• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
What's in Nintendo's interest to revitalize GS out of nowhere?
Camelot not announcing anything doesn't equate specially to GS either. It could be another Mario spinoff for all we know. And there has been a ton of fervor over trademarks....which mean nothing. Remember the Tales of icon trademark that resulted in nothing? Or the Rayman one?

It's better to not set unrealistic hopes in case it falls apart again.
To add onto the previous reply, Camelot hasn't done anything aside from Golf, Tennis and Golden Sun since... ever. They've always and repeatedly said they'd return to Golden Sun if there was an opportunity and demand (both of which are now the case), and their silence matches up with a long silence from the division of Nintendo that has worked with them closely in the past for Mario sports and Golden Sun (implying it is a Nintendo game).

Sure, nothing's confirmed until it's in our hands, could be some more wild things going on, but Occam's Razor comes into effect at a certain point. There's too much smoke to be anything other than a fire.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
What's in Nintendo's interest to revitalize GS out of nowhere?
Camelot not announcing anything doesn't equate specially to GS either. It could be another Mario spinoff for all we know. And there has been a ton of fervor over trademarks....which mean nothing. Remember the Tales of icon trademark that resulted in nothing? Or the Rayman one?

It's better to not set unrealistic hopes in case it falls apart again.
Hey man, I understand not wanting to set expectations too high. It's hard to be disappointed over and over again, but we quite literally denied this for as long as we could. We tried to find any possible reason the trademark could mean anything else, but it quite literally legally cannot. Nintendo, as the sole rights holder of the trademark for Golden Sun, has a legal obligation to provide goods branded with Golden Sun. We don't know exactly what that is yet, but it has to involve Golden Sun because otherwise there would be no need for a brand new trademark, reaching new territories across the world.

I get that you may have your reservations, but I think the general consensus of the board is that we've got something coming, and soon. Camelot, since 1999, has developed exactly three types of games: tennis, golf, and Golden Sun. A new Mario Tennis game would be redundant and probably wouldn't be approved even if Camelot wanted to make a new one, given how recently Aces was released, Golf seems to be in series limbo, given that sales have been consistently declining and World Tour on the 3DS was (I think) the lowest-selling Mario spinoff Camelot has ever released.

So as others have said, at this point it simply makes the most sense for Camelot to be working on Golden Sun and we're quite confident that's what will happen.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's not like this thread is impartial. Before people were convinced about a new GS they were convinced about Isaac getting included.

If you look outside the support thread, which, almost as a rule, the bigger one gets the more lost in the clouds people become, you'll see that the belief over a new GS is met, mostly, with reticence. And frankly, setting expectations low seems a lot more practical for a series such as this.

If you want a unbiased answer best to ask people who don't have a vested interest in one specific outcome.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
It's not like this thread is impartial. Before people were convinced about a new GS they were convinced about Isaac getting included.

If you look outside the support thread, which, almost as a rule, the bigger one gets the more lost in the clouds people become, you'll see that the belief over a new GS is met, mostly, with reticence. And frankly, setting expectations low seems a lot more practical for a series such as this.

If you want a unbiased answer best to ask people who don't have a vested interest in one specific outcome.
I would dispute that last part, since those people wouldn't not be looking for informations and would just guess from nothing. We don't have 0 basis for our thinking here.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I would dispute that last part, since those people wouldn't not be looking for informations and would just guess from nothing. We don't have 0 basis for our thinking here.
Agreed. If a lot of people here ignored the true meaning of the trademark back then and thought wrongly about it meaning anything at all for Smash, just imagine people who don't even bother doing research whatsoever when they aren't even fans. Some, however, did not make such mistake, and kept an eye to it and actually researched what trademarks are for. Hell, there was no reason to expect anyhing "smash" from it if it never happened in Brawl back then even. We certainly can't be generalized and discarded like that. People who researched about the whole trademark such as NessAtc. NessAtc. and eventually me and others, didn't throw the towel and actually researched and analyzed the situation with bias aside. That's how we figured out how this is the actual first lead we EVER had for something actually coming up, and we have full passion for the franchise at the same time. So, being big fan of something =/= that you would be necessarily blind about the reality of things nor why we didn't get something before in the first place and how now we actually have something to go for.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I agree we have a lot of good reasons to believe something Golden Sun is coming, reasons that people outside this thread are liable to not notice because they don't analyze every trademark Nintendo files, nor track the schedules of each of their teams, subsidiaries, and development partners. Are we overly excited because we believe the deck is stacked in our favor? Yeah, probably. Is that excitement unwarranted? I don't think so. I've been disappointed enough times to remain pessimistic, but I sure hope the more excited members here are right.

