• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
ss+(2020-03-20+at+12.11.26).jpg

Made my first custom design on Animal Crossing NH. going to do the other 3 too.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I guess it would mean so. Do you mean it was never released there before ? That may hint even stronger at it being a soon to be announced game then.
Yeah if someone can verify if it was never in Korea then this is certainly an interesting one. The trademark becomes more and more distant from the other ones. More complete in all aspects, more unique.

Edit: Alright, after eating I checked the link, and yeah… they are nearing more and more (Nintendo I mean) the time limit where they can get an opposition. So far it has been 16 months. If an opposition regarding the Golden Sun trademark happens when they hit 18 months, this means Nintendo got 2 months left to do whatever legal step they have to do before getting such opposition happens. Reminder that this trademark costed a fair amount of money, and NoJ doesn't really let things die after wasting money like that. If Nintendo shows progress to whatever entity about their product, then we're gucci. I don't know if that means they would be showing something to the public, but as long as the legal steps keep happening, we're still in game guys. Come on Nintendo!

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 1.11.19 PM.png

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
And here's the Animal Crossing NH custom designs for the other 3.

ss+(2020-03-20+at+01.37.59).jpg
ss+(2020-03-20+at+01.38.16).jpg
ss+(2020-03-20+at+01.38.33).jpg

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
The Korean trademark is actually pretty big news. The games were never released there before, so it means something relating to Golden Sun must be happening. It's not at all like NoJ to put forth all this effort to trademark this thing worldwide and not do anything with it.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
There's also the fact that they have been refused a couple of times already through the time that has passed since it began late 2018, and Nintendo KEEPS coming back with it and even asked for extensions. They are not giving up on this one. The latest status that says "final decision" has a description of being in current "pre-examination". So Nintendo most likely must have finally been able to show them what they need to see and it's finally being examined. The deadline given by that last status is some kind of ultimatum for when they reach 18 months, which means Nintendo has 2 months left to get that finally approved. If it's in "pre-examination" since the 17th of this month then things are happening. If they pass that, we're good! and better than good even, cause those legal proceedures would be finally done.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I guess it would mean so. Do you mean it was never released there before ? That may hint even stronger at it being a soon to be announced game then.
Yes. Remember I said GS got never released in where I live? Well, I'm Korean, and this is big news!

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Hopefully there's a Direct this week. We need some kind of news to keep us distracted. Plus, there is currently no first-party Nintendo game with a release date, so that's not at all worrying. Admittedly, the pandemic hasn't been helpful, but I believe we'll see something this week. There's no way Nintendo wouldn't have anything until E3, right?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Hopefully there's a Direct this week. We need some kind of news to keep us distracted. Plus, there is currently no first-party Nintendo game with a release date, so that's not at all worrying. Admittedly, the pandemic hasn't been helpful, but I believe we'll see something this week. There's no way Nintendo wouldn't have anything until E3, right?
More like there's no way they will go to their investor meeting at the end of this month with nothing shown. The rumor of the 26th is taking more shape now with this by the way (as if Zhuge retweeting it wasn't already a good sign)

Jedi academy got listed for PS4 on that same day and it's likely to be on the switch as well since we already got Jedi Outcast and that's the already rumored date for a direct, so… yeeeah, the rumor could be real after all. It already got right the indie world direct. Better than no leads at least! And it is nearing the end of the month when the investor meeting is happening and their new fiscal year starts soooo… yeah, they "should", would be the right way to put it, lol.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
With the new Animal Crossing that just released it's really cool how people are using it to spread more Golden Sun love
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Woah, that’s some pretty great news about the trademark. Seems like every time we hear about this thing it sounds better and better. Now we just have to wait and see.

Here’s a question. Nintendo has shown that they’re planning to extend the life of their games by implementing season passes and stuff. Especially their RPG series like Xenoblade, Fire Emblem and Zelda. If we do get a Golden Sun remake, do you think there’s a possibility it will get one?

My idea is an “Isaac Mode.” An extra bit of DLC that makes it so, when the point of view normally switches to Felix, you stay with Isaac instead and get to see what he and his party were up to from the events of the Venus Lighthouse to the Jupiter Lighthouse. I think this would be the coolest way to do a side story without it feeling detached from the main game. This could work if the game is just the original or the two combined, too.

