• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
There's a chance it could be out today, but the video's currently sitting at around 50 minutes long, so it's been taking a lot of work on my end to edit up. It'll be up when it's up, pretty much.
As someone who has struggled to open Premiere this month when Genshin Impact is RIGHT THERE, I feel the pain. For one of my videos, I went on Fiverr and hired a random teenager in Morocco to edit a video for me. Best $20 I ever spent.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
As someone who has struggled to open Premiere this month when Genshin Impact is RIGHT THERE, I feel the pain. For one of my videos, I went on Fiverr and hired a random teenager in Morocco to edit a video for me. Best $20 I ever spent.
Wait it's that easy to find work as an editor ? oO

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Wait it's that easy to find work as an editor ? oO
I have no idea, but it's that easy to find an editor as a content creator.

Video editing is a primo skill in today's economy, and most everything doesn't need a savant editor with tons of experience. Youtube ain't the Academy Awards. It's not even a television commercial. There just needs to be something on screen that matches what the person is saying. Sure, good editing will stand out, but I guarantee a large part of what you watch is just B-roll video game footage that matches the topic being discussed. That's usually plenty enough.

But the thing is, it's a quantity-driven business. There's just so much to edit, even in a tame video, and it just takes so much effing time. Like seriously, I would bet Billy's 50 minute video took AT LEAST 15 hours of finding footage, music, graphics, editing. So when it can be done 100% remotely, outsourcing it seems smarter and smarter for anyone in charge of a channel/brand of a reasonable size. Most every big channel and Smash streamer has a dedicated editor and it's just another business expense that they can recoup with big view numbers/subs.

Don't even get me started on anime content, and 10 second clips and green Simpsons, jfc.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I have no idea, but it's that easy to find an editor as a content creator.

Video editing is a primo skill in today's economy, and most everything doesn't need a savant editor with tons of experience. Youtube ain't the Academy Awards. It's not even a television commercial. There just needs to be something on screen that matches what the person is saying. Sure, good editing will stand out, but I guarantee a large part of what you watch is just B-roll video game footage that matches the topic being discussed. That's usually plenty enough.

But the thing is, it's a quantity-driven business. There's just so much to edit, even in a tame video, and it just takes so much effing time. Like seriously, I would bet Billy's 50 minute video took AT LEAST 15 hours of finding footage, music, graphics, editing. So when it can be done 100% remotely, outsourcing it seems smarter and smarter for anyone in charge of a channel/brand of a reasonable size. Most every big channel and Smash streamer has a dedicated editor and it's just another business expense.

Don't even get me started on anime content, and 10 second clips and green Simpsons, jfc.
Can confirm, edit-wise, if you take into account scripting, research, compiling various footage from different games,editing it together, rendering it, etc, it can take a long time. As an editor, there's also the motivation factor - For YouTubers, you're your own boss, and if you're having a bad day, motivation to get that footage, or those sequences, edited, can really slow you down.

I sometimes have days where I can smash out a well edited RTC in 24 hours, but then sometimes, like the Episode I just released, I'll have multiple days where the editing just isn't coming. I don't blame any YouTubers that decide to just hire an editor, though I do enjoy editing at the best of times, so I wouldn't want to hand that job to anyone else.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Yeah I know how motivation can hurt going to the editing room... kinda killed my projects xD (though, I actually liked editing when i managed to get to it)

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I have an entire video that I scripted and recorded in early August that I haven't finished. Heck, forget finished, I haven't even started on editing. Trying to put together things for a portfolio and my god is this an arduous process.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
There's a chance it could be out today, but the video's currently sitting at around 50 minutes long, so it's been taking a lot of work on my end to edit up. It'll be up when it's up, pretty much.
Thanks for making it happen! If you want to see for yourselves, here's a link to Isaac's segment. Not gonna be news for anyone who's been following Isaac, but still, always fun to see Billy's enthusiasm for the character. Heck, just seeing the gameplay footage in the background made me want to play the games again! 😅

ZelDan

Smash Master
Thanks for making it happen! If you want to see for yourselves, here's a link to Isaac's segment. Not gonna be news for anyone who's been following Isaac, but still, always fun to see Billy's enthusiasm for the character. Heck, just seeing the gameplay footage in the background made me want to play the games again! 😅
Really? I for one have no interest in revisiting the GS games.

