• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I mean, I get it. Mother 3 still not having an official international release is ridiculous, and I can't blame fans for wanting a new game in a beloved series even if the creators aren't interested. Wanting something doesn't have to be rational: I'd still like to see a new F-Zero, for instance, even though I have no reason to believe a new game would top the stellar GX. Same for Golden Sun, if I'm being honest, given Dark Dawn wasn't as good as the originals. Won't keep me from hoping against hope that they will appear in any given Nintendo Direct.
That's fair. I just feel like Mother is in a more unique situation. Like, we KNOW the series is done, so it shouldn't be THAT surprising we haven't seen anything new from it. But hey, I'm guilty of it too, so I'm probably not one to complain.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Nendoroid is having a poll of what character(s) you want to see get made. I, and many others, already voted for Isaac (or whatever GS character they wanted lol).

Link:

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
Gotta keep faith somehow :p

But I do agree, as nice as it would be for GS to get the FF7 treatment, I'd take any appearance on the Switch. They could bring over the GBA games for $5 and I'd be all over it. The only thing that would sting a bit is being part of GBA NSO, since then the games wouldn't have the spotlight. They need to be allowed to shine on their own to really succeed.
I don't even care if the game gets a spotlight. I don't want it on NSO because then you don't get to keep the game. Nintendo needs to sell retro games like they used to.

Actually, with Golf out of the way, Camelot's next project, I truly believe, has to be Golden Sun now.
it really doesn't...

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
it really doesn't...
It really does.

Camelot doesn't make 2 Mario Tennis games nor 2 Mario Golf games per console, just one of each per console. That's how it's been for over 2 decades now. They only innovate once per console for each of those 2 sports.

They've always had 1 Mario Golf and 1 Mario Tennis game each at least for both handhelds and home consoles (only exception was the Wii where they didn't make a Golf game, and the NDS where they didn't make anything mario sport related, just Golden Sun Dark Dawn).

N64: Mario Tennis and Mario Golf
Gameboy Color: Mario Tennis and Mario Golf

Gameboy Advance: Mario Tennis Power Tour, Mario Golf Advance Tour + Golden Sun 1 and 2
Gamecube: Mario Power Tennis and Mario Golf Toadstool Tour

Wii: Mario Power Tennis (there was no Mario Golf here, just a random game called We love Golf! which wasn't even published by Nintendo but capcom instead, so it doesn't count. The Wii never had a Mario Golf game).
NDS: Golden Sun Dark Dawn

Wii U: Mario Tennis Ultra Smash
3DS: Mario Tennis Open and Mario Golf World Tour. ( There was only a small collaboration for a golf and tennis mode by them on Mario Superstars, a Bandai Namco made game, just as a side note, it's still not a 100% full game made by Camelot by any means).

Switch: Mario Tennis Aces, Mario Golf Super Rush………… and now what?

The Nintendo Switch was recently reported once again as being barely in the middle of its life cycle (even tho they stated that before, they did it again lol, most likely meaning their plans have extended for it or something for a few more years). Camelot isn't gonna sit doing nothing and being unable to pay their employees for another 4 or 5 years, they have to make one more game if we are still half way the Switch's life cycle. It's as simple as that.

They only work on Tennis and Golf as far a sports goes, that's how it has been for over 2 decades. Those are the sports Camelot has claimed themselves to love and sticked working with, they aren't getting out of their comfort area.

Golden Sun is the only thing left that they have loved making and are fans themselves of the world they created, so considered they already covered their sport stuff within their comfort area, it's just logical, based on these facts.

These are all facts and the situation Camelot is facing now, now that they are done with their Golf and Tennis title of the current console.
We have already covered this before.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Yeah, I've been burned too many times at this point to assume a Golden sun is 100% next.

For all we know they could be working out the kinks for a new Mario Tennis for the next Nintendo system. It might seem like alot of time until then for it to be another Mario sports game but the next new Mario Golf ended up taking longer to get announced than we expected so who the hell knows?

