• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
So guys I saw this guy's post on twitter who has been posing renders and what not, and I loved what he did with the isaac model, so I went ahead and asked them if I could make a mock-up of an amiibo with it. I edited a bit on his face to be more interesting and with an actual emotion, as well as fixing one foot to make it work properly. I would love it if this was his official pose in Smash, what y'all think? 🧐

View attachment 296835
That looks legit! I'd want one ASAP.

Also for songs, there's so many good ones I'd want, but the big three for me are Isaac Battle, Saturos Battle and Venus Lighthouse.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So guys I saw this guy's post on twitter who has been posing renders and what not, and I loved what he did with the isaac model, so I went ahead and asked them if I could make a mock-up of an amiibo with it. I edited a bit on his face to be more interesting and with an actual emotion, as well as fixing one foot to make it work properly. I would love it if this was his official pose in Smash, what y'all think? 🧐

View attachment 296835
I would absolutely love this! Nintendo, make this happen, please!!!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
We are getting something better than that 😎

I agree, these seem to be obvious choices to have a special arrangement aside from the original version, or in case the original versions don't sound good enough for Ultimate even

View attachment 296835
Always doing the Wise One's work mate ;) , seriously this is so awesome though

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
That mockup looks fantastic, but I will say that my preference is for Isaac to not use something close to his "Move" pose in his render (hand outstretched, other hand on sword's hilt) and it was closer to his actual Psynergy casting pose (sword up, facing the sky) or more closely connected with the ground. My one big fear is that Isaac's moveset features lots of the giant hand (cool part of GS, but the emphasis should be on Venus Psynergy, since he uses that in combat) like SSF2 and people don't realize Isaac's main talent is earthbending.

Krosshair

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6344-8888-0590
So… back to Isaac, which is the topic of this thread.

If Motoi Sakuraba was to make new arrangements for 2 or 3 or a few of golden sun tracks (that aren't the 2 we already have, similar to what sephiroth did, basically), which tracks would you particularly want new arrangements?
I mean, I have this pretty nifty Isaac moveset document that you can check out

I also included a music selection and other things just for the heck of it if y’all wanna look at it

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
In other news with the addition of Omnislash Version 5 came new voice lines for Advent Children Cloud, so now he takes up a voice slot

Assuming Isaac's in, the chances of him bringing a Felix/Matthew alt are basically zero now
I mean, who’s to say they can’t just, y’know, add more slots?

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I'm not sure how it is on the voice slots, but I do know that the game is hard locked at 90 characters. If you try to add another slot, it crashes. It could possibly be the same for voice slots, though I don't know why it would be.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There was a problem fetching the tweet

One day, they will be playable together......

I hope I did Geno justice here. The one they showed off in the Presentation didn’t seem right to me.
The thing of it is, even if and when these characters get in, there will emerge a new "Dream Trio", or whatever you call it.

I mean a game ago, that company would've included Ridley and K. Rool.

It's nice when we get long-desired characters, but the concept itself is an unreachable goal, which is kinda funny.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
These slots were added in the code sometime at the beginning of the year, clearly in anticipation of Pass 2. This happened with pass 1 as well; this is why Hero having four alts wasn't entirely out of left field.

They COULD, but I feel like if this was the initial plan, they would have already had seven to start. Which means that any added ones would have to be ones that don't require as much planning and effort to cobble together; I would doubt they'd have a unique voice.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
There could always be another voiceless character like Steve in the pass for all we know, making it still possible for Isaac to have a Felix/adult Isaac alt, or for some other character to have an alt.
I mean, sure? But who else would even work for this that's even feasibly in at this point?

