• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I would back and want Lloyd since he grew quickly to be one of my favorites, but Reggie said these 5 fighters are from a series that have never been in Smash.
For my personal favorite, it's Hornet from HK.
But to be realistic, I think it's someone like Arle or a Capcom character like Phoenix or Amaterasu.
I think people are looking into this statement too much. My interpretation is that all 5 Fighter Pass characters are newcomers, which of course they are, every veteran is in the base game. All he said was "These are characters that are new to the series", referring to the fact that they're new to Smash, not that the characters are from new series entirely.

Edit: I was looking through my post history for kicks, and I found out I first commented on this thread on page 199, August 24, 2018. In 16 months and 800 pages since then, we've faced brutal deconfirmation, faced attacks from others, and still, we support this "irrelevant", "deconfirmed", and "redundant" character. I'm so proud of this community. We really are the best group in the Smash fandom, we live up to our chill reputation, but when push comes to shove, we stand for what we believe in. I love this group, and I can't wait to see us all rewarded.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I think people are looking into this statement too much. My interpretation is that all 5 Fighter Pass characters are newcomers, which of course they are, every veteran is in the base game. All he said was "These are characters that are new to the series", referring to the fact that they're new to Smash, not that the characters are from new series entirely.

Edit: I was looking through my post history for kicks, and I found out I first commented on this thread on page 199, August 24, 2018. In 16 months and 800 pages since then, we've faced brutal deconfirmation, faced attacks from others, and still, we support this "irrelevant", "deconfirmed", and "redundant" character. I'm so proud of this community. We really are the best group in the Smash fandom, we live up to our chill reputation, but when push comes to shove, we stand for what we believe in. I love this group, and I can't wait to see us all rewarded.
I'm not sure if Lloyd is new to the series, since he had a mii costume back in Sm4sh.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if Lloyd is new to the series, since he had a mii costume back in Sm4sh.
Yeah, that's the weird part. I'd personally consider him "new", since he'd be a newcomer, but it's entirely possible Reggie didn't know the newcomers and just kind of pulled that statement out of nowhere just to say something. I still believe he meant to say something like "every Fighter Pass character will be a newcomer" but he managed to say it in the most cryptic way possible.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Takahashi just called and he promised that the January Nintendo direct will announce Golden Sun 4 but only if the post for Golden Sun on Smashboards gets to 1000 pages before the January direct.

Then he gave the phone over to Mr. Sakurai and Sakurai said Smash is for good little boys and girls of all ages.

Then he said never ask me for anything ever again.

Then he gave the phone to Mr. Sakuraba and Sakuraba said hold on to this new :fire: Tundria tower remix I got like 20 of these just fresh out of the synthesizer but psyche - only if the Issac support thread on English language Smash Bros board Smashboards.com gets to 1000 pages by Thursday, January 16th

Then he handed the phone back to Mr. Iwata but Iwata was dead press F

Then he handed the phone back to Mr. Sakurai said well have you ever made a game and we all were like please mr sakurai plz Memes can't feed my children they need Golden Sun playable in Smash Bros Ultimate

And Sakurai said but I only see 999 pages on the Issac support thread I dunno if anyone wants this and we were all like **** he's right oh well that'll never happen guess we better be happy with Arle or Edelgard or ****ing Mario or whoever the **** is coming.

If only we had posted more... we were so close.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Mr. Takahashi just called and he promised that the January Nintendo direct will announce Golden Sun 4 but only if the post for Golden Sun on Smashboards gets to 1000 pages before the January direct.

Then he gave the phone over to Mr. Sakurai and Sakurai said Smash is for good little boys and girls of all ages.

Then he gave the phone to Mr. Sakuraba and Sakuraba said hold on to this new :fire: Tundria tower remix I got like 20 of these just fresh out of the synthesizer but psyche - only if the Issac support thread on English language Smash Bros board Smashboards.com gets to 1000 pages by Thursday, January 16th

Then he handed the phone back to Mr. Sakurai said well have you ever made a game and we all were like please mr sakurai plz Memes can't feed my children they need Golden Sun playable in Smash Bros Ultimate

And Sakurai said but I only see 999 pages on the Issac support thread I dunno if anyone wants this and we were all like **** he's right oh well that'll never happen guess we better be happy with Arle or Edelgard or ****ing Mario or whoever the **** is coming.

