• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Ahah the idea for Alex is great. It's just Saturos/Menardi and Agatio/Karts but with alex on the side throwing healing items at them.

Jibunzo

Smash Rookie
E3 is official cancelled this year. Me, personally, I'm bummed. Always enjoyed the presentations, even if just for themselves. Some other people seem to be reveling in the schadenfreude, but E3 has always been just a special week for me to just enjoy the artsistic endeavors of the gaming industry, good and bad.

It's possible that E3's cancellation won't have an effect on game announcements, though one might argue that an industry-wide event contributes to the impetus for more extravagant or impactful trailers/announcements. Regardless, COVID19 could have further reaching consequences beyond the cancellation of large events. We might see delays in production and development across the industry, to varying degrees. Not suggesting panic or hysteria, that never helps,. Just something to keep an eye on. Social Distancing might become a familiar term over the next few months.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Personally I don't consider Steve/Minecraft as Indie... But does Nintendo put Minecraft on Indie Directs/Showcases? Because I don't know.

If they do, that will be important.

Ok then, something about GS. Sorry about starting the whole indie thing.
What kind of new GS things would you like to see? Like what song or what kind of spirits?
Give great remixes of Isaac's Battle Theme, Saturos Battle and Walking Forward with Determination and I'll be happy.

As for Spirits... Does Dullahan have official artwork? I don't think so.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
E3 is official cancelled this year. Me, personally, I'm bummed. Always enjoyed the presentations, even if just for themselves. Some other people seem to be reveling in the schadenfreude, but E3 has always been just a special week for me to just enjoy the artsistic endeavors of the gaming industry, good and bad.

It's possible that E3's cancellation won't have an effect on game announcements, though one might argue that an industry-wide event contribute to the impetus for more extravagant trailers. Regardless, COVID19 could have further reaching consequences beyond the cancellation of large events. We might see delays in production and development across the industry, to varying degrees. Not suggesting panic or hysteria, that never helps,. Just something to keep an eye on. Social Distancing might become a familiar term over the next few months.
Fwiw most of the presentations will probably still happen. Microsoft and Ubisoft are going to have digital versions, and I'd imagine most if not all the others will follow suit. I mean, Nintendo was most of the way there already, their plans probably change least.

The main thing that won't happen are the developments that are struck behind-closed-doors at E3, which is a shame, but at least we'll still get something.

Personally I don't consider Steve/Minecraft as Indie... But does Nintendo put Minecraft on Indie Directs/Showcases? Because I don't know.

They put Travis in an indie Direct, but I don't think he's considered an indie character. I mean Cuphead is an indie character, because he's owned by Studio MDHR, but Cuphead the game has its rights owned by Microsoft, and they funded its development.

What gets shown in those things isn't always 100% indicative of being a true "indie".

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I have a hunch we'll still be seeing a relatively coordinated pseudo-E3 via livestreams and such. My understanding is companies work for months preparing material for showing in and around E3, and press conferences have been streamed for a long time anyway. The ESA should be able to work with major publishers to hold streams that week so that fans get their announcements and companies get their heightened publicity.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Oh my way to the Mercury Lighthouse. I got confused and ran all over the map like almost twice because I could have sworn they said Venus Lighthouse lmao.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker

Give great remixes of Isaac's Battle Theme, Saturos Battle and Walking Forward with Determination and I'll be happy.

As for Spirits... Does Dullahan have official artwork? I don't think so.
Dullahan does have an artwork, actually.
https://goldensun.fandom.com/wiki/Dullahan

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Is that light a sign of good things to come? Hmm?

That would be awesome to have a full render of Dullahan!
Isaac would probably make a good Mortal Savant with his high proficiency in swords, reason and probably faith as well seeing as he can heal.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Isaac would probably make a good Mortal Savant with his high proficiency in swords, reason and probably faith as well seeing as he can heal.
Well, Mortal Savant is basically the ninja class. I think he could get Byleth's special class too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Mortal Savant is basically the ninja class. I think he could get Byleth's special class too.
Didn't even consider that. Yes, very much so. And at the very least Isaac would know Ragnarok, but it would look a little different.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The problem is that Mortal Savant is slow. Trickster is better.
Gotta need something as an end class however. Isaac fits the Hero archetype most in terms of stats, but they can't cast spells. Yeah Trickster might work, but it's also not a very strong class. Guess Isaac would be something unique, or like the other poster said, similar to Byleth's unique class, Enlightened One. Except the brawling part. I don't see Isaac doing that. He definitely would be able to heal and well, guess there's no Earth based magic in Fire Emblem so ...

Garet would also probably be a Hero, but more specificalized in Axes, or a Warrior who's also good at using swords, and reason. For some reason, I do picture Garet being good at brawling too. Definitely would learn all the fire spells. Probably Meteor too.

Ivan is a clear Sorcerer, who's also pretty good with swords. Learns Wind of course, Thunder, Thoron, Bolting, Cutting Gale and Excalibur.

Mia is a Priestess or Gremory or something. Learns Blizzard and Fimbulvertr. Slight axe proficiency to use the mace weapon. Otherwise she has nothing. Also obviously very strong with faith magic. Probably also learns Fortify.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Gotta need something as an end class however. Isaac fits the Hero archetype most in terms of stats, but they can't cast spells. Yeah Trickster might work, but it's also not a very strong class. Guess Isaac would be something unique, or like the other poster said, similar to Byleth's unique class, Enlightened One. Except the brawling part. I don't see Isaac doing that. He definitely would be able to heal and well, guess there's no Earth based magic in Fire Emblem so ...