I certainly hope we will see Golden Sun next, and I certainly don't want to sound like it definitely 100% isn't happening or whatever, but yeah, not going to get my hopes up THAT high.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah, I've been burned too many times at this point to assume a Golden sun is 100% next.

For all we know they could be working out the kinks for a new Mario Tennis for the next Nintendo system. It might seem like alot of time until then for it to be another Mario sports game but the next new Mario Golf ended up taking longer to get announced than we expected so who the hell knows?

I certainly hope we will see Golden Sun next, and I certainly don't want to sound like it definitely 100% isn't happening or whatever, but yeah, not going to get my hopes up THAT high.
We weren't in this specific position of being half way in a console life cycle with tennis and golf out of the way already, as i just explained, so i dunno what you guys were burnt before by, tbh. I certainly didnt have any gs expectations or any reasons to expect gs's return in all of these past years, up untill recently.

But yeah, again, Camelot isn't gonna be working on another tennis game for a next system at this early time lol we are reportedly like half way of the cycle of this current system. And again, their employees dont feed themselves out of nothing, the moment super rush is done and out, they are already working on their next game.

I'm just saying, GS does make sense to be next in this very specific current situation, with what is already done by now. And this hasn't been the situation since the NDS really. Sadly we are gonna have to wait a while to see their next game anyway, so here is hoping...

For now, we are better off hoping and praying isaac has a chance for being one of the last fighters in ultimate, thats all we can do here for now.

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
If the switch is really at half of it's lifespan, it would mean that if they are starting a new Tennis, it would take 4 to 5 year before release ? That'd be a very ambitious tennis game, the smash bros of tennis.
Actually that could be fun to have the smash roster doing tennis.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
How would you guys feel about having a Golden Sun antagonist in smash?

Do you think that would be doing the series dirty. If Isaac was an assist trophy and an antagonist was playable.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Any representation would be good, but it would be confusing.
Also you can edit your message rather than double post ! :p
It's been done before with Tekken and Akuma and Geese Howard. I think if there was a push there might be more hope for a rep in a future fighter pass, but I think Isaac has a good shot for the next smash game, but there is a lot of support for females and villains so I thought Karst would be a good rep, but I haven't played the game nor know anything about it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's been done before with Tekken and Akuma and Geese Howard
Because Tekken has a different goal in mind with its guests/DLC. Smash wants "mascoty" characters and ones that are otherwise protagonists.
but there is a lot of support for females and villains
...that's not the real obstacle for promoting Isaac support tbh.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
How would you guys feel about having a Golden Sun antagonist in smash?

Do you think that would be doing the series dirty. If Isaac was an assist trophy and an antagonist was playable.
We would get another of the protagonists before getting an antagonist. Be it Felix or Matthew even.
I don't think we have gotten antagonists before protagonists in any series so far, lol.

If I had to stil amuse the idea, I think Saturos would be the one tbh (plus his freaking music theme… come on lol). Alex is just a bunch of teleporting and dialogue so far, we have yet to see his role as a villain pay off in the story and more of his abilities, other than just having "plans" all the time, lol.

We weren't in this specific position of being half way in a console life cycle with tennis and golf out of the way already, as i just explained, so i dunno what you guys were burnt before by, tbh. I certainly didnt have any gs expectations or any reasons to expect gs's return in all of these past years, up untill recently.

But yeah, again, Camelot isn't gonna be working on another tennis game for a next system at this early time lol we are reportedly like half way of the cycle of this current system. And again, their employees dont feed themselves out of nothing, the moment super rush is done and out, they are already working on their next game.

I'm just saying, GS does make sense to be next in this very specific current situation, with what is already done by now. And this hasn't been the situation since the NDS really. Sadly we are gonna have to wait a while to see their next game anyway, so here is hoping...

For now, we are better off hoping and praying isaac has a chance for being one of the last fighters in ultimate, thats all we can do here for now.
Replying to myself here to add something also important to note that I forgot to mention…

20191023_082757.jpg

We had Takahashi saying over 10 years ago, that they would bring back GS if a hybrid console ever existed, and we finally got one. Do you think it's coincidence that Tennis Aces and potentially Golf Super Rush are both including Golden Sun references NOW after all this time?… it's definitely suspicious timing if you ask me, combined with the fact that we now have that long desired hybrid console that Takahashi fantasized about back then. This is definitely the best way of telling us that they still remember that series they made games of long ago, they haven't forgotten about it, and best potential timeline: they are most likely coming back to give us more GS again.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Having the first GS character in Smash be anyone other than Isaac wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.