ZelDan

Smash Master
It's true that a support thread for something will probably naturally have more bias than areas outside of said support thread. That said, being biased =/= always being wrong, nor does being unbiased =/= always being correct. In the end neither perspective is inherently bad.

So...everyone here is right to an extent I guess?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Who here is ready for Golden Sunday? I certainly am, got still hours of wait tho.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I understand they're not currently part of it, but plans can change. I just think it's bad form to drop a trailer with no warning like this when a venue for announcements is available and they have an established vehicle for announcements in Directs. If they want to get back to the latter, that's fine, but I think randomly dropping a major trailer like they did with Paper Mario is, at best, lazy, and at worst, disrespectful to your media partners.
Nintendo not being involved with this Summer Game fest doesnt mean much.
There is no plausible way Nintendo is going to go five months without announcing anything.

Camelot games I want:

Golden Sun 4
Mario Strikers
Mario Tackle (I'd call it Football, but that gets as confusing as Soccer)
Mario Karaoke

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Nintendo not being involved with this Summer Game fest doesnt mean much.
There is no plausible way Nintendo is going to go five months without announcing anything.

Camelot games I want:

Golden Sun 4
Mario Strikers
Mario Tackle (I'd call it Football, but that gets as confusing as Soccer)
Mario Karaoke
Specially when they already said they have unannounced games still on schedule if all things keep going well, and they are. Japan literally is flying with the decreasing of active cases right now. Last update was that from 2712 actives cases they had yesterday, today it reduced to 2484 active cases, and it keeps decreasing like that. Kyoto (where Nintendo HQ is) has already lifted their state of emergency and they are already saying that tokyo, one of the very few prefactures left to end their state of emergency, could have it ended as early as Monday or soon enough. But yeah… I doubt there are gonna be any potential delays, or at least not big delays, to most of their unannounced games that they stated in their last investor meeting to be still on schedule.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
On man, I forgot how much I wanted to see the Djinn in HD until that post.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Happy Golden Sunday, everyone! So glad to hit this milestone with this awesome community. Here's to many more!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Happy Golden Sunday everyone! I hope this was a good one, I don't have any artistic talent I can contribute with so cheering on the ones who have is my collaboration.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Wow..it's been a while since i not came here. Sicne end of January.

But always i catched up the pages so first of all..

Congrats for the 1000+ pages guys! Having this thread to be this alive is very impressive =)

And now the most excinting is the new trademark thing! This just got me hyped line never, something finally may happen for us and i hope it will be big news.

But i have a (maybe sutpid) question about all this trademark. Yesterday i was talking with some friends on Discord and we talked about the shadowdropped Paper Mario trailer. And then i spoke about the GS trademark and explained it to my friends. For this i used Nazyrus posts and one of my friends (which knows and speaks a lot better english than the other one) said something like "If all of this is real it's good news ! But then why this subject is (maybe i am wrong) not so spread out by medias, video games websites and all stuff?"

So that's my question, how big is the Trademark thing? Have you seen some big Youtubers or others, talked about it in any way?

Finally now that i catched up i will follow more often this thread ! And also Happy GoldenSunday to everyone. I didn't had enough time to make something. The only thing i have is my video (in French) for the first or second GSDay we amde.

Anyways i'm back and really optimistic for the future of GS ^^

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
That's the point. Such a big subject like this but nobody talks about it it's really strange =/

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Maybe they just aren't interrested and believe so hard that nothing will ever happen that they don't care.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Maybe they just aren't interrested and believe so hard that nothing will ever happen that they don't care.
That is perhaps the case. The Isaac fanbase or Golden Sun fanbase has lost quite the momentum since the November 2018 Smash Direct so they probably think not as many people are invested in Isaac for Smash or Golden Sun being revived anymore.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Reminder that leaking from nintendo is not easy at all lol. Many wont bother with the risks or you end like sabi getting calls from them.

