted

Tires have a combined 26 frames of hitstun, their shield comes up at 27 frames
If downthrown right next to the opponent, Wario has a 12 frame advantage
Upair has 44 frames of hitstun and hitlag
You have 19 Frames
you have an 8 frame window to input Up air for a true combo
Glide tossing with Wario requires 1 frame for shield, 1 frame for roll, and the next frame for the throw, making it a 1-2 frame window

This is humanly possible, I have done it to PR'd People, they say that they don't know how it happens, too late to react.

Even if your off by a few frames, if the other person doesn't see it coming, I doubt they'll buffer an airdodge.

I have tested this many times with humans to figure out if this was a true combo set up, and it is.

Labernash

Smash Lord
So many inputs, so little time!! This is hard! Is it possible to do this when both IC's are alive? I bet Nana'd take care of the tire. But that's probobly the only flaw, haha!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
No name for this yet but, tentative:

1000mg of Vitamin C(hopper)

1. Send opponent off stage at an awkward downward angle.
2. Pick up bike at ledge
3. Throw bike in an arc (light toss, press A) or straight forward (C-stick forward) at opponent
4. If bike connects, jump over immediately to your opponent
5. Tap jump button like crazy, to footstool their face while they're being hit by the bike, adding more hits then usual, and disallowing them to DI as effectively out of it
6. ???
7. FART/LAUGH

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I could totally see you going to do that, only it's a Marth, and when you get to step 5, they upB and you get stagespiked. :troll:

Sup guys.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Mmm. I guess if I was really low and DI'd it wrong. Thanks for the tidbit, I'll keep that in mind next time I face a marth and do it.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
Wario's Tire Lock

Frame / Input

00 : 00 input jump
07 : 07 First time you can dthrow the tire
15 : 15 Tire hits (assuming frame 7 input)
16 : 27 airborn
28 : 36 input Up air
44 : 44 Upair connects (assuming input of frame 36)
45 : 53 Hitlag
54 : 57 hitstun/lag
58 : 68 Buffer Jump/hitsun/lag
69 : 79 airborn
80 : 80 footstool
109 : 109 Hits floor
110 : 138 This is your window to hit them with the tire or else they will get up
139 : 176 Your window to hit them again to continue the lock

This is an ideal tire lock

A couple of things that should be noted

Tires have a combined 26 frames of hitstun, their shield comes up at 27 frames
If downthrown right next to the opponent, Wario has a 12 frame advantage
Upair has 44 frames of hitstun and hitlag
You have 19 Frames
you have an 8 frame window to input Up air for a true combo
Glide tossing with Wario requires 1 frame for shield, 1 frame for roll, and the next frame for the throw, making it a 1-2 frame window

This is humanly possible, I have done it to PR'd People, they say that they don't know how it happens, too late to react.

Even if your off by a few frames, if the other person doesn't see it coming, I doubt they'll buffer an airdodge.

I have tested this many times with humans to figure out if this was a true combo set up, and it is.
could you please make a video of that description? i cant imagine how that should be look like

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I have hit it against Snake at around 100%, followed up nicely with an Uair for the kill. Gotta practice that more, is it really guaranteed on D3? That would be awesome, just don't mess it up xD

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It's definitely guaranteed on Dedede. DMG used to remind everyone of that all the time. :p

xzx

Smash Lord
Can you please make a list of that? n_n Or is it too much to handle?

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
Aight here we goo

Dthrow to buffered dtilt works until certain % on these characters

:pikachu2: 75%
:dedede: 67%
:fox: 115%
:falco: 70%
:snake: 120%

Ill update soon with more characters :)

xzx

Smash Lord
Oh, nice!! But I think that ROB can escape Wario's dthrow with jump + dair.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Sweet! Definitely gotta practice that, it can really give you a positional advantage. I think it would especially be beneficial against :snake: and :dedede: because they are slower in the air. The risk would be of course messing up and missing your dtilt. Wario's Dtilt does however clash with Snake's Ftilt, maybe even his Utilt. Against D3's grab you are hosed.

Top Bottom