Can this be our own copypasta? We have memes now. 50 Cent and now this beautiful work of art. I mean, each page is like 40 posts, right? This makes 5, so we have three days to have people post 35 more times. Easy stuff. Can't wait.

That said, I do hope we see a Direct this week. I kinda need the hype.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I tell you what, there's nothing worse than an information drought. Nothing to discuss, nothing to even really speculate on. So, I'll ask this of you guys: who do you think will be Fighter 5? My money is on Lloyd, with Phoenix Wright as a backup. I'd be more than happy with either of these picks, though I'd slightly prefer Phoenix.
For so long now, I'm expecting the 5th to be Steve. He has a lot going for him.

I would also not be surprised by Phoenix.

Mizuiro24

Smash Rookie
I tell you what, there's nothing worse than an information drought. Nothing to discuss, nothing to even really speculate on. So, I'll ask this of you guys: who do you think will be Fighter 5? My money is on Lloyd, with Phoenix Wright as a backup. I'd be more than happy with either of these picks, though I'd slightly prefer Phoenix.
I know people are speculating about Dante from devil may cry, I think he is likely actually, but I'd prefer a rep not from Capcom

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, just poppin' in from the Geno thread to say hello.

For the record I never played a GS game and don't really intend too but Isaac seems like a dope as hell character. All I wanted to say that it kind of infuriates me just a little bit with all this talk in other places about Waluigi being a DLC character post-pass. Nothing against his fanbase or his character but I just think there are way better options to choose from in regards to upgrading ATs and it saddens me that Waluigi is the default choice most people have. If it were up to me to choose one AT to be upgraded, Isaac would be my pick hands down.

You guys have been going strong since the Brawl days. I remember how much a footprint Isaac fans made in speculation during those days like how Ridley and Geno did. I respect that. Y'all have my support. Cheers!

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
This is out of the blue, but what got into you to support Isaac? For me, I didn't know anything about GS and Isaac, and when he was in the Grinch Leak I was like 'meh.'
But then I saw his Assist Trophy summoning gigantic hands and thought it looked cool, so played the first 2 GS games, and I fell in love with it.

D

Deleted member

This is out of the blue, but what got into you to support Isaac? For me, I didn't know anything about GS and Isaac, and when he was in the Grinch Leak I was like 'meh.'
But then I saw his Assist Trophy summoning gigantic hands and thought it looked cool, so played the first 2 GS games, and I fell in love with it.
I'm honestly one of those guys that likes the idea of a characters inclusion into Smash solely based on they look cool or neat and can offer something unique. That's really it and there's nothing wrong with that imo. I don't necesarilly support Isaac nearly as much as I support your guys' fanbase though and I just want everyone to be happy.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

Golden Sun has a history of bad timing so I wouldn't be surprised. Still hurts though
I've been an Isaac supporter since around 2014 since I've always seen him as a prominent name in Smash speculation and wanted to give the games a try. I loved the games so much and how much Isaac brought to the table that he became my top pick for the ballot when it opened the next year. Now I run the Isaac Ultimate Allied Adepts account on Twitter which is currently at 1.7k followers, this whole journey has been full of ups and downs but it's been a crazy ride so far

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
Tbh I feel that kind of artstyle is way too cutesy and simplistic for Golden Sun, it works for PMD really well but not something that has a more intense atmosphere and tackles heavier themes like Golden Sun. I feel like they should embrace the visual style that the promotional artwork of the series had, they look great and it'll be amazing seeing something like that in motion
If they ever remake GS, I wonder if they will respect the original character designs and the designer style. It has been 18 years since the first entry, maybe they'll adapt them to the current japanese animation (so, basically, big eyes and a more round face).

Regarding the 5th character, I still think it'll be someone from Bamco. The lack of Mii costumes from this company in the other four packs it's just the basis of my suspicions (at least capcom had the megaman mii costumes as dlc). Before TGA I was sure that it was going to be Chosen Undead from Dark Souls (it had a lot in its favour) but nowadays, I don't know.

Also, one less post to reach the 1000 pages :D

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
This is out of the blue, but what got into you to support Isaac?
Simple enough: I played Golden Sun back when it launched, felt in love with it, and the serie is still one of my top three, if not the first one.
That is already a good reason, but the lack of Game Boy representative and the strong potential Isaac has are also two more reasons I support him.