From what i have been hearing on my end, GS HD is a thing, but the supposed date could be subject of a delay if there was any at all (hopefully not, specially since japan has lifted their state of emergency just a day ago and they were already working however they could, as you have already seen). Either way, I personally would expect the announcement this year regardless of when it releases. It is probably one of the first party IPs nintendo is holding for their direct later this year...Unless they decide to drop the announcement like paper mario, but i would rather have a live reaction from everyone instead, it is that special after all.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Golden Sunday was super fun as usual! I'm going to link some of my favorite fan works from the event down below. Just letting you know, there's a lot more of them I wanted to share but since Smashboards only lets you post 25 pieces of media I had to narrow it down to that much which wasn't easy, you could see everything else by checking out the Golden Sunday hashtag on Twitter though.
Thank you to everyone who participated :joyful:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
It sure is not easy leaking without cosequences. I just hope things are moving in the Shadows but they can't tell right now.

Yes it would be better to announce it a general direct, than dropped like the Paper Mario one. Cause apart of Xenoblade i think Nintendo has to show what they got in stock, because of the next gen coming out at the end of the year.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
It sure is not easy leaking without cosequences. I just hope things are moving in the Shadows but they can't tell right now.

Yes it would be better to announce it a general direct, than dropped like the Paper Mario one. Cause apart of Xenoblade i think Nintendo has to show what they got in stock, because of the next gen coming out at the end of the year.
And the new consoles will make things harder for Nintendo because it will cause a bigger gap in hardware and therefore making Switch versions/ports for upcoming games harder to make or even impossible just like in the Wii U days. They have to pull out more big guns if they want the Switch to last as long as they are planning to.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Exactly.

They will need to pull out their guns to make people still have an interet to the Switch and not be only focused on the next gen consoles (even if the majority will probably have one of the new consoles + a switch at home). So yeah i hope we will se something great soon

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Ness and Lucas both infuse PK effects to their punches and kicks. Would it work for Isaac, something like a Psynergy infused hand chop?

ZelDan

Smash Master
Ness and Lucas both infuse PK effects to their punches and kicks. Would it work for Isaac, something like a Psynergy infused hand chop?
I always thought Isaac's moveset could have stuff like this, albeit involving his sword.

Like, maybe a bunch of vines and thorns cover isaac's sword as he swings it, or Isaac could have a down-air like Toon Link's, except that a stalactite forms around his blade before he drops down.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Wow..it's been a while since i not came here. Sicne end of January.

But always i catched up the pages so first of all..

Congrats for the 1000+ pages guys! Having this thread to be this alive is very impressive =)

And now the most excinting is the new trademark thing! This just got me hyped line never, something finally may happen for us and i hope it will be big news.

But i have a (maybe sutpid) question about all this trademark. Yesterday i was talking with some friends on Discord and we talked about the shadowdropped Paper Mario trailer. And then i spoke about the GS trademark and explained it to my friends. For this i used Nazyrus posts and one of my friends (which knows and speaks a lot better english than the other one) said something like "If all of this is real it's good news ! But then why this subject is (maybe i am wrong) not so spread out by medias, video games websites and all stuff?"

So that's my question, how big is the Trademark thing? Have you seen some big Youtubers or others, talked about it in any way?

Finally now that i catched up i will follow more often this thread ! And also Happy GoldenSunday to everyone. I didn't had enough time to make something. The only thing i have is my video (in French) for the first or second GSDay we amde.

Anyways i'm back and really optimistic for the future of GS ^^
Golden Sun aside, I think in general trademarks just aren't talked about as much. There's just not much you can get in the way of discussion aside from just knowing something is coming. You'd get more discussion and acknowledgement from people if there was some credible text leak hinting at Golden Sun's return. Though as Nazyrus said, that's not as likely to happen.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Golden Sun aside, I think in general trademarks just aren't talked about as much. There's just not much you can get in the way of discussion aside from just knowing something is coming. You'd get more discussion and acknowledgement from people if there was some credible text leak hinting at Golden Sun's return. Though as Nazyrus said, that's not as likely to happen.
Trademarks aren't talked as much first and mostly because people don't care enough to even research about it (it's a boring topic after all), about the classes and what each class means, and therefore begin to realize the meanings and potentials of each trademarks, or the lack of hype behind some of them. People rather remain ignorant and jump to the conclusion that all of them are renewals for some stupid reason (ignorance once again), or that they don't mean anything at all.

