• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Crazy that we made it past 1,000 pages and still going strong. I’m hoping that the people we lost in Nov. 2018 will come back in full force soon. The more support the better. After FP5, Smash Ultimate is not done yet so there’s still hope for our Golden Boy! Fan rules mean nothing. Remember that!

This is out of the blue, but what got into you to support Isaac? For me, I didn't know anything about GS and Isaac, and when he was in the Grinch Leak I was like 'meh.'
But then I saw his Assist Trophy summoning gigantic hands and thought it looked cool, so played the first 2 GS games, and I fell in love with it.
Played the games around 2003 which I fell in love with. Isaac has a ton of potential and new things to bring into Smash that the roster severely lacks which is earthbending/geomancer, psynergy, summons, Djinn, etc. We need that in our Smash lives!

Wasn’t that big into Smash till around 2006 when Brawl was announced. I have played Smash64 and Melee before, but the hype for Brawl is what drew me into Smash. At that time, Isaac was my 2nd Most Wanted then. Sonic was the 1st with Simon being 3rd. After I got Sonic, my focus went towards Isaac. When I found out he was an AT, I was pretty bummed, but happy he was in. Have a ton of snapshots of him in that game. Haha!

Fast forward to Smash 4, I thought he would get in this time. Even had a recent game (Dark Dawn) too. But it was a bad time to be a Golden Sun fan then as it felt like Nintendo wanted nothing to do with the IP and wanted to focus on the newer stuff. Almost no mention of Golden Sun in Smash 4 except for two songs (one remix returning from Brawl & a rip from Dark Dawn). After DLC was over, all us fans including me drifted away defeated.

2018 comes and our burning desire for Isaac is rekindled and it felt like he would get in for sure this time after seeing fan favorites get in like Ridley, K. Rool, Simon (my 3rd Most Wanted), etc. It felt like so much was going in his favor, only to see him be an AT again. While extremely crushing, it made us realize that if we want Isaac in Smash and Golden Sun to return, we need to start raising our voices now! So, this was a good wake up call. A painful one, but one we needed.

Anyway, once Isaac is in, I can finally rest. But at the same time, I’ll be rooting and supporting other fan favorites out there that need to be in Smash because there are a lot of good ones that need to be in now. Especially ATs/Spirits/Etc that NEED to be promoted.

Keep fighting the good fight, fellow Adepts! We will be victorious one day!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I haven't posted much in this thread as of late, but I'm proud of you fellow Adepts for keeping the hope alive for Isaac! I still think that Waluigi will most likely be the first in-game AT to get a promotion and Isaac can be one of them too. Here's to fighting the good fight!

Edit: Happy 1,000 pages everyone!

Last edited:

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations, all!

Golden Sun will always hold a special place as one of my favorite games. I hope we someday get to be among the franchises revived by Smash Bros once again.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Congratulations on reaching 1000 pages, fellow Adepts! I may not exactly post here that often in recent times, but I'm still in strong support for Isaac to break free from Assist Trophy prison!

thoughstillIamprofoundlysaddenedbyOfficerHoward'sdeconfirmation

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
Sol Sanctum rollercoaster with Kraden narrating when
A Whack-a-mole with Kraden face would be better.

Ugh, I though they were a lock, I didn't expect they would put those spirits so late. I hope the next event is for FE3H... Also, I literally buy Astral Chain last week and yesterday it arrived at my house lol

PD: Congrats to 1000 pages. I wish we got some nice news regarding GS this week with this achievement and now it's when Nintendo announces a Mario Golf game...

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Sakurai has seen us work to 1000 and has blessed us with this.

Also, I'm proud to have been alongside you guys for hundreds of these pages. I still remember 500, that was pretty big. Here's to 1000 more!

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Sakurai has seen us work to 1000 and has blessed us with this.

Also, I'm proud to have been alongside you guys for hundreds of these pages. I still remember 500, that was pretty big. Here's to 1000 more!
What timing! Here's hoping that we'll also get some post-pass news, though I'm guessing no specific character reveals beyond Fighter 5.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I want a general Nintendo Direct, darn it! As I've made clear before I don't think Isaac has any chance at all of being Fighter Pass Character #5, so for me any thing important would happen in a Direct. What matters is in the next Direct whether we see a Mario Golf or not.

