• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
You know I'd believe if I didn't see this belief being thrown around constantly.

A ****ton of people still do believe that there is a technical hangup. They might be laughably wrong, but they're also the ones that get all the likes because they speak as if they know what they're talking about.

The principle of "it's never happened before no reason for it to happen ever" is also flawed. I recall a time where people actually didn't think Little Mac could be playable because he was an assist before. That clearly went nowhere, so they shifted it instead to "an assist trophy can't be promoted in the same game", which is just repurposing the same fan rule to fit a different ideal.

People are wrong, but they don't want to be wrong. So instead, they distort initial arguments to retain being right. That's all this fan-rule ******** has ever been.
Probably the most accurate way to put it, yeah. Day by day I just see how more laughable to the point of sad the community becomes when it comes to speculating the chances of characters, when the only thing for certain out there by official word is "video game characters", literally nothing else. Nintendo/Sakurai keep proving they do whatever they want, even after they say something (like ridley was too big), and yet here we are. Nothing more stupid than ppl wanting to have a reason to deny characters they don't like or whatever, like… have something more productive in life to do please, lol. At this point I can only call it "denial" because it no longer matters when we remind them many times for how many things have they gotten btfo'ed already to this day.

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I am placing all my chips on the direct being next week or the week after and no later. We really need to hope that a Golden Sun Remake is shown or heck even teased like Link's Awakening was last year and if it isn't, we gotta cross our fingers for no Mario Golf or any other sports title with the Camelot Name Attached. If so, It might be game over till next smash!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
or any other sports title with the Camelot Name Attached.
You don't have to worry about them doing any non-golf sports. Their contributions to Mario Sports Superstars were solely...golf and tennis.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
If there's nothing at all from Camelot after this month I'm pretty sure GS is happening.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Really, it feels like people are just getting way too carried away with the possibilities for third parties and that's bleeding into their "most wanted" characters. This sort of thing is a big part of what made me hesitant about the additions of characters like Cloud and Joker; they detract attention from the wealth of first party options. If the first DLC character had been Bandana Dee or Skull Kid or Waluigi or Tom Nook or Mach Rider or whoever, speculation probably would have taken a wildly different turn. I'm tiring of speculation centering on all these off-the-wall non-Nintendo characters that would've seemed near-impossible even in pre-ballot Smash 4.
I’m far from a third-party detractor as you can clearly see (I even supported Pac-Man for Smash 4), but a small part of me do have to wonder whether or not we can expect loads more third-parties beyond the ones we already have considering licensing costs for Vol. 2.

As for speculation, eh, the post-:ultridley: era hasn’t been quiet the same and the game is already out with a epic roster so I don’t really care how boring speculation will or has been. People can solely focus on third-party characters as much as they want and believe there are no more worthy first party characters, being either vindicated or dead wrong. All we can do is keep on supporting.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

That’s such a cool coincidence that in Dark Dawn, Isaac’s Diary talks about how it’s been 10 years since the Mourning Moon appeared. Makes you wonder, huh?

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
Now that the 1st fighters pass is complete here are my thoughts on Isaac's chances. The 2nd fighters pass has an estimated completion date of 12/31/2021.
This may just be a place holder date but IF Camelot has been working on a new Golden Sun game it will probably be shown off this year or next. This would be great for us GS fans. Isaac could get revealed to promote an upcoming switch title like Hero was or after the games release like Byleth was. Sakurai would also do a "Sakurai presents" which would show of Isaac's moveset potential to a wide audience. He would also go over the history of the Golden Sun franchise and explain the series to millions of people. That could only help to grow the GS series. It would also shatter the fan rule that an assist trophy is doomed to stay as such. I expect this fighters pass to be a wild ride, and hopefully we get our boy in smash this time.

Also on a side note male and female Byleth have slightly different battle poses and idle animations. The also have a victory screen and a taunt that is unique to the gender. If Isaac is added Sakurai could add Felix as an alternate costume, similarly to how Hero was added. Felix could have a slightly different battle pose and idle animation as well as his own victory screen that differs from Isaac's. Of course they would still be the same character, but they would be more accurate to their appearances in the first two games.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also on a side note male and female Byleth have slightly different battle poses and idle animations.
I don't know why they could do this but not give Terry a Garou alt with animations involving his hat changed.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Idea for a trailer.
If it's just Isaac then his reveal trailer will be simple, showing Isaac's movesets and stuff.