Aside that, to come back on the 5th FP character, PapaGenos did a video listing reasons it could be Arle from PuyoPuyo. Around 1:30, there's also a things some potential insider listed, and he got right on Mystery Dungeon. In this list contains an Advance Wars game for mobile device. I know there's a lot of fans of GS that are also fans of AW, me the first, so take it as is.
Nothing Golden Sun reported however.

Jibunzo

Smash Rookie
Solaire or Dante for FP5 would get me all sorts of excited. Not nearly as much as Isaac would, but right now we gotta pick and choose our battles.

I'll say this much, every passing day that we do not know the next Camelot title is a day that gives me hope. I know it's not likely, and I won't ever be burned as badly after the Grinch leak taught me to never love again. But there is just the tiniest glimmer, that Golden Sun will rise again. Call it a feeling. And if not, well, I'll drown my sorrows in Elden Ring.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
My bet for Fighter 5 is Steve. Only really got two rationales:

- Minecraft is huge, and represents an audience that might not already own a Switch or play Smash.
- Vergeben, despite being right about so much else, seems to have completely whiffed on his Minecraft prediction, which seems odd.

Maybe there's information since then disproving him, and I must say I don't want Steve to be Fighter 5, but gotta go with what makes sense to me right now.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

- Minecraft is huge, and represents an audience that might not already own a Switch or play Smash.
- Vergeben, despite being right about so much else, seems to have completely whiffed on his Minecraft prediction, which seems odd.

Maybe there's information since then disproving him, and I must say I don't want Steve to be Fighter 5, but gotta go with what makes sense to me right now.
Eh...I feel like people are overrating Steve's chances because they expected Nintendo to choose characters by just Googling "most popular video games", when that clearly isn't the case.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I'm in the mindset that Sega/Atlus, Square-Enix, Microsoft/Rare, and SNK ain't going to double dip for the last slot in the Season Pass. Though I especially think it's likely we will get another Square-Enix and Microsoft rep post Season Pass.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Eh...I feel like people are overrating Steve's chances because they expected Nintendo to choose characters by just Googling "most popular video games", when that clearly isn't the case.
Sure, but "expect the unexpected" doesn't exactly narrow down the field for speculation. Again, please correct me if I'm missing some important information, but without any better leads to go by, I'd rather go for the somewhat cynical "Minecraft is stupid popular" angle and then be pleasantly surprised if it's something I actually like.

Re: double-dipping companies, I feel like Microsoft would get a pass given neither Minecraft nor Banjo-Kazooie were originally Microsoft properties, nor do they appeal to similar fanbases. Also we've already double-dipped with Square Enix between Cloud and Hero, and I imagine most wouldn't mind if they went to that well yet again like Geno/Sora/Crono, so I'm guessing/hoping it's just a silly fan rule, even within the very limited context of the five Fighters Pass characters.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sure, but "expect the unexpected" doesn't exactly narrow down the field for speculation. Again, please correct me if I'm missing some important information, but without any better leads to go by, I'd rather go for the somewhat cynical "Minecraft is stupid popular" angle and then be pleasantly surprised if it's something I actually like.

Re: double-dipping companies, I feel like Microsoft would get a pass given neither Minecraft nor Banjo-Kazooie were originally Microsoft properties, nor do they appeal to similar fanbases. Also we've already double-dipped with Square Enix between Cloud and Hero, and I imagine most wouldn't mind if they went to that well yet again Geno/Sora/Crono, so I'm guessing/hoping it's just a silly fan rule, even within the very limited context of the five Fighters Pass characters.
Thing is though, we see a 3rd party company double dip it's like one rep for base and one rep per DLC. Megaman and Ryu were the only ones to do that being base and DLC respectively. Though Richter did come with Simon as his Echo in base, I really wouldn't count that since Echos are pretty much almost the same character they're being a Echo of if we are talking about their movesets and not their character. And also, Cloud was DLC in Smash 4 while Hero was DLC in Ultimate so that doesn't count.

Anything I just said is fanrule nonsense and can be broken by Sakurai whenever he wishes to do so. I believe Square-Enix is getting another rep in the DLC lineup as well as Microsoft.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I honestly don't see another Microsoft character as likely. Banjo was a given for me (before he was revealed I was almost 100% sure he'd be DLC) but I don't know if Nintendo will go back to Microsoft for another character. I've also been against Steve for the majority of Smash discussion, but I still don't think he'll happen. For the second wave of DLC, I think Nintendo will look mostly to first-parties, not wanting to spend even more money on acquiring the rights for third-parties.

