• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Trademarks aren't talked as much first and mostly because people don't care enough to even research about it (it's a boring topic after all), about the classes and what each class means, and therefore begin to realize the meanings and potentials of each trademarks
On the trademark topic, I was having a discussion with someone on Reddit. He brought up a thread where are mentionned other trademarks (Mario Sluggers, Rhythm Heaven and Wrecking Crew).

Do we have any information about these? Do they have anything to do with the new trademark? We are obviously following the Golden Sun one, but these others seems to have been filled at the same time, that could be interesting to follow them too.

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
They were filled at the same time, but we haven't been following them, so I can't tell what's their status.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
On the trademark topic, I was having a discussion with someone on Reddit. He brought up a thread where are mentionned other trademarks (Mario Sluggers, Rhythm Heaven and Wrecking Crew).

Do we have any information about these? Do they have anything to do with the new trademark? We are obviously following the Golden Sun one, but these others seems to have been filled at the same time, that could be interesting to follow them too.
So I found them:
Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 11.30.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 11.35.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 11.38.41 AM.png

And what I managed to find is that all of them are approved already this year, with Rhythm heaven specifically coinciding with the date Golden Sun's one was also approved (most likely because they both were handled by NZ as of terms of use, same region). The only thing I don't know is if those 3 you mentioned are all new or if any of them is a renewal. I would like to say they are new since they were registered together but I rather not jump to that conclusion because there is no logic behind it lol, maybe clearandsweet clearandsweet or someone else who has better access to such info can tell if they are new or renewals. I only know of Golden Sun since I literally saw the original GS and Dark Dawn trademarks still active on their own separate from the new one we've been talking for months now, but I don't know where to check about these 3.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Beat the Fusion Dragon yesterday. Does that sign blocking the way back into those ruins get removed later on? I feel like I might have missed a chest. I managed to get the Djiin that was there at least.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Beat the Fusion Dragon yesterday. Does that sign blocking the way back into those ruins get removed later on? I feel like I might have missed a chest. I managed to get the Djiin that was there at least.
Nope. Once you beat the fusion dragon you cannot go anywhere, that's why the game encourage you to save the post-credit save on another slot.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Nope. Once you beat the fusion dragon you cannot go anywhere, that's why the game encourage you to save the post-credit save on another slot.
Wait so that was the final boss? I thought there was still stuff left to do since that one guy is still being held hostage in the thief town. I also thought I'd need to go back to some earlier places and use my new powers to get stuff like that boulder in Vale at the start of the game or that hidden cemetery in Vault. I only have 2 earth djiins too.

I didn't know I was supposed to run all the way back across the map lol.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A trademark, unrelated to the other ones, that Nintendo has been fighting to have it approved all around the world, including countries where the previous games never got released ? Yeah sure they do it for fun.

The Switch is a golden land for RPG as we have seen, of course having one of their franchises make a come back here would be of interrest to Nintendo.

Devs don't take year long breaks, the studios are constantly working on something. And as it is now, it's more likely to be Golden Sun than Mario Golf.
Trademarks are especially expensive, and due to the bright yellow radiant color of the sun, one could easily refer to it as "golden". So a trademark like that is gotta be expensive.

So here's the thing, I know it's gotta be hard to believe. But there's a rice brand in my country that's named Golden Sun.

front_fr.6.full.jpg

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So I found them:
View attachment 273031

View attachment 273033

View attachment 273034

And what I managed to find is that all of them are approved already this year, with Rhythm heaven specifically coinciding with the date Golden Sun's one was also approved (most likely because they both were handled by NZ as of terms of use, same region). The only thing I don't know is if those 3 you mentioned are all new or if any of them is a renewal. I would like to say they are new since they were registered together but I rather not jump to that conclusion because there is no logic behind it lol, maybe clearandsweet clearandsweet or someone else who has better access to such info can tell if they are new or renewals. I only know of Golden Sun since I literally saw the original GS and Dark Dawn trademarks still active on their own separate from the new one we've been talking for months now, but I don't know where to check about these 3.
Curious to hear what you make of the Elite Beat Agents trademark being renewed in Sep 2018. I mean it was in the same class as all the other ones and it came out of the blue. Do you believe Nintendo has plans to revive that series?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So I found them:
View attachment 273031

