• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Mhm - Venus Lighthouse may be the final dungeon of the first game, but given you've already gone through Mercury Lighthouse by that point in the game, it's not really a spoiler location - Moreso a location you know you have to go to from the outset.

Of course, if I had my way, the stage would be Isaac's Roof in Vale, and the gimmick would be the floor just breaks randomly in spots, no warning, get dunked on nerds if you fall.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Mhm - Venus Lighthouse may be the final dungeon of the first game, but given you've already gone through Mercury Lighthouse by that point in the game, it's not really a spoiler location - Moreso a location you know you have to go to from the outset.

Of course, if I had my way, the stage would be Isaac's Roof in Vale, and the gimmick would be the floor just breaks randomly in spots, no warning, get dunked on nerds if you fall.
That's... actually a good idea! Ok, let's have both. :)

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet
That's... actually a good idea! Ok, let's have both. :)
What about something like the stage from Byleth? It starts at Vale in Isaac house's roof, then Mercury lighthouse, then Venus, Jupiter and lastly Mars lighthouse.

I know, is a lot of work for developers, but one can dream, right?

D

Deleted member

Huh. Good points all around here. Maybe they will pick Venus Lighthouse after all.

Speaking of which, isn't that the Golden Sun Stage in Super Smash Flash 2? If so, how is it? Because I vaguely remember not being impressed by it once upon a time.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Apologies if this was discussed before. I just can't look back through 1100 pages =P

The most suggested Golden Sun stage idea I've seen is Venus Lighthouse. Isn't that the final dungeon of the first game? I think it is and that makes he hesitant to believe they'll use it if Isaac gets in.

I'm thinking they'll use the Sol Sanctum instead.
While they tend to pick early parts of games for stages, there's also exceptions, such as Fountain of Dreams or New Pork City.

Not to mention The Lost Age starts in Venus Lighthouse.

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Do you think if the project is golden sun 1 and 2 hd, they'll add things that make it more like the single game it was meant to be back in the day?

Like flash over to the other group after major events? Learn about Felix and saturos in mercury, or how Isaac and co got to the other side of the world?

D

Deleted member

Yeah. The spoiler things definitely not an issue as I now realize.

But do you guys think the stage WOULD be Venus Lighthouse? Or would it be something else?

D

Deleted member

Golden Sun has a lot of beautiful landscapes, all 4 lighthouses, Vale, and lots of cities. Sky is the limit.
Now that I realize the spoiler thing isn't a problem, I think Apollo Sanctum from Dark Dawn has some potential as a stage.

Then again Dark Dawn doesn't seem to be as fondly remembered as the first two.

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet
Now that I realize the spoiler thing isn't a problem, I think Apollo Sanctum from Dark Dawn has some potential as a stage.

Then again Dark Dawn doesn't seem to be as fondly remembered as the first two.
Actually, now that you bring DD to the table, maybe there could be three scenarios, one from every game (GS, GS TLA and GS DD). Maybe like Byleth stage.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
do you guys think the stage WOULD be Venus Lighthouse?
Ya. I know some people hate the word nowadays, but it's probably the most "iconic" location in the game (though some cases have been made for a few others). Plus it just translates so naturally into a Smash stage while still having the potential for interesting mechanics like splitting down the middle when the beacon is lit.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Great, I think that parody song is in my head. lol

For the longest time, Venus Lighthouse has been my go to Stage for Isaac. Over the years, however, Ive come to like other ideas like Sol Sanctum/Elemental Star Room, The Colosseum, and more. Whatever stage they use, I trust that Sakurai and his team will make it great!

DrakeHavok

Smash Cadet
I'll be honest, I've always kinda not been on board with having just Venus Lighthouse as the Golden Sun stage. Not because it doesn't make sense, but because I can't really see what it could do aside from splitting apart, and maybe also quaking and causing players to trip when they touch the floor, and neither really seems that interesting to me. The splitting isn't unique anymore with the Midgar stage and isn't very threatening besides, and the quaking thing would just artificially extend the length of the match at best, while screwing over characters with weaker aerial games (which, if Isaac wound up being a more grounded character as most suspect/expect he would, means he would be less effective on his own stage) at worst. I guess maybe the quaking could instead cause small damage to anyone on the ground and/or make it impossible to grab ledges (as a reference to Sheba and Felix falling off the side at the end of the first game), but I'm not sure how much better that would be.