But if it's a double reveal and Isaac is revealed after the first fighter, then it could be like:
The first fighter's trailer plays, and after the trailer they get all pumped up/congratulated etc.
Then all of a sudden, the ground starts trembling.

If the newcomer is introduced with a hazard character that attacks fighters, then I can imagine the newcomer fighting the hazard when suddenly a giant hand grabs and yeets the hazard character to the horizon.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hehehe! You know what would be a funny but awesome scenario?

Golden Sun 4 is announced with a new Venus Adept Protagonist. Felix’s child perhaps?
Smash brings in Isaac as a fighter. But wait! It’s revealed that Felix, Matthew AND the new GS4 protagonist are also in as alts for Isaac similar how Hero had 4 different alts.

Insane? Yes. Possible? Absolutely! Will it happen? Well, we’ll just have to wait and see. ;)

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Then make that GS4 protag a girl, se we finally have a new female fighter that isn't an alternate appearance for the player character

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Ok, GS arrived and I am devouring it. I'm currently back at Bilblin after getting the Hermes Water to Tret

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
I still picture Matthew working as an alt costume, seeing as he's such a carbon copy of Isaac. You're replacing his clothes for more modern ones and changing his hair a little, they're also the same size, just about.

Felix though, he's always been taller than Isaac, I can't get that out of my mind. Having him in the game but the same height as Isaac would be weird to me, but not the worst thing ever. I'm sure they tweak the heights all the time to get characters in the game. That being said, if he's an echo fighter then I wonder if his height can be tweaked while keeping the model skeleton the same? Then make him heavier, and hit harder than Isaac to match his games.

Saying all that, i don't see an echo coming with the fighters pass, so it's really just wishful thinking.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I still picture Matthew working as an alt costume, seeing as he's such a carbon copy of Isaac. You're replacing his clothes for more modern ones and changing his hair a little, they're also the same size, just about.

Felix though, he's always been taller than Isaac, I can't get that out of my mind. Having him in the game but the same height as Isaac would be weird to me, but not the worst thing ever. I'm sure they tweak the heights all the time to get characters in the game. That being said, if he's an echo fighter then I wonder if his height can be tweaked while keeping the model skeleton the same? Then make him heavier, and hit harder than Isaac to match his games.

Saying all that, i don't see an echo coming with the fighters pass, so it's really just wishful thinking.
If Isaac is DLC I'd assume Felix would come as an echo fighter in the next game after this. I really doubt echo DLC as well. Felix as an alternate costume is definitely possible though. Morton is way bigger than Bowser Jr but got sized down significantly to be his alternate costume

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Yeah a Felix alternate colour is more likely and would be easy to do. Brown hair, green and brown colour pallete.

Ok here's my colour swap prediction:

1) Base Isaac
2) Red/Orange Garet
3) Green/Purple Ivan
4) Blue/Purple Mia
5) Brown/Green Felix
6) Peach/Purple Jenna
7) Matthew costume
8) White/Purple Karis alt for Matthew

Taking into account they would want to avoid similar colours for Sheba and Piers. Picking an alt for Matthew is tricky out of all of them. I think Karis is the most unique. It could also be all 4 party colours for Isaac, and again for Matthew, but I believe we wouldn't see Felix if that were the case.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker

Felix could work as an alt costume, if he isn't an echo fighter.
For the size... maybe we can make a compromise.

Last edited:

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
No rules saying they can't do an echo fighter with a FP character.

Almost undoubtedly a general speculation "leak" with no weight behind it, but it's one that tells me what I want to hear, so I'm about it.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
That'd be neat if it was real, it likely is. But the guy is probably guessing, not leaking.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
It's the same guy who talked about Advance Wars Mobile. Hoping it's right.

Note that his tweet use a "sun" icon.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
No rules saying they can't do an echo fighter with a FP character.

