• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
Oh okay so the new Mario SPorts is not developped by Camelot that's a very good thing in fact.

And i think it was Tales Of Arise the name of the new Tales Of being developped? So yeah the man could be working on it. Maybe the remake of Demon Souls? Since he has done if i remeber the tracks for Dark Souls.

Anyways that's a good track for Steve ! I tried him a few minutes ago and i totally love it. Not used yet to the blocks placement thing but it sure is fun to play ^^
Another project he's working right now is the suikoden reboot. He was listed as one of the composers in the kickstarter page. And obvioulsy he's working in the new Camelot game, he always does.
I doubt he's related to Demon Souls. The remake is developed by Bluepoint (a west studio) and he didn't took part in the original one, so I doubt he would remix some tracks.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Oh okay so the new Mario SPorts is not developped by Camelot that's a very good thing in fact.

And i think it was Tales Of Arise the name of the new Tales Of being developped? So yeah the man could be working on it. Maybe the remake of Demon Souls? Since he has done if i remeber the tracks for Dark Souls.

Anyways that's a good track for Steve ! I tried him a few minutes ago and i totally love it. Not used yet to the blocks placement thing but it sure is fun to play ^^
Most likely not by Camelot. The most Camelot has done with a "Mario Sports" game was to collaborate somewhat in its development, but it was mainly made by Namco still, which doesn't justify the amount of time they are taking this time around to make their next game, AT ALL, specially with assets they already have from Aces and such… plus it's a sport game and they never take this long to be developed, or even announced, we would have seen it by now already. The trademark for it just appearing now means that it's just starting to be made, and it's most likely, as usual, by some third party, like most of the "Mario Sports" titles were done by Square enix for example. Camelot has already been working for something since shortly after Aces was done.

Tales of Arise yeah it's the new one but who knows freaking when that's gonna happen 😞 they keep not giving new trailers or news at all about it, instead they have focused entirely in marketing that Scarlet Nexus game that JUST got announced this year. It's infuriating lol.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Speaking of the Golden Sun game. How far do we think it's been delayed? I was thinking a full year into the next holiday season with an announcement at E3 and a Corrin style Smash reveal. Aside from The lost Age, the other two Golden Sun games have been released more towards the end of the year. There's already some 3rd party games announced for summer on the Switch and Nintendo chose not to shadow drop Golden Sun as of yet. So it may still be a ways off from debut. Anyways I'll just assume it'll be released in the same time span as the aforementioned GS titles and be relatively surprised if it's earlier.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Sorry man, but I call bull'. No way to know that much, that far ahead.
Plus I doubt there'd be such a thing as "AT focused pass". Unless it's advertised as such and all characters are revealed in advance. I think AT character will just happen in pass2 (and 3 if we do get one) out of "nowhere", just because they got selected and that's it.

I mean, you hadn't heard of the GS remake before, and now you claim to have insider exclusive info with tons of details lol
Dendros looks sus, I'm voting for him.

Little Hero Town, I believe. Promptly flopped, most likely because of the complete lack of advertising.
And because it was bad.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Speaking of the Golden Sun game. How far do we think it's been delayed? I was thinking a full year into the next holiday season with an announcement at E3 with a Corrin style Smash reveal. Aside from The lost Age, the other two Golden Sun games have been released more towards the end of the year. There's already some 3rd party games announced for summer on the Switch and Nintendo chose not to shadow drop Golden Sun as of yet. So it may still be a ways off from debut. Anyways I'll just assume it'll be released in the same time span as the aforementioned GS titles and be relatively surprised if it's earlier.
The equation of what we know and don't know makes it hard to say… We know Camelot wouldn't half ass it + we don't know how ambitious of a project they are making this be specially if it's indeed the first 2 games in 1 + we don't know how long it takes them to make a GS game these days specially with how pretty they can make one, we just don't have a reference to go by… + we only know they have somewhat experience with making switch games with Aces, so that kinda helps of course… And then there's the damn fact of the pandemic hitting japan, and they are in no other place but Tokyo, one of the main cities that obviously got hit hard… and they are a small company so who knows how they have been handling this year working on it, specially when seeing the rest of Nintendo still working from home still at this date.