The only other character that comes closest to making any sort of sense for story reasons is Felix, but even then...why? He basically does the same stuff as Isaac, so there's nothing that makes him better to add from a moveset perspective, and he doesn't have the fan demand that Isaac has. Simply put, if you're thinking of adding Felix, you might as well add Isaac at that point.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
It’s more like getting Rex before Shulk, or Roy before Marth (or Ness before Ninten, but those two are basically carbon copies so no one seems to care). The only scenario where I could see us getting Felix instead of Isaac is if Felix happened to be the protagonist of GS4 and they really wanted to promote it. Even then, they would still likely give him an Isaac echo due to fan demand.

pofehof

Smash Rookie
It really does.
It really doesn't. 3DS has Tennis and Golf, and they simply ended up working on Tennis again before doing a collaboration with Bandai Namco. They could just as easily be working on another collaboration, or could also have finally received the go-ahead from Sega to work on Shining Force 4. They could also choose to partner back up with Capcom to work on another golf game. As nice as it would be for them to work on Golden Sun, Camelot isn't strictly known for that.

Do you think it's coincidence that Tennis Aces and potentially Golf Super Rush are both including Golden Sun references NOW after all this time?
What GS references does Super Rush have?

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think we haven't spoke much about the potential of Shining Force being made before a new Golden Sun. What are the realistic chances ? I'm not knowledgeable about the franchise, but it's owned by Sega, and Sega is in relative good terms with Nintendo. It might be a more "safe" choice than a new Golden Sun, which either would have to be a remake, or a direct sequel to Dark Dawn. Just how popular is Shining Force ? And how vocal is their fanbase?

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I think we haven't spoke much about the potential of Shining Force being made before a new Golden Sun. What are the realistic chances ? I'm not knowledgeable about the franchise, but it's owned by Sega, and Sega is in relative good terms with Nintendo. It might be a more "safe" choice than a new Golden Sun, which either would have to be a remake, or a direct sequel to Dark Dawn. Just how popular is Shining Force ? And how vocal is their fanbase?
While I don't think Shining Force can be ruled out entirely, it seems to me that Camelot would prefer to keep working with Nintendo and personally it seems like a new Golden Sun is more likely than a new Shining Force. Who knows, if Famicom Detective Club can get a revival, anything can.

pofehof

Smash Rookie
Just how popular is Shining Force ? And how vocal is their fanbase?
In Japan, they were probably slightly more popular than GS. Can't say much for worldwide since there aren't numbers there. Other Shining games aren't as popular though. Only reason Camelot might go back to it is due to Hiroyuki Takahashi expressing interest in making Shining Force 4 back in 2017: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...ss_is_keen_to_make_shining_force_iv_a_reality

it seems to me that Camelot would prefer to keep working with Nintendo
Camelot doesn't always have to work with Nintendo. We saw back in 2008 that they made a golf game with Capcom (probably due to Nintendo not asking for a new Mario Golf at that time), so it seems that they are free to make whatever they want as long as they have a publisher willing to help out.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Camelot doesn't always have to work with Nintendo. We saw back in 2008 that they made a golf game with Capcom (probably due to Nintendo not asking for a new Mario Golf at that time), so it seems that they are free to make whatever they want as long as they have a publisher willing to help out.
They don't have to work with Nintendo, but since first working with Nintendo in the '90s, they've made only one game for someone else (We Love Golf, the game you referenced, published by Capcom). Thus, I said that they "prefer" working with Nintendo rather than saying that they "always" work with them.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I'm tempted to start a discussion about whether or not Nintendo should just buy out Camelot, but A) I know a lot of people don't like the recent rise in video game companies buying other video game companies, and B) Nintendo isn't even the kind of company to buy out other companies because they want to (except maybe with Monolith Soft). They only bought Next Level Games recently because they didn't want to risk someone else buying them...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Considering Shining Force is just as dead, and Sega owns the franchise, and for that matter, didn't even bother to have the latest Strategy RPG localized, I doubt it'd be an option. It's not impossible, but it seems like there's no real interest in it. It doesn't help that despite it being a fairly notable Sega series from the start, it can't even show up in any fashion among the Sega All-Stars game. The most done is acknowledging they own it in the giant list.

