• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Just realized that both Isaac and Rex wear mostly blue. Haha.

Not only can Camelot work on Golden Sun but they can get help from Monolith Soft and Grezzo if they need any extra help with world building and programming. Working on the Mario Sports titles has helped Camelot with HD graphics and programming on the Switch.
This is the time for Golden Sun to be revived and nothing else should stand in its way.
This right here! There are many possibilities here that GS is in the works and that Monolith Soft and/or Grezzo or any other company could be helping Camelot make it. I personally believe it’s been in development for several years with Tenis Aces and Super Rush being Camelot’s “experiments” on HD work, Open World, etc. and knowing the Takahashi Bros., they probably want to make this Remake (or GS4?) really good. I seriously cannot wait to see how they’ll tackle it. Will it be traditional or action based or what? Who knows? Still excited though!

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Just realized that both Isaac and Rex wear mostly blue. Haha.

This right here! There are many possibilities here that GS is in the works. I personally believe it’s been in development for several years with Tenis Aces and Super Rush being their experiments on HD work, Open World, etc. and knowing the Takahashi Bros., they probably want to make this Remake (or GS4?) really good. I seriously cannot wait to see how they’ll tackle it. Will it be traditional or action based or what? Who knows? Still excited though!
That Tweet is ironic considering we were just talking about Monolith Soft working on the hypothetical Golden Sun remake.

Also about that, I wonder if having them work on it would help convince non-Golden Sun fans to try it. Monolith Soft HAS been making a name for itself lately in the JRPG scene, and I know for a FACT I would play it if it was made by them...

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
If Nintendo knows what it's doing it will at least try to do something with all of these IPs they sleep on. I mean, I'm sorry but I can only handle so much of the same overdone IPs. No offense to anyone who enjoys them but I want something new now. Or something to return to form and pick up steam again. Either one really works.

Edit: Capital. I'm probably unreasonable though. But I'm kinda tired of Mario and stuff.

Last edited:

DrakeHavok

Smash Cadet
If Nintendo knows what it's doing it will at least try to do something with all of these IPs they sleep on. I mean, I'm sorry but I can only handle so much of the same overdone IPs. No offense to anyone who enjoys them but I want something new now. Or something to return to form and pick up steam again. Either one really works.

Edit: Capital. I'm probably unreasonable though. But I'm kinda tired of Mario and stuff.
No, I have to agree with you. I've nothing against Mario or Zelda or Pokemon or Fire Emblem (actually I have a minor gripe with FE but it's nothing to do with the games themselves and in fact wouldn't be a gripe if applied more evenly across Nintendo's properties), but I really do wish Nintendo would invest more into some of their other IPs from time to time, especially the ones that aren't quite like anything else available. Golden Sun is obvious, but also things like Kid Icarus, Custom Robo, and Chibi Robo (though admittedly I've never played the latter). I'd also love to see series that haven't had games since the NES/SNES era be revived and re-envisioned (like Kid Icarus was). Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt, Murasame Castle, those OLD games that could and arguably should be remade into something radically different and innovative in the modern era of gaming.

Edit: also I just looked at your profile pic and HOLY CRAP that Marth recolor is freaking amazing.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I
No, I have to agree with you. I've nothing against Mario or Zelda or Pokemon or Fire Emblem (actually I have a minor gripe with FE but it's nothing to do with the games themselves and in fact wouldn't be a gripe if applied more evenly across Nintendo's properties), but I really do wish Nintendo would invest more into some of their other IPs from time to time, especially the ones that aren't quite like anything else available.
Isn't that the truth.

Golden Sun is obvious, but also things like Kid Icarus, Custom Robo, and Chibi Robo (though admittedly I've never played the latter). I'd also love to see series that haven't had games since the NES/SNES era be revived and re-envisioned (like Kid Icarus was).
I see Nintendo remaking Kid Icarus Uprising 3ds for the Switch with new controls so that would work very well.

Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt, Murasame Castle, those OLD games that could and arguably should be remade into something radically different and innovative in the modern era of gaming.
The Ice Climber game could be remade with survival gameplay in harsh environments, like how in Zelda BotW Link needs heat and food to survive. Not sure about Duck Hunt, but Murasame Castle could have Takamaru attack and kill enemy ninja like how Ryu does in Ninja Gaiden.

