• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
let me know what I've missed to update this
There is a lot of people also asking for Pikmin, and several Mario spin off including Kart, Strikers... and Golf. There's also Monolith games in the mix, eventually XCX Remaster and their new fantasy IP.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I don't think a new Golden Sun is really that relevant to Isaac's Smash chances. I mean, by that logic, Geno shouldn't even be in consideration, and his community is arguably the most confident out of any character right now. If Isaac's in, it's because of the community demand, not due to Nintendo trying to cross-promote or whatever else. (Of course, both could be happening, in which case sharing marketing is plausible, but I sincerely doubt one would be happening because of the other. Just a happy coincidence!)
I wasn't really trying to say that Isaac can't get in at all without a new game, but a new game atleast could help his chances. Nintendo afterall has certainly shown they're down to add Switch relevant first party characters for promotional purposes (ie Byleth and MIn min)

Maybe I should have said "Not AS nice" as opposed to "not SO nice"

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
It's worth keeping in mind that IF Camelot is currently working on a new Golden Sun game/remaster/remake, the development process would have started after Tennis Aces. Tennis Aces came out in the summer of 2018, so it's reasonable to assume if Golden Sun was their next project, progress would have started on that title during either late 2018 or early 2019, which lines up with the time period for deciding the Fighter Pass 2 characters.

A new Golden Sun game coming out would very much be a large point for Isaac or a Golden Sun representative in Smash, because the timelines match up perfectly in this hypothetical scenario.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
It's worth keeping in mind that IF Camelot is currently working on a new Golden Sun game/remaster/remake, the development process would have started after Tennis Aces. Tennis Aces came out in the summer of 2018, so it's reasonable to assume if Golden Sun was their next project, progress would have started on that title during either late 2018 or early 2019, which lines up with the time period for deciding the Fighter Pass 2 characters.

A new Golden Sun game coming out would very much be a large point for Isaac or a Golden Sun representative in Smash, because the timelines match up perfectly in this hypothetical scenario.
Another thing to note is that the Takahashi Bros left Aces development in December 2017. So they could have started developing Golden Sun as early as January 2018. Regardless, whatever Camelot is working on, I’m 90% sure it’s Golden Sun.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I'd assume the preliminary work started early 2018 (stuff like planning, concepts, etc, the stuff that doesn't require anyone else but gamedesigners, writers and concept artists) while Aces was completing production.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I wasn't expecting Airs Rock to be such a massive dungeon. Surprisingly didn't see a single Djiin in it either.

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I wasn't expecting Airs Rock to be such a massive dungeon. Surprisingly didn't see a single Djiin in it either.
Really you should look at TLA as "disk 2" of Golden Sun. Every dungeon is made as a step up from the last game. I pity the kids who started with TLA and got Air's Rock as their first ever jrpg dungeon.

Monue

Smash Apprentice
Some speculation groups are talking about Geno and Waluigi, or something Mario related. Which honestly makes a lot of sense, considering the anniversary. I doubt we'll be getting Isaac this Direct. If we hear about Golden Sun at all this direct I'll be surprised, but should we, we can still hope we get an Isaac reveal closer to its release date!

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Some speculation groups are talking about Geno and Waluigi, or something Mario related. Which honestly makes a lot of sense, considering the anniversary. I doubt we'll be getting Isaac this Direct. If we hear about Golden Sun at all this direct I'll be surprised, but should we, we can still hope we get an Isaac reveal closer to its release date!
They wouldn't have planned this for the anniversary. Without Coronavirus, this reveal would have happened at E3, and the Mario announcements would be already out. If anyone would have been scheduled for the anniversary, it'd have been Paper Mario, and he'd have likely been FP6 instead of Min Min.

Anniversaries have also never, ever actually meant anything for Smash. They COULD have revealed Min Min on the ARMS anniversary, but they actively chose not to and just wait a week. If that doesn't indicate they don't really make plans in advance of anniversaries, I really don't know what does.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
If anything Mario related was coming to Smash it’d probably be Paper Mario.

