• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunset Shore Silhouettes (Check out my deviantart page for more characters!)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
This is something I originally started doing for the Stage Creation Contest thread back in June.

I had wanted to make a stage based on the gloriously-stylized Sunset Shore stage from Donkey Kong Country Returns, utilizing each and every fighter in the unique silhouette style. This is what I had originally come up with:

Since then I've expanded it and made them using much higher quality.

Feel free to use them in signatures or whatever! Just please link to this thread.

The Imgur Album I'll be uploading these to.

Check out the Deviantart page, I've got loads more than Smash characters now!

Click here for the Redbubble store, you can buy shirts now!

I will update further with DLC characters too, I will add Mewtwo when there is an official render released!

[collapse=Mario]

[/collapse]

[collapse=Luigi]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Peach]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Rosalina & Luma]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Bowser]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Bowser Jr & The Koopalings]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Dr. Mario]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Yoshi - WARNING: Terrifying.]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Wario]

[/collapse]

[collapse= MegaMan]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Marth]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Ike]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Robin]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Lucina]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Mii Fighters]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Kirby]

[/collapse]

[collapse= King Dedede]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Meta Knight]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Link]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Zelda]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Ganondorf]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Shiek]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Toon Link]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Ness]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Samus]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Zero Suit Samus]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Pikachu]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Charizard]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Jigglypuff]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Lucario]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Greninja]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Fox]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Falco]

[/collapse]

[collapse= DK]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Diddy Kong]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Shulk]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Wii Fit Trainer]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Pit]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Palutena]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Dark Pit]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Mr. Game & Watch]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Villager]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Sonic]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Duck Hunt]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Pacman]

[/collapse]

[collapse= ROB]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Little Mac]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Olimar & Alph]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Captain Falcon]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Cut from Brawl]

[/collapse]

[collapse= Cut from Smash 4]

[/collapse]

Last edited:

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Very cool stuff here
How did you make the color look more flat?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Very cool stuff here
How did you make the color look more flat?
My process pretty much is me making the colored pieces in Illustrator vector style. Then I bring them over to photoshop where I've already darkened the original render. It sounds simple but actually takes a lot more time than you'd think!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
A quick double-post (Please yell at me if this is wrong, it's kind of both announcement and bump simultaneously)-
I've already posted 31 characters out of 49. I've still got several on deck, though I'll likely post them a bit slower moving forward, giving me time to work on the remaining ones I don't quite have done yet. Specifically I currently have 42 total complete, so I've still got 7 to go.

Note that I am not at this time doing Mewtwo, I will wait until we have his official render reveal, and at that time will make a silhouette for him / any future DLC characters.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Those secret levels with this style in Trop Freeze had me in awe. Loved that look, excellent idea to feature that in Smash, I think it would have made for a beautiful and fun stage... Even if it transitioned from light to darkness in an interesting way, and the stage wasn't in this style 100% of the time. Would have easily been one of my favorites.

I think some of your fighters could use some different priorities as far as what's being popped out in color, but in general I think you've done a great job. Your sig brought me here.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
These are sexy
You do good work for these boards Kevandre

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Is there any way you could redo the Robin silhouettes to also highlight the tome and Levin Sword? Since they actually are important to the gameplay, it would be crazy if Robin's books and sword weren't readily visible.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Is there any way you could redo the Robin silhouettes to also highlight the tome and Levin Sword? Since they actually are important to the gameplay, it would be crazy if Robin's books and sword weren't readily visible.
I may do that. Even though I know I only have Olimar and Wireframe mac to go, I may end up changing a few characters still after having finished them.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
lovin the lemmy
Thanks!

An update- I'm sorry I've been so slow with Olimar/Alph and Wiremac. I've barely been home this last week and haven't had much chance, been mainly Smashboarding on my phone. But after work & homework tomorrow I should have some time to at least finish Wiremac. I hope to get everything done this weekend!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Update: WE ARE COMPLETE!

At least for the current Smash 4 roster. I will add Mewtwo after we get an official render and any future DLC characters likewise.