Playing them would make playing the remakes of the first 2 games feel redundant afterall. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Really? I for one have no interest in revisiting the GS games.

Playing them would make playing the remakes of the first 2 games feel redundant afterall. :4pacman:
After recent events I hope they really are remakes and not ports only available for a limited time before being thrown back into the Nintendo Vault.

ZelDan

Smash Master
After recent events I hope they really are remakes and not ports only available for a limited time before being thrown back into the Nintendo Vault.
To be fair, it's not like Golden Sun isn't used to rotting in the Nintendo vault at this point. >_>

But to be serious, I haven't been following the trademark stuff as much as other people, but is there anything about it that leaves room to think it could just be simple ports and not remakes...or is there really anyway to tell that in them first place?

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet
Thanks, Billy! I just saw it was online. Just to clarify, I wasn't rushing you, just wanted to know how you were going with the video as I enjoy your content (specially if involves anything about GS).

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
To be fair, it's not like Golden Sun isn't used to rotting in the Nintendo vault at this point. >_>

But to be serious, I haven't been following the trademark stuff as much as other people, but is there anything about it that leaves room to think it could just be simple ports and not remakes...or is there really anyway to tell that in them first place?
Well, the trademark basically covers anything new using the "Golden Sun" trademark, so it could technically be a port, but the Virtual Console releases of TBS and TLA didn't get a new trademark. It's highly unlikely that this anything but a new game (remake or sequel).

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913

Extremely unlikely. This trademark was filed back in 2018, so if it was for a port, we should have seen it by now.

As for the Dark Dawn trademark, THAT could feasibly be a port.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I have an entire video that I scripted and recorded in early August that I haven't finished. Heck, forget finished, I haven't even started on editing. Trying to put together things for a portfolio and my god is this an arduous process.
Since everyone is chatting about video editing, I can say that even audio editing for Animations takes awhile too depending on the length. Over the course of 5 days it took me 11 hours to edit just 4 minutes of audio with voice acting and sound effects for that Isaac for smash animation next week. I finally finished it today but that was after a whopping 6 Hour session of fine tuning and editing the final third. Motivation really can be tough for us creators but the satisfaction of a finished video beats any Good Grade I get in College these days.

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet
Well, the trademark basically covers anything new using the "Golden Sun" trademark, so it could technically be a port, but the Virtual Console releases of TBS and TLA didn't get a new trademark. It's highly unlikely that this anything but a new game (remake or sequel).
Also, I can't see how they can spend 2 years working in a port of two GBA games. I feel it's at least a remaster, with some QoL additions.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
1:1 ports don't get new trademarks. Certainly games ported to NSO haven't, as proof of that. I mean, it's pure logic, why pay twice for the SAME product's protection? you only renew the trademark that already protects that untouched product. You only need new ones for totally new products ( and yes obviously that includes remasters and remakes, because they are not the identical version of the original).

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
The only reason people still speculate that the trademark could mean "Oh, it's a port" is that people don't want to put out the hope that something new is on the way for a 10-year-hiatus franchise. Which I get, of course, nobody wants to get burned - But that also won't stop the internal screaming every time someone brings that potential up and we have to say the same thing again in regards to how it isn't a port.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
The only reason people still speculate that the trademark could mean "Oh, it's a port" is that people don't want to put out the hope that something new is on the way for a 10-year-hiatus franchise. Which I get, of course, nobody wants to get burned - But that also won't stop the internal screaming every time someone brings that potential up and we have to say the same thing again in regards to how it isn't a port.
If it's the 10 years that's unbelievable there are some recent examples of games that have come back after such a long period. Rune Factory 4 was released in 2013 and got an enhanced port in 2020 and a new title in RF5 still set to release. Fable 3 was released in 2010 and got a teaser trailer for a new title a few months ago as well.