Monue

Smash Apprentice
Anniversaries have also never, ever actually meant anything for Smash. They COULD have revealed Min Min on the ARMS anniversary, but they actively chose not to and just wait a week. If that doesn't indicate they don't really make plans in advance of anniversaries, I really don't know what does.
I'm not saying it's definitive or anything, and I'm hearing about it second hand, just that it's what some circles are talking about. I guess someone contacted PapaGeno about it? Hopefully this works. PapaGeno has never struck me as a guy who just make something up for the sake of it, and he's rarely this vague.

Also, to be faiiiiiir Assist Trophies have never been upgraded before, but we're all hoping for that! So it's not like them doing something unheard of for the anniversary of their parent company's mascot's franchise is out of the realm of possibility. Maybe they were meant for release on the anniversary, rather than being revealed on it, but Covid got in the way?

I just don't think saying "Well, Min Min didn't get revealed or released for ARM's anniversary" is relevent when you can't argue ARMS is in the same league for Nintendo as Mario's 35th anniversary might be. Nor how big of an impact a hugely desired character like Geno or Waluigi might be.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I mean, if you WANT to believe second hand information that only MAY be tied to two particular characters but not necessarily, sure? I personally don't, though. Even in a case that it's accurate, it's probably still not true since with the amount of qualifiers used you could say it applied to whoever was next and nobody would be the wiser.

Also, assist trophies being upgraded is a case of "they aren't bothered by this to do this at all". Revealing in tandem with anniversaries on purpose is a case of "sure, SUPPOSING there would be a Mario character, whatever. This has no bearing on there actually BEING one though".

Monue

Smash Apprentice
I mean, if you WANT to believe second hand information that only MAY be tied to two particular characters but not necessarily, sure? I personally don't, though. Even in a case that it's accurate, it's probably still not true since with the amount of qualifiers used you could say it applied to whoever was next and nobody would be the wiser.

Also, assist trophies being upgraded is a case of "they aren't bothered by this to do this at all". Revealing in tandem with anniversaries on purpose is a case of "sure, SUPPOSING there would be a Mario character, whatever. This has no bearing on there actually BEING one though".
I think the fact that Waluigi is part of Nintendo's most recognizable franchise, and that Waluigi practically broke the internet with support prior to Ultimate's release, and after, if there was going to be anyone Nintendo would look at more to satisfy the most in the easiest possible way for them - it'd be him. The fact that they can do it on an anniversary for his franchise is icing on that rather satisfying cake.

Waluigi would never need his own game to get a slot like Isaac does. He doesn't even need an anniversary, like I said that's just a fun bonus for a reveal. He's Waluigi, part of Mario.

I don't even WANT Waluigi, I just think that there's significantly more aligning in his favor than Isaacs at this point in time. Don't get me wrong, Isaac has things going for him too, with a bunch of speculation about the future of his franchise - but Waluigi is part of Mario and would be a slam dunk, rather than a (relatively) niche, pick.

At the end of the day both characters just have speculation surrounding them based on Nintendo's legal, and marketing movements. Waluigi is just much more popular and part of Nintendo's mascot's franchise.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I should iterate that Isaac and Waluigi's chances are completely independent of each other. The question in Sakurai's mind is never "which spirit/assist should I promote?" it's "what series should I pull from?" or in redundant series cases "which character should I pull?" They aren't going to ignore Isaac because Waluigi exists, because picking Isaac assumes you're going after a Golden Sun character, with the abilities and moveset of a Golden Sun character.

Also, we've had several "niche" picks already compared to Waluigi. If he's such a "slam dunk", could they not have reasonably opened the actual pass on him?

Last edited:

Monue

Smash Apprentice
I should iterate that Isaac and Waluigi's chances are completely independent of each other. The question in Sakurai's mind is never "which spirit/assist should I promote?" it's "what series should I pull from?" or in redundant series cases "which character should I pull?" They aren't going to ignore Isaac because Waluigi exists, because picking Isaac assumes you're going after a Golden Sun character, with the abilities and moveset of a Golden Sun character.