I wouldn't count on it being potential competition for Camelot to work on. Have they even worked on any SF games in a long time? Were they even involved in Feather, the latest Strategy RPG? If not, frankly, I'd say they're vastly unlikely as an option.

----------------

That said, I do think Isaac is the most likely first GS character. Not that others are impossible, but there's little reason to choose someone else right now. Anything can change. Spin-offs, new core games, other media adaptions, etc.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Seems like the thread is dead currently. But.
What I want to see most is that assist trophy stigma to die. I'm tired of it quite frankly (hopefully most others are as well).
Plus it's a hype way to reveal a character don't you think? Even if the demand is in a weird place don't forget we had a large boost in popularity in this very thread before the final reveal that day. Over 1100+ pages?
Something has GOT to happen eventually. We can only go ignored for so long at this juncture.
It's either a game of some kind, a character, or both.
At some point they WILL do something. It's just a matter of what it is and when.

Edit: I think I've started to become more optimistic lately. But I never have expectations anymore. SO..

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
The reason Shining Force was brought up in that interview is because the Takahashi Bros were talking to other ex Sega devs, they were talking about their time working on those games and SFIV was much more relevant to that discussion. I've seen some people think that him bringing up SFIV means that he has more interest continuing that over Golden Sun but with the context of that you can't say that's the case for sure

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I do have to wonder what the possibilities are of an external company working on Golden Sun alongside Camelot. A lot of people may not know but apparently Three Houses was made with basically a skeleton crew of Intelligent System developers while the majority of development was handled by Koei-Tecmo.

I wouldn’t be all that shocked if they outsourced a major portion of a GS game with a skeleton crew of Camelot helping direct it on the right path, especially if it were to turn out the new Golden Sun is a remake of the original and TLA.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I do have to wonder what the possibilities are of an external company working on Golden Sun alongside Camelot. A lot of people may not know but apparently Three Houses was made with basically a skeleton crew of Intelligent System developers while the majority of development was handled by Koei-Tecmo.

I wouldn’t be all that shocked if they outsourced a major portion of a GS game with a skeleton crew of Camelot helping direct it on the right path, especially if it were to turn out the new Golden Sun is a remake of the original and TLA.
Many (myself included) have speculated about Monolith Soft helping with the game. They have a massive infrastructure of support staff and plenty of worldbuilding expertise, so it would fit perfectly with the large world of Weyard.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

I'm really happy to have these again after all these years.

It would not surprise me if Camelot is getting help from another studio to make Golden Sun right now. Monolith has helped Nintendo make a lot of their Switch games lately and supposedly, last I heard, they have a division working on an unknown game. Don't remember if the game they are working on has already been confirmed or not, but if this is true, then personally, I can easily see them helping Camelot with GS. Especially with how we saw Camelot "experimenting" on an open world with Mario Golf Super Rush. Who knows?
All I know is that we have to wait just a little longer and keep the demand for GS's return going strong.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Many (myself included) have speculated about Monolith Soft helping with the game. They have a massive infrastructure of support staff and plenty of worldbuilding expertise, so it would fit perfectly with the large world of Weyard.
While that would be pretty cool, aren't they already working on BotW sequel and one of their own game ? Would they be big enough to support 2 big games + work on their own ?