My hope, based on just how long they have already been working on it, is that it won't be by much. IF it was meant to be for this year, it depends on when the pandemic hit them during its development, if it was already on late phases of it then we could be lucky that it's just for a few months like most games have been delayed this year. If they still had way more stuff to make and was all slowed down then sadly i don't know how much we could be waiting, but what I know for sure is that by March 2021 it will be one year since the trademark got approved, which means it's one year off the 10 years of a life span a trademark has, and they are not gonna like wasting a whole year of it doing nothing with its product, lol, so my hopes is that they at least get to release it or announce it before then, personally.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Now Steve will learn the ways of the Venus Adept. lol

As Nazyrus Nazyrus said, for Nintendo to just throw away money on a new GS Trademark for nothing makes zero sense. Golden Sun IS coming! Just, when is it coming exactly? Still love it to be December, but I can wait for next year which means more dev time on it. Just would love an announcement at least.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
The fact that Dark Dawn got a new trademark this year, makes me think the project is advancing rather well. Well enough for Nintendo to decide wether or not they would want to support more Golden Sun games in the future (if both trademark refer to different games, could be a Dark Dawn remake and they made a new DD afterward, but then the point still stands 'cause it would mean it's getting closer to completion).

If I'm right, it could be that Camelot could show a rather advanced product (not done, but advanced enough) that convinced Nintendo of the potential to prepare the groundwork to start working on another game remake/port. Plus, if we do get a DD remake as well, this time they'll be able to reuse a lot of assets so it should be released sooner too.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of the Golden Sun game. How far do we think it's been delayed?
I don’t know if there is any truth behind this so take this with a heavy amount of salt.

Around the time Pikmin 3 Deluxe was announced, there were a lot of people claiming an insider said everything being developed by Nintendo’s studios has been delayed 4-7 months. Of course it’s near impossible to confirm this as Nintendo normally doesn’t announce dates until a game is close to release. The only thing we have that could point to this being true was the Mario 35th website having an event dated for this past April when the website launched in September.

If I’m remembering correctly, I believe Nazyrus Nazyrus source was claiming a possible announcement or release in November (please correct me if I misunderstood this). So I would say we might get an announcement sometime around March and possibly a release in June.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I don’t know if there is any truth behind this so take this with a heavy amount of salt.

Around the time Pikmin 3 Deluxe was announced, there were a lot of people claiming an insider said everything being developed by Nintendo’s studios has been delayed 4-7 months. Of course it’s near impossible to confirm this as Nintendo normally doesn’t announce dates until a game is close to release. The only thing we have that could point to this being true was the Mario 35th website having an event dated for this past April when the website launched in September.

If I’m remembering correctly, I believe Nazyrus Nazyrus source was claiming a possible announcement or release in November (please correct me if I misunderstood this). So I would say we might get an announcement sometime around March and possibly a release in June.
We don't know if it was either release or announcement, he only was told "golden sun hd november" but that was back in april, still in the middle of the pandemic hitting hard. Since then we have learned of delays left and right with almost every game in general, hell even NMH3 got delayed without even having an official release date. That's why I was never banking on the month part ever since i heard it, there was no way it was a solid date way back then. Recently we agreed (my source and I ) that it's definitely a 2021 thing at this point regardless. It's the most healthy stance to take atm.

Last edited:

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet

Now Steve will learn the ways of the Venus Adept. lol

As Nazyrus Nazyrus said, for Nintendo to just throw away money on a new GS Trademark for nothing makes zero sense. Golden Sun IS coming! Just, when is it coming exactly? Still love it to be December, but I can wait for next year which means more dev time on it. Just would love an announcement at least.
Well, Steve is already a Venus adept. He can summon blocks below him. Maybe because he was practicing with Isaac behind doors?

In a more serious note, as Nazyrus Nazyrus pointed out, Nintendo can both announce the remaster/remake by November or December this year. But can also happen on 2021. All we know, thanks to Nazyrus Nazyrus amazing work (thank you, man!), is that the game/s is/are coming. Sooner or later, but is coming. All I ask is a collector's edition, I would buy it no question ask (like with FFVII Remake).

EDIT: also, 2021 is the 20th anniversary of GS. Is the perfect moment to make a comeback!

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Well, Steve is already a Venus adept. He can summon blocks below him. Maybe because he was practicing with Isaac behind doors?

In a more serious note, as Nazyrus Nazyrus pointed out, Nintendo can both announce the remaster/remake by November or December this year. But can also happen on 2021. All we know, thanks to Nazyrus Nazyrus amazing work (thank you, man!), is that the game/s is/are coming. Sooner or later, but is coming. All I ask is a collector's edition, I would buy it no question ask (like with FFVII Remake).

EDIT: also, 2021 is the 20th anniversary of GS. Is the perfect moment to make a comeback!
I would give anything to have an official set of djinn statues or plushies

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

I can only really take credit for the source of mine part, since the trademark research was mostly done by NessAtc. NessAtc. and others, I was only more of a messenger spreading the word of the findings of it overall, and keeping in check how the trademark was going on until it got approved lol.

