• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Guys, Sakuraba is doing the soundtrack for the Suikoden spiritual successor series. I mean, the man's still got it

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Guys, Sakuraba is doing the soundtrack for the Suikoden spiritual successor series. I mean, the man's still got it
Yep, and there's more too. This man has multiple games per year and we are finally starting to see some of them, and hopefully it doesn't stop there for 2020 :p

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
That's awesome, I love Suikoden! Konami failed by not continuing on with the series, especially when the mainline games were really getting intricate and good with V. (Let's not mention Tierkreis) This is really where kickstarter shines; funding some of the developers of a game to continue the legacy they wouldn't be able to do otherwise. This is something that wasn't possible back in the 90s or even 00s. Now if we could only get Golden Sun going again.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
That's awesome, I love Suikoden! Konami failed by not continuing on with the series, especially when the mainline games were really getting intricate and good with V. (Let's not mention Tierkreis) This is really where kickstarter shines; funding some of the developers of a game to continue the legacy they wouldn't be able to do otherwise. This is something that wasn't possible back in the 90s or even 00s. Now if we could only get Golden Sun going again.
Oh, is Suikoden 5 good? Never played it because I heard bad things about 4 and just wrote off the franchise. Suikoden 1-3 are some of my favorite RPGs ever (but I like Golden Sun better, of course)

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
If we are talking about Sakuraba's work, and if you don't know yet Resonance of Fate, let me introduce to you some of his work in this game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Haven't posted here in a while, but I just wanted to say, I'm still supporting Isaac in Smash (and a GS remake would be really cool).

Just gotta figure out how to beat Dullahan first though lol

ZelDan

Smash Master
Haven't posted here in a while, but I just wanted to say, I'm still supporting Isaac in Smash (and a GS remake would be really cool).

Ah yes Dullahan.

My plan always basically was "set all djinn off so I can spam summons and pray that both they are enough to kill him and that he doesn't use djinn storm or whatever move resets your djinn"

and it works...eventually...after a number of resets... >_>

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

I feel you

Sometimes I just come here and post to show love. Because Isaac is someone needed.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
My Isaac moveset: No.2
Jab: 3 punches
Ftilt: Sonic Slash Kick. A midriff kick with a slash effect.
Utilt: Burst Uppercut. Performs an explosive uppercut. Has high power.
Dtilt: Slide. Something like this:
5051.png

This isn't psynergy, but I thought it would be cool to see Isaac sliding with his scarf flowing in the wind.
Dash attack: Dashing hand chop.
Fsmash: Thunder Mine, zaps the enemy an unleashes a small Thunder Mine in front of him, like this:
03b01bf4043a00c06b010394a38482493b09e1f19462645165151d03f7fb80f69fd361b0a5bcdc99c78b0dc75bd35f...gif

If Isaac miss the first attack he won't do the second part.
Usmash: Mad Growth, summons vines around him.
Dsmash: Quake. Punches the ground, summoning pillars of earth next to him
Nair: Whiplash, summons an elemental whip and spins it 360°
Fair: Helmsplitter, does a wide ranged chop. The hand will have a spike hitbox.
Bair: A backwards 2hit kick
Uair: Either the 2hit somersault kick, or upwards Whiplash
Dair: Planet Diver, does a fiery kick downwards.
Grab: Catch.
Pummel: Squeezing the opponent.
Fthrow: Force, punches the opponent with another hand.
Bthrow: Backwards toss.
Uthrow: Lift. Raises them upwards and crashes down.
Dthrow: Slams them on the ground.
Neutral special: Ragnarok. Charges, then summons a giant sword.
Side Special: Move. Summons a giant hand to push opponents.
Up special: Teleport. A simple teleporting recovery.
Down special: Djinns. 4 Venus djinns, and choose one for effects.
Flint: A strong attack in front of him.
Ground: Increases his defense for some time.
Vine: Incases the opponent in a vine, slowing them down.
Sap: A weaker attack that heals him.
Final Smash: Judgement.
Taunt
1. Djinn flies around.
2. Makes a nodding emote.
3. Does his pose from the Brawl artwork.
Idle animations
1. Fixes his gloves
2. Adjusts his scarf.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If we ever got an animated adaptation of Golden Sun how would you guys want it to be handled?
I saw that art and thought about how cool and unique it looks and then I realized that the artist for the Golden Sun games isn’t with us anymore and now I’m sad.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I saw that art and thought about how cool and unique it looks and then I realized that the artist for the Golden Sun games isn’t with us anymore and now I’m sad.
Actually, the one who passed on did artwork for the enemies. Not the official artwork like Isaac and others.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Actually looking at the games credits the main artists for the characters were Fumihide Aioki and Shin Yamanuchi. Mr Kajiyama the one who passed away is mostly credited with monster designs so he would've been responsible for how the enemies and djinn looked