Garet would also probably be a Hero, but more specificalized in Axes, or a Warrior who's also good at using swords, and reason. For some reason, I do picture Garet being good at brawling too. Definitely would learn all the fire spells. Probably Meteor too.

Ivan is a clear Sorcerer, who's also pretty good with swords. Learns Wind of course, Thunder, Thoron, Bolting, Cutting Gale and Excalibur.

Mia is a Priestess or Gremory or something. Learns Blizzard and Fimbulvertr. Slight axe proficiency to use the mace weapon. Otherwise she has nothing. Also obviously very strong with faith magic. Probably also learns Fortify.
I could see Garet being a war monk actually, assuming War monks can use reason spells that is.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Finally played and beat Dark Dawn, and oh my god i feel terrible that everyone here have been left with that cliffhanger for so many years... if we get a continuation i consider myself kinda lucky for waiting way less, lol.

Game was great, obviously not as long as the first 2 but thats obvious to be expected. My only nitpick is that only half the cast you get fleshed out really while the other half is pretty forgettable and just convinient for very small portions of the game. Sveta obviously the best character imo, loved her (she is literally tifa and red xiii combined in my brain now lol). Now i am more conflicted than ever if i want a continuation of DD or remake/remaster of the first ones... obviously the wet dream would be getting both, lol. Definitely not as bad as some ppl made DD look like, i think the first 2 games are such a big and great thing, that it is impossible for further sequels to be ever on their same level tbh. I am willing to let camelot surprise me tho.

I guess it depends on what camelot and nintendo rather aim for:
a) they remaster/remake the 3 games for switch in order to please both old fans and get new ones hooked up from the beginning, and THEN give us a sequel to DD later in a near future (next years).

Or

b) they just make the 4th game without touching the 3 games again (maybe "too much time and money" would be their excuse) and somehow retell the whole story as cutscenes and the story books similar to the ones you find in DD (for new players i mean).

I would prefer the first scenario of course...

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Now Nazyrus Nazyrus the real important question.
Do you ship Sveta and Matthew ?

And I'd also prefer the first scenario since it will bring the serie back on the front row, train the newer devs, is easier to sell (since it retells the beginning of the story and is nostalgic) and prepare everyone for the sequel.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Now Nazyrus Nazyrus the real important question.
Do you ship Sveta and Matthew ?

And I'd also prefer the first scenario since it will bring the serie back on the front row, train the newer devs, is easier to sell (since it retells the beginning of the story and is nostalgic) and prepare everyone for the sequel.
I kinda do actually! As a leader and her story i saw more interaction with them specially in the end of course. Karis was alright but she was just more of a friendly voice of reason than anything else really. And himi... there is just nothing and she is like 12, plus she felt like a very small plot device with one particular psynergy use... lol. Sveta is just adorable and badass, fights like tifa almost.

Yeah I would give anything to see 1+2 in modern camelot graphics... just a visual upgrade. I dont think there is much else that can be done for those games to be improved.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Well they could add tie in to dark dawn, like a few npc dialogues/mind reads about Kaocho when you're in Xian, stuff like that. Maybe with item descriptions you can get info about the beastmen too, small additions like that.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
If we get a 1+2 remaster, then we would have the same classic password thing back. Finding it was like inputting a fighting game command.
Also, would it be a 2d or 3d?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If we get a 1+2 remaster, then we would have the same classic password thing back. Finding it was like inputting a fighting game command.
Also, would it be a 2d or 3d?
I imagine a remake like links awakening (not the same art style/direction of course). A 3d-ish 2d game if that even makes sense. Everyone is approaching that lately tbh, except for octopath traveler i guess.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I imagine a remake like links awakening (not the same art style/direction of course). A 3d-ish 2d game if that even makes sense. Everyone is approaching that lately tbh, except for octopath traveler i guess.
Didn't know what Octopath Traveler was, so I searched it. It's some kind of 2d rpg I presume?
I thought this game was about octopuses.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I could see Garet being a war monk actually, assuming War monks can use reason spells that is.
If you can use Faith spells then you can use Reason and vice versa.

If it wasn't for Brawling, War Monk would be perfect for Mia.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It seems more likely now than ever. However, we never had a huge chance to begin with. But with the massive outcry for Golden Sun, Camelot doing nothing so far, and so many RPG remakes for the Switch, I estimate the chances being quite good now.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It seems more likely now than ever. However, we never had a huge chance to begin with. But with the massive outcry for Golden Sun, Camelot doing nothing so far, and so many RPG remakes for the Switch, I estimate the chances being quite good now.
Yeah and a new trademark separate from the old ones that are getting renewed on their own (like DD just this year which was its last one and GS1's tm is still going till next year). The chances are there unlike before where we really didn't have anything going for it, i think it's just a matter of time now that the trademark is a thing and got recently approved late 2019.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
If the rumor is true, we get an indie direct this week, and a general direct next week.
Let's wait just a bit more, and we can find out if this is true or not.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It's always great to see more Golden Sun fan works to tide us over during this long drought
There was a problem fetching the tweet
People really love Sveta.

Top Bottom