I am going to, like I said a few posts back, be updating a few of them because some feel very bare or some a bit incomplete, but I have no timeframe for that at this time.

Enjoy!

Edit: I can't believe I neglected to upload the good Captain here... Thought I had but when I counted only 48 after Olimar/Alph it clicked. Cap's up too now! I guess.. the Captains Olimar and Falcon were the end-caps for the main project! :D

Last edited:

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
These are really cool man, i really love the bowser jr + koopalings and wario silhouettes !

Also, dude, that Dalmatian Dunk Hunt silhouette is so beautiful lmao. Good stuff.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Thanks man!

Edit:

I've now not only updated my Sunset Shore stage mockup with the higher-res silhouettes:

But now I've also made a new stage based on the gimmick, this time based on Tropical Freeze's beautiful..

Amiss Abyss

Man. I really wish Sakurai would see this stuff because I think these stages would be great additions to Smash 4. Maybe I should work for Nintendo someday not that that's my dream or anything

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Thanks man!

Edit:

I've now not only updated my Sunset Shore stage mockup with the higher-res silhouettes:

But now I've also made a new stage based on the gimmick, this time based on Tropical Freeze's beautiful..

Amiss Abyss

Man. I really wish Sakurai would see this stuff because I think these stages would be great additions to Smash 4. Maybe I should work for Nintendo someday not that that's my dream or anything
This is ****ING GLORIOUS, man, I wish Sakurai had made something along these lines for a DKC stage rather than giving us YET ANOTHER GENERIC JUNGLE. It wouldn't have been that hard, especially since you only need to tweak the textures of the characters to give them this look, and since all the textures would be basically flat colors, it'd take very little space and development time.

Vinzan

Smash Cadet
Barranquilla, Colombia (Now living in Bucaramanga)
NNID
Reztrepo

I`m not sure man, but I think it`s something about his eyebrows. What do you think on removing them and then putting the angry eyes on the Koopa Clown Jr.? Or the dot-like eyes on Bowser Jr. himself? Or maybe bought? I`m just saying I hope this does not sounds rude or anything like that

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

I`m not sure man, but I think it`s something about his eyebrows. What do you think on removing them and then putting the angry eyes on the Koopa Clown Jr.? Or the dot-like eyes on Bowser Jr. himself? Or maybe bought? I`m just saying I hope this does not sounds rude or anything like that
Yeah maybe a lack of eyebrow would help.

Blitzern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blitzern
There are...EPIC! I plan on making YouTube videos in the future pertaining to Smash. Mind if I use these as thumbnails?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
@Kevandre,I'd like to use the Greninja in my signature,but it's too big.I resized it in Paint,but I can't figure out how to link to the saved image in my sig.
Can you help?

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
@Kevandre,I'd like to use the Greninja in my signature,but it's too big.I resized it in Paint,but I can't figure out how to link to the saved image in my sig.
Can you help?
Upload it to imgur and just use the direct link from the website, use the picture button above the text box.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Hey hi !!! How´s that little Bowser Jr. going may I ask?
I haven't yet started on it. I will get to it at some point though for sure and I'll be sure to tag you in the thread when it is done.

Edit: @ Vinzan Vinzan

It is done.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
And another update because now I'm in the mood to do it... Robin updated because @ TechPowah TechPowah burned me with a cigar for not doing it before! Now with Tomes and Levin Sword being colorful!

The tomes change color, of course!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Love you Bowser Jr. <3 Maybe I´ll stamp it on a T-Shirt or Something cause I already found this cool Metaknight fan-art and I love it too
Dude, that's a hell of an idea. You think I could benefit from putting these on like Redbubble?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I've updated Charizard to be purely vector.

I'll be doing this for most of mine, because about 2/3 the way through the initial process I moved to doing them that way. It looks way better this way. I'll bump the thread whenever these are updated too!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Pikachu also updated- Will probably do at least all Pokemon tonight.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Mario Characters updated!

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Robin had already been updated, but the rest of the Fire Emblem gang is now updated as well!

I really like how Marth turned out. Bacon Ike looks great as usual too. Lucina's good as well. I really like how the FE characters came out.

Top Bottom