Last edited:

Smash Lord
Woah, that’s some pretty great news about the trademark. Seems like every time we hear about this thing it sounds better and better. Now we just have to wait and see.

Here’s a question. Nintendo has shown that they’re planning to extend the life of their games by implementing season passes and stuff. Especially their RPG series like Xenoblade, Fire Emblem and Zelda. If we do get a Golden Sun remake, do you think there’s a possibility it will get one?

My idea is an “Isaac Mode.” An extra bit of DLC that makes it so, when the point of view normally switches to Felix, you stay with Isaac instead and get to see what he and his party were up to from the events of the Venus Lighthouse to the Jupiter Lighthouse. I think this would be the coolest way to do a side story without it feeling detached from the main game. This could work if the game is just the original or the two combined, too.
A change in perspective from that scenario will be really cool. I also think they could add a prequel expansion too where you explore the events that led to Alchemy being sealed, would be a really fun way to learn some more things about the Golden Sun universe

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I think a prequel would be its own game, but having small bits of story like the point of view of each part being reversed, or the quest for the Roc Feather could be doable.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I wish, but with the current state of the world I can't see it happening unless everything that must be made on their offices for the Direct is already done.
More like there's no way they will go to their investor meeting at the end of this month with nothing shown. The rumor of the 26th is taking more shape now with this by the way (as if Zhuge retweeting it wasn't already a good sign)
Does Nintendo have to show the new products to the public? Or is it possible for them to show the goods to the investors in private?

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Does Nintendo have to show the new products to the public? Or is it possible for them to show the goods to the investors in private?
Since Nintendo is a publicly traded company, the SEC requires a 10-K filing every year for transparency to investors. Or, I assume, something similar happens in Japan, as it's generally in line with America in this regard. Since these filings are public anyway, companies usually have an investor meeting to control the message more. It's good for the stock price to invite the press, hype it up, especially when you had a fiscal year like Nintendo had last year. It's a big deal, and that's what's coming up at the end of March.

In fact, it's the single biggest thing of the year, tbh. It can make or break you, and everything has to be accurate under penalty of law. To be fair, it's mostly numbers for the last year, but there's often more too it than that.

They COULD file their 10-K and and hold the meeting with absolutely nothing on the docket for 2020... But that could be quite bad to their stock. If someone said, "damn look at all these Switches we moved last year. Crazy huh? Don't expect anything past Xenoblade port for 2020 tho!", what would you do as a Nintendo shareholder? You'd sell that **** ASAP, no point holding on for it to go down. At the very least you'd be super skeptical and riding on trust for big drops at E3.

That's why even companies on the brink of irrelevancy will make moves, try to implement new stuff, hire Reggie right before this. If you can sell the investors on _something_ happening in the next year, you can at least soften the blow of bad numbers, inspire hope, and buy time.

If they hid stuff, depending on what it was, it could be legally held against them for manipulating/misrepresenting to their shareholders. Game announcements/future projects certainly aren't on this level (It'd have to be like "Oh btw secret studio you all didn't know about!"), but it's still not inspiring confidence with a lack of them. Why would they anyway? It would only hurt their business and stock price. Remember, the NX and DeNA phone game partnership were both announced at this meeting in 2015, long before anything came of them.

Last edited:

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Well, tomorrow’s judgement day I guess. If we do get a direct announcement, then the day after that is also judgement day for us Golden Sun fans.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Well, tomorrow’s judgement day I guess. If we do get a direct announcement, then the day after that is also judgement day for us Golden Sun fans.
Well I wouldn't say that for Golden Sun. As long as the trademark isn't totally cancelled and dead (which is something Nintendo has kept from happening all this time… and is still in pre-examination phase) then the announcement can come whenever still. My window of wait was all of 2020 for GS as it is, the only thing that changed my mind about 2020 as a whole is that they were given 18 months of ultimatum for a final decision, and that means they got 2 months left to do whatever they gotta do to get it past the approval they need. Of course, I would love it if it was announced already this next direct lol, specially if it's one of those games that are part of ports and hd remasters/remakes that many insiders + the 26th rumor have been hinting to be Nintendo's goal for this year.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I wish, but with the current state of the world I can't see it happening unless everything that must be made on their offices for the Direct is already done.