Also, we've had several "niche" picks already compared to Waluigi. If he's such a "slam dunk", could they not have reasonably opened the actual pass on him?
That last bit brings me back to the anniversary. :p They knew people wanted him, decided to add him knowing people would get excited, why not reveal Waluigi around then? Just because they've never done that doesn't mean they never will. If Waluigi was happening because they listened to his huge following, it makes sense they'd at least consider trying to put him in the anniversary. A reveal at E3 and a release around the anniversary would have been very possible before Covid.

Ultimately I'm just providing information I've heard that might temper peoples expectations about the next direct and Isaac. Like I said in my first post, if he's not here, he very well might be in the Direct closer to the release of his new game, assuming it's going to happen. I'm not saying it's Waluigi and no Isaac (if anything Waluigi would boost my hope in Isaac), I'm just saying for this next Direct's reveal, assuming it's happening and we get Smash info, my money is on Waluigi as things stand.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I'm not saying it's definitive or anything, and I'm hearing about it second hand, just that it's what some circles are talking about. I guess someone contacted PapaGeno about it? Hopefully this works. PapaGeno has never struck me as a guy who just make something up for the sake of it, and he's rarely this vague.

Also, to be faiiiiiir Assist Trophies have never been upgraded before, but we're all hoping for that! So it's not like them doing something unheard of for the anniversary of their parent company's mascot's franchise is out of the realm of possibility. Maybe they were meant for release on the anniversary, rather than being revealed on it, but Covid got in the way?

I just don't think saying "Well, Min Min didn't get revealed or released for ARM's anniversary" is relevent when you can't argue ARMS is in the same league for Nintendo as Mario's 35th anniversary might be. Nor how big of an impact a hugely desired character like Geno or Waluigi might be.
Sorry, but PapaGenos seems to think everything relates back to Geno. At least that’s the way it seems anytime I see one of his new videos pop up where Geno is in the thumbnail because of some reaching “theory” that supposedly points to him.

That 7/7 theory was one of the most out there things I’ve ever heard of. People actually thinking the reason Sakurai and his team didn’t start from 1 again with this second pass was just so they could align a Geno reveal with the 7th DLC Fighter because of “Legend of the Seven Stars” was pretty comical. And I know he says in his video it’s reaching and he doesn’t completely buy into it, but I think one of the reasons people get annoyed with a lot of Geno fans is because they turn everything into “It means Geno is coming!”.

There were actually some people that legit thought GameStop “leaked” Geno with that dumb video where they said people freaked out over Geno’s reveal when they clearly had no idea what they were talking about or were just referencing the Geno spirit they had on the screen when they said it. Like GameStop would know an unannounced Smash character...

PapaGenos was someone I liked to watch because he would usually only report on actual leaks, but now it’s mostly just Geno theories and they’re all pretty bad.

If Waluigi somehow gets revealed to coincide with Mario’s 35th (which I doubt will happen but I guess anything is possible) then I could maybe see a Geno costume get revealed along side it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Which anniversary are we talking about? Mario Tennis? First of all, that series started on Virtual Boy, without Waluigi. Second, who even remembers that anniversary other than people trying to tie some announcement to it? Nintendo isn't promoting it. There's no basis to believe they'd care. In fact, this is, allegedly, going to be when they kick off a completely different Mario anniversary celebration. More over, this is also the twentieth anniversary of Paper Mario, almost to the month, and nowhere, to my knowledge, was that spotlighted - even with a new game coming out.

Also, reveals don't happen based on anniversaries. It's usually only raised when there's no other reason to expect that particular outcome. That said, at some point Waluigi might show up, but it wouldn't be anniversary related.

And lastly, but perhaps most pertinently, this wasn't, as was said, the initial plan for this year. Whatever is to be shown was probably scheduled to be shown a month or two ago. So tying it to an anniversary is flawed from the jump. What's happening now is the result of Nintendo scrambling to reshuffle their plans. Not nearly as much foresight went into this compared to how they normally operate.

I want to second this from an outsider's perspective. I gave up on GameFAQs about a decade ago but found myself continually coming back to check posts here. Every time there was a N3ON post, I would be intrigued because 1) good points were about to be made, 2) order was about to be restored. My pores were cleared and my crops were thriving.

