• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sup guys

TeeVee

Smash Lord
i havn't really been here in a while due to me dropping rob for the past like 3/4 months. yesterday, i placed 5th/98 at poly using multiple characters but i felt EXTREME comfort in rob again.

heres my vid vs shadow (deff top 3 mks in the country at this point)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg_SuM6aNZM

im going to main rob again, and i was just wondering is there anything big that was discovered while i was gone that can help my game out?

critiques and suggestions would be appreciated, thanks guys

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
very great match, and i loved the commentary (not because of all the chibo mentions lol, but cause of just quality analysis)

you should def main rob again. we both had fairly similar styles and levels of success vs shadow.

great job

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
just watched ur match vs zucco... wooow
thats was a lot better to watch, helped me out in the luc matchup. but ur DI failed u and made u lose lol

Trillest

Smash Ace
Wow really well played, You where doin things differently to most of us but it was working i think the best part of your rob was your ability to mix it up using the basics just a couple of glidetosses, no boosted up b, no wavebouncing and platform cancels really in that match you just out played shadow. Work some of that **** in and you'll help us all make rob the robot he should be ^^

Rofl at the love/hate for chibo

Tin Man

Smash Hero
we need more contributions from various mains like teevee and ninjalink. I'm just curious to know why someone would use rob vs mk over like almost any other (viable) character.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
many people asked me why i didn't use my other characters (diddy, zss, mk), here's the reasoning:

diddy: shadow is the best mk in the country vs diddy, right after he beat me in winners semis, he 3-0d adhd...yes that's right, 3-0'd adhd...mk vs diddy

zss: shadow is the best mk in the country vs zss as well considering his brother was arguably the best zss in the country, snakeee.

mk: my mk is good vs alot of characters but i am nowhere good enough at the ditto to compete with shadow.

my rob had sucess in a money match like 7 months ago vs shadow (took him to game 3) before i even got good, so i just gave it a shot.

another thing to note on these tourny matches: this is the first tournament that i pulled out rob in singles in a WHILE...my rob is rusty and i still need to re-learn matchups like wario and lucario. but i feel like i can make a great contribution to the rob boards and im deff gonna start using rob more.

Zucco

Smash Master
rob is weird to fight lol.

all I do is namesearch son!

Teh Future

Smash Master
ya good stuff teevee I watched those matches and were very impressed, which doesn't happen very often when I watch cats play ROB. Keep it up.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
theres never a reason to do the 2nd jab ive learned lately...jab to dtilt until like 120 or 130 then start jab grabbing or jab fsmash...

Sudai

Stuff here
Second jab is good for when you don't feel like thinking about what to do after a jab. At least, that's when I normally do it. lol Aka second jab = bad.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Nice game, you played very well if you look at the MU... and see? BF is a great stage for R.O.B.!

Top Bottom