View attachment 273033

View attachment 273034

The dates for these look pretty good. A majority of Nintendo's big titles have already come out during the Switch's Life span. This points to likely that Nintendo is planning to add more franchises to their portfolio in an attempt to raise their popularity.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Intereting ! I remember an old president of Nindo has said once that they would like to bring back more remaster or remakes to the switch. So it's maybe the great time to do so !

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Curious to hear what you make of the Elite Beat Agents trademark being renewed in Sep 2018. I mean it was in the same class as all the other ones and it came out of the blue. Do you believe Nintendo has plans to revive that series?
Well depends, is it confirmed to be a renewal of the one that already existed or is it separate new one? That's the first question, which sadly i don't have a way of confirming myself. If it's renewed then it doesn't necessarily mean anything is happening, it's just them keeping their product protected. If it's a new one then maybe something could be being made. From what I can see it hasn't reached "final decision" step, so it hasn't been approved yet. Seems like it's still in progress steps towards that.
Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 7.27.26 PM.png

The dates for these look pretty good. A majority of Nintendo's big titles have already come out during the Switch's Life span. This points to likely that Nintendo is planning to add more franchises to their portfolio in an attempt to raise their popularity.
That would be great and honestly, if this year is the start of focusing on HD ports or stuff like that as Jeff Grubb has said (leaker from the march directs and the guy who is currently leaking stuff for the summer game fest), then we could see some of these things starting to get announced at some point, depending on how ready and when are they even planned for, if there is anything and if they aren't just regular renewals.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well depends, is it confirmed to be a renewal of the one that already existed or is it separate new one? That's the first question, which sadly i don't have a way of confirming myself. If it's renewed then it doesn't necessarily mean anything is happening, it's just them keeping their product protected. If it's a new one then maybe something could be being made. From what I can see it hasn't reached "finail decision" step, so it hasn't been approved yet. Seems like it's still in progress steps towards that.
View attachment 273077

That would be great and honestly, if this year is the start of focusing on HD ports or stuff like that as Jeff Grubb has said (leaker from the march directs and the guy who is currently leaking stuff for the summer game fest), then we could see some of these things starting to get announced at some point, depending on how ready and when are they even planned for, if there is anything and if they aren't just regular renewals.
A Remake of the first two Golden Sun games would be an ideal situation right now. With Monolith Soft aiding Camelot in the programming of the game and the Takahashi brothers at the helm the game would look and play superb.

As for art style, something cel shaded akin to this would look fine:

1590710140424.png

And make it cel shaded with these kind of body proportions and not the chibi stuff.

1590710232882.png

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
A Remake of the first two Golden Sun games would be an ideal situation right now. With Monolith Soft aiding Camelot in the programming of the game and the Takahashi brothers at the helm the game would look and play superb.

As for art style, something cel shaded akin to this would look fine:

View attachment 273080

And make it cel shaded with these kind of body proportions and not the chibi stuff.

View attachment 273082
I would definitely like to see a less chibi version of the dark dawn models. Tales models are really good examples. Maybe even ToS 1 models proportions but less bad and blurry looking lol

