• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
You know, Golden Sun and Advance Wars both coming within the next year or two almost sounds too good to be true, but it's starting to make sense. If we get both in Smash somehow, I think that would be absolute peak hype for me personally
Same, same. Top three games of all time for me are Majora's Mask, Golden Sun + TLA and Advance Wars: Dual Strike.

It's so strange in this day and age when every single IP is milked again and again then bought by Disney and milked some more that those two incredibly well-respected franchises are just sitting in the vault. It's bonkers that neither has a character in Smash. I don't like to be overly optimistic, but things truly are lining up where 2020 could be a good year for us. The slate for Nintendo releases is wide open after a delayed Animal Crossing. The fandom has been vocal. The companies are aware and free.

Let's do some business. Let's talk turkey. I'll buy 5 copies for friends. Let's get this going. Pander to me.

1576122909317.png

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Hey y'all, not sure what the rumor mill is up to these days, but I'm just excited for potential Smash news (and Nintendo news in general) tomorrow. I'm not expecting to see Isaac (well, not yet at least), but both character 5 and a tease at a Fighter Pass 2 certainly feel possible, and I'm really hoping for a fun surprise like Joker was. Been messing around with Smash more of late and I still can't get over how great the game and its DLC has been, so with any luck we'll be sharing some excitement very soon!

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I think info on post pass is likely.
I'd say we'll see reveal and maybe even some gameplay of FP5. And either info on Post pass (like how the characters were selected, or a theme like "Fan favorites, without any restriction" or "Second chance") maybe even a sneak peak at the first post pass character. Either a reveal or like just a peak.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm only really expecting a teaser trailer during the game awards similar to Joker.

Then gameplay during a direct at a later date. Maybe at that time we might get a hint for the first post pass character.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was wondering, could somebody here send me a pm with a link to whatever Smash reveal trailer gets uploaded after the game awards? (Assuming we get a smash reveal, though it seems pretty likely)

It starts at midnight where I live but whatever Smash reveal comes will probably be kept for the end so I figure I'll just find out in the morning.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You know, Golden Sun and Advance Wars both coming within the next year or two almost sounds too good to be true, but it's starting to make sense. If we get both in Smash somehow, I think that would be absolute peak hype for me personally
Does it really tho?

Don't get me wrong. I would kill for this to happen but is there hard evidence for this?

Of the two, I would say Golden Sun has the better chance of coming back seeing the JRPG boom on the Switch and just about every notable 1st party release being bonafide million sellers.That and Camelot has been rather quiet as of late but it could be that they're laying low for their next project. Really hoping for GS here especially in a day in age where all of Nintendo's RPG series are doing gangbuster business.

AW is a bit more tricky because we have no idea if IntSys is going to bother going back to the series anytime soon or that they've gotten over their hangup from 2 and a half years ago. They might opt to just do a new FE remake using 3H's engine and it would turn a sizeable profit for them. After that, AW might have a chance but it's still a shot in the dark. Even after Wargroove's success. I still think there's a decent chance, however and if it did return it would send the series to levels it's never seen before.
I think info on post pass is likely.
I'd say we'll see reveal and maybe even some gameplay of FP5. And either info on Post pass (like how the characters were selected, or a theme like "Fan favorites, without any restriction" or "Second chance") maybe even a sneak peak at the first post pass character. Either a reveal or like just a peak.
Yeah same here. I fully expect some update on post-pass DLC because this is Nintendo's chance to market whatever they're doing next to a broad audience like TVGA's. As opposed to just saying it in a Direct or whatever. I don't expect multiple reveals but maybe the kind of approach/flavor this round of DLC is going to have and what to expect going forward.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I was wondering, could somebody here send me a pm with a link to whatever Smash reveal trailer gets uploaded after the game awards? (Assuming we get a smash reveal, though it seems pretty likely)

It starts at midnight where I live but whatever Smash reveal comes will probably be kept for the end so I figure I'll just find out in the morning.
I would like that too!

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman

Isaac has arrived in NYC, guys! But where’s his Camelot Bro? Hmm?
Having unfortunately been to New Jersey a few times myself, and considering the substance of Waluigi's character, I'm going to guess he is most likely in Jersey City, riding public transit with no destination or getting in a knife fight with a crazy homeless man.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Sounds like KOS-MOS is maybe FP #5? Honestly, I’d be really happy with that. I haven’t played XenoSaga, but I really do love XC2 and KOS-MOS was one of my favorite blades in that game. And it’d be nice to get another female character.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Golden Sun most likely won't be here but man if it is my emotions won't handle it lol
Sounds like KOS-MOS is maybe FP #5? Honestly, I’d be really happy with that. I haven’t played XenoSaga, but I really do love XC2 and KOS-MOS was one of my favorite blades in that game. And it’d be nice to get another female character.
She has a chance but the 4chan post people used to make her the frontrunner was debunked

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
No Smash news tonight after all. Still had lots of fun watching, and Bravely Default 2 seems like a great announcement for JRPG fans. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for the next big Nintendo Direct!

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Well no FP5 and a Bravely Default 3 (2?) announcement (we knew that team was doing another JRPG)... this leaves us.... exactly the same position as we were before.