DrakeHavok

Smash Cadet
The Ice Climber game could be remade with survival gameplay in harsh environments, like how in Zelda BotW Link needs heat and food to survive. Not sure about Duck Hunt, but Murasame Castle could have Takamaru attack and kill enemy ninja like how Ryu does in Ninja Gaiden.
Survival gameplay was pretty much my exact thought for how Ice Climbers could come to the modern era. Climb a mountain, find food, water and shelter wherever you can, manage stamina and health, and an optional two-player co-op mode to make the climb easier and more fun. It almost writes itself, really.
Duck Hunt would admittedly probably just become a standard hunting game, but with an ai dog companion that follows basic commands. Murasame Castle on the other hand has tons of potential. It could easily become a Ninja Gaiden-esque action game like you suggest, but I could also see it taking more of a Sekiro approach as well with its difficulty, one-hit kills, and origins in the original Zelda engine (and also because Takamaru's hairstyle is somewhat similar to Wolf's). There's a lot of things that could be done with Murasame Castle if Nintendo would ever bother to try.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Eh, I'm certainly not going to complain about nintendo continuing giving love to their biggest franchises as long as the games we get out of it are good. Hell, Super Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Three Houses are up there as some of my favorite games released in the last 5 years.

But yeah ideally they'd do a better job when it comes to showing the smaller IPs some love too.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
If you guys are familiar with the musician "TandA" he's organising an event for Golden Sun's 20th anniversary that you guys can partake in if you dabble in music. Tweet below shares the details

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
I'm wondering, is the original talent behind the first Golden Sun games even working at Camelot anymore?

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I'm wondering, is the original talent behind the first Golden Sun games even working at Camelot anymore?
Most of the lower-level programmers probably aren't, but the Takahashi Bros. still are. At least the creative forces behind the games are still around.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Takahasi brothers are, as are Yusuke Sugimoto, Ayumu Shindo, Haruki Kodera, Yutaka Yamamoto, and Motoi Sakuraba. I'm basing this off of who's been credited for both the first Golden Sun and Mario Tennis Aces.

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Seeing a new Kid Icarus for Switch (or even just a Switch port of Uprising) would be awesome.

Sadly, I get the feeling Nintendo is not going to care unless Sakurai cares, given he's the only one who's done anything with it during the last decade. Nintendo could very easily give the IP to other developers (and I think some like HAL Laboratory or Next Level Games would be perfect) but their inaction with the IP doesn't give me much hope.

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
It really is unfortunate.
But. All we can do is keep pushing Nintendo to do SOMETHING.
Also they need to lay off from the c&ds. I get it. IP this IP that. But frick man...
Honestly, I wish they'd do what SEGA did, and that was hire actual fans who made Sonic fan games to create Sonic Mania, and it was a big hit.

I understand that Nintendo doesn't like the possibility of fan games cutting into their profits, but there are so many ways they could create positive experiences with their fanbase as opposed to just shutting everything down.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Golden Sun at #14 and The Lost Age at #6! Heck yeah!

20th Anniversary to the GBA! Best Handheld Console ever! Hoping to see the Switch can be on par or surpass it one day. For that to happen, Golden Sun needs to be on the Switch. lol ;)

Last edited:

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
That Tweet is ironic considering we were just talking about Monolith Soft working on the hypothetical Golden Sun remake.

Also about that, I wonder if having them work on it would help convince non-Golden Sun fans to try it. Monolith Soft HAS been making a name for itself lately in the JRPG scene, and I know for a FACT I would play it if it was made by them...
I could see Monolith Soft Kyoto being a support studio for the Golden Sun IP just like they do support work for The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing and Splatoon.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Praise the ‘Golden’ sun, Adepts! PRAISE IT! lol

I could see Monolith Soft Kyoto being a support studio for the Golden Sun IP just like they do support work for The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing and Splatoon.
It’s definitely a high probability that Monolith could be helping Camelot on Golden Sun right now. Heck, even Grezzo is a big possibility too.
I do wish we were in Metroid Fans’ position where we would have official confirmation that GS is in development rather than being in the dark. But that’s just me.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Praise the ‘Golden’ sun, Adepts! PRAISE IT! lol

It’s definitely a high probability that Monolith could be helping Camelot on Golden Sun right now. Heck, even Grezzo is a big possibility too.
I do wish we were in Metroid Fans’ position where we would have official confirmation that GS is in development rather than being in the dark. But that’s just me.
I mean, considering the current state of Prime 4, not having official confirmation might be a blessing in disguise...

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I mean, considering the current state of Prime 4, not having official confirmation might be a blessing in disguise...
Guess it depends on how you look at it. To me, at least with Prime 4, Nintendo at least showed they care and are trying. Having nothing official on GS, you wonder if they even care at all and that is somewhat frightening.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Been wanting this for a long time!

The list is still moving since you can continuously vote and it's automatically updated.

Advance Wars 1 and 2 went up from 19/20 to 16/17.

Golden Sun TLA lost one place.
Oh really?! That’s weird. Hopefully both GS games don’t fall off too much or at least go up more.