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I would definitely like to see a less chibi version of the dark dawn models. Tales models are really good examples. Maybe even ToS 1 models proportions but less bad and blurry looking lol
Just something that reflects the box art cover for the characters, it would give the series a distinct look that would be very easy on the eyes in Cel Shaded form.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Just something neat I thought up: just like how Fox and Falco's renders always parallel each other, I think it'd be cool (assuming Isaac is already in the game) if Felix was added as an Echo in maybe a future Smash game and Isaac and Felix's renders were their poses on the box art for TBS and TLA, respectively. I was thinking about how awesome NibocRock's Isaac render is and I think it'd be a cool little nod to both characters if they referenced this. Matthew could get in on the fun too if he was added!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Just something neat I thought up: just like how Fox and Falco's renders always parallel each other, I think it'd be cool (assuming Isaac is already in the game) if Felix was added as an Echo in maybe a future Smash game and Isaac and Felix's renders were their poses on the box art for TBS and TLA, respectively. I was thinking about how awesome NibocRock's Isaac render is and I think it'd be a cool little nod to both characters if they referenced this. Matthew could get in on the fun too if he was added!
I'd kill for a good Felix render. All we have is this one from a Brawl mod and while it looks great, I'd love a more modern and updated one
1590722371363.png

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Well I went ahead and got on the boat and watched the credits. A shame I couldn't go back and do the things I still didn't finish. I assumed I'd get the ability to warp around the map like most RPGs after filling it out and that I'd be visiting all 4 lighthouses. So if there was something I couldn't get I figured I could just come back to it later. I still enjoyed the game despite that and will probably do a more thorough playthrough in the future. But for now I'll be moving on to The Lost Age soon.

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Well I went ahead and got on the boat and watched the credits. A shame I couldn't go back and do the things I still didn't finish. I assumed I'd get the ability to warp around the map like most RPGs after filling it out and that I'd be visiting all 4 lighthouses. So if there was something I couldn't get I figured I could just come back to it later. I still enjoyed the game despite that and will probably do a more thorough playthrough in the future. But for now I'll be moving on to The Lost Age soon.
Nice! Congrats! In case you're not aware, you can get a password in Golden Sun that lets you transfer some things over to The Lost Age. It's pretty cool! Actions you took in Golden Sun are sometimes referenced, and can even affect some tiny things. To get the password, go to the main menu, then hold R, left, and B.

Or if you happen to be playing on an actual GBA, you can also do it with a Link Cable between both games!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I just took pics of the gold password screens on my phone lol
Just be aware that when you play TLA, you won’t be able to access a certain area (optional btw) unless you collect all 72 Djinn which includes all 28 from the first game if you got them all. Other than that, I hope you enjoy Felix’s adventure!

If you don’t have all the items and Djinn in your save and don’t want to redo it all again, you can look around for other gold passwords online you can use.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Hm, maybe I should just do another playthrough of the first game then. Now that I know what to do I'll be able to just get to the final town as fast as possible then go back and get everything I left behind.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
A new GS with Tales of Body proportions would be neat. And if Monolith is helping them then the game would look absolutely amazing. I just can't wait to see all those summons and psynergy in FHD <3

I think this question already has been said would you prefer a GS HD in 2D or in 3D?

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
A new GS with Tales of Body proportions would be neat. And if Monolith is helping them then the game would look absolutely amazing. I just can't wait to see all those summons and psynergy in FHD <3

I think this question already has been said would you prefer a GS HD in 2D or in 3D?
Wait Monolith is helping them?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wait so that was the final boss? I thought there was still stuff left to do since that one guy is still being held hostage in the thief town. I also thought I'd need to go back to some earlier places and use my new powers to get stuff like that boulder in Vale at the start of the game or that hidden cemetery in Vault. I only have 2 earth djiins too.

I didn't know I was supposed to run all the way back across the map lol.
Hah, disappointed about the Fusion Dragon? Looks like you didn't fight Dullahan yet. It's great fun, all your Djinn being disactivated all the time, and getting blasted by Spark Plasma twice a turn or so.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
PhantomShab that thief town thing is a side quest, you have to do it before the final boss^^

Also, imagine GS Remake with Dragon Quest 11 graphics (not character design, juste graphics)

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Nice! Congrats! In case you're not aware, you can get a password in Golden Sun that lets you transfer some things over to The Lost Age. It's pretty cool! Actions you took in Golden Sun are sometimes referenced, and can even affect some tiny things. To get the password, go to the main menu, then hold R, left, and B.
*Long Password PTSD flashbacks*

Oh god that was so painful.