See you in January for a direct and the next shot at hope.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I mean it’s cool to see Bravely Default 2 and NMH3, but was really hoping for a little more. Especially since Nintendo was telling us we should watch it.

Even if we didn’t get a character reveal it still would have been cool to get a new trailer for BotW 2 or Bayonetta 3.

I almost fell asleep a few times through that.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think they really had a crappy flow to it, especially how they ended with F&F DLC; the game nobody asked for. Bizarre.

Pretty stoked for BD2, tho, and Revo is composing again.
That and Sekiro winning GOTY.

I was waiting for Elden Ring news but ehh

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, my biggest priority during those awards was hoping that Fire Emblem won the two categories it had a chance in, so I'm pretty happy overall. :)

Am a little surprised Nintendo didn't do more. I wouldn't say I was expecting Smash like many others, but I was thinking at least a small teaser of something.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Am a little surprised Nintendo didn't do more. I wouldn't say I was expecting Smash like many others, but I was thinking at least a small teaser of something.
Yeah all Nintendo really had this year was DLC for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Bravely Default 2 (a Square Enix game) and a No More Heroes 3 trailer with like three seconds of gameplay. Good announcements but only one of these was a new game announcement and we knew a new Bravely game for the Switch was in the works since 2018.
I hope we get a direct soon because 2020 does feel kind of barren for the Switch at the moment let's be honest

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Honestly I thought the JRPG they showed was going to be Octopath Traveler 2 at the beginning (would have preferred that over Bravery 2 tbh). Kinda meh on the Bravery 2 reveal since I wasn't exactly crazy about the first Bravery game (or more specifically its second half) and never bothered with Bravely Second

That and Wolf Among Us 2 are probably the only 2 games new games shown that had my attention at all. NMHIII and Ori 2 are nice and all but we already knew about those.

Overall the TGAs were a slog to watch. Kinda regret watching the whole thing.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
So FP5 will probably happen during a January direct. That's also closer to an potential announcement of the next pass, and that next pass may (or may not) be focusing on Nintendo IP. I'm still hoping for a cross-reveal of Isaac and GS remake, something like:
  • FP5 at the start of the Nintendo Direct
  • Nintendo Direct stuff
  • Cross announcement for a GS game and Isaac in Smash
Of course, this is a sweet dream that you shouldn't get too attached to. We all know that the chances of this happening are slim. But I can't help but hope.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I had a feeling a Smash trailer would be out of place at the event this time around. I was mainly watching for the FF7R trailer so glad that showed early and I could head to bed. Though waking up to a revealed character would have been nice given I just want this FP over so we can get to who these post fighter characters are.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Well, get ready for a direct either next week, or january.
Initially the FP was marketed to end by Feb 2020. Crazy during the November direct back in 2018 that seemed so far away, now in just a month or so we'll find out fighter 5. Maybe we could even get a tease of a post fighter character but guess I shouldn't hold my breath lol.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Initially the FP was marketed to end by Feb 2020. Crazy during the November direct back in 2018 that seemed so far away, now in just a month or so we'll find out fighter 5. Maybe we could even get a tease of a post fighter character but guess I shouldn't hold my breath lol.
I'm not sure about a specific character, but my guess is we'll get information about post-pass either with the character 5's reveal trailer or in Sakurai's explainer video afterward. Utilizing the hype of the reveal to sell preorders of the next characters/pass seems like the obvious marketing choice, even if no other details are given.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Even ignoring Nintendo having nothing first party to show and specially about Smash, that was a bad event in general.

It smells like a Direct is coming and it should be after Christmas, hopefully it's announced soon.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
As I predicted, nothing Smash-related was shown, but even then, that was by far the most boring game-related event I've ever seen. The flow was awful, the guests (outside of Reggie and Goose, of course) were pretty cringy, and ending with Fast and Furious was a terrible decision. Oh well, this means that the next character reveal will be in a Nintendo Direct, which means it'll have something interesting besides Smash (hopefully Golden Sun!).

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Nope,not yet. But your message is enough to understand xD
Well, Isaac battle theme was also taken down before so, who knows.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Had to jump on that Bravely Default 2 announcement asap
I was just about to say something about this new game. And I wanna ask at the same time, is Bravery Default a good game? Cause then I might pick it up for 3DS.

Anyway, as said before, RPGs are doing extremely well on the Switch. I still fully expect Golden Sun to come to Switch eventually. These sort of things make me more confident.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I was just about to say something about this new game. And I wanna ask at the same time, is Bravery Default a good game? Cause then I might pick it up for 3DS.
It has one terribly bad point in its story, leading to a part of the game being really annoying. Aside that, it has no flaw.
But the previously mentionned one is a strong flaw.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Anyway, as said before, RPGs are doing extremely well on the Switch. I still fully expect Golden Sun to come to Switch eventually. These sort of things make me more confident.
RPGs really are doing great. Which also makes me confident that Golden Sun can do amazing on the Switch. It’s criminal that we don’t have it yet but from what we know, that might become a reality soon. Here’s hoping!

Top Bottom