I think most of the stigma and pessimism has been shaped from how the Nintendo community handles series because of Smash. I remember reading comments calling Golden Sun dead in pre Smash 4 days, 2013 where the series was like three years old at the time. It's crazy already having to deal with that argument, all because of how people are so quick to shut down your preferred character and make them seem impossible in favor of newer series that have released in the last year, especially with how Nintendo went about marketing Smash 4 with the website advertisement to Wii U/3DS.

Given that Golden Sun tends to be talked about the most during Smash cycles, it's just constant negativity regarding the series and it's possibility to return that even something like the trademark seems too good to be true for some. Despite the pessimism surrounding the series return, it is pretty hard to think this is one big bamboozle especially learning from in here the time, effort, and expense in making an entitely new trademark for a series just for nothing new to come of it.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Meaning even translated ports don't need new trademarks. More evidence that the new GS trademark is going to be something new, even for the case of GS Dark Dawn.

Thank you for the info!
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, with the new languages showing up on the trademark and all that.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Basically the trademark holder for the Fire Emblem trademark is Intelligent Systems. That means that they manage the brand fully, like how HAL manages Kirby and TPC manages Pokemon

This is a possible reason why we keep getting FE characters; because IS as a valued partner Nintendo wants to help grow

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Basically the trademark holder for the Fire Emblem trademark is Intelligent Systems. That means that they manage the brand fully, like how HAL manages Kirby and TPC manages Pokemon

This is a possible reason why we keep getting FE characters; because IS as a valued partner Nintendo wants to help grow
You'd think that would make it logistically harder, since they need to negotiate with IS, even if the conclusion is foregone, whereas they own Golden Sun/Isaac fully so they could just say boys he's in.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
You'd think that would make it logistically harder, since they need to negotiate with IS, even if the conclusion is foregone, whereas they own Golden Sun/Isaac fully so they could just say boys he's in.
Them owning the brand doesn't mean they own the IP

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Extremely unlikely. This trademark was filed back in 2018, so if it was for a port, we should have seen it by now.

As for the Dark Dawn trademark, THAT could feasibly be a port.
I don't think the Dark Dawn is a port either, there have been declarations from different developers before on how hard it is to port DS games to Switch and how it would probably be easier to redo the whole thing (because of the dual screen system of the DS which Switch doesn't have). I wouldn't mind a port, however, but if they are remaking the first 2, it is probably easier to reuse assets from that one to build a DD remake

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I feel like Golden Sun 1 and 2 are going to get the full remake treatment as a full priced retail release while Dark Dawn would be a HD remaster with some improvements to the games issues on the eshop. At the very least having the first three games easily accessible on the Switch before they get to GS4 would be a smart move

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Nah, if you're remaking the first two games in potentially a completely different style, you need to also remake Dark Dawn to accommodate to that style, otherwise there'd be an obvious tonal imbalance. The Dark Dawn assets are fairly dated now, I think the game deserves just as much of an overhaul as the first two games are hopefully getting.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Nah, if you're remaking the first two games in potentially a completely different style, you need to also remake Dark Dawn to accommodate to that style, otherwise there'd be an obvious tonal imbalance. The Dark Dawn assets are fairly dated now, I think the game deserves just as much of an overhaul as the first two games are hopefully getting.
Pretty much, this is why I doubt a DD remaster would even work these days. DS games are just pretty outdated to be getting remasters now. It would have to be a remake as well.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Well guys, I now got 72 hours to complete the Isaac for smash Animatic and I am going to have to crunch most likely to get it done on time. I just want to let you all know that I want this video to really be the best cause out of all gaming communities I have ever been in, I really did grow up with this one. I can't ever forget how fun it was in those two months of August and September when Hype for smash ultimate and Isaac was at an all time high and even though we did get done dirty, its admirable how we kept our voices going even after almost two years. So I am going to pour my soul into the production cause I want to express my thanks to all the other adepts for keeping up the fight. I never would have discovered my favorite GBA RPGS besides Pokemon had it not been for this fandom. So I will give it my best and wish me luck bros!

Top Bottom