Almost undoubtedly a general speculation "leak" with no weight behind it, but it's one that tells me what I want to hear, so I'm about it.
This guy specifically just regurgitates information, but I've heard this one is actually real. At least, the Golden Sun part of it is real.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Morton is way bigger than Bowser Jr
All the Koopalings have different sizes and proportions from Bowser Jr.

Smash is picky about whether or not it wants to represent height differences. It's a reason why Lucina went from costume to clone, but now she's the same height as Marth.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
All the Koopalings have different sizes and proportions from Bowser Jr.

Smash is picky about whether or not it wants to represent height differences. It's a reason why Lucina went from costume to clone, but now she's the same height as Marth.
Which is why the idea of Isaac having Felix, Matthew and possibly a GS4 protagonist as alts could work regardless. I mean, it would be the best case scenario for us GS fans. There are some who prefer Felix or Matthew over Isaac so it’s a win win scenario for us all!

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
If only it wasn't markomaro saying that, it'd be quite encouraging, lol.
While I don't trust markomaro even remotely, a lot of the stuff he's said came from other sources, such as VB Wario Land or FE6/7. If he's decided GS is worth hinting at, that's pretty sweet for us

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If only it wasn't markomaro saying that, it'd be quite encouraging, lol.
Yeah it would be nice if it were someone credible but man it's nice to see hints towards GS actually appear instead of nothingness.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
While I don't trust markomaro even remotely, a lot of the stuff he's said came from other sources, such as VB Wario Land or FE6/7. If he's decided GS is worth hinting at, that's pretty sweet for us
Some of the stuff is clearly from existing rumours. Some seems to be pretty baseless.

If it were all predicated on credible claims he was just regurgitating, that would actually make him fairly credible. Not original, but credible. But unfortunately, it is a mix. A mix that tends to skew away from reputable. So, y'know, grain of salt... it's certainly not worth breaking the good champagne out over at this point.

Smash Lord
I'm iffy on Markomaro but that sun emoji he has at the end of the tweet makes Golden Sun a very clear contender to what he's talking about

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
While Markomaro might not be the most reliable himself, I firmly believe that this rumor is true and we'll see a Golden Sun announcement in the next direct.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Keep your hope in check, there were a rumor for Paper Mario, it may well be a hint for that game and not Golden Sun. And the sun being only an emoji referencing the summer.

Last edited:

Smash Lord
Keep your hope in check, there were a rumor for Paper Mario, it may well be a hint for that game and not Golden Sun. And the sun being only an emoji referencing the summer.
He already outright mentioned Paper Mario and that doesn't fit as a niche game in the slightest. He wouldn't be secretive about that if it has already been talked about by him and others. He could still be talking about some other game that isn't Golden Sun and whether he knows about it or not isn't going to change my predictions regardless

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He already outright mentioned Paper Mario and that doesn't fit as a niche game in the slightest. He wouldn't be secretive about that if it has already been talked about by him and others. He could still be talking about some other game that isn't Golden Sun and whether he knows about it or not isn't going to change my predictions regardless
He structured the tweet in such a way that, despite the inference, he didn't actually say that "niche" and "rpg" applied to the same thing. In fact, the first sentence implies a plurality of titles.

It's classic ""leaker"" dodginess is what it is.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Honestly I don't trust whoever this person is, seems like a literal who to me and I honestly don't give a damn about random leakers anymore. But if there is any true to RPG stuff coming up I wouldn't be surprised if it's Golden Sun (because of the trademark, it's gotta have an announcement sometime during 2020), or Tales Of series news (considering NoA told me and the others in our private discord chat group months ago, that there were Tales news coming, so maybe the time for that is nigh). But again I don't know who this is nor why I should even pay attention to it. Twitter leakers have been always laughable for a reason, more than freaking 4chan posts lol.

Last edited:

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
Isaac is one of the only assist trophies (other than Yuri...though idk how she would work) I'd really want promoted to fighter

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Personally, if the rumored return-to-form Paper Mario becomes true, it will just as much of a major win as Golden Sun returning for me.

Top Bottom