• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
So... If the mii fighter and gunner "leak" is true and means what it means, what would it mean for us fellow adepts?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So... If the mii fighter and gunner "leak" is true and means what it means, what would it mean for us fellow adepts?
Irrelevancy doesn't matter, and what's supposed to deconfirm...almost doesn't.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
If it were to suggest that Geno is playable, then that would be a very encouraging sign. Promotions of characters that had roles in the base game would now be confirmed possible, and Geno has a very similar set of credentials to Isaac: long-lasting support dating back to the early 2000s, a similarly large fanbase, and another dormant character that isn't promoting anything recent.

However, if these costumes are intended for this upcoming Terry patch, then I believe that disconfirms both Geno and Doom Slayer. The presence of SMRPG and DOOM content showing that they obtained the rights from those companies but no sign of their most popular characters would otherwise spoil the surprise. Persona and Dragon Quest Mii costumes were released alongside their respective playable characters, so if SMRPG and DOOM costumes are coming next alongside an unrelated character, that wouldn't be a good sign.

Either:
1) It's fake
2) It's real and Geno/Doom Slayer are also getting costumes that haven't been leaked yet
3) It's real and Geno/Doom Slayer are entirely absent, indicating that no future content for them is coming
4) It's real and these costumes are planned for a future patch beyond Terry, indicating that Geno and Doom Slayer could very well be playable

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
If Geno is in, great news. We figured FP #5 was gonna be third-party anyway, so we weren't looking for GS in that slot. It would mean they're listening to fan requests and he's literally the only other character left with as much groundswell support as Isaac/Golden Sun, his game didn't even release in Europe so it has no support there (while GS does), sold less than GS, and is much more dead than Golden Sun. Also another Grinch leak veteran would be fulfilled. All those fake rules about spirits would be done with, too.

Doomslayer being playable or not doesn't mean much for us, other than it being a Western-pandering pick (and also the first series that did not launch on a console. Weird that there's no PC reps yet).

If neither is in and its JUST Mii Fighter costumes... who the heck could they have picked instead?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If Geno's in, it's good news for us. However, in what capacity he gets in matters. If he's a standalone character then anything goes. However, as I said in the main thread, if he's the first fighter for next season (and especially if he's revealed at TGA) I would take it to mean that he's representative of the next season, which would bode really well for us.
If Geno is in, great news. We figured FP #5 was gonna be third-party anyway, so we weren't looking for GS in that slot. It would mean they're listening to fan requests and he's literally the only other character left with as much groundswell support as Isaac/Golden Sun, his game didn't even release in Europe so it has no support there (while GS does), sold less than GS, and is much more dead than Golden Sun. Also another Grinch leak veteran would be fulfilled. All those fake rules about spirits would be done with, too.

Doomslayer being playable or not doesn't mean much for us, other than it being a Western-pandering pick (and also the first series that did not launch on a console. Weird that there's no PC reps yet).

If neither is in and its JUST Mii Fighter costumes... who the heck could they have picked instead?
Snake debuted on a computer.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Additionally, it means that we're probably getting info on C5 much sooner than expected, and that C5 would be released earlier than initially predicted.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
If Geno's in, it's good news for us. However, in what capacity he gets in matters. If he's a standalone character then anything goes. However, as I said in the main thread, if he's the first fighter for next season (and especially if he's revealed at TGA) I would take it to mean that he's representative of the next season, which would bode really well for us.
Geno being revealed at TGA seems really unlikely.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Hmmmmm, interesting if true. This could mean that Terry could release this week, assuming this is true.
There is server maintenance scheduled for the 6th and 7th. Not a guarantee but would line up nicely with that and the whole "coming soon" banner appearance and disappearance for Terry on the website. If anything is coming this week then they should announce it on Twitter by tomorrow. Hopefully it isn't a shadow drop like Joker was because while we'd still get Mii costumes, I'd also like to see the 5th DLC character so that we can get closer to discovering what the theme of post-Fighter's Pass DLC will be. That's really what I'm most excited for at this point.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Well it'll be yet another fanrule down the toilet and one more long time fan request ticked off. Isaac would be the last big Brawl request not in yet so hopefully they tick him off down the line as well

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

So to my great surprise, this Terry showcase is a whopping 45 minutes in length! Sounds like we're due for the next DLC character to be revealed at the very least. Perhaps with that size, we may also get a preview of what to expect beyond the Fighter's Pass. Who knows, ladies and gentleman? I'm keeping expectations low, but maybe we'll have more to be optimistic about sooner rather than later.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
45 Minutes? Sounds like they're gonna introduce some new mode or something along with Fighter 5 with that length...