Thanks for creating and always supporting this thread. Through the tumultuous nature of supporting a character like Isaac in Smash, having a community here has been a constant reminder that the character is not as unpopular or unlikely as others would lead us to believe.
Haha thank you and you're very welcome. I'm happy to have helped with your dermatological and agricultural endeavours. ;)

Last edited:

Monue

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but PapaGenos seems to think everything relates back to Geno. At least that’s the way it seems anytime I see one of his new videos pop up where Geno is in the thumbnail because of some reaching “theory” that supposedly points to him.
That's crazy, I've never gotten that vibe from his videos. Like you said, he pretty explicitly states he doesn't really buy into most of the leaks and speculation, he's just discussing it because it's supposed leaks and speculation. The 7/7 stuff especially, he repeatedly was like, 'this probably isn't anything.'

And, like, he's a speculation and leak channel. There isn't always legit stuff to discuss, in fact there almost never is. I'd talk about the silly random "leaks" also in his position, gotta get a video out after all! He also mentions Geno, but more as an aside as far as I've seen. Like, "here's hoping~!"

This makes me sound like a fanboy, I'm not really, it just is interesting to me that we both got very different reads on a youtuber.

Monue

Smash Apprentice
Which anniversary are we talking about? Mario Tennis? First of all, that series started on Virtual Boy, without Waluigi. Second, who even remembers that anniversary other than people trying to tie some announcement to it? Nintendo isn't promoting it. There's no basis to believe they'd care. In fact, this is, allegedly, going to be when they kick off a completely different Mario anniversary celebration. More over, this is also the twentieth anniversary of Paper Mario, almost to the month, and nowhere, to my knowledge, was that spotlighted - even with a new game coming out.
My take on the information was since they're gearing up for 35th Mario anniversary, they'd potentially do a Mario-related Smash reveal alongside the rumored 3D Mario game re-releases for this Direct. It's not like their anniversaries don't matter at all, I've heard there's already 35th anniverssary stuff popping up on the internet. So maybe not a reveal BECAUSE of the anniversary, they'd likely do Waluigi anyways, but more "This guy's also part of Mario and look what he's up to, we know you want him!" They do like to theme their events, at any rate.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
That's crazy, I've never gotten that vibe from his videos. Like you said, he pretty explicitly states he doesn't really buy into most of the leaks and speculation, he's just discussing it because it's supposed leaks and speculation. The 7/7 stuff especially, he repeatedly was like, 'this probably isn't anything.'

And, like, he's a speculation and leak channel. There isn't always legit stuff to discuss, in fact there almost never is. I'd talk about the silly random "leaks" also in his position, gotta get a video out after all! He also mentions Geno, but more as an aside as far as I've seen. Like, "here's hoping~!"

This makes me sound like a fanboy, I'm not really, it just is interesting to me that we both got very different reads on a youtuber.
You said he doesn’t buy most of the leaks and speculation, but he just discusses it because it’s leaks and speculation. That’s what all those other “leaker” channels do. They just discuss it because they want to upload more videos and get more views.

I get he’s a YouTuber and that’s what they do, but I liked his videos because when he released one it was discussing what an actual leaker was saying. I knew he wasn’t just another LaxChris or whatever his name is. But now there’s nothing going on so a lot of these videos are just talking about “speculation” from like 4chan that is so reaching it puts Min Min to shame. And it usually involves Geno because that’s his most wanted character.

So I have nothing against the guy, I just don’t put any stock into what he says. Especially anything to do with Geno because he’s obviously biased to the character and fully admits to it (which he can be if he wants to of course).

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Waluigi is popular, but is he that important to the Mario franchise for the devs to celebrate his anniversary? I don't know much about him, so feel free to correct me.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I have nothing against Waluigi, but when you really think about it...he just doesn’t make sense to me for dlc. It would be different is he was in Piranha Plant’s spot because it was a free character. PP didn’t add music or a stage. Waluigi has no main game and has never been a featured character for any Mario games. If he got added...what stage does Waluigi bring? What music???

Waluigi is the definition of a base game or free for a limited time dlc character because he doesn’t add anything to Smash overall.