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I feel like the chance of a voiceless character is pretty small so I'm just gonna assume no more voice-changing alts. Obviously I could be wrong but it probably isn't likely.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
That mockup looks fantastic, but I will say that my preference is for Isaac to not use something close to his "Move" pose in his render (hand outstretched, other hand on sword's hilt) and it was closer to his actual Psynergy casting pose (sword up, facing the sky) or more closely connected with the ground. My one big fear is that Isaac's moveset features lots of the giant hand (cool part of GS, but the emphasis should be on Venus Psynergy, since he uses that in combat) like SSF2 and people don't realize Isaac's main talent is earthbending.
I wonder if Isaac using utility psynergy is just a product of the time? As in Brawl was the first implemention of assist trophies and likely Isaac using 'Move' was just easier for Sakurai to implement vs the earthbending. Now newcomers are closer to their source material and doing things Sakurai mentioned at one point in time wouldn't normally be in Smash. I feel like Isaac had a moveset that was seen as unrealizable back in those days. And since assists don't really change things up he's stuck doing what he debuted as. Of course we could also explain away that Sakurai picking 'Move' was intentional and wanted that all along lol.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I wonder if Isaac using utility psynergy is just a product of the time? As in Brawl was the first implemention of assist trophies and likely Isaac using 'Move' was just easier for Sakurai to implement vs the earthbending. Now newcomers are closer to their source material and doing things Sakurai mentioned at one point in time wouldn't normally be in Smash. I feel like Isaac had a moveset that was seen as unrealizable back in those days. And since assists don't really change things up he's stuck doing what he debuted as. Of course we could also explain away that Sakurai picking 'Move' was intentional and wanted that all along lol.
I agree. That very well could be the case. It's pretty clear that they are pushing the limits of what Smash characters can do with a lot of these new characters with Hero and all the RNG and the mana system, Min Min's incredible reach and uniquely having different buttons for attacking with either fist and ability to switch arms, and Steve's wacky block placing, mining, crafting, resource management and pretty much everything about his moveset. It would be amazing to see Isaac actually be able to interact with the stage in someway with his earthbending. He could be a really unique and exciting addition to the roster without a doubt.

Not to go off topic, but this is one of the reasons I just feel awful for Heihachi fans. The one thing that seemingly held him back was his complicated implementation into Smash and now all these crazy movesets are showing that there's a greater understanding of how to implement the previously impossible into Smash. I think there's a reason for this though. I think that the team is specifically avoiding characters that might seem obvious and that includes characters who have been referenced as characters who were at one point considered or worked on but ultimately scraped. I think this contributed to my boy Geno's downfall as well. Obviously this isn't proven it's just a theory about how they may have viewed these once-considered characters.

Back on topic, I don't think Isaac has been referenced as considered or scraped or anything has he? I'm not all that up to date with all this stuff to be honest. But if I'm right I think that's a point in his favor. Of course unfortunately it is a point in a lot of other characters favors as well.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
ack on topic, I don't think Isaac has been referenced as considered or scraped or anything has he? I'm not all that up to date with all this stuff to be honest. But if I'm right I think that's a point in his favor. Of course unfortunately it is a point in a lot of other characters favors as well.
Yea, he hasn't been mentioned at all.

There has been some people think he might have been at least considered for Ultimate though.

Monue

Smash Apprentice
It's felt to me that some of these reps have been made with the series they represent as a whole in mind, Byleth for example, even characters like Hero or Steve who were mentioned - they do indeed have complex move sets, but they didn't necessarily have to. The latter two can do all those things in their games, but Byleth wielding all of the Hero's Relics wasn't really a thing.

I bring this up because I think (read: hope) Sakurai would try to implement the djinn as a mechanic into Isaac's move set - not just his Venus psynergy, and certainly not just his Move psynergy. I think Sakurai would try to give people a taste of Golden Sun as much as showcase Isaac himself. I have no idea how he'd do it, but I couldn't believe what he'd done with Steven, frankly, so I'd say anything's on the table!

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Well... with the Geno thread permanently locked, I guess we're the biggest active character thread again.
You know, since the general newcomer thread got nuked and replaced to make room for the servers, I think we're actually the top ranked active newcomer speculation thread on the site for Ultimate in general.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
So… back to Isaac, which is the topic of this thread.

If Motoi Sakuraba was to make new arrangements for 2 or 3 or a few of golden sun tracks (that aren't the 2 we already have, similar to what sephiroth did, basically), which tracks would you particularly want new arrangements?
If Motoi Sakuraba were to do one of the remixes, I think he would do either Isaac's Battle Theme or the Main Theme. If he was to do more, I could see him doing one of the boss themes, Dark Souls style.
In other news with the addition of Omnislash Version 5 came new voice lines for Advent Children Cloud, so now he takes up a voice slot

Assuming Isaac's in, the chances of him bringing a Felix/Matthew alt are basically zero now
So it took one of the datamined slots?
Not to go off topic, but this is one of the reasons I just feel awful for Heihachi fans. The one thing that seemingly held him back was his complicated implementation into Smash and now all these crazy movesets are showing that there's a greater understanding of how to implement the previously impossible into Smash. I think there's a reason for this though. I think that the team is specifically avoiding characters that might seem obvious and that includes characters who have been referenced as characters who were at one point considered or worked on but ultimately scraped. I think this contributed to my boy Geno's downfall as well. Obviously this isn't proven it's just a theory about how they may have viewed these once-considered characters.
Not to mention his JP VA died before one of the other charcters he voiced :ultincineroar: was revealed.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
The thing of it is, even if and when these characters get in, there will emerge a new "Dream Trio", or whatever you call it.

