• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Awesome Happy Fun Time Tournament - Need set-ups! - May 5th, 2013 - Chatsworth, CA

WHA?

Smash Ace
Oooo what's the beef? Better be money matching beef

I'm selling 3 controllers,
- 2 with grip on control stick
- 1 with no grip on control stick

Dammit shadrach, wanted to MM, u fool

WHA?

Smash Ace
Yea happening, its just that festizzio cant/wont update the first page

WHA?

Smash Ace
come and find out atlus!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL TALK

Tapez has taken up the role as host, feel free to **** on him whenever an opportunity arises

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
can we change the rules for this? japes and kongo jungle 64? it's not 2009.

dude this **** is way too far, i'm not driving an hour for a tournament

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
fiction lost to okami in WF 3-2 (going marth 3rd game like an overconfident donkey) and lost to hyprid ???

i lost to fiction and hyprid

johns incoming but i was minorly disappointed that the L button stopped working on my controller in the middle of my match v wha. could wd every now and then but wavelands were all but impossible. and that's all i do, ledge dash from the edge and wavelanding off platforms for openings =/.

had to play like a grounded donkey v dante and had no chance v hyprid =/

fiction and i won teams v atlus/j666, hyprid/tapez, dante/some luigi, okami/pikazoo.

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
fiction lost to okami in WF 3-2 (going marth 3rd game like an overconfident donkey) and lost to hyprid ???

i lost to fiction and hyprid

johns incoming but i was minorly disappointed that the L button stopped working on my controller in the middle of my match v wha. could wd every now and then but wavelands were all but impossible. and that's all i do, ledge dash from the edge and wavelanding off platforms for openings =/.

had to play like a grounded donkey v dante and had no chance v hyprid =/

fiction and i won teams v atlus/j666, hyprid/tapez, dante/some luigi, okami/pikazoo.
What he said. Also I took over TOing from Tapez. Don't ask for a bracket because I had to do it by hand.

1. Okami
2. Hyprid
3. Fiction
4. J666
5. Atlus
5. Vys0wnz (Adam)
7. DanteFox
7. Rickety

Doubles Pools

1. POW Right in the Kisser (Adam + Fiction)
2. F*** Fiction!! (J666 + Atlus)
3. EastBallz and NeighborhoodQQ (OkamiBW + Pikazoo)
4. Irvine's Finest (Hyprid + Tapez)
5. JoeJoe is garbage (DanteFox + Nicko)

And I don't know what happened in crews. I had to leave before they finished. It was team captains Crimson Blur and DanteFox

Shoutouts

Festizzo: thanks for not being there
DanteFox: always cool seeing you again. sorry about crews. Crimson made a good suggestion of putting me first so I could go. Next time
Hyprid: Love the marth. Thanks for the friendlies
Okami: Always chill. good friendlies. Also I don't mind peach. It's just fun to rip on the character
Fiction: thanks for coming out
Rickety: First time meeting you and you're really chill too. You should have done teams though. Thanks for the friendlies
Adam: Unwaveringly cool guy. Thanks for coming. I know it's a long drive and it means a lot.
Bosco: Thanks for coming. Glad you had a good time. I would have liked to have gotten in some singles friendlies. next time
J666: oh you. Thanks for coming.
Atlus: Nice seeing you again.
Wha?: Always coming through with the setups. Bummer we didn't get any friendlies in. Thanks for coming.
Pikazoo: Cool friendlies. Double Ganon FTW
CrimsonBlur: You better have won crews with all the smack talk you were doing. <3

Everyone else who's names escape me at the moment: Thanks for coming and letting me run the tournament. I hope you enjoyed it.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, huge thanks for running the tourny! That hand-made bracket was awesome and accurately seeded.

Glad Shep got what he deserved (love him, but jeez is he a mental ****** or what?). Kevin Bandel your Marth is awesome and I love how you have remained true to your style, refining it in ways of the gay. Fun friendlies and I wish we played more. Fun MMs with everyone!

Also: It's Vyse0wnz.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
well getting 3rd place kind of speaks for itself

you can play it off however you like but when you're obviously the most talented player at the tournament, and go marth v a sheik in the middle of a tied set in winners finals and you end up losing the set, you're gonna get heat one way or another. well-deserved heat.

toss in the fact of how try hard you always have been, LOL @ expecting us to believe that, in the span of a week or two, you've suddenly learned to play for fun and just to improve, willing to experiment in tournament. i can also toss subjective evidence such as when i commented on that set, saying "you better not lose shephard" and you responded to me in the middle of the set. that screams lack of respect for your opponent bruh. if you were properly focused you would be shutting everything out and doing everything you can to maximize your efficacy.

i'd also make an argument that, due to cognitive biases + your own lack of awareness, other people such as myself are much more objective in their evaluations of your psyche than you would be.

anywho, the semantics of your psychology are not particularly relevant. what is is that your history of chokesies made another appearance and even though i'm your biggest fan, i prioritize telling like it is (or, more accurately, how i see it is) over anything else.

Hotrootsoup

Smash Rookie
Total newbie, but I'm interested in going to the next one, whenever that happens to be.

I could bring a system + game.

I don't have a chance at winning, but I'd be interested in finding someone there who lives close enough to be a practice partner.

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
Total newbie, but I'm interested in going to the next one, whenever that happens to be.

I could bring a system + game.

I don't have a chance at winning, but I'd be interested in finding someone there who lives close enough to be a practice partner.
That's a good question. What date would be convenient? Also I'm not sure I can TO the next one. Fall semester starts in August and who knows if I'll have the free time.

And where do you live Hotrootsoup?

Hotrootsoup

Smash Rookie
That's a good question. What date would be convenient? Also I'm not sure I can TO the next one. Fall semester starts in August and who knows if I'll have the free time.

And where do you live Hotrootsoup?

I'm in SFV. Everything in Tujunga, Sunland, and LaCrescenta is ~10 min or less from here. Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena is generally 20-30.

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
That's actually a bit further than I thought. These tourneys are on the other side of the SFV in Chatsworth. Hope the commute isn't too bad.

Hopefully we can get the next one in before the semester starts. One last tourney before school starts. I'm thinking the 4th of August. Is that good for everybody?

The Phenom

Smash Lord
quote="Hotrootsoup, post: 15680033, member: 221787"]I'm in SFV. Everything in Tujunga, Sunland, and LaCrescenta is ~10 min or less from here. Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena is generally 20-30.[/quote]

I stay in Sunland-Tujunga, and so do a couple others. La Canada also has several smashers as well.

(818) 422-5388 Moises/Phenom call or text I don't mind.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Just moved to CA recently-ish and looking to get into the tournament scene over here.

Is this a Melee only tournament or is there a chance PM will be there as well?

Top Bottom