(Off-topic: I also really need to see more Animal Crossing New Horizons).

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
While I'd prefer a general direct it's pretty cool to finally know who fighter pass 5 is after the crazy speculation he or she had over the past few months. Isaac's chances are in post pass so hopefully things turn out well for us in the end

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
With the amount of time maybe there is some hope that we'll be teased with at least the nature of the post-pass characters. If it's just more random third party characters, well, that will be sad.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Ah, I'm so sad I was asleep when you guys hit 1,000! I'm so proud of this thread and everything we've stood for over the last few years - We are standing in the face of adversity from just about every angle possible - We are repping a fighter who has been wanted for so long, yet who has been pipped at the post at every opportunity - We're fighting from a tough position given the only AT people mention these days getting promoted is Waluigi, but we're still here, we will keep being here, and we will keep fighting to the bitter end for Golden Sun & for Isaac.

I'm proud to have helped contribute to this thread and I'm proud to be a member of the ever-growing Golden Sun community - I don't know what future the post-pass holds for us, but I'm confident that we can hold our heads high and know that we are giving it our absolute all to represent this fine series.

I would say here's to another 1,000 pages but let's be real, if Isaac isn't in within the next 1,000 pages, we're screwed. So here's to more pages and hopefully celebrations!

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
So, it's finally a Smash oriented direct and not a general one. So, one thing is nearly sure: if FP6 is shown, it won't tied to a new game, because that would have happened in a general direct. So, I'm hoping they don't show who it is, because we all want a combinaison of both Isaac in Smash and a Golden Sun game in a general direct here.

I don't want to be spoiled who it is in advance, I'll get far from the general speculation threads and Smash reddit for the two days coming. And I won't be available in live, so will have to see it after. Do someone know the URL I can use to reach directly the video after it will have been shown?

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
It's about time Fighter 5 is revealed, and it seems we'll find out on Thursday. I already have my alarm set! I don't think it will be Isaac, but who really knows.

The biggest problem I have with Isaac with a post-Pass fighter is that there's no guarantee that he comes with a stage/music. That might be a deterrent to making him a fighter to Sakurai and the team, but I have to believe that they'll figure it all out and put our Golden Boy in Smash!

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Really surprised that Nintendo would just reveal the last Smash character on its own rather than tying it in with a general direct.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The biggest problem I have with Isaac with a post-Pass fighter is that there's no guarantee that he comes with a stage/music
I disagree. When a series in Smash had a fighter but no stage, it was due to things like how last minute 64 Captain Falcon was or Melee planning on having an FE stage but having to scrap it.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I disagree. When a series in Smash had a fighter but no stage, it was due to things like how last minute 64 Captain Falcon was or Melee planning on having an FE stage but having to scrap it.
I still think he'll come with one, since it's a new series, but I'd like to have the guarantee. Knowing for certain that we will finally have a Golden Sun stage with brand new remixes that aren't 12 years old with completely unique elements will be comforting. (Honestly, I mostly care about the music, but the stage could be tournament legal and that would be sick.)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Looks like I missed page 1000....

Happy 1001th page everyone! (This page is way cooler anyway...)

As for the Smash stream, 35 minutes seems like a lot....but then again I'm guessing Sakurai will be showcasing the new fighter along with the reveal so it may not end up being all that long.

Still it certainly seems possible that there could be a hint of what post-pass will look like.

Although if there is still going to be a general Nintendo direct this month I could see them saving that Smash news for the direct.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I want a general Nintendo Direct, darn it! As I've made clear before I don't think Isaac has any chance at all of being Fighter Pass Character #5, so for me any thing important would happen in a Direct. What matters is in the next Direct whether we see a Mario Golf or not.
I share this feeling so hard… I really wanted a general direct, I'm gonna be on the edge of my seat every direct this year until i see what game is coming related to the new trademark of GS. Oh well, I at least hope we get a teaser for Pass 2 already so people can already pay the next season pass. February has to have a general Nintendo direct for sure, they gotta freaking market and promote what are we even gonna be buying these next months lol

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
The biggest problem I have with Isaac with a post-Pass fighter is that there's no guarantee that he comes with a stage/music.
While I could see this being the case for Waluigi in particular, I get the feeling they'll want to give any new DLC fighters a similar treatment to what we've had in the Fighters Pass. Providing that whole suite of fighter, stage, music, and spirits really helps integrate each newcomer into the Smash world, and while not every potential newcomer needs that, I'd say the grand majority of realistic candidates, including some Nintendo characters like Isaac, Andy, and Takamaru, would absolutely justify that sort of treatment. In fact, I'll place my bet now: Fighters Pass 2 follows the same format as the original (5 characters with all the extras), plus a free bonus of Waluigi (without the extras) for buying the Pass.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to remind everyone that because we're on the "Other" section of music we have the hundred songs from non-playable/retro franchises with us (including MEGALOVANIA) and even if we got a stage they would not separate the songs because of compatibility with DLC-less games.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I'd like to remind everyone that because we're on the "Other" section of music we have the hundred songs from non-playable/retro franchises with us (including MEGALOVANIA) and even if we got a stage they would not separate the songs because of compatibility with DLC-less games.
Darn, you're right. That actually sucks really bad. It's possible they keep these two songs in the "Other" tab and the Golden Sun music section, or maybe Golden Sun just doesn't get a stage. It's totally possible for them to keep just those two songs playable on the "Other" stages as well as any potential Golden Sun stage, and while they could move those two to the Golden Sun tab and remove them from those stages, I don't see Sakurai "locking" previously available content behind DLC.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I don't think it will be too absurd of a concept for them to reassign the songs as Golden Sun songs if the DLC is downloaded

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
That should be easily fixable with the patch that would come alongside the DLC, which you'd need to download anyway for compatibility. They could reassign the songs, duplicate them, keep them as "Other" but also allow them to be assigned on the Golden Sun stage, whatever. Even in the worst case scenario, I can't imagine they'd skip making a Golden Sun stage over two legacy music tracks.

ZelDan

Smash Master
At this point it definitely seems we won't be getting a general direct until February.

Would be nice to know what games we have to look forward to for 2020. That said, I'm just happy to know who FP5 is finally though.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I don't think it will be too absurd of a concept for them to reassign the songs as Golden Sun songs if the DLC is downloaded
Yeah, if they were willing to go through the effort to take an assist trophy character and turn them into a full-fledged, playable character, I don't think reorganizing music would be out of the question at that point.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Yeah, if they were willing to go through the effort to take an assist trophy character and turn them into a full-fledged, playable character, I don't think reorganizing music would be out of the question at that point.
Exactly. I think Sakurai and his team would be aware of everything they'd need to do in order for Golden Sun to get the series upgrade, including reorganizing music and spirits. It can't be that difficult, although it would be slightly inconvenient.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Exactly. I think Sakurai and his team would be aware of everything they'd need to do in order for Golden Sun to get the series upgrade, including reorganizing music and spirits. It can't be that difficult, although it would be slightly inconvenient.
I don't think they need to reorganize much of anything. The spirits will just be added sequentially, since the spirit list is already kind of a mess anyway. As for the two GS songs already in the game, keep them on Other stages but also have them be on the GS stage. Not that difficult.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think it'd just be changing one value in a few files to another.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi has a Super Mario World stage and song and they didn't do any exceptions with that:

The stage is classified as Yoshi's, the song is also classified as Yoshi's and doesn't play on Mario stages and the stage can only play that song and the rest of Yoshi's songs.

So for the hypothetical GS stage they would add the new songs to Other and fix it on the next game.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
After seeing so many “theories” on the new Smash Direct photo, decided to go even crazier. Lol

Imagine a sport where you threw the fake Smash ball. Like GrifBall maybe? Hehe.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Oh wow I missed the chance to post on 1000 pages ;-; lol

Anyways it truly is astonishing we’ve managed to hold on this long. Here’s to more!

Top Bottom