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
While that would be pretty cool, aren't they already working on BotW sequel and one of their own game ? Would they be big enough to support 2 big games + work on their own ?
Yeah, Monolith Soft is huge. They operate a dedicated team of support staff in Kyoto (they're based in Tokyo) and they've helped both the Zelda and Splatoon/Animal Crossing teams with their last couple games. So right now, it's reasonable to say they're working on BotW 2, Splatoon 3, and one of their own games (XB3? XBX port? Who knows). It's possible that they have less staff assisting with GS than normal, but it's still possible, especially if BotW 2 is nearing completion.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Well, that'd be interresting. they weren't around at the time of DD were they?
Well around 2010 they were a little busy making Xenoblade Chronicles, and they didn't do a whole lot of support work before then (they helped with Brawl, then Skyward Sword, which was their first support work with Nintendo's first-party studios).

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Well around 2010 they were a little busy making Xenoblade Chronicles, and they didn't do a whole lot of support work before then (they helped with Brawl, then Skyward Sword, which was their first support work with Nintendo's first-party studios).
Then yeah timeline wise it could work

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It really does.

Camelot doesn't make 2 Mario Tennis games nor 2 Mario Golf games per console, just one of each per console. That's how it's been for over 2 decades now. They only innovate once per console for each of those 2 sports.

They've always had 1 Mario Golf and 1 Mario Tennis game each at least for both handhelds and home consoles (only exception was the Wii where they didn't make a Golf game, and the NDS where they didn't make anything mario sport related, just Golden Sun Dark Dawn).

N64: Mario Tennis and Mario Golf
Gameboy Color: Mario Tennis and Mario Golf

Gameboy Advance: Mario Tennis Power Tour, Mario Golf Advance Tour + Golden Sun 1 and 2
Gamecube: Mario Power Tennis and Mario Golf Toadstool Tour

Wii: Mario Power Tennis (there was no Mario Golf here, just a random game called We love Golf! which wasn't even published by Nintendo but capcom instead, so it doesn't count. The Wii never had a Mario Golf game).
NDS: Golden Sun Dark Dawn

Wii U: Mario Tennis Ultra Smash
3DS: Mario Tennis Open and Mario Golf World Tour. ( There was only a small collaboration for a golf and tennis mode by them on Mario Superstars, a Bandai Namco made game, just as a side note, it's still not a 100% full game made by Camelot by any means).

Switch: Mario Tennis Aces, Mario Golf Super Rush………… and now what?

The Nintendo Switch was recently reported once again as being barely in the middle of its life cycle (even tho they stated that before, they did it again lol, most likely meaning their plans have extended for it or something for a few more years). Camelot isn't gonna sit doing nothing and being unable to pay their employees for another 4 or 5 years, they have to make one more game if we are still half way the Switch's life cycle. It's as simple as that.

They only work on Tennis and Golf as far a sports goes, that's how it has been for over 2 decades. Those are the sports Camelot has claimed themselves to love and sticked working with, they aren't getting out of their comfort area.

Golden Sun is the only thing left that they have loved making and are fans themselves of the world they created, so considered they already covered their sport stuff within their comfort area, it's just logical, based on these facts.

These are all facts and the situation Camelot is facing now, now that they are done with their Golf and Tennis title of the current console.
We have already covered this before.
While I love to get this optimistic as you do, and even sort of envy you for it... I really can't think of this way anymore ever since Mario Golf got announced while all the "sources" claimed they where not making a Golf game (ironically, I mistyped Golf as "Gold" there). Yeah sure, it was almost inevitable, I know that, and Camelot could use the money, am aware.

But c'mon, the Switch is full of remakes of age old RPG games, right now would've been a perfect timing for a new Golden Sun, or Shining Force.

Yeah logic seems to imply you're right, but is it the full picture I really wonder? Maybe, just maybe Camelot wants to try a total different type of Mario sports, and goes for... God forbid it, Mario Badminton? Or whatever other Mario sport they can think of.

Sure, Golden Sun is hugely requested, but the Mario brand literally sells itself, thus is always gonna be the safer choice. You see it even compared to other platforming franchises as Donkey Kong, Yoshi's Island, Wario... They also have to "compete" against Mario, and it's easy to see what the results of this are. DK, Yoshi and Wario are lucky to get one new game per generation, a remake or nothing at all is often most they get. Mario gets a new game just about every season...

deep sigh

I want this to be reality, I really do, but as for now... I'll believe it when I see it.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
While I love to get this optimistic as you do, and even sort of envy you for it... I really can't think of this way anymore ever since Mario Golf got announced while all the "sources" claimed they where not making a Golf game (ironically, I mistyped Golf as "Gold" there). Yeah sure, it was almost inevitable, I know that, and Camelot could use the money, am aware.