I mean a game ago, that company would've included Ridley and K. Rool.

It's nice when we get long-desired characters, but the concept itself is an unreachable goal, which is kinda funny.
I wonder who'd replace them if they all three came in lol. It'd be fun 2 see peoples takes. I'd say:
Midna/ Skull Kid/ New Loz rep plz
Bandanna Waddle Dee
Ashley/ Dixie Kong

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I don't really get why it was closed? They didn't seem to be arguing or anything?

I get that Geno was deconfirmed but I don't see what harm they were doing. They're basically just doing what we were doing after Isaac became an assist, just with larger numbers I guess.
I did a little digging. It seems the general idea of closing it was because Fatmanonice kept stringing people along with left field theories on Geno and his inevitable inclusion. He basically refused to accept that anything could debunk Geno and got many other's thinking the same way, to the point where it was getting unhealthy and causing them to have unrealistic expectations.

He was also accused of being a false insider. In the last couple of years, the thread was inundated with people believing that every single thing ever was a point in Geno's favor, and the hysteria built by that caused some people to derail and begin posting unhealthy things when he didn't show. When they dropped the costume, everyone seemed ready to finally move on and temper their expectations, but Fatman came back and started getting people's hopes up again. The mods noticed this and finally decided to shut it down to avoid any future escalation or fervor towards other characters.

This is not my perspective, just what I've read to be the official reasons. Fatman has been perma-banned as well.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I did a little digging. It seems the general idea of closing it was because Fatmanonice kept stringing people along with left field theories on Geno and his inevitable inclusion. He basically refused to accept that anything could debunk Geno and got many other's thinking the same way, to the point where it was getting unhealthy and causing them to have unrealistic expectations.

He was also accused of being a false insider. In the last couple of years, the thread was inundated with people believing that every single thing ever was a point in Geno's favor, and the hysteria built by that caused some people to derail and begin posting unhealthy things when he didn't show. When they dropped the costume, everyone seemed ready to finally move on and temper their expectations, but Fatman came back and started getting people's hopes up again. The mods noticed this and finally decided to shut it down to avoid any future escalation or fervor towards other characters.

This is not my perspective, just what I've read to be the official reasons. Fatman has been perma-banned as well.
As someone who had been a thread regular this is very much blown out of proportion. I understand that it's not your perspective tho nothing against you of course. It is odd to me that hope would be seen as a bad thing. It amazes me that people actually see things this way, but it is what it is. Regardless I think this will be my new home for now, but my interest in this site is certainly diminished.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
As someone who had been a thread regular this is very much blown out of proportion. I understand that it's not your perspective tho nothing against you of course. It is odd to me that hope would be seen as a bad thing. It amazes me that people actually see things this way, but it is what it is. Regardless I think this will be my new home for now, but my interest in this site is certainly diminished.
If you believe the issue was people found fault with resting hope upon Geno, your perspective is no less distorted.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Its cool to see that this thread is still so active though. One of my closest friends was an Isaac supporter above all else, and I still think he'd be a great addition.

This latest DLC was also pretty groundbreaking in a way that shouldn't be underestimated: for the first time, the team coded a brand new move into an existing character, complete with new voice clips. This is significant because it proves that the team is willing to re-work content that's already in the game and simply update everyone's console to adapt the changes. This could apply to more than just an alternate final smash; it could even allow ATs to be upgraded into full fighters, since their model and basic animations are already in the game.

I know the odds of this happening are still low, but Cloud is kind of a "proof of concept". He proves that the team is willing to edit an existing in-game entity for DLC. Its not nearly as extensive as upgrading an AT to a full fighter, but its the closest thing we've gotten to debunking fan rules about ATs deconfirming characters.

