• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Awesome Happy Fun Time Tournament - Need set-ups! - May 5th, 2013 - Chatsworth, CA

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
So I have some bad news. The store contacted me and said they can't accomodate us on the 4th. They have a prior engagement that takes priority that particular sunday.

Any other sunday (the 11th, 18th, or 25th) is fine. I put us down tentatively for the 11th just so we have a date.

Also as Crimson pointed out if the 11th doesn't work then someone else will have to host it since I probably will be to busy with fall semester starting. It is very unlikely I'll be able to get the free time.

(btw crimson, who won crews?)

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
So I have some bad news. The store contacted me and said they can't accomodate us on the 4th. They have a prior engagement that takes priority that particular sunday.

Any other sunday (the 11th, 18th, or 25th) is fine. I put us down tentatively for the 11th just so we have a date.

Also as Crimson pointed out if the 11th doesn't work then someone else will have to host it since I probably will be to busy with fall semester starting. It is very unlikely I'll be able to get the free time.
Can they just do the 3rd (the Saturday)? I know originally it was always Sundays but maybe the new people wouldn't mind.

People will be in Norcal the weekend of the 18th (for LANHAMMER) and we're hoping to have another Super Arcade tournament on the 25th if the first one goes well.

I can TO if you can't make it. Its not really an issue. And if not me, then Rob (Okami), Daniel (Tafokints), Matt (Stab), or Sung can do it.

(btw crimson, who won crews?)
We don't talk about crews.

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
Can they just do the 3rd (the Saturday)? I know originally it was always Sundays but maybe the new people wouldn't mind.

People will be in Norcal the weekend of the 18th (for LANHAMMER) and we're hoping to have another Super Arcade tournament on the 25th if the first one goes well.

I can TO if you can't make it. Its not really an issue. And if not me, then Rob (Okami), Daniel (Tafokints), Matt (Stab), or Sung can do it.

The reason historically is they have other tournaments on saturdays, They wouldn't have the space for everybody. I'll ask though.

And thanks, Hopefully I'll have the free time.

We don't talk about crews.
That makes me sad inside. T_T

MacD

Banned via Administration
how about we just don't have one so we don't have tourney overload???

that is what happened to so cal in the past and made things crap. it's not like we have to host every tourney ever.

like if we can start having legit biweekies (or however they do it) at the super arcade, that'd be a great amount of tournies to keep people happy

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
i know my opinion isnt rlly that pertinent here lol but i would prefer that u just have the tourny on the 11th. i understand crimson's is on that date as well but thr are ppl like me who cant make it that far (or maybe not im just guessing) if there are ppl who cant make it to crimsons and can make it to this post here so Gosu knows bc i think the store generally wants a 15 minimum entry to do a tournament otherwise ignore this

MacD's point is true too so only post here if u know u cant make it to crimsons and would want this on the 11th, dont decide anything just bc its convenient for me lol

MacD

Banned via Administration
do not double up on tourney's ever ever ever

especially when there is one where turnout is super important

stay home and support the stream or something.

mattergamer47

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0173-1300-9761
Found this while searching for local tournaments, is this tournament still being help monthly? (I read a post with a link to this page saying usually monthly) any feedback is appreciated

mattergamer47

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0173-1300-9761
Whenever I pass by All Ways Gaming, I always thaught "There should be smash tournaments in there it's a perfect venue... turns out there is."

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
We haven't kept these up. Mostly SSS has replaced them for sunday melee. In you're in the west 818 area, sorry to say there aren't any regular tournaments.

If you're looking for melee hit me up some time in the next three weeks. (Before the school year starts)

mattergamer47

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0173-1300-9761
We haven't kept these up. Mostly SSS has replaced them for sunday melee. In you're in the west 818 area, sorry to say there aren't any regular tournaments.

If you're looking for melee hit me up some time in the next three weeks. (Before the school year starts)
Okay, Thanks for replying I am in the area and I'll be sure to let you know.

D

Deleted member

There are melee biweeklies at Ultimate Gaming Center, don't mean to be going off topic with the thread tho...

Top Bottom