That said, I think I already mentioned this, but my NoA guy has heard of GS HD from a source he has and trusts 100%. This was near the end of April. I asked him again a few days ago for any update about it but nada, so I asked him once again how much he trusts his source and he told me that basically it's one of the sources that never fails him and has kept his perfect track record intact. The only thing that is tentative, for obvious reasons, is the date. But the fact that he finally heard about it, with the strong and solid trademark situation aside, pretty much is all what we needed. Here's hoping it gets announced as soon as they can… Nintendo said in their last investor meeting this month that if things don't get worse, they have unannounced games still on schedule, and we just saw how they lifted their state of emergency in Japan this week, and they are below 2k active cases left already. They are basically flying with the situation over there so that's great news already for us expecting development to continue on the normal way and not from home as they've been working on so far.

If the whole pikmin 3 is true, apparently that was supposed to be coming out early already but it got pushed back and hence whey we haven't seen it… and apparently paper mario was supposed to have come out sooner than july as well. Whatever the case, so far the delays have been for just a few months for some stuff at best, or at least the stuff that has been in the works for years already ( and maybe even the Arms character probably got pushed back and thats why we didn't see a full reveal on the first time), so if things have gotten better I think we are in for a good second half of 2020 from Nintendo, hopefully...

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Here's a weird question for you Isaac fans: A new Golden Sun game gets announced and heavily promoted around the end of what would have been E3's presentation, releases in late November. After a two month hiatus of nothing, the protagonist of this new title ends up to be the one chosen for Smash. What is your reaction?

ZelDan

Smash Master
Here's a weird question for you Isaac fans: A new Golden Sun game gets announced and heavily promoted around the end of what would have been E3's presentation, releases in late November. After a two month hiatus of nothing, the protagonist of this new title ends up to be the one chosen for Smash. What is your reaction?
If he/she is by him/herself, it would be...awkward or bittersweet I guess?

if it turned into a Hero situation where said protagonist (presumably a venus adept) also had alts of Isaac, Felix, and Matthew? that would actually be kind of cool, though not seeing Isaac on the "Everyone is here!" banner would still be a bummer.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Trademarks aren't talked as much first and mostly because people don't care enough to even research about it (it's a boring topic after all), about the classes and what each class means, and therefore begin to realize the meanings and potentials of each trademarks, or the lack of hype behind some of them. People rather remain ignorant and jump to the conclusion that all of them are renewals for some stupid reason (ignorance once again), or that they don't mean anything at all.

That said, I think I already mentioned this, but my NoA guy has heard of GS HD from a source he has and trusts 100%. This was near the end of April. I asked him again a few days ago for any update about it but nada, so I asked him once again how much he trusts his source and he told me that basically it's one of the sources that never fails him and has kept his perfect track record intact. The only thing that is tentative, for obvious reasons, is the date. But the fact that he finally heard about it, with the strong and solid trademark situation aside, pretty much is all what we needed. Here's hoping it gets announced as soon as they can… Nintendo said in their last investor meeting this month that if things don't get worse, they have unannounced games still on schedule, and we just saw how they lifted their state of emergency in Japan this week, and they are below 2k active cases left already. They are basically flying with the situation over there so that's great news already for us expecting development to continue on the normal way and not from home as they've been working on so far.

If the whole pikmin 3 is true, apparently that was supposed to be coming out early already but it got pushed back and hence whey we haven't seen it… and apparently paper mario was supposed to have come out sooner than july as well. Whatever the case, so far the delays have been for just a few months for some stuff at best, or at least the stuff that has been in the works for years already ( and maybe even the Arms character probably got pushed back and thats why we didn't see a full reveal on the first time), so if things have gotten better I think we are in for a good second half of 2020 from Nintendo, hopefully...

That's some great news to read. Hoping we will soon see that coming to reality =)

That would be..cool in a way but i would be quite disapointed if it's not Isaac who comes to be playable

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
We get this question every so often, whether it be a possible GS4 protag or Matthew, Dark Dawn's protagonist. Most people will say they'd be happy anything Golden Sun happened, but a little sad it wasn't Isaac that made it in.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I'd be happy to see Golden Sun, but seeing a character I do not know yet would feel weird. It's harder to be hyped about a character that no history (yet) and that you do not know. If that character is related to others that we know (for example, it's Takeru and we know of him already even if we have never seen him, or Felix' kid) we can get hyped by proxy, because then we have leads to speculate about the character, their origin, their history.

Top Bottom