Isaac adds a lot.
There’s no Xenoblade X music or stage so Elma adds a lot.
A Rhythm Heaven character adds a lot.
Various older Nintendo series can add a lot.
A third party character adds a lot.

Again I have nothing against the character but it makes no sense to me for him to be dlc when he doesn’t add much of anything with his Inclusion.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I dunno, Waluigi could add a Waluigi Pinball stage (which would honestly be kind of cool). If not that maybe a Mario Party stage. Music wise he could also maybe add tunes from sports games and Mario Party and what not. As for spirits, add some of the OCs from, you guessed it, the Mario sports and party games.

Yeah, I'm largely going off of spinoff stuff here, but that does make some sense since they are the only games where Waluigi can really shine.

I'm largely indifferent to Waluigi and there are other characters I'd rather see added before him, but that said I don't think it would really be impossible to make a DLC pack out of him.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
If he gets added, I hope he's a bonus character like P.P was.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My take on the information was since they're gearing up for 35th Mario anniversary, they'd potentially do a Mario-related Smash reveal alongside the rumored 3D Mario game re-releases for this Direct. It's not like their anniversaries don't matter at all, I've heard there's already 35th anniverssary stuff popping up on the internet. So maybe not a reveal BECAUSE of the anniversary, they'd likely do Waluigi anyways, but more "This guy's also part of Mario and look what he's up to, we know you want him!" They do like to theme their events, at any rate.
If the next reveal is a Mario-related one, which is possible, then I very much doubt it would be anything more than coincidental, for the reasons I stated previously. Now, if they intend to tie the character to the anniversary, it would be a result of fortuitous timing, not because they actively chose the character to reflect the event. You sort of touch on that, but considering it'd just be a by-product of opportunism, it's not particularly strong grounds to justify the character.

Like with Isabelle's reveal. She was revealed in tandem with New Horizons. However, she obviously wasn't added due to NH. The timing was just serendipitous to show them together.

Though keep in mind, all of that is still only a slim possibility.

Waluigi is popular, but is he that important to the Mario franchise for the devs to celebrate his anniversary? I don't know much about him, so feel free to correct me.
No, he's not important. But he's very recurring (in the spin-offs) and he's very popular.

The anniversary stuff I think you can disregard either way.

I have nothing against Waluigi, but when you really think about it...he just doesn’t make sense to me for dlc. It would be different is he was in Piranha Plant’s spot because it was a free character. PP didn’t add music or a stage. Waluigi has no main game and has never been a featured character for any Mario games. If he got added...what stage does Waluigi bring? What music???

Waluigi is the definition of a base game or free for a limited time dlc character because he doesn’t add anything to Smash overall.

Isaac adds a lot.
There’s no Xenoblade X music or stage so Elma adds a lot.
A Rhythm Heaven character adds a lot.
Various older Nintendo series can add a lot.
A third party character adds a lot.

Again I have nothing against the character but it makes no sense to me for him to be dlc when he doesn’t add much of anything with his Inclusion.
I think it's unrealistic to believe that any of the past six characters were added due to the stage, music and spirits as opposed to the actual character. The character decision is the key one, the other stuff exists to revolve around and support the character.

To that end, can Waluigi come with a new stage? Yes. Can he come with new music? Yes. New spirits? Sure. In fact, the Mario spin-offs still have a lot that can be drawn from. He has everything he needs - but it comes down to the character anyway.

If he gets added, I hope he's a bonus character like P.P was.
The bonus character, in reality, is probably the fact that this pass has one more character than the last one did.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I think it's unrealistic to believe that any of the past six characters were added due to the stage, music and spirits as opposed to the actual character. The character decision is the key one, the other stuff exists to revolve around and support the character.

To that end, can Waluigi come with a new stage? Yes. Can he come with new music? Yes. New spirits? Sure. In fact, the Mario spin-offs still have a lot that can be drawn from. He has everything he needs - but it comes down to the character anyway.
I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I do think it’s unlikely. We’ll never know for sure how Sakurai and Nintendo go about picking the dlc unless Sakurai decides to write a book on it after retirement.