My personal theory is that each character from the Fighter Pass will be from different companies, so we have Sega/Atlus for Joker, Square Enix for Hero, Microsoft/Rare for Banjo, and SNK for Terry. If my theory is correct, that means any Puyo Puyo character is out, as well as Steve and Sora, but it doesn't take out characters like Ryu Hayabusa, Lloyd, Heihachi, Phoenix Wright, or anyone from Tecmo, Bamco, Capcom, Konami, or any other company not part of the four already included in the Fighter Pass.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Nothing complicated, really. I just played and really loved the first 2 GS games and played them alot back in the day, to the point I'd consider them a significant part of my childhood or younger years.

So getting to see it get playable status in Smash would be awesome.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I honestly don't see another Microsoft character as likely. Banjo was a given for me (before he was revealed I was almost 100% sure he'd be DLC) but I don't know if Nintendo will go back to Microsoft for another character. I've also been against Steve for the majority of Smash discussion, but I still don't think he'll happen. For the second wave of DLC, I think Nintendo will look mostly to first-parties, not wanting to spend even more money on acquiring the rights for third-parties.

My personal theory is that each character from the Fighter Pass will be from different companies, so we have Sega/Atlus for Joker, Square Enix for Hero, Microsoft/Rare for Banjo, and SNK for Terry. If my theory is correct, that means any Puyo Puyo character is out, as well as Steve and Sora, but it doesn't take out characters like Ryu Hayabusa, Lloyd, Heihachi, Phoenix Wright, or anyone from Tecmo, Bamco, Capcom, Konami, or any other company not part of the four already included in the Fighter Pass.
I honestly think Nintendo would be blind not to even try to attempt to get Master Chief in Smash at least because he is the Xbox mascot which would be huge if he got in. Also, I think most of the DLC lineup will be 3rd party due to them making more money and Sakurai's more worlds quote and saying we will probably never get a chance to have this many gaming worlds together again.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
When it comes to 5 I'm completely lost. I thought it would be Llyod and then all the leakers struck that down. Dante I don't think will happen and with Dante and RE not happening as 5 I think people are being silly thinking it will be Phoenix. I don't think it will be a Western character. I think Banjo was the only western character during the pass but the great way the process went might allow some for post pass but for 5 not going to happen. That leaves me no one I really think is likely and the only thing I think is 5 will be another Joker/Terry blind side.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
When it comes to 5 I'm completely lost. I thought it would be Llyod and then all the leakers struck that down. Dante I don't think will happen and with Dante and RE not happening as 5 I think people are being silly thinking it will be Phoenix. I don't think it will be a Western character. I think Banjo was the only western character during the pass but the great way the process went might allow some for post pass but for 5 not going to happen. That leaves me no one I really think is likely and the only thing I think is 5 will be another Joker/Terry blind side.
I disagree with you with Dante and Phoenix being unlikely, but I agree that #5 is probably a blind side/curveball. A Capcom rep I do think is coming later.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Phoenix is the most Nintendo-esque of Capcom characters. He was also one of the most requested third party character back when third party weren't the norm (i.e. during Sm4sh DLC era and pre-Ultimate).

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
If Golden Sun got remade would you prefer it doing something similar to how Links Awakening did and keep it's over head style? or would you rather it go a more JRPG style similar to Tales Of games?

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
If Golden Sun got remade would you prefer it doing something similar to how Links Awakening did and keep it's over head style? or would you rather it go a more JRPG style similar to Tales Of games?
I wouldn't want them to reinvent the game. Part of why Golden Sun is great is because it plays so well. Ideally they'd redo the graphics, maybe add voice acting, maybe cut down on the dialogue a bit *cough*Kraden*cough*, and do a light rebalance of the core gameplay at most. (Yes, they could change the camera angle without changing the gameplay, but I'd rather not change it that drastically.)

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
3D because I always envisioned approaching venus lighthouse with full 3D structure turning the camera control to look up the side of it.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Additionally fully animated HD Summoning animations would be gorgeous. especially for Judgement and Catastrophe.

Top Bottom