But still, that was one of the reasons as to why Golden Sun 1 and 2 was such amazing games.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Something prettier than tennis aces assets (because of the time that already passed) is what i imagine, since i think they will be working with the same engine (?) I dunno haha

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Hah, disappointed about the Fusion Dragon? Looks like you didn't fight Dullahan yet. It's great fun, all your Djinn being disactivated all the time, and getting blasted by Spark Plasma twice a turn or so.
I just thought it wasn't the final boss since the game acted like I still had stuff to do. I didn't try to leave town and I made a save state inside the docks and took a break lol.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just thought it wasn't the final boss since the game acted like I still had stuff to do. I didn't try to leave town and I made a save state inside the docks and took a break lol.
Well I guess that's because the original Golden Sun and The Lost Age where supposed to be one game, but later got split up. I still think Golden Sun had quite a climatic ending with the whole Venus Lighthouse drama with Felix and Sheba.

Typing this out, I wanna play Golden Sun.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Golden Sun's original cliffhanger worked thanks to TLA being released litteraly a year after. I think internet would have been very angry otherwise

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Golden Sun's original cliffhanger worked thanks to TLA being released litteraly a year after. I think internet would have been very angry otherwise
To be honest , the internet wasn't as... touchy back then. We just enjoyed things, and if we didn't, it wasn't a need to rant endlessly on the internet with unwarranted entitlement.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
To be honest , the internet wasn't as... touchy back then. We just enjoyed things, and if we didn't, it wasn't a need to rant endlessly on the internet with unwarranted entitlement.
Yeah I dont know what happened in the last decade, everyone became edgy and touchy. I don't remember it being like that before when I was growing up in my teens lol

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yeah I dont know what happened in the last decade, everyone became edgy and touchy. I don't remember it being like that before when I was growing up in my teens lol
Twitter, Youtube, and social media being more accessible than before? People might have ranted about stuff like this, but there wasn't as big of a platform or an audience for them to be heard. (I remember there being a negative reaction to Halo 2 having an abrupt cliffhanger ending, though the negative reaction might not have been as widespread or easily viewed as it would have if something like that happened today)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I miss the old days of the Internet man especially the old Youtube days back in the late 2000s when all the Newgrounds creators were cooking up so many good flash animations for video games and whatnot as well as certain Let's Players like SlimKirby and NintendoCapriSun being more active back then. Toonami was in it's prime on Cartoon Network and Jetix was still alive on Toon Disney. Man I really miss the 2000s I wish I could relive it all again.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

With the release of Xenoblade Chronicles DE, I thought it would be cool to take some snapshots of both Isaac & Shulk together. Love how the 3rd pic turned out as it looks like Isaac is enhancing the Monado with psynergy/Golden Sun power.
This took me hours to do because Isaac just would not spawn for me. Haha.

So, 2 out of 3 blond JRPG protagonists in Smash got a remake/remaster this year. It’s Isaac’s turn now! Hopefully he also is Smash DLC too!

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
So I found them:
View attachment 273031

View attachment 273033

View attachment 273034

Good work and interesting to know about the international ones as well. I had only looked into the Japanese TM database, which you can find here.

Yeah when I wrote that thread a year ago it was clear that none of them were a renewal. For example, here's Wrecking Crew:

1590859551575.png

As you can see, new TMs every time, but they don't neccesarily coincide with any Wrecking Crew games. And yeah even the 1984 one is being renewed as you can see from the details:
1590859855395.png

So what are those trademarks there for? I have no idea. It's not like releases of games_don't_ coincide with franchise trademark registrations: you can see Animal Crossing's new one for New Horizons filed by Nintendo immediately after this bunch, clear as day. But perhaps the reverse isn't always true? Perhaps they sometimes do it far into development and Mario Super Sluggers and Wrecking Crew are on the way? There was no 2004 Wrecking Crew game though...

I guess this is all to say now what I said back then: we kind of have no idea what the hell this all means without being or directly asking lawyers specialized in international IP law, specifically in the gaming industry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom