• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
You know what I think? If we got a DD rep, I'd like it to be Sveta.
Isaac takes priority obviously, but I would really like to see a martial artist with magic.

Something like a heavier Shiek with close-mid ranged Psynergy.
There's just so much you can do with the GS characters because of how the classes work and the Djinn themselves.

Beast form could be her FS, or it could be her gimmick with a meter, which weakens her severely after it ends.
I'd love to see Shadow Cannon and Savage Raptor in her moveset in some form, as well as some form of healing with the Boon series.
Also would be cool to see the Track psynergy implemented in some way; maybe have her ground and air speed increased when moving towards Tracked targets?

I'm gonna think up a moveset.

And I know I say literally every time, but I'm feeling hopeful for this Fighters' Pass series.
At least we got another round of hype.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
If Golden Sun is able to continue getting characters after Isaac/Felix then Sveta is the perfect character to represent the Jupiter line of adepts. Karis, Ivan and Sheba are great but Sveta's easily more appealing in terms of her unique playstyle

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Sveta is more close and personal than the other Jupiter adepts. As a Terry main, I would love her.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Sveta would tick so many boxes:
Female character
Brawler
Relatively uncommon element (wind/electricity)
Transformation mechanic.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
This has got me thinking....if you had to choose one adept of each type to be playable in Smash Bros, who would they be?

Isaac (Venus)
Menardi (Mars) (Obviously Saturos is more "prominent" but Menardi has a scythe so she'd be my pick, either that or a tag team of Saturos & Menardi)
Sveta (Jupiter)
Mia or Alex(Mercury) (Not certain on this one since we've never seen Alex fight....otherwise I'd probably pick Mia)

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
This has got me thinking....if you had to choose one adept of each type to be playable in Smash Bros, who would they be?

Isaac (Venus)
Menardi (Mars) (Obviously Saturos is more "prominent" but Menardi has a scythe so she'd be my pick, either that or a tag team of Saturos & Menardi)
Sveta (Jupiter)
Mia or Alex(Mercury) (Not certain on this one since we've never seen Alex fight....otherwise I'd probably pick Mia)
Isaac (Venus)
Saturos (Mars)
Sveta (Jupiter)
Alex (Mercury)

Had a similar thought like this, but with 2 of each game.
Isaac & Alex (TBS)
Felix & Jenna (TLA)
Matthew & Sveta (DD)

All three main protagonists and one of each of the other elements. The reason I choose Alex is because I like the idea of having at least a villain/antagonist from GS in Smash.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I honestly wish all of the rest of the big Brawl requests could get into Ultimate as playable characters before it's wrapped up like: Isaac, Geno, Krystal, Bomberman, Skull Kid, and Lloyd. I really want this chapter to have a happy ending so we can move on with the future so that the big Smash 4 requests like: Shantae, Bandana Dee, Shovel Knight, and Ashley can get more support as well as other characters that really don't have much support yet. I want to see this brighter future unfold within the next Smash if possible.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know it's a little odd to post it here, and this is well before Challenger Pack 6 was posted, but since you mentioned Sveta...

She was one of my chosen ones. To clarify, I had two rules; the exact version of a character cannot have a Spirit. The other is that they were characters I would specifically want in with the first rule in mind.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Just a fun/dumb one to post. Going through tons of screenshots of Isaac can get overwhelming. Haha.

I know it's a little odd to post it here, and this is well before Challenger Pack 6 was posted, but since you mentioned Sveta...

She was one of my chosen ones. To clarify, I had two rules; the exact version of a character cannot have a Spirit. The other is that they were characters I would specifically want in with the first rule in mind.
Sveta is a good choice. It wouldn’t surprise me if she got popular from a lot of players if she was in.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sveta is a good choice. It wouldn’t surprise me if she got popular from a lot of players if she was in.
If they weren't doing Echoes/clones for the second character, she feels like the most likely one after Isaac.

If somehow Spirits were a factor, she would be a nice choice. Though I doubt Golden Sun would be in a better position to get a character than base. New game coming out or a major re-release aside. As of now, same issue.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Isaac may be in a good spot if Spring Man is chosen...

But I think Golden Sun has one big issue that people aren't talking about.

In the west, I certainly think its a big enough IP to consider.

But I remember reading Japanese forum posts where they didn't even know who Isaac or Golden Sun was. And it was fairly common too.

I think he's more obscure in Japan than we realize.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Isaac may be in a good spot if Spring Man is chosen...

But I think Golden Sun has one big issue that people aren't talking about.

In the west, I certainly think its a big enough IP to consider.

But I remember reading Japanese forum posts where they didn't even know who Isaac or Golden Sun was. And it was fairly common too.

I think he's more obscure in Japan than we realize.
I disagree. I believe there was that one "leak" where Isaac was included and 2chan users were confused because they only saw the text and didn't realize it was Isaac from Golden Sun, named Robin in Japan. Golden Sun was popular in Japan, but it was more popular in the West, especially Europe. It's not like Banjo was a huge Japanese IP either, but he's in because the fans wanted him.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I disagree. I believe there was that one "leak" where Isaac was included and 2chan users were confused because they only saw the text and didn't realize it was Isaac from Golden Sun, named Robin in Japan. Golden Sun was popular in Japan, but it was more popular in the West, especially Europe. It's not like Banjo was a huge Japanese IP either, but he's in because the fans wanted him.
I'm not saying its impossible to be included without massive Japanese support.

I'm just saying it may be an issue.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I'm not saying its impossible to be included without massive Japanese support.

I'm just saying it may be an issue.
Golden Sun was still popular in Japan, iirc the first game sold around 300,000 units in Japan, which is pretty good. Additionally, Japanese support seems to be less and less of an issue. Ridley, Dark Samus, Simon, and Banjo all were included for Westerners (with Richter as an Echo for the Japanese) and Nintendo has a better grasp on what's popular worldwide. If it only based on Japanese popularity, Bandana Dee would've been added years ago.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Golden Sun was still popular in Japan, iirc the first game sold around 300,000 units in Japan, which is pretty good. Additionally, Japanese support seems to be less and less of an issue. Ridley, Dark Samus, Simon, and Banjo all were included for Westerners (with Richter as an Echo for the Japanese) and Nintendo has a better grasp on what's popular worldwide. If it only based on Japanese popularity, Bandana Dee would've been added years ago.
I get Ridley, Dark Samus and Banjo, but I think Simon had Japanese popularity.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I get Ridley, Dark Samus and Banjo, but I think Simon had Japanese popularity.
Simon is more popular in the West where he's seen as the face of the franchise, but in Japan Richter is the most popular Belmont. Castlevania as a whole is popular in both regions but the character of choice varies between Japan and the West.

Going by the massive Exit Poll conducted around the time of the Smash Ballot, Isaac is not as popular in Japan as he is in the rest of the world, finishing 9th in the Japan Nintendo newcomer section and 18th in the Japan combined section. However, that's only one poll conducted by Source Gaming. We see in the US/Euro Merged poll that Isaac was 2nd after K. Rool with an insane 8.02% of the combined vote of 13 polls. When merged, Isaac stood second overall after K. Rool with 4.63% of the total vote, 0.3% ahead of Banjo. I'd agree with you that Isaac's popularity in Japan is not nearly as strong as it is in the rest of the world. However, I don't think it's much of a barrier for entry anymore. The Smash Ballot really opened Nintendo's eyes to who was actually popular worldwide and it's been shown that Sakurai's attitude for adding characters has changed and he really wants to please the fans.

(Data from the SSB4Dojo poll)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Bandana Dee is almost K. Rool levels popular in the west and the east. Especially in the east. I still don't know why for the life of me why they haven't added him in the roster yet with him being so popular and relevant dominanting fan polls pretty much always making the top 5 or top 3 in them.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bandana Dee is almost K. Rool levels popular in the west and the east. Especially in the east. I still don't know why for the life of me why they haven't added him in the roster yet with him being so popular and relevant dominanting fan polls pretty much always making the top 5 or top 3 in them.
Dee hasn't gotten to K.Rool levels in the west at least. He doesn't dominate the conversation yet.

That said, he's certainly popular enough to add in.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Simon is more popular in the West where he's seen as the face of the franchise, but in Japan Richter is the most popular Belmont. Castlevania as a whole is popular in both regions but the character of choice varies between Japan and the West.
Yeah, that's not true. Or at the very least there's literally no evidence to support it what so ever. Richter is just a character that is lucky to be here since echoes are a thing and Sakurai took moves from Richter's game to make a full moveset. The whole Richter is the most popular Belmont in Japan is a confusion of the fact Rondo of Blood was Japanese only.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's not true. Or at the very least there's literally no evidence to support it what so ever. Richter is just a character that is lucky to be here since echoes are a thing and Sakurai took moves from Richter's game to make a full moveset. The whole Richter is the most popular Belmont in Japan is a confusion of the fact Rondo of Blood was Japanese only.
Really? That's my bad. I had thought Sakurai had sad Richter was added for Japanese players, but I guess I got that wrong.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Dee hasn't gotten to K.Rool levels in the west at least. He doesn't dominate the conversation yet.

That said, he's certainly popular enough to add in.
If we are talking about characters who dominate polls, Dee is one of them. He is always there most notably in the top 5 or top 3. K. Rool was dominating polls in numbers like that or greater before he was confirmed.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So you all may know Nintendo just shadow dropped a trailer for a new Paper Mario.

At first I was so confused, why in the world wasn't this revealed in the Mini Direct (the game is coming out in July, so it must not have been too effected by the virus like later titles could be)? It got me to thinking that maybe we might get more shadow drops throughout the coming months.

I don't know how I'd feel about that happening to Golden Sun. Golden Sun really needs the fanfare with its announcement. If we really get another Golden Sun I really don't want Nintendo bungling up the way they advertise it in any way shape or form.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
It would be stupid of them to go down this route for GS and I think most people would agree that its sales would be severy gimped barring some fluke.
Hopefully they're just doing it for the bigger games (not really familiar with Paper Mario so I'm assuming it had a decently-sized fanbase?).

I'd rather just have them announced at mini events or something like that; there's more reach that way.

ZelDan

Smash Master
If GS has to get announced outside of a direct, then it is what it is with the Coronavirus going on I suppose.

I just hope they don't shadowdrop it and do try to announce and hype it up beforehand.

Last edited:

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman

Bro it really is really going to be wake up one morning to an official Golden Sun Switch trailer tweet.

This is the world we live in.

This also this popped up in my feed again. Stuff we certainly already know, but just seeing it in the larger context of all the Nintendo-related developers is just like... so blindingly obvious.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Just imagine waking up, just casually walking to your computer and going online as per daily routine, you check out youtube for ****s and giggles and you just so happen to glance at some video thumbnails basically spelling out "oh yeah BTW new Golden Sun game and Isaac is in Smash" just like that.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Just imagine waking up, just casually walking to your computer and going online as per daily routine, you check out youtube for ****s and giggles and you just so happen to glance at some video thumbnails basically spelling out "oh yeah BTW new Golden Sun game and Isaac is in Smash" just like that.
Lol! That would be great! That would be some wonderful news to hear at a time like this.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
IF Nintendo wants to pull this with Golden Sun on Switch at the very least they should have a pretty big spotlight for it in another following direct before it releases. And social media is a much bigger place than when Dark Dawn released so that could still help it, we have big personalities like Stealth, Shinobi and Rami Ismail that could do the game favors by spreading the word, even Cory Barlog of God of War fame on top of that.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If Isaac does end up as part of the second fighter pass along with getting a remake of the originals or a Golden Sun 4 I'd prefer if Sakurai just revealed the remake/new game in the Smash direct.

Like right after he reveals Isaac in Smash he says "one more thing" and a trailer for Golden Sun 4/Remake starts.

Seems like the only scenario that could stop a tweet reveal at this point.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

there is an Agumon spirit?

Top Bottom