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
It's a shame those things are much more expensive to get delivered in europe. Shipping costs is like double the product's price.

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
It really does have to be Camelot's next game.

[tenuous logic]

Golden Sun is the only thing left that they have loved making and are fans themselves of the world they created, so considered they already covered their sport stuff within their comfort area, it's just logical, based on these facts.

These are all facts
ok

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
I think I'm just bitter that Golden Sun still feels unfinished. Dark Dawn ended with a blasted cliffhanger for CRYING OUT LOOOOOOOOUUUUUDDD!!!
dark dawn ends on a profoundly unsatisfying note, but at least the best games in the series tell a complete enough story. As far as I'm concerned they should just retcon dark dawn if they ever picked up the franchise again.

ZelDan

Smash Master
dark dawn ends on a profoundly unsatisfying note, but at least the best games in the series tell a complete enough story. As far as I'm concerned they should just retcon dark dawn if they ever picked up the franchise again.
I don't know if they should necessarily retcon it, but if we do get remakes of the first 2 games and then were to get a remake of Dark Dawn, ideally they would do it differently (while still somewhat following whatever plot ideas Dark Dawn had) and expand upon it to make it much better.

Granted, they'd ideally do the same with remakes of the first 2 games as well and fix/expand upon them too. Do a better job of handling Saturos and Menardi's character and make the whole twist with them less awkward, add some more main plot after Isaac and Felix and co. reuinite, as TLA doesn't have much main story left when both parties join in TLA. Make it so Isaac and Felix aren't silent protagonists and have them both talking at all times.

DrakeHavok

Smash Cadet
I don't know if they should necessarily retcon it, but if we do get remakes of the first 2 games and then were to get a remake of Dark Dawn, ideally they would do it differently (while still somewhat following whatever plot ideas Dark Dawn had) and expand upon it to make it much better.

Granted, they'd ideally do the same with remakes of the first 2 games as well and fix/expand upon them too. Do a better job of handling Saturos and Menardi's character and make the whole twist with them less awkward, add some more main plot after Isaac and Felix and co. reuinite, as TLA doesn't have much main story left when both parties join in TLA. Make it so Isaac and Felix aren't silent protagonists and have them both talking at all times.
In addition to all that, I'd like them to do more for the characterization of the main characters. Ideally this would be in the form of something akin to Tales skits, but even just giving them better dialogue could go a long way.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
The best course of action, imo, would be to add ties in to Dark Dawn in a 1-2 remake.
Dark Dawn would be fine with a more simple remaster, maybe some small updates etc, while GS 4 is in developpment. Maybe some balancing updates, options to explore back the PoNReturn after defeating the final boss, little QoL updates like that.

pofehof

Smash Rookie
ok

(image)
Don't blame you for being skeptical, especially when looking into this topic in the past year, that user kept on saying things like "Mario Golf isn't happening, my NoA source said so", only for all of it to blow up in their face after the February direct. Then there was the fact that a few people kept on referring to NateDrake saying "Mario Golf isn't happening" as a reason to deny Mario Golf when they missed additional context of that statement where another user asked "forever or 2020?", and NateDrake replied "2020".

It's okay to hope to see a new Golden Sun game, but trying to make it seem that you are so sure about it really doesn't help out in the long run imo.

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I would not be surprised if they pull a Bravely Default 2.

For those unfamiliar, the previous game, Bravely Second, had a sequel tease just like Dark Dawn. However, Bravely Default 2 didn't follow after it and instead introduced a new world and cast.

It would not surprise me at all if Camelot just decided to start from scratch with an original scenario rather than digging up the old plotline again.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Honestly, I would not be surprised if they pull a Bravely Default 2.

For those unfamiliar, the previous game, Bravely Second, had a sequel tease just like Dark Dawn. However, Bravely Default 2 didn't follow after it and instead introduced a new world and cast.

It would not surprise me at all if Camelot just decided to start from scratch with an original scenario rather than digging up the old plotline again.
I honestly wouldn't be opposed to that approach, it would make the game feel fresh for everyone involved including old fans and you'd have less baggage of needing to fill storylines right away. Of course older fans still have the desire to see the original canon addressed so I'd still hope we'd get GS4 and remakes/remasters after that

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Whenever a Remake happens, I can see them adding stuff they weren’t able to put in before. Even stuff from Dark Dawn into the original. There’s a lot they could do. The question is, will they?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Whenever a Remake happens, I can see them adding stuff they weren’t able to put in before. Even stuff from Dark Dawn into the original. There’s a lot they could do. The question is, will they?
Depends on if they have plans for a full on revival, I'd say. I remember the Mario & Luigi remakes (or at least, the first one) included more references to the later games as part of their side mode things.

Top Bottom