But c'mon, the Switch is full of remakes of age old RPG games, right now would've been a perfect timing for a new Golden Sun, or Shining Force.

Yeah logic seems to imply you're right, but is it the full picture I really wonder? Maybe, just maybe Camelot wants to try a total different type of Mario sports, and goes for... God forbid it, Mario Badminton? Or whatever other Mario sport they can think of.

Sure, Golden Sun is hugely requested, but the Mario brand literally sells itself, thus is always gonna be the safer choice. You see it even compared to other platforming franchises as Donkey Kong, Yoshi's Island, Wario... They also have to "compete" against Mario, and it's easy to see what the results of this are. DK, Yoshi and Wario are lucky to get one new game per generation, a remake or nothing at all is often most they get. Mario gets a new game just about every season...

deep sigh

I want this to be reality, I really do, but as for now... I'll believe it when I see it.
Again, They have stuck with Golf and Tennis for over 2 decades now. They aren't getting out of their area of comfort of work. Those are the sports they love and have experience with. They are known for making those 2 specific sports games only.

Why does anyone think the only non golf / tennis full game that they have been involved with, was the collaboration that they did with Bamco? I'm of course talking about Mario Sports Superstars. The reason is simple, because that game had a golf and a tennis mode, which is what Camelot specifically helped with. They didn't do any collaboration with Square Enix's "Mario Sports Mix", because didn't have either Golf nor Tennis modes, it was a bunch of other different sports. They simply do not make other sports or help with other sports, period. It's not a coincidence, that's just how it always has been with Camelot. I can't stress this fact enough. To think that they are suddenly gonna change that with no precedent of them deviating from those 2 sports, is more unlikely than actually Golden Sun returning, lol. You might ask "why is that?" ? well, again that's because just like golf and tennis, they LOVE the world of Golden Sun and they loved making games of that series. They have said so themselves (the Takahashi brothers).

Camelot doesn't have the luxury of risking doing things they aren't experienced with, considering the budget that requires to make games as technology advances + they need to assure profit from what they make as the small company that they are. Hence why they have stuck with what they have experience with for all this time. It's business logic. They are not a big company by any means, they don't take risks beyond their expertise.

These are all Camelot facts that have carried over 2 decades, and still going as we can perfectly see. They are not opinions of mine whatsoever, nor rumors, nor leaks, or anything like that.

Shining force is more unlikely to return than Golden Sun, and this IS indeed the first opinion I'm actually sharing here in this reply. The series was only a thing when Camelot was tied to Sega in their very beginning as a company. That series weren't even games made for Nintendo consoles back then, but for the Sega Genesis, CD and Saturn. Could they be ported? uh… I guess…? big shrug Either way, I personally don't see more reasons to expect shining force, a series that wasn't on nintendo consoles, more than golden sun, which was on Nintendo consoles and it was quite successful.
( Fun fact: with the 3 GS games combined, they have easily surpassed 3M in sales in total combined. And if we just look at the first game alone, it sold about 1.6M, which is more than what most of the Xenoblade have sold, with the exception being XC2). And unlike GS, I haven't read anywhere that the devs have any plans of bringing shining force back… Golden Sun at least had Takahasi himself hypothetically thinking to bring the series back if a hybrid existed, which we just finally got a few years ago.

Anyways, I don't think I will be around much in this website anymore. I just gonna be honest, it's boring since we have talked over the same things over and over and all we can do is keep waiting and hoping. And whenever me and others want to be optimistic about GS or Isaac, all we get are random naysayers coming to the thread to be all pessimists and ignore FACTS like the ones I just shared. (By the way I don't mean you Diddy Kong Diddy Kong , I'm talking about other people, lol )

So I'm probably gonna stop checking SB in general for the rest of the wait as the 2 fighters are done releasing/revealing, unless I hear something about who they are like I did for Sephiroth and Banjo in the past, then I would probably come and share, but it's never a promise that I will hear about the next ones, as I had no idea about Pyra/Mythra. If I hear, I hear, if not, then no.