Even if we were to ignore my source from hearing it, and just take in consideration the thing he told me last december about Mario Golf never being a thing in development around then... everything we know so far and the lack of legal evidence of anything mario sport in the past years where clearly Camelot has been working on something already is pretty telling lol, and then the mario direct showing nothing sport related in their plans for literally like 6 months after that mario direct aired...

If we consider that Camelot might have started planning around late 2017 (hiroyuki takahashi was the project planner up until december 2017) and then started working on their next game once Aces went gold or something… it's been easily like 2 years and half, more or less?… that they have been working on their next thing.

Aces came out a year after Mario Sports Superstars (the game that was made by Namco with just collaboration of Camelot), so Camelot clearly was focusing already on developing Aces at that point since they were just doing a small collaboration with Namco. There's no way Camelot is fully working on the next Mario Sports game if the trademark JUST appeared now, since the development for that must be in early stages at the moment.

The longest gaps I see in front of me while checking Camelot's list of releases on wikipedia, is 2 years between "some" of their sport games, and it's been way longer than that already by now, way longer… and again, that completely aligns now with my source telling me back in December 2019 that Golf wasn't even in development, and the fact that nothing about a sport game was revealed for the upcoming 6 months until spring 2021, at all. Funny right?

That would mean that by March 2021 (when spring begins) 2 years and 8 months will have passed, or something like that… That's just ridiculous of a wait for a next mario sport game as it is, pandemic or not lol, a sport game would have been in final phases of development in 2020 already and a delay wouldn't have affected it being announced in the Mario direct regardless, since it would have still been close enough to finishing development to put out a trailer for it already. Nevermind the fact that they got assets to work with now and speed things up for future mario sport type of games.

And again, no freaking Golf trademark or anything, just a Sports trademark that recently appeared just a few months ago, and knowing how long those take to get approved, and the development of such thing having just started recently, then yeah… we can write that off as Camelot's next thing, EVEN if they collaborate on that one as well as they did with Superstars, it doesn't justify the 2 and half years that have already passed with them working on SOMETHING… and the only "something" with legal evidence appearing just a few months after Aces release, was the new Golden Sun trademark… Honestly it's simple math in the end, sources totally aside.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I was thinking about the potentail reveal of Isaac.

What if they made some reference to the speculation scene that occured before the launch of Smash?

It starts in an arena, where Link, Marth and Shulk are struggling against Rathalos...
I've had the arena scenario in my head when I think of Isaac's reveal as well. I feel like Link is definitely going to be in Isaac's trailer. He's been in both of the other rpg character reveal trailers, Marth may be there as well. If I don't see any rpg/swordsmen in the first few seconds, I usually think it's not going to be Isaac lol.

Then again his trailer could easily be Kirby playing around with a Djinn and then a monster is about to attack him and Isaac saves the day. So who knows lol.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I really hope that Isaac's trailer is sort of like Banjo's: a little nod to the character that fans will get (a Djinn, perhaps) to let them go wild and even more wild once the character is confirmed with the splash screen.
Also like Cloud's trailer where they had the music in the beginning. Literally if I see something like Kirby walking in grass and coming across a Djinn and playing with it for several seconds, I will be screaming nonstop. That build up to the characters actual reveal is so good!

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Also like Cloud's trailer where they had the music in the beginning. Literally if I see something like Kirby walking in grass and coming across a Djinn and playing with it for several seconds, I will be screaming nonstop. That build up to the characters actual reveal is so good!
Anything as long as it's not done like byleth lol that was such a terrible reveal… literally showing him right away.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Anything as long as it's not done like byleth lol that was such a terrible reveal… literally showing him right away.
Yeah, Byleth felt like a mid-Direct reveal. They make it look like new content, and then BAM, Smash... Except we already knew it was supposed to be Smash. Byleth had basically everything stacked against them, really.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
And on top of being revealed right away, it was such a slog to get to the splash screen reveal. My brother didn't know about Three Houses so he thought it was an animated version of Kylo Ren lol.

In comparison I like the cleverness of how Corrin's trailer was done. If only it was shown in a normal direct and seem like just another trailer for Fates only to be disguised as a Smash trailer reveal. So I also wouldn't mind if Isaac's trailer did a similar transition, a teaser trailer of a cutscene in the new game only to see Isaac's splash screen show up.

amageish

Smash Master
I mean... I think that was kind of the point? They knew people would be angry, so they focused the trailer on the gradual reveal of how they play with the weapon-switching and not on the character themselves. I think doing a grand reveal where Byleth jumped in to save the day would have just made the salt worse, honestly...

