• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Saffron would be really fun to see, very unique character. And Lea is rather popular when it comes to indies, bit surprised she's only an assist. Definitely would like to see both of them playable at some point.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I'm genuinely shocked that Shovel Knight is nowhere to be seen with how many crossovers he gets into. Possibly something down the line. They've already been fully funded and are speeding towards their next stretch goals, very exciting. I think I'll give the game a try when it releases.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
The team split in late 2017 to move to another project that they have now been working on for 3 years. I can't imagine it was a sequel to Mario Tennis since Aces hadn't even released at that point. If it were golf, 3 years would be unorthodox since Camelot has historically reused resources between tennis and golf to expedite turnover, especially during the same console generation. This would have to be the most epic golf game ever, with Cyberpunk's "customize your junk" levels of attention to justify 3 years and counting in the oven.

Our own Billybo10k has an excellent analysis of why this is probably Golden Sun that you can watch here.

(Make sure you smash that "like" button and subscribe for more great content)
That video has convinced me... if we really do end up getting a Golden Sun remake, I'm going to [R-Rated Content].

amageish

Smash Master
I'm genuinely shocked that Shovel Knight is nowhere to be seen with how many crossovers he gets into. Possibly something down the line. They've already been fully funded and are speeding towards their next stretch goals, very exciting. I think I'll give the game a try when it releases.
I wouldn't be too surprised if Shovel Knight is currently MIA just because he has had so many crossovers. He's in Rivals of Aether, Indie Pogo, Brawlhalla... He has his own platform fighter in the form of Shovel Knight Showdown... And he's in Smash Bros as an AT.

Obviously he's still famous and would be a good get for them, but he certainly wouldn't make the game stand out from the competition...

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I've been thinking that the spirit board that can come with Isaac doesn't just need to be characters but it could include some of the summons too. Isaac is easily covered in the spirits department in all honesty

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
This is true...

If you honestly think they made two separate models for Isaac, one that was purposefully lower quality for the AT, and one that was higher quality for the mii costume.

They have the same texture mapping, which makes it a dead giveaway that they're based off the same model clearly. So the most likely outcome knowing this is that they made a standard quality model for Isaac, and then downscaled it to properly run ingame, with the mii costume using the standard model resized to fit a mii.

So, no, they don't need to work very hard at all. And there's really no reason to "retcon" either, since it's very evident they're not bothered
Strongly disagree

Mii costumes are low-budget. If they ever actually MADE ISAAC PLAYABLE as his own unique fighter there's no way they would just reuse his assist trophy model. He would be redesigned at a higher budget.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Strongly disagree

Mii costumes are low-budget. If they ever actually MADE ISAAC PLAYABLE as his own unique fighter there's no way they would just reuse his assist trophy model. He would be redesigned at a higher budget.
If you're not gonna read what I said, why even bother trying to respond? You're just wasting my time and yours.

I never once said in that post they'd reuse the AT model. All I said was that there was a higher quality model separate from the AT and the mii that each were actually derived from, and that would also form the basis of the playable character.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Strongly disagree

I actually argue the Mii Costumes are evidence toward the scenraio of Any Assist Promoted Character re-using their Assist Model

While The Mii Costumes are just Costumes, They are Costumes for Playable Characters, and The Playable characters get Smoother Models and More Polygons than Non-Playable characters. This applies to the Miis, and in extension their costumes

DrakeHavok

Smash Cadet
I've been thinking that the spirit board that can come with Isaac doesn't just need to be characters but it could include some of the summons too. Isaac is easily covered in the spirits department in all honesty
Huh. That's not a bad idea at all... but considering the spirit boards of the other characters, I don't think we'd get more than one or two summons as spirits. Characters would still take priority, and there's still plenty of characters who could be spirits from GS - Sheba, Piers, Alex, Kraden, all the Dark Dawn characters who aren't Matthew, that's 11 spirits right there and so far no series has had more than that. Even if GS were to get more than any series so far or we cut out some less-important characters like Himi and Rief (or we did both), I doubt we'd get more than the 4 elemental djinn/level 1 summons, likely as a single spirit, and maybe Judgment as well.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Huh. That's not a bad idea at all... but considering the spirit boards of the other characters, I don't think we'd get more than one or two summons as spirits. Characters would still take priority, and there's still plenty of characters who could be spirits from GS - Sheba, Piers, Alex, Kraden, all the Dark Dawn characters who aren't Matthew, that's 11 spirits right there and so far no series has had more than that. Even if GS were to get more than any series so far or we cut out some less-important characters like Himi and Rief (or we did both), I doubt we'd get more than the 4 elemental djinn/level 1 summons, likely as a single spirit, and maybe Judgment as well.
I mean my point was that Isaac is more than covered when it comes to potential extra spirits he can bring with his spirit board. I'm not saying the entire list of summons or anything like that will be included lol

