• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Hope we get an Nintendo direct soon.
The drought of information is overwhelming.

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
A remake or port would be great! I'll (sadly) admit I have yet to finish one of the games...I played my uncles copy of the first game (I think) on GBA and I have the DS one...just haven't got around to really play that one much

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Hope we get an Nintendo direct soon.
The drought of information is overwhelming.
We're obviously getting one very soon, otherwise i don't know how they pretend to sell this month and the next months' games without promoting/marketing them, lol. Last year they skipped january too but february obviously got one, i think on the 13th iirc

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
We're obviously getting one very soon, otherwise i don't know how they pretend to sell this month and the next months' games without promoting/marketing them, lol. Last year they skipped january too but february obviously got one, i think on the 13th iirc
If there's a direct this week, will they air in this Thursday? Directs are usually on Thursdays, I think.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
IMG_20200210_073153.png

This is from an interview Sakurai did after Byleth. Notice the second one says "Tried to start working on a title where the original game was still in development."
Is this talking about Byleth, or someone else?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I can't make out what that whole sentence even means to begin with. Might it just be poorly translated?

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
View attachment 261684
This is from an interview Sakurai did after Byleth. Notice the second one says "Tried to start working on a title where the original game was still in development."
Is this talking about Byleth, or someone else?
It's just about Byleth. He's just mentioning how Byleth comes from a more recent game compared to most of the other pass characters besides Joker and the game was still yet to be released when he was chosen for Smash

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

From Golden Sun ****posts on Twitter

This is literally all of us GS fans. Almost any GS content we will devour! Haha!

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This is literally all of us GS fans. Almost any GS content we will devour! Haha!
When it comes to that account, you should link the tweets rather than embedding them. The username of the account makes any embedded tweets from it into a case of censor-dodging.

EDIT: turns out that you can't link it, since the censor alters the link. I edited the post to just directly include the image, along with a mention of the source.

Last edited:

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Man that diorama combined with Dorimia were pretty awesome to wake up to.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

You guys seriously do a great job with spreading the Golden Sun stuff across Twitter. I think that's probably the biggest advantage a fanbase can have in 2020, so thanks. It's cool getting to see Japanese and European fans and their content too.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

You know, if Sakurai wanted to, they could use Bayo’s Smash attacks as a reference and turn them into psynergy hands for Isaac or something. Like F Smash is “Force” and D Smash is “Pound” for example. I would like a big mix of earth bending and utility psynergy for his move set, personally.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker

You know, if Sakurai wanted to, they could use Bayo’s Smash attacks as a reference and turn them into psynergy hands for Isaac or something. Like F Smash is “Force” and D Smash is “Pound” for example. I would like a big mix of earth bending and utility psynergy for his move set, personally.
The last pic is really awesome. I wish Pound becomes an individual move so we can see it for real.

Last edited:

Jibunzo

Smash Rookie
Looks like they have 178 different diorama cubes, some really cool stuff in there. Only a few aren't sold out, though, and those run from €72 to €75 (~$78.50 to $81.79).

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
That's amazing looking. If I had lots of materials I would do that kind of stuff every now and then for various games. Wouldn't look nearly as good as this person's tho, I'm kinda messy with crafts lol , I'm more of a digital artist instead…

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Anyone else getting really disappointed at each week passing by without a Direct?

You see, I get the feeling that if a Mario Golf Switch is in development, it will show up in this upcoming Direct. Thus, if it doesn't show up, then there is reason to believe that maybe something...more happier for us might be going on. But if Mario Golf Switch does get revealed it will be a lot like the November 2018 Smash Direct where Isaac got revealed as an AT and it will be super depressing.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Anyone else getting really disappointed at each week passing by without a Direct?

You see, I get the feeling that if a Mario Golf Switch is in development, it will show up in this upcoming Direct. Thus, if it doesn't show up, then there is reason to believe that maybe something...more happier for us might be going on. But if Mario Golf Switch does get revealed it will be a lot like the November 2018 Smash Direct where Isaac got revealed as an AT and it will be super depressing.
To be honest people shouldn't have expected Isaac in smash because of the trademark. You don't trademark a character or it's franchise to get into smash, no one has had that, and isaac clearly didn't get that back when he appeared in Brawl either. People only had themselves to blame for expecting him due to the trademark, at best a copyright would've been more of a lead, and even then not really…. Specially since this new trademark was filed by NoJ and is class 9 and includes a bunch of stuff the other current GS ones don't have, AND the trademarks for the original games and DD didn't need anything back then and we can see that by how DD is JUST renewing its trademark now in its last year of lifetime, and GS1 still has till 2021. Honestly we were just looking it from the wrong perspective because we were so focused on Isaac for smash and not knowing how trademarks work and are really for.

