• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
We've done it fellas! 1000 pages of Isaac-based discussion. Congratulations to everyone here: we truly earned this. We are the second-largest thread on this site, with only Geno topping us. Not bad for a "deconfirmed" character.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Happy 1000 pages everyone!!! I look forward to another 1000 pages with you all.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I mean we were way ahead of Geno. It took that threads months to overtake us. That AT confirmation hit us hard. Still nice to see some discussion returning.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Don't mind me. I'm just here for the Page 1000 hype. :)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also, I think most of the DLC lineup will be 3rd party due to them making more money
At the same time, they also require more money, and they need to consider that the playerbase will inevitably be smaller than when the game first launched. Look at how Tekken 7's DLC seasons have gone from two guest stars to one to having the newcomers be OCs instead.

Also, happy 1000.

D

Deleted member

Happy 1000 pages guys you deserve it.

Keep up the great posts and support for Isaac.

May the sun rise on him being in Smash and returning someday!

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Not my turf, but, Golden Sun is tight.

And between y'all and me, Isaac would be way cooler than Waluigi... so, I hope y'all are the ones who prove Assist Trophy promotions are possible.

Grats on 1K.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Happy 1000 pages, everyone!

It's really a testament to the undying, dedicated nature of the Isaac fanbase that not only has this thread more than doubled that of Isaac's Smash 4 thread (and is roughly twenty times the size of his Brawl thread!), but that it's occurred the furthest away from Isaac's actual last appearance, let alone his last playable appearance!

Isaac is truly a fortunate character to have leagues of fans still clamouring for him, when many of his contemporaries such as Saki, Starfy, Andy, Ray MK, and other characters from around the same vintage have seen their support gradually recede (nothing against those characters).

Isaac stands in rarified company as a character that only grows more popular with time, despite the lack of current series development. And fortunately, many of those characters eventually get in. I have no doubt Isaac fans will continue to make their voices ring out at the most critical of times, and one day it very well may have all been worth it.

Even if not, we've had a heck of a ride. :)

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Nice! We're in the big leagues now! Here's hoping that we'll be celebrating Isaac DLC long before we hit 2000 pages.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Happy 1K pages all of you! We're still going strong.

This is out of the blue, but what got into you to support Isaac? For me, I didn't know anything about GS and Isaac, and when he was in the Grinch Leak I was like 'meh.'
But then I saw his Assist Trophy summoning gigantic hands and thought it looked cool, so played the first 2 GS games, and I fell in love with it.
My story's pretty simple, I just played the first two and thought they were amazing, so then I started supporting Isaac for Smash. Took much longer than I'd expected but here's hoping it's worth it in the end.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Happy 1000 pages, everyone!

It's really a testament to the undying, dedicated nature of the Isaac fanbase that not only has this thread more than doubled that of Isaac's Smash 4 thread (and is roughly twenty times the size of his Brawl thread!), but that it's occurred the furthest away from Isaac's actual last appearance, let alone his last playable appearance!

Isaac is truly a fortunate character to have leagues of fans still clamouring for him, when many of his contemporaries such as Saki, Starfy, Andy, Ray MK, and other characters from around the same vintage have seen their support gradually recede (nothing against those characters).

Isaac stands in rarified company as a character that only grows more popular with time, despite the lack of current series development. *snip*
I never thought about this before, but you're absolutely right. Isaac and Golden Sun seems to get more and more popular every day, despite it being dormant. In retrospect, it's entirely possible that the removal of Isaac's Assist Trophy in Smash 4 was the best thing to happen to us since the release of TLA, since it meant people could vote for him on the Smash Ballot, without having to worry about "Assists deconfirming" like we do now. That said, I also think that if veterans hadn't been so popular on the Smash Ballot, we'd have seen Isaac in Ultimate as a base character. Developing the returning vets definitely made it so that the team had less time for newcomers than usual, and I think Isaac was at or near the top of the line until time restrictions set in and Sakurai had to make him an Assist. The second best thing to happen to us was the second wave of DLC, since it meant characters off the table for the Fighter Pass (like Isaac, probably) had a second chance at life, with Sakurai responding to fan demand and bringing in characters who truly deserve a slot.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
eyyyyy, Congrats everyone on the 1k pages! Can't wait for the sun to raise again. :ness:

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Congratulations on your first 1000 Pages! I haven't been here since I stopped lurking after the November Direct, but it's nice to see you guys are still around and kicking. While Isaac may be an Assist Trophy for now, I'm sure if you guys keep rallying behind him, he'll be a fighter in Smash before you know it! And who knows? Maybe he'll even somehow make it in as a DLC fighter later down the line! Smash DLC has been pretty crazy, so I wouldn't be suprised to see him added some time before this is all over. Anyways, stay strong and keep supporting your OUR boy!

Annigator

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone,
so a few days ago I found something interesting on nintendos mobile (!) search side: when searching for a game you could go to (games > filter and sorting > filter > series) and you would find a list of some games that are already made, announced or rumoured to come soon, along with some error elements. To name a few, there would be bayonetta, animal crossing, but also f-zero, advance wars, splatoon, kid icarus, pikmin, starfox, warioware etc. along with mario sports as a value for one of these error elements (found it while looking through the source code). These list items are not visible on the desktop and I believe it's not meant to be visible and correct me if I'm wrong, but at least to me it wouldn't make sense for them to be there, unless some kind of content will be announced for these titles.

I don't know much about Mario sports games, but as far as I know Camelot usually made them for/with nintendo. Are there any other developers that made mario sports games in the past?

If I'm correct with my theory that these titles are coming soon and if camelot is the only developer that makes mario sports games, then the chances for a new Golden Sun would be pretty low.

Edit: sorry for this post not being smash related, but I thought it would be interesting to hear some thoughts of you on this topic, since many of you are probably hoping for a new golden sun game

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hello everyone,
so a few days ago I found something interesting on nintendos mobile (!) search side: when searching for a game you could go to (games > filter and sorting > filter > series) and you would find a list of some games that are already made, announced or rumoured to come soon, along with some error elements. To name a few, there would be bayonetta, animal crossing, but also f-zero, advance wars, splatoon, kid icarus, pikmin, starfox, warioware etc. along with mario sports. These list items are not visible on the desktop and I believe it's not meant to be visible and correct me if I'm wrong, but at least to me it wouldn't make sense for them to be there, unless some kind of content will be announced for these titles.

I don't know much about Mario sports games, but as far as I know Camelot usually made them for/with nintendo. Are there any other developers that made mario sports games in the past?

If I'm correct with my theory that these titles are coming soon and if camelot is the only developer that makes mario sports games, then the chances for a new Golden Sun would be pretty low.

Edit: sorry for this post not being smash related, but I thought it would be interesting to hear some thoughts of you on this topic, since many of you are probably hoping for a new golden sun game
Yeah i'm going to have to doubt that buddy.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Hello everyone,
so a few days ago I found something interesting on nintendos mobile (!) search side: when searching for a game you could go to (games > filter and sorting > filter > series) and you would find a list of some games that are already made, announced or rumoured to come soon, along with some error elements. To name a few, there would be bayonetta, animal crossing, but also f-zero, advance wars, splatoon, kid icarus, pikmin, starfox, warioware etc. along with mario sports. These list items are not visible on the desktop and I believe it's not meant to be visible and correct me if I'm wrong, but at least to me it wouldn't make sense for them to be there, unless some kind of content will be announced for these titles.

They aren't the only ones who makes Mario sports. They only make tennis and golf.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Congrats on finally hitting 1000. Been lurking here off and on while supporting my #1 geno, but as soon as that takes off I'll be ready to go all in here for my #2. Finally got around to playing golden sun about 2 years ago now and had a wonderful time. Isaac absolutely deserves to be in smash and will be a blast to play. While the AT looks bad I genuinely believe we still have a chance and if the golden sun switch game pans out we should be able to bounce back hard enough in time to be noticed for a future slot. Y'all have quite the resolve to keep things going despite it all and I think it's going to work out in the end one way or another.

Jibunzo

Smash Rookie
What we're doing here, it's our only way to bring back what we love. It's easy to feel powerless as an individual, but together we can make noise. We can be heard. And even if the odds are against us, well, we have a path. So here's to 1000 pages, and if we want to make a difference, here's to 1000 more.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Hello everyone,
so a few days ago I found something interesting on nintendos mobile (!) search side: when searching for a game you could go to (games > filter and sorting > filter > series) and you would find a list of some games that are already made, announced or rumoured to come soon, along with some error elements. To name a few, there would be bayonetta, animal crossing, but also f-zero, advance wars, splatoon, kid icarus, pikmin, starfox, warioware etc. along with mario sports as a value for one of these error elements (found it while looking through the source code). These list items are not visible on the desktop and I believe it's not meant to be visible and correct me if I'm wrong, but at least to me it wouldn't make sense for them to be there, unless some kind of content will be announced for these titles.

This would imply that there are new F-Zero and Advance Wars in production and yet not Golden Sun. I'd say don't bother reading too much into it.

Annigator

Smash Rookie
This would imply that there are new F-Zero and Advance Wars in production and yet not Golden Sun. I'd say don't bother reading too much into it.
Yes, I guess I really read more into it, than I should. XD Maybe the next nintendo direct will shed some light on it. Thank you for your thoughts on this!

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
Looks like we hit the big time. I know I'm very inactive when it comes to posting and speculating here, but I lurk this thread constantly and am happy to see it reach 1,000 pages finally!

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
I need to be immortalized on this page now for all of time.

Huge shoutouts to the entire community for being so proactive and vocal in our support for Golden Sun. Seriously, we have done so much over the last year and a half, but also since Dark Dawn/Brawl. It's super inspiring to see and a pleasure to be part of.

Now I just need a Nintendo direct with FP5 in addition a full new lineup of five new first-party characters from unrepresented Nintendo franchises shadowdropping this week so I can get a good cry of joy in.

I mean, we hit 1000 pages after all. We deserve it.

Last edited:

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Happy 1000 pages guys! Not long until a direct, I'm sure. Although it will be fantastic to see Isaac as #5, I don't think he'll be in the first pass; so it's a case of just learning who it is and looking forward to the next pass.

I hope we get some kind of hint of how the 2nd phase will work, or maybe a first reveal.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
It's not over till the end. Keep up the support, show it more than ever, not only in convinced communities, but everywhere else!

What we need is cross-over and bringing Isaac and Golden Sun on the table anytime people are talking about potential DLC (I often see Waluigi as the expected upgrade but never Isaac, that needs to change)! Spread our voice!

Idea I throw: for the next Golden Sunday, make it specialized in cross-over fanarts and cross-over discussions!

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Happy 1000 pages everyone! The fact that this thread managed to push on another 258 pages since the day Isaac became an assist trophy is honestly something incredibly admirable especially for the position we're currently in. If we keep being vocal we will surely get results in time.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Happy 1000 pages, Isaac supporters! I know I don't post here often, but I just want to reiterate that I wholeheartedly support Isaac!

Top Bottom