I suppose another possibility for a stage hazard would be bringing in Saturos/Menardi/Fusion Dragon, but that reminds me too much of the stage bosses from 4 and I don't think very many people liked those. I know I didn't.

This is partially why, if we got a lighthouse stage, I would want it to either rotate between all four or randomly select one to stick with at the start, so that the stage could have multiple effects that wouldn't all be as divisive as the quakes. That said, there are some other locations I think would be pretty awesome as well, such as Sol Sanctum (specifically the Elemental Star Chamber), any (or all) of the Elemental Ayers Rocks from Lost Age, the Opera House from Dark Dawn (and the advertising for the first game), or even some more... spoilery locations from Dark Dawn (mainly the Apollo Lens).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I suppose another possibility for a stage hazard would be bringing in Saturos/Menardi/Fusion Dragon, but that reminds me too much of the stage bosses from 4 and I don't think very many people liked those. I know I didn't.
And while they still may not see any tournament usage, we still haven't gotten anything super complex for a new stage. No stage bosses like you said, and there's no successor to Temple/New Pork City/Palutena's Temple/Great Cave Offensive.

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
The later half of this video has some good insights into how we should be looking at tweets from sakurai and how and if he is actually hinting at things. (We can apply this to the Rathalos tweet)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Goddamn I just knew as soon as that image with the two clocks showed up Smash fans would go crazy over it.

Poor Sakurai just wants to show some zany/creative pictures...
Sometimes I think the fans care more about Sakurai's health than Sakurai himself.

But then we get things like OMG CLOCKS IT'S JUST LIKE N. TROPY

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Replying to my old post about my theory, my Sound test voice theory got things right for the fighters pass 1, Terry filled in one empty voice spot and Byleth and his female alt filled in 2 empty voice spots.

Now there are currently 5 empty voice slots in the voice clip section of the sound test menu as of 9.0.0 and since Steve/Alex/Zombie/Enderman doesn't have a voice, this means we are most likely getting a fighter with a different character/opposite gender alt with a different voice in the fighters pass vol. 2 but there is still a chance that we may not get one.
Isaac and Felix hehehe...

SPEN18

Smash Lord
the fact that the minute and hour hands are switched on one of those clocks makes me much more skeptical of it

but as PapaGenos says in the video, even if it is a reference to Crash it might not mean he's coming to Smash

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It's amazing to me that after 2 years, people haven't learned that sakurai doesn't hint anything. He just like to make gaming references. It's delusion at its finest at this point. We moved on from that when we fell for it with rathalos in 2018, let's not go back to making 2 years old mistakes lol

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Though I can see some precedent in believing that Sakurai could be hinting at something. Since there was the time Sakurai tweeted a replica of the Monado sword at an event he was attending and there were the usual, 'Shulk confirmed!' comments. Then Shulk does end up getting revealed a whole year later from the date of that tweet.

Of course it just goes to show one instance doesn't make a pattern and that was a special case. Though given the extent Sakurai went to make sure, 'Everyone Is Here!' didn't leak. I'm more inclined to believe Sakurai would rather everyone be kept guessing and surprised on who the next FP character could be. Rather than give out vague hints that will reveal the character early.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Aren't you the guy who couldn't be arsed to go into the Lloyd thread to learn why people like Lloyd? And now you come here all high and mighty spouting wild (and, oops, also inaccurate) claims and telling people to look them up by themselves. Hypocrite much?
Wait... none of my claims were inaccurate (though, ironically, you dont quote anything yourself, and I doubt you will right now, quite frankly).
And yes, I come to this thread to support Isaac. I'll go as far as to say majority of claims on Smashboards are made without citation, which can be seen looking through almost any thread. So yes, being told suddenly I'm the one who is supposed to oppose the norm, in an Isaac support thread off of a passive claim about Lloyd- yes. Yes, it's ridiculous.

The double standards on this forum are ridiculous.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Wait... none of my claims were inaccurate (though, ironically, you dont quote anything yourself, and I doubt you will right now, quite frankly).
And yes, I come to this thread to support Isaac. I'll go as far as to say majority of claims on Smashboards are made without citation, which can be seen looking through almost any thread. So yes, being told suddenly I'm the one who is supposed to oppose the norm, in an Isaac support thread off of a passive claim about Lloyd- yes. Yes, it's ridiculous.