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Oh, is Suikoden 5 good? Never played it because I heard bad things about 4 and just wrote off the franchise. Suikoden 1-3 are some of my favorite RPGs ever (but I like Golden Sun better, of course)
Suikoden V competes for being the best one. Of course you'll get competition from nostalgia from I & II and those are obviously great games with story, characters, etc. Suikoden V brought back a bunch of stuff that was taken away as the franchise went on like the RTS battles (which are better than ever), duels, castle customization, 6 party members, fusion rune attacks. IV is the black sheep of the main games in a lot of ways and I can see why a lot of people that played the previous 3 were put off from it, but it seems the developers took the hint and returned back to basics and made a really solid game.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Suikoden V competes for being the best one. Of course you'll get competition from nostalgia from I & II and those are obviously great games with story, characters, etc. Suikoden V brought back a bunch of stuff that was taken away as the franchise went on like the RTS battles (which are better than ever), duels, castle customization, 6 party members, fusion rune attacks. IV is the black sheep of the main games in a lot of ways and I can see why a lot of people that played the previous 3 were put off from it, but it seems the developers took the hint and returned back to basics and made a really solid game.
That sounds fantastic, I'll see if I can give it a try then.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I'm dying for some Nintendo news. Hopefully my August prediction comes true and we don't have to wait long, but I'm not sure and it may be September that we get something meaty to discuss.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'm dying for some Nintendo news. Hopefully my August prediction comes true and we don't have to wait long, but I'm not sure and it may be September that we get something meaty to discuss.
Based on current trends, I'm expecting another smaller direct like a Partner Presentation (And better defined as well, hopefully) or an Indie World at some point this month, followed by a full general direct in September. Assuming we get another Partner Presentation, I'm thinking maybe Bayonetta 3, since apparently Walmart says that's coming January 6th.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
20200801_203850.jpg

It's currently August 1st here in Seoul, South Korea.
Happy birthday, Golden Sun. May the sun shine on you path.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Spare the Djinn that set up protective barriers. And keep a healer with their Djinn, give your healer Waters of Life in case you need to revive as them. Keep Isaac with his full Djinn too, and make him your main attacker, use Impact on him often so he'll unleash all his power with Ragnarok / Odyssey or regular attacks with Gaia Blade or Sol Blade. In Golden Sun 1, use Ivan and Garet as Summon / Djinn spammers, Mia as Wish Well bot, sometimes also going for Summons and Djinn attacks. And Isaac as all out attacker, with buffs from Ivan occasionally when it's needed. Safe Isaac's PP for Revive too if you can.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Exactly one year from today the franchise will be twenty years old. We're planning on making a big fan event on the day for 2021 in place of the usual Golden Sundays so stay tuned on that announcement in the future

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Happy 19th! Hopefully by this time next year we can celebrate with a new game and Isaac in Smash.

proxian

Smash Rookie
Congratulations on 19 years, the series and its community have really come a long way since then!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Happy 19th Anniversary everyone! I made a little something for the occasion, lol.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Really thinking we get a Direct this week or next week, if neither happens I don't know anymore lol. Anyway hopefully we finally get GS announced and even more hopefully, Isaac in Smash.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Have you guys tried out the new update yet? I think the Golden Sun battle music fits Final Destination so much better than any of the other stages it was available on before.

Though I guess this throws the idea of a third fighter pass out the window somewhat. (with how the update added a new stage "small battlefield" to the stage selection screen) Though I didn't think that was going to happen anyway.

There will be three available stage slots after this final fighter pass, and while it'll probably most likely be filled with nothing it would be cool if they released some sort of stage pack after the fighter pass.....or just bring Poke Floats, Orbital Gate Assault and Rainbow Road back. (maybe Yoshi's Woolly World but I'd prefer the first three)

Alternatively I'd kinda like if they made a Poke Floats 2 stage instead, and included newer gen Pokemon (I mean the Poke Floats stage is just begging to have a Drifblim float) and make them a bit more like big air balloons.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Another quietly dropped game announcement today with Pikmin 3 Deluxe. This does not fill me with hope that a full Direct is coming any time soon, although maybe we'll get lucky and an upcoming Direct is just so full of news that a Pikmin remaster didn't make the cut.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
C. Tsubasa/Zell says "1 down, 2 more to go." I'd expecting the rest of Nintendo's plans for this year to be shadowdropped, followed by a mid-to-late September direct detailing the beginning of 2021.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I’ve been expecting a General September Direct since E3 was canceled. But I had hoped we’d get one sooner. Basically, a “Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.” situation. Kept me at bay all this time. Plus I had Doom Eternal to play. Lol
With Pikmin 3 shadowdropped today, another Partner Showcase and/or Mini Direct is very likely this month. I wonder what’s in store for us? No More Heroes 1 & 2 ports?

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I still don't think we're getting a general in September. Yes, there probably are some things that were meant to be announced at E3, but I doubt most of them were for this year.

If it was something big for this timeframe, it would have already been announced.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I still don't think we're getting a general in September. Yes, there probably are some things that were meant to be announced at E3, but I doubt most of them were for this year.

If it was something big for this timeframe, it would have already been announced.
While I won't pretend to know when we might get a Direct, I cannot believe that Pikmin 3 Deluxe on October 30th will be our last Nintendo game of 2020. Are we to believe that a remaster of a Wii U game from a niche series is the only major release Nintendo will have in a holiday season that will see both Microsoft and Sony debut next-gen consoles? Seriously? Unless COVID has affected their release schedule way more than they're letting on, I have to believe we'll be seeing more news about their remaining 2020 plans over the next two months. Not necessarily a lot of plans, granted, but some.

Last edited:
Top Bottom