Isaac wouldn't have that problem, of course.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Primarily, because silhouette's have mattered to some variety since the start of the game. It's why we had Falco over Wolf,
I'm not buying that. I feel like we had Falco over Wolf for the same reason we had Luigi over Bowser.

I keep thinking it would be awesome to have a trailer with Pokemon Trainer trying to catch Flint and failing.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm not buying that. I feel like we had Falco over Wolf for the same reason we had Luigi over Bowser.
Falco's inclusion is due to him being the most popular Star Fox character on the "If There Was a Smash 2" poll, alongside having to cut corners in order for Melee to have twice the roster size of 64. It's not due to his silhouette.

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about the potentail reveal of Isaac.

What if they made some reference to the speculation scene that occured before the launch of Smash?

It starts in an arena, where Link, Marth and Shulk are struggling against Rathalos...
I still wonder about that scene sometimes, because it was so perfectly styled like a Golden Sun battle.

DrakeHavok

Smash Cadet
I still wonder about that scene sometimes, because it was so perfectly styled like a Golden Sun battle.
"lol, no, it's just a generic rpg angle, they all look like that, it doesn't have anything to with Isaac or Golden Sun."

...I'm sorry, it's just, I can't help but think of that infuriating nonsense when that picture gets brought up - to this day I still cannot tell if the people who were saying crap like that were trolling or genuinely unintelligent. But it really did look like a Golden Sun battle, so... did Sakurai do that by accident or something?

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman

I keep thinking it would be awesome to have a trailer with Pokemon Trainer trying to catch Flint and failing.
I always imagined Wario trying to eat a bunch of Olimar's pikmin, and as Olimar is pulling them out of the ground. He accidentally pulls a Venus Djinni . they stare at it for a second before it runs over to Isaac who saves the day

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
The Rathalos tweet didn't work in our favor back then for base game but I believe the amount of attention it brought Isaac was well worth it and made him a more dominant force in the speculation scene for Ultimate. In that sense I think it's going to have good effects in the long term
Interesting about that, someone on the Golden Sun reddit actually made a post where they were all, guys I don't think this was meant to hint at playable Isaac in Smash. I think it's hinting a future GS game. Of course you know the absolute madness in ever saying Golden Sun will see a new entry lol.

Seeing as we now know what the trademark has become some two years later. It sure would be something if all that craziness over the Ratholos tweet and attention it was bringing to Isaac and Golden Sun made Nintendo start the trademark process, cause if I'm not mistaken that tweet was the August direct and the trademark started in September, and it still seems crazy to me that Nintendo started this process at all even before we started our first campaign attempt with the letters.

Then again it's not like Nintendo ever put any ultimatum on Golden Sun it only stopped cause the developers wanted a bit of a breather.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I'd actually see Link trying to catch Flint or a djinn as if it was a fairy, then ending trying to solve a puzzle to get to it.
You actually gave me another idea. What if Link, who's no stranger to dungeons, finds himself in that very first dungeon in Golden Sun. And my memory is pretty shot so I don't remember if one had to actually be an adept to get entry into it or whatever lol. But let's say Link managed to get in. And he handles some stuff but it gets more dangerous the further he goes on and he's not really equipped to tackle this dungeon. Then cue something happens and Isaac saves him.

Or they have some characters in the mountains and recreate the boulder incident.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Wow it really is an interesting week regarding Motoi Sakuraba isn't it

LinkStrife

Smash Cadet

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Maaaaaaaaan

Maaaaaan
I don't think any of you need convincing that it's still possible, and I think at this point fan rules in general are going by the wayside in the speculation community at large, but if anybody does, these two things in the patch were what got me.
Everything is slowly falling into place
  1. The Trademark
  2. AT characters becoming more playable/ Not disproven to be considered for becoming playable (Arms rep reveal/ Bomberman)
  3. No new Mario golf game or Camelot game.
  4. The Rathalos tweet
  5. Ballot results and the information that characters were picked from the ballot.

this will lead up to an amazing reveal coming in a direct sometime between November and February.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You can go out and find the quotation- I'm not doing the homework. Honestly, I don't care to bombard the forum with the plethora of information shown to us indicating the importance Sakurai places on silhouette. Google shows it all. As does the result of the game.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
You can go out and find the quotation- I'm not doing the homework. Honestly, I don't care to bombard the forum with the plethora of information shown to us indicating the importance Sakurai places on silhouette. Google shows it all. As does the result of the game.
That’s not how anything works bruh! You made the claim so show your source or just drop it. No one is gonna do the homework for you.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I can see quotes on franchise distribution, "characters dancing" in his head, having a unique draw, having something only that character can do, displaying personality, but nothing about "silhouettes". Funny, if it's as important as you're saying it is, I would think it'd be in here.

Top Bottom