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Will Terry really be that complex? I don't think so. Smells like something extra's getting shown off to me.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
So the time we wouldn't spend with Terry would be new things to do? Maybe new Spirits or that leaked online mode.

Smash Lord
So the time we wouldn't spend with Terry would be new things to do? Maybe new Spirits or that leaked online mode.
Or maybe Terry got so fed up with being overshadowed that he wants 45minutes just dedictated to himself hehe

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Has to be. I anticipate that Terry would take up a good chunk of the 45 mins just because he'll have a complex Ryu/Ken like gimmick with light/heavy inputs, but otherwise... there's not much else to discuss with version 6.0 before potential single player content. Nintendo totally bamboozled me with such a long run time, but at least they were merciful to clarify now.

Or maybe Terry got so fed up with being overshadowed that he wants 45minutes just dedictated to himself hehe
What Terry doesn't realize is that the new Fortnite Mii costume will pull out the rug from under his plans.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Has to be. I anticipate that Terry would take up a good chunk of the 45 mins just because he'll have a complex Ryu/Ken like gimmick with light/heavy inputs, but otherwise... there's not much else to discuss with version 6.0 before potential single player content. Nintendo totally bamboozled me with such a long run time, but at least they were merciful to clarify now.
Going over Ryu's moveset only took six minutes in his presentation (trailer and stage included). Granted this unscripted format is more loose, but I don't think there'd be a 39-minute discrepancy over it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters tend to be more complex than Street Fighter, but not enough to require the longest Smash direct to describe everything.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Assuming Terry takes up a comparable amount of time to the other three FP characters in their videos and add in whatever button commands given to us, that's at most 25-30 minutes. There has to be something else there. Even if not another character they have to fill the final 10-15 minutes with SOMETHING of substance. Maybe, and I know this is unlikely but it's Sakurai so you never know, they're telling us its only about Terry to completely surprise us with whatever they have at the end, because I feel like this can't be like the other three videos due to being more then 20 minutes longer then Banjo's showcase (and his went pretty far in depth).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Assuming Terry takes up a comparable amount of time to the other three FP characters in their videos and add in whatever button commands given to us, that's at most 25-30 minutes. There has to be something else there. Even if not another character they have to fill the final 10-15 minutes with SOMETHING of substance. Maybe, and I know this is unlikely but it's Sakurai so you never know, they're telling us its only about Terry to completely surprise us with whatever they have at the end, because I feel like this can't be like the other three videos due to being more then 20 minutes longer then Banjo's showcase (and his went pretty far in depth).
Sakurai took the "what's an SNK?" to heart and spends 38 minutes explaining the company history.

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
I can see them spending a ton of time with the new gimmick, some changes and those things. Considering the stage is King of Fighters arena, I can see some characters appearing in the background and explaining who they are, with the new tracks sounding.
Also, I really doubt SNK would complain if they feature some of their games to do a comparison of the characters and Terry's moveset.
And obviously, there will be 5 minutes or so of the new mii costumes.
Maybe there're some surprises in terms of modes or some hint of who are the next character or the next announcement, but... who knows. But there won't be a reveal, that's for sure.

Regarding the leak... If Geno is chosen, I would be angry, and obviously, not for the fact they chose Geno. Isaac would be the last long requested character with a noticeable fanbase and tended to be at the top in polls that didn't make the cut to be playable. But I guess we'll have some answer tomorrow.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Listen, Hero's gimmick involved him having like twenty five more moves than most characters, and his presentation was still only 22 minutes, iirc.