Here's to hoping Isaac can get in as one of the last 2 fighters we have yet to see get revealed. He has interesting situations behind him like Arms and XC2 did ( one of those situations being music related). Those who know what I mean, well you know already, no reason to repeat such explanations again.

I will keep collaborating every now and then with Golden Sundays on Twitter, for sure. In fact I have a potential cool project right now in process of making, which hopefully I will have ready before the next Golden Sunday -wink-

Peace y'all.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Again, They have stuck with Golf and Tennis for over 2 decades now. They aren't getting out of their area of comfort of work. Those are the sports they love and have experience with. They are known for making those 2 specific sports games only.

Why does anyone think the only non golf / tennis full game that they have been involved with, was the collaboration that they did with Bamco? I'm of course talking about Mario Sports Superstars. The reason is simple, because that game had a golf and a tennis mode, which is what Camelot specifically helped with. They didn't do any collaboration with Square Enix's "Mario Sports Mix", because didn't have either Golf nor Tennis modes, it was a bunch of other different sports. They simply do not make other sports or help with other sports, period. It's not a coincidence, that's just how it always has been with Camelot. I can't stress this fact enough. To think that they are suddenly gonna change that with no precedent of them deviating from those 2 sports, is more unlikely than actually Golden Sun returning, lol. You might ask "why is that?" ? well, again that's because just like golf and tennis, they LOVE the world of Golden Sun and they loved making games of that series. They have said so themselves (the Takahashi brothers).

Camelot doesn't have the luxury of risking doing things they aren't experienced with, considering the budget that requires to make games as technology advances + they need to assure profit from what they make as the small company that they are. Hence why they have stuck with what they have experience with for all this time. It's business logic. They are not a big company by any means, they don't take risks beyond their expertise.

These are all Camelot facts that have carried over 2 decades, and still going as we can perfectly see. They are not opinions of mine whatsoever, nor rumors, nor leaks, or anything like that.

Shining force is more unlikely to return than Golden Sun, and this IS indeed the first opinion I'm actually sharing here in this reply. The series was only a thing when Camelot was tied to Sega in their very beginning as a company. That series weren't even games made for Nintendo consoles back then, but for the Sega Genesis, CD and Saturn. Could they be ported? uh… I guess…? big shrug Either way, I personally don't see more reasons to expect shining force, a series that wasn't on nintendo consoles, more than golden sun, which was on Nintendo consoles and it was quite successful.
( Fun fact: with the 3 GS games combined, they have easily surpassed 3M in sales in total combined. And if we just look at the first game alone, it sold about 1.6M, which is more than what most of the Xenoblade have sold, with the exception being XC2). And unlike GS, I haven't read anywhere that the devs have any plans of bringing shining force back… Golden Sun at least had Takahasi himself hypothetically thinking to bring the series back if a hybrid existed, which we just finally got a few years ago.

Anyways, I don't think I will be around much in this website anymore. I just gonna be honest, it's boring since we have talked over the same things over and over and all we can do is keep waiting and hoping. And whenever me and others want to be optimistic about GS or Isaac, all we get are random naysayers coming to the thread to be all pessimists and ignore FACTS like the ones I just shared. (By the way I don't mean you Diddy Kong Diddy Kong , I'm talking about other people,
Good point about how the Shining Force series doesn’t have precedence over Golden Sun when it comes to Nintendo. The games sold well when they first came out and Nintendo would have paid attention to that. This will make them want to remake/remaster the first two games and to improve the sales.

Not only can Camelot work on Golden Sun but they can get help from Monolith Soft and Grezzo if they need any extra help with world building and programming. Working on the Mario Sports titles has helped Camelot with HD graphics and programming on the Switch.
This is the time for Golden Sun to be revived and nothing else should stand in its way.

Top Bottom