At some point this year we can easily get that game announcement, whatever it is (new or remaster or remake or whatever). Even if mario golf happened that doesn't really take away GS chances away, specially after all the time it has been since they last put out a game I could see both. Tbh if it was mario golf it shouldn't have taken this long for them to get it out there already, so I "personally" doubt it's mario golf already, not to mention that didn't get a new trademark of any sort, unlike GS.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

It is disappointing it's been so long since the last Direct, especially with the very minimal 2020 slate of games we're currently aware of. Nintendo seems ever more keen to keep things close to the chest.

But yeah, we're now in the phase where Camelot's next game could get revealed during any general Direct now. I'd be hugely surprised if 2020 came and went without finding out what it is to be. Especially because most of their games have quick turnover.

To be honest people shouldn't have expected Isaac in smash because of the trademark. You don't trademark a character or it's franchise to get into smash, no one has had that, and isaac clearly didn't get that back when he appeared in Brawl either. People only had themselves to blame for expecting him due to the trademark, at best a copyright would've been more of a lead, and even then not really…. Specially since this new trademark was filed by NoJ and is class 9 and includes a bunch of stuff the other current GS ones don't have, AND the trademarks for the original games and DD didn't need anything back then and we can see that by how DD is JUST renewing its trademark now in its last year of lifetime, and GS1 still has till 2021. Honestly we were just looking it from the wrong perspective because we were so focused on Isaac for smash and not knowing how trademarks work and are really for.

At some point this year we can easily get that game announcement, whatever it is (new or remaster or remake or whatever). Even if mario golf happened that doesn't really take away GS chances away, specially after all the time it has been since they last put out a game I could see both. Tbh if it was mario golf it shouldn't have taken this long for them to get it out there already, so I "personally" doubt it's mario golf already, not to mention that didn't get a new trademark of any sort, unlike GS.
I really don't think the trademark was what drove the brunt of the expectation. People were more hung up on the Rathalos pic, the sprout item, and especially his absence than the trademark.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I really don't think the trademark was what drove the brunt of the expectation. People were more hung up on the Rathalos pic, the sprout item, and especially his absence than the trademark.
Oh I know, I was definitely part of THAT side of people getting teased, we had reasons to believe it on that aspect back then. Then I thought the Chrom with a wing picture would mean sephiroth as well, and never happened either. If people still fall for sakurai's pics to this day … -cough- arle fans -cough- … then I don't know when will people learn, lol. I certainly did and I'm never falling for it again.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
yeah rule of thumb don't take much of what comes out of Sakurai's twitter seriously, he knows at this point people look at it so he doesn't put anything that could be a hint

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
yeah rule of thumb don't take much of what comes out of Sakurai's twitter seriously, he knows at this point people look at it so he doesn't put anything that could be a hint
Funnily enough, this might be because of the Rathalos tweet. So many people saw something that just wasn't there (even though my god, were there some very very strong coincidences) that Sakurai probably didn't want something like that to happen again.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Does he not want it to happen because he don't want fans to feel disappointed and sad ? Or because he doesn't want backlash ? °3°

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Just so you're aware, image-only posts are considered spam; try to include some text along with an image.
Apologies, just thought it was a fun and succinct answer to the question.

For sake of elaboration Kalaam Kalaam : Sakurai and the rest of the Smash team surely weigh numerous factors in any decision. From what he's said in the Directs it seems clear that avoiding disappointing fans is a chief concern of his, but as such a public figure he no doubt also simply wants to reduce backlash sent his way on social media. His recent column about Byleth admitting that there are too many Fire Emblem characters as well as too many swordsmen seems to track with this: he wants the community to know that they're aware of criticisms and are trying their best to respond accordingly, in Byleth's case by adding the variety of weaponry in their moveset.

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Oh I know, I was just trolling a little bit. It seems clear that Sakurai cares a great deal about making a game that as many people as possible enjoy.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
I’m feeling good about this. In fact, I’d say Isaac has an even higher chance now than he did for base back then, which is crazy. All for the simple fact that Golden Sun might be happening at the same time.

Please don’t let this comment age like milk, Nintendo.

Top Bottom