Also, I don’t fully agree with you about it being unrealistic to assume they didn’t specifically look at the potential content to add to Smash. Let’s assume everything Sakurai said when presenting Min Min is true. That means Sakurai and Nintendo specifically wanted Arms content in the game and had no clue which character they were gonna use until speaking with the Arms creator.

I’m not saying this is always the case, but clearly it does matter to a certain extent for some.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If Geno does get confirmed Monday, then Isaac is the biggest thread.

We'll be the biggest support group on SWF.

That doesn't necessarily equate to popularity here and off site, but its nice to know.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't think a new Golden Sun is really that relevant to Isaac's Smash chances. I mean, by that logic, Geno shouldn't even be in consideration, and his community is arguably the most confident out of any character right now. If Isaac's in, it's because of the community demand, not due to Nintendo trying to cross-promote or whatever else. (Of course, both could be happening, in which case sharing marketing is plausible, but I sincerely doubt one would be happening because of the other. Just a happy coincidence!)
This right here. People also used this against K. Rool and than afterwards saying "While K. Rool hasn't made an appearance in his games for years, his series is still relevant." :ultgnw:, :ulticeclimbers:, :ultpit:, :ultrob:, :ultduckhunt:, and :ultbanjokazooie: would all like to have a word with you.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
There’s no Xenoblade X music
What's up with that? It was something I was thinking about just the other day.

I don't believe that the music was excluded because Elma is definitely coming as dlc, so there must be some other reason. It's such a strange omission.

On a different note I saw this over in the Waluigi thread and thought it was relevant here as well.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
If Geno does get confirmed Monday, then Isaac is the biggest thread.

We'll be the biggest support group on SWF.

That doesn't necessarily equate to popularity here and off site, but its nice to know.
Well we were the biggest thread for a while since K.Rool was confirmed and before Geno took over so it isnt anything new to us lol. But if he does get in I'd be really happy for his fans, they've fought super hard for it

Cadillac

Smash Seeker

I don't believe that the music was excluded because Elma is definitely coming as dlc, so there must be some other reason. It's such a strange omission.

On a different note I saw this over in the Waluigi thread and thought it was relevant here as well.

YES

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913

Xenoblade X didn't get music because the rights of that soundtrack are extremely mangled. Hiroyuki Sawano was responsible for the entire thing, and that raises some legal issues over it. It wasn't easy enough to justify just putting in some music.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, no announcement in advance either means no Direct tomorrow or a Direct Mini. =/ I'd take the chances of a Smash reveal down with a Smash Mini since we just got the last character revealed not long ago. And big announcements would not happen either. IF it happens at all I don't expect much, especially not anything Golden Sun related.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
SmartSelect_20200719-121315_Chrome.jpg SmartSelect_20200719-121406_Chrome.jpg

The one time I ever pull up Resetera.

Only really worth posting here for two reasons:

• insider of proven track record not shooting down Golden Sun when asked directly, and
  • responding to it a minute after making a weird prediction that a 2020 game "one more thing" might not be in this direct.

For my two cents, I think it's baffling that Ninty is going to shadowdrop most all of their video games. You get so much marketing value with people creating prediction/news videos for you that it's beyond me why they would throw that all away by not just tweeting out an announcement/setting a youtube premiere.

Maybe it won't be a big deal then? Maybe GS4/GS Switch isn't even announced until later in 2020? Everyone seems hell-bent on this direct happening and being crazy big but I'm still not even convinced. Who knows.

Last edited:

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Well we were the biggest thread for a while since K.Rool was confirmed and before Geno took over so it isnt anything new to us lol. But if he does get in I'd be really happy for his fans, they've fought super hard for it
All of the potential characters from the Mario RPG's, I'd be more happy with Geno than Paper Mario.

I've soured on Paper Mario due to the games forgoing being RPG's and now going for puzzle/adventure games.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
All of the potential characters from the Mario RPG's, I'd be more happy with Geno than Paper Mario.

I've soured on Paper Mario due to the games forgoing being RPG's and now going for puzzle/adventure games.
I’d also rather have Geno than Paper Mario. But if we could choose out of any of the Mario RPG games then I would choose Fawful.

Top Bottom