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Well then. So TWEWY 2 finally got announced.

TWEWY 2 and GS HD were both leaked by the other source (not mine) who also heard GS HD, who actually heard it WAY before me. He has been getting a lot of things right lately aside from TWEWY2, like knowing eighting were the devs behind this latest pikmin 3 game like way before it was confirmed. He is the other source aside from mine, that was mentioned in Billybae10K Billybae10K 's video, that we couldn't get into much detail about other than mentioning him, for his and his source's safety sake obviously. His source clearly is some BIG deal for getting so many things right and now TWEWY2, which he heard back in freaking 2018.

Golden Sun's return coming closer, slowly, but coming… till whenever the hell they decided to finally announce it.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Last time Zippo got anything right (that i know of) was when he said Mewtwo was coming to Smash 4.

That was...........5 years ago.
Actually you're wrong, that was SIX years ago at this point. M2 got revealed in the 50 fact extravaganza.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
So what this guy says is fake?
No so much false, but it's not at all 100% true either at best. At best there's an element here that is true. It is possible that Camelot has a part in an upcoming sports game, but it could be like Sports Superstars, where their involvement is minimal save for just providing golf/tennis/whatever, and then another party does the entire rest of the game, like Namco. This lets Camelot have another game coming as well, since they weren't putting in much for the sports game, and their other one has had almost three years now.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Last time Zippo got anything right (that i know of) was when he said Mewtwo was coming to Smash 4.

That was...........5 years ago.
And what kind of 'leak' was that exactly? Was it "Mewtwo is coming to SSB4" or was it "Mewtwo didn't make the base-game, but will be DLC". If it's the former, anyone could have said that. If it's the latter, there might be something there. Might. And the timing of when it was said is also important.

Regardless, I'm certainly still worried about a sports title. While I don't think this "leaker" is reliable based off of what was said here, it does not mean it still won't happen.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
And what kind of 'leak' was that exactly? Was it "Mewtwo is coming to SSB4" or was it "Mewtwo didn't make the base-game, but will be DLC". If it's the former, anyone could have said that. If it's the latter, there might be something there. Might. And the timing of when it was said is also important.

Regardless, I'm certainly still worried about a sports title. While I don't think this "leaker" is reliable based off of what was said here, it does not mean it still won't happen.
I wouldn't worry about Golden Sun not coming back.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What’s Zippos credibility at right now?

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Not only is Zippo's credibility in the absolute garbage can, but we have so many reasons to believe the exact opposite of what he's saying I'm almost tempted to believe it's an attempt at reverse psychology. Multiple sources, including Drake, NaZ's source, and at least one other, have said with certainty that Camelot's next game is not Golf. In addition, multiple sources have stated that Golden Sun is coming, in addition to the literal legal evidence we have that something related to Golden Sun is in the works.

In addition, I don't think people realize that Camelot doesn't do "Mario Sports": they do Golf and Tennis only. Even their non-Nintendo sports games been golf/tennis. Camelot contributed tennis and golf to Mario Sports Superstars, but they've never been the primary developer on a "Mario Sports" game (Square Enix and Bandai Namco have) and I see no reason they'd start now. Even if a new "Mario Sports" game was in development with golf/tennis support from Camelot, that really doesn't explain the 2.5-year absence Camelot seems to have taken. Developing two small parts of a game (with an engine already made for one that can be easily modified into the other) does not take two years, Camelot wouldn't even need to have their primary staff do the work.

Top Bottom