I find it hard to believe there won't be content above and beyond what Hero and Banjo's presentations covered (even if it doesn't take the form of additional characters), but who knows, maybe Sakurai genuinely rambled on about Terry for upwards of 45 minutes.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Listen, Hero's gimmick involved him having like twenty five more moves than most characters, and his presentation was still only 22 minutes, iirc.

I find it hard to believe there won't be content above and beyond what Hero and Banjo's presentations covered (even if it doesn't take the form of additional characters), but who knows, maybe Sakurai genuinely rambled on about Terry for upwards of 45 minutes.
Maybe Sakurai has an SNK bias! :troll:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I mean, KoF is what helped Sakurai create Smash in the first place. It would not surprise me at all if he does lay down the history of SNK, Fatal Fury, Terry and KoF. Plus his history with the games overall.

So many things that make Isaac so unique! We need him in Smash! I need him in Smash!

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Regarding the leak... If Geno is chosen, I would be angry, and obviously, not for the fact they chose Geno. Isaac would be the last long requested character with a noticeable fanbase and tended to be at the top in polls that didn't make the cut to be playable. But I guess we'll have some answer tomorrow.
I personally would be sick. Geno is a character I can't stand. But at least it would shut down that non-existant rule of "spirits can't become fighters".

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
If Geno gets in we become the biggest thread again and hopefully more people will come to support us as the last old popular one left even though people say Geno is the last one.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
If Geno gets in we become the biggest thread again and hopefully more people will come to support us as the last old popular one left even though people say Geno is the last one.
We're still the biggest thread, ever, iirc. (Maybe Ridley/K Rool had larger threads during Smash 4's cycle, but for Ultimate at least we're far and away the largest thread.) Isaac and Geno are definitely the "old guard" of Smash requests and seem to form the new "speculation triangle" with Waluigi: Isaac is K. Rool, is forgotten but still beloved character with plenty of potential, Waluigi is Ridley, the purple somewhat meme pick but still has tons of genuine fan support, and Geno is Banjo, the old third-party character many think is "impossible". I'd be shocked if at least two of those three didn't make it (being Isaac and Waluigi, but I'd love for Geno to join).

ZelDan

Smash Master
We're still the biggest thread, ever, iirc. (Maybe Ridley/K Rool had larger threads during Smash 4's cycle, but for Ultimate at least we're far and away the largest thread.) Isaac and Geno are definitely the "old guard" of Smash requests and seem to form the new "speculation triangle" with Waluigi: Isaac is K. Rool, is forgotten but still beloved character with plenty of potential, Waluigi is Ridley, the purple somewhat meme pick but still has tons of genuine fan support, and Geno is Banjo, the old third-party character many think is "impossible". I'd be shocked if at least two of those three didn't make it (being Isaac and Waluigi, but I'd love for Geno to join).
Uhh, maybe I'm missing what you're getting at here, but I'm pretty sure 65,000 posts is more than 39,000 posts...

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Don’t worry, Adepts! Terry is gonna help Isaac get in Smash...as soon as Isaac knows what Terry just said to him. :laugh:

That’s pretty crazy to think about.
•Waluigi = Ridley
•Isaac = K. Rool
•Geno = Banjo

Here’s hoping all three DO make it in once and for all!

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Don’t worry, Adepts! Terry is gonna help Isaac get in Smash...as soon as Isaac knows what Terry just said to him. :laugh:
From one blond whose detractors say he wouldn't have a unique moveset and complain that he isn't as significant now as he was in his debut decade to another.

Last edited:

Smash Lord
The Geno thread pretty much surpassed us because Assist Trophies are seen as less likely or impossible from the community and the discussion regarding the rumored Square Enix character and the missing Mii costume gave them more to talk about in comparison to us. Having the second biggest thread on the site for the situation we're in is actually really impressive

Smash Lord
Figured the Isaac Adepts profile pic could get a little temporary makeover before Terry drops
terry 2.0.png

Things are getting fatally furious

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Figured the Isaac Adepts profile pic could get a little temporary makeover before Terry drops
View attachment 245401
Things are getting fatally furious
Yeah,

Also, 50 TRACKS?! If that's what they can do with SNK, imagine the possibilities with Golden Sun. So much detail in every aspect.

Top Bottom