Also we shouldn't forget about Chrom. Dude is both a Final Smash and a fighter, something unprecedented before that. Whose to say Isaac can't also be both, or a patch can't replace his model with Felix/Matthew?

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
With all due respect to the peeps coming from the closed-down Geno thread, if you want to discuss that, it probably shouldn't be on the character thread based on Isaac.

That being said, I only have one real hope for Isaac in regards to the music situation. All I want is a single remix
by 50 Cent, let's go! Our thread mascot, y'all would bop to a Saturos Theme Remix with 50 Cent!

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
With all due respect to the peeps coming from the closed-down Geno thread, if you want to discuss that, it probably shouldn't be on the character thread based on Isaac.

That being said, I only have one real hope for Isaac in regards to the music situation. All I want is a single remix
by 50 Cent, let's go! Our thread mascot, y'all would bop to a Saturos Theme Remix with 50 Cent!
Yeah I wasn't even part of the Geno thread, but a few people here were expressing confusion about the thread's closure since there didn't seem to any real arguing or controversy going on. I was curious myself so I looked into and decided to share what I found. Not looking to start any issues about it or anything. This thread should indeed remain about Isaac, although the rational and reasonable supporters of Geno certainly have my sympathy.

I don't claim to be an expert on Isaac, but Psy users in his home game can use all four Djinn types, correct? On that basis alone, I feel the team could make a unique character out of Isaac that would be worthy of DLC. It seems a common theme of all DLC characters is that they need to bring something very new or unique to the table (Terry's unique fighting style and meter, Steve's mining gimmicks, Min-Min's two-arm system, Joker having Arsene, Sephiroth having wing form and Masamune, etc.) Its why most Dixie supporters don't feel good about her chances since she would likely be a Diddy semi-clone and not bring that unique flavor.

Isaac has the potential to have a fighting style that employs four elements, which is certainly unique. Closest would be Byleth's four weapons. But would a style like his be balanced, or focus primarily on Earth with others only splashed in?

Paraster

Smash Lord
I don't claim to be an expert on Isaac, but Psy users in his home game can use all four Djinn types, correct? On that basis alone, I feel the team could make a unique character out of Isaac that would be worthy of DLC. It seems a common theme of all DLC characters is that they need to bring something very new or unique to the table (Terry's unique fighting style and meter, Steve's mining gimmicks, Min-Min's two-arm system, Joker having Arsene, Sephiroth having wing form and Masamune, etc.) Its why most Dixie supporters don't feel good about her chances since she would likely be a Diddy semi-clone and not bring that unique flavor.

Isaac has the potential to have a fighting style that employs four elements, which is certainly unique. Closest would be Byleth's four weapons. But would a style like his be balanced, or focus primarily on Earth with others only splashed in?
From a somewhat superficial point of view, I think it'd be best to favor earth. As far as I can recall, no other Smash fighters use earth powers (while fire is very common and wind and water have cropped up a few times), so it'd be something unique and neat to have a fighter who wields earth (either exclusively or predominantly).

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Isaac would be such a fun character and is so much more than another anime sword fighter. Give him the basic psynergy attacks and then he can use different djinn for different types of spells. Can you imagine how creative Sakurai could get with a djinn system?

Judgement needs to be his final smash though.

Last edited:

DrakeHavok

Smash Cadet

...You're not wrong about what Isaac is technically capable off, but for Smash purposes I think most would agree that his primary element should be earth - not just because there's not yet a single character in Smash who fights by controlling the earth, but also because it's the element he has had the most association with in every single GS game. If he were to utilize any other elements at all, I think it would be best if it was done as an aspect of a djinn system, and only through his special attacks - his normal attacks that utilize psynergy should all still be of the earth element.

...aaaand now I'm getting more moveset ideas.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To point out, we do have characters with some earth moves(like Charizard's Rock Smash, before it was removed), but nobody is clearly focused on it either. The closest otherwise is a swordsman, due to metal being from the earth. And that's such a stretch to say it's an earth-based moveset that even Min Min facepalms.

Nonetheless, I want an Earth-focused moveset too. Another one barely used is Ice. Water barely sees use too, incidentally. Fire has mostly one character focus, but there's a lot of random Fire moves here and there too. Incineroar is focused on Dark moreso, due to the Heel Wrestler motif.

I'd love to see those moveset ideas, DrakeHavok.

Top Bottom