The double standards on this forum are ridiculous.
I do not know what you did, but you're causing a fuss here. Please stop doing that. It seems like you just got unbanned from a ban, no need to start it again.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
On a side note I wonder what Isaac would sound like with a proper voice. I could see him sounding like an anime protagonist. Felix however looks like he'd have a deep ass voice.
I've kinda grown to picture Isaac as a bit more subdued and grounded than the standard shonen protagonist, mostly because the other characters I've come to arbitrarily associate him with, Sora and Lloyd, are pretty shonen already and we need a sane person. Perhaps a bit quieter, but not overly so.
They're both fairly young, right? Maybe not that deep. Still, I'd imagine Felix would be a fair bit deeper than Isaac.

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Though imagine Nintendo going for the super big brain play. Not only do we get GS 1 and 2 together but we also get both protagonists in Smash.
This really isn't that unlikely. If the supposed golden sun remake is real, I can see them announcing it and showing off that you will have two parties with two main characters in the game.

Then having both of them in smash together would sell the idea even more. Plus it would also be very easy to implement as they could easily share the same move set, model, and animations based on their gameplay and art..

Plus wouldn't this be a neat way to represent all GS1 and GS2 characters in smash:

I would be shocked if this isn't what happens.

amageish

Smash Master
It's amazing to me that after 2 years, people haven't learned that sakurai doesn't hint anything. He just like to make gaming references. It's delusion at its finest at this point. We moved on from that when we fell for it with rathalos in 2018, let's not go back to making 2 years old mistakes lol
I swear sometimes people see Speculation as an ARG... Like, sure, sometimes things can be deduced from incomplete data, but this isn't a game show where Sakurai drops cryptic clues... It's just sometimes trademarks are public and leftover data can be datamined...

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
So I came across something pretty interesting from a Papageno video. It’s called Voice Theory and it was proven true with the last Fighters Pass. And it’s pretty simple.

So basically after Piranha Plant was added, there were 9 extra voice clip slots added. People assumed it meant nothing but by the end of FP1: Joker took 1, Hero took 4, Banjo took 1, Terry took 1 and Byleth took 2. So all 9 slots were taken.

So now we look at FP2 and after Min Min, 5 more voice slots were added which at first didn’t mean anything, but neither Steve or his alts have voice clips so they didn’t take a slot. So now we know at least one of the DLC characters will need at least two different voices. Personally I believe a male and female Monster Hunter will use two slots, but considering we are talking about possibly getting Isaac with a Felix alt, this gives us a little hope for both of them.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So I came across something pretty interesting from a Papageno video. It’s called Voice Theory and it was proven true with the last Fighters Pass. And it’s pretty simple.

So basically after Piranha Plant was added, there were 9 extra voice clip slots added. People assumed it meant nothing but by the end of FP1: Joker took 1, Hero took 4, Banjo took 1, Terry took 1 and Byleth took 2. So all 9 slots were taken.

So now we look at FP2 and after Min Min, 5 more voice slots were added which at first didn’t mean anything, but neither Steve or his alts have voice clips so they didn’t take a slot. So now we know at least one of the DLC characters will need at least two different voices. Personally I believe a male and female Monster Hunter will use two slots, but considering we are talking about possibly getting Isaac with a Felix alt, this gives us a little hope for both of them.
Oh yeah, the newcomer thread picked up on that a while ago. Aside from the obvious choice of Monster Hunter, it's entirely possible we could get another silent character like the Minecraft crew, allowing for a second character with separate voice tracks.

It's fun to talk about, but it's pretty vague. Don't think we'll be able to squeeze too much out of it until a bit later.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Look, if Isaac did actually come, and Felix came with him as a full-blown alt, with different voice clips, that would be mind-blowing. I don't usually like alts and would like for Felix to become an Echo in the sequel, but to be afforded that level of fanservice, damn...

I swear sometimes people see Speculation as an ARG... Like, sure, sometimes things can be deduced from incomplete data, but this isn't a game show where Sakurai drops cryptic clues... It's just sometimes trademarks are public and leftover data can be datamined...
Would be cool if it were though, no one can deny that.

Top Bottom