It's certainly possible that this could be an issue, but I also would be fairly surprised if work on the direct wasn't finished significantly ahead of time. We shall see though I suppose.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Well I wouldn't say that for Golden Sun. As long as the trademark isn't totally cancelled and dead (which is something Nintendo has kept from happening all this time… and is still in pre-examination phase) then the announcement can come whenever still. My window of wait was all of 2020 for GS as it is, the only thing that changed my mind about 2020 as a whole is that they were given 18 months of ultimatum for a final decision, and that means they got 2 months left to do whatever they gotta do to get it past the approval they need. Of course, I would love it if it was announced already this next direct lol, specially if it's one of those games that are part of ports and hd remasters/remakes that many insiders + the 26th rumor have been hinting to be Nintendo's goal for this year.
Oh of course, I think we could see Golden Sun whenever. I was moreso talking about the possibility of something other than Golden Sun being shown.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Update on the trademark. Now 2 regions/countries are on final decision stage, previously only ID was. ID is still in pre examination while NZ still has yet to get into that I guess. Some type of update today at least!
Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 11.19.19 AM.png

Kalaam

Smash Ace
What does 'Grant of Protection' mean?
Legal Protection of the IP. So the fact that in that region, someone else using the IP for something similar will be prevented. (So if Sony tries to release a game called Golden Sun there, it won't pass)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Trademark situation update! It's getting good!
I made it into a tweet already so i will just share it here. But basically we are starting to get through examinations without irregularity letters in some regions, so that might end being the same for the other regions and get actually approved! This is really good.

Edit: typo, i meant without irregularity letters, not WITH them lol.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Trademark situation update! It's getting good!
I made it into a tweet already so i will just share it here. But basically we are starting to get through examinations with irregularity letters in some regions, so that might end being the same for the other regions and get actually approved! This is really good.

That's good, but it looks like Vietnam's trademark got abandoned. That's sad.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

This trademark stuff is really exciting!

Crackpot Theory:
The reason for the delay of the Direct is because Nintendo is trying to get the GS trademark all approved.
Once that’s done, they will show off the GS goods! Including Isaac in Smash! lol

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
That's good, but it looks like Vietnam's trademark got abandoned. That's sad.
Yeah I guess it's possible for some to not make it in in the end but still won't affect the final result. The two times the trademark was refused were by NZ and ID, and NZ is already showing no problems with irregularity letters, which is great! Maybe these 2 are the only ones that need to get past this, and the rest are already ready, I dunno, just assuming heh.

P.D. : After properly checking, "NZ" is the most important one of the two that are currently in "final decision" stage, and it's just the one that is showing already positive progress immediately in comparison to its past refusal years ago. This time there was no irregularity letter. It's the one that is used regarding requirements as they state on that site.
Meanwhile "ID" is probably not that important so if it gets abandoned like VN it shouldn't really do any harm… I hope? lol I dunno if it has any special importance. I honestly don't know about these things enough but if it goes well then that's the same in the end for us, it should be good news and that they will definitely be able to use the trademark for whatever they are making.

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 10.26.52 PM.png

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This Direct doesn't specify who the new fighter will be beyond them being from ARMS. AT promotions happening?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Whats that? A franchise that already got miis, spirits and AT is gonna get a rep now in smash ultimate? Make a line please naysayers! Anything is possible, even more first party! Lets goooo

Kalaam

Smash Ace
That's the moment of truth, if it's not Springman it will be a solid point for the AT rule.
If he is the character/one of the alts, the AT rule is dead and buried.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Even beyond the implications of future characters, an ARMS character is pretty cool considering how charming the cast is. Also, all the people who argued that ARMS is a failure have no leg to stand on.

Smash Lord
Well we didn't get any new Nintendo games at all so kinda disappointed (hoping in the coming months we could get some juicy new games especially Golden Sun Switch), still if the assist trophy fan rule could get broken from this then that's huge for us. We just need to keep chugging through, we made it too far to turn back now

Last edited:
Top Bottom