• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Great picks by everyone we all have our picks. That we want in.

We don't know what form DLC will take after the fifth fighter on the Fighter's pass is unveiled. Hopefully it's a mix of third and first party some great characters people want. But long request Nintendo favourites as well.

Hopefully a lot of our picks get in. .
In my opinion, the 2nd DLC wave will be for characters they deemed wouldn't be profitable enough to warrant a full set: fighter + music + stage.

Isaac stands more of a chance in there. Same for Shantae and plenty of other characters. It'll also be much more likely to be either first part characters or third party ones but from companies who already have a rep in: Capcom, SquareEnix, etc. No need for a dedicated stage in those cases, and stages take a lot of time to create.

Of course, while true they'd either be first party or third party already present, they'd have to be from game series not already represented in Smash. That's why I think they'll focus more on slightly smaller ones and not Sora or the likes in the 2nd DLC wave.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Saw that poll from GameFaqs on the Official Speculation Thread:
https://smashboards.com/threads/newcomer-dlc-speculation-discussion.453424/page-640#post-23573887
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78051910?page=4

I was hoping for better. He is an Assist Trophy, so he lost a bit of momentum, but that's also the case of Waluigi and, to my surprise, Skull Kid, and they are higher (and it's especially surprising for the latter). Bomberman is also quite high for a character that had little support before the game launch and got also deconfirmed.
Hard to make sense of that poll without knowing more about that specific userbase. I'd argue that entire top five shows some significant biases over on GameFAQs, and, as weird as I find a lot of those placements are, it is telling that the difference between second and tenth is less than ten votes, with only 22 votes between second and twentieth. It's the kind of disconnect that makes me wonder if Bayonetta really did as well on the ballot as Sakurai/Nintendo says she did, because if the priorities on GameFAQs are that different, who is to say any of us actually understand the greater fandom?

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
My top 10 (which I'm sure it won't match at all with the new dlc characters). I don't have any specific order, except Isaac, which is the one I care most.
1) Isaac.
I don't think I have to say anything about him. Great potential moveset, good design (but I would like more a mix with his DD design in terms of clothes).
2) Andy/Any AW character.
I hate the strategic games but I comprehend the legacy Wars has. Even if the series has never sold a lot (none of this entries hit 1 million), it was active for 20 years, even if half of them were generic entries. IMO, it deserves a spot (and a new opportunity). Also, I visualize him as a minion control character, with using NES soldiers as a special attacks, like King Dedede in Brawl, but with more control and more useful.
3) Dixie Kong.
Using Diddy Kong as a model, she can be easy to do. She could be an easy semi-clone, changing the special attacks to be more original and relatable of her appearances.
4) Any Zelda character.
Just anyone. Ideally, I would love one Zora (Mipha) and one Goron (Idc which one) just to represent the most important races in Zelda games. But if they included Skull Kid or Vaati, I wouldn't complain at all.
5) Bomberman
The only 3rd party character I wouldn't raise my eyebrows and it's feasible to be a playable character. I'm not fond of its games, but Bomberman is a series heavily associated with Nintendo since it was born.
6) Any Rhythm Heaven character, except Karate joe.
Like Golden Sun (well, even more I think), Rhythm Heaven/Paradise has a strong presence as a Nintendo franchise and has been successful with great sales.
I would enjoy more Chorus kids, Marshall or Rhythm girl, and a rhythm attack character would be interesting (but it would be horribly in the current net). Karate Joe, apart from being ugly visually, it could be a brawler character, which there're a lot of them in the current roster.
7) Ray MK
Mii Gunner is basically him in terms of moveset lol Also, I like his design.
8) Masked Man (Mother)
Yeah, a strange pick. But I don't like Porky at all and MM would be another villain and it could be an interesting character combining PSI energy, a light sword and a pistol/cannon beam.
9) Elma - Rex with Pyra/Mythra.
A character with a double swords with guns with a great mobility? Yes, please (though it would be propably like Bayonetta) I prefer Elma over Rex with Pyra and Mythra, but the other ones are also cool and I wouldn't complain about it if they included. Also, they're more recent and more popular.
10) Any ARMS character.
The last one. A "pure fighting" game (even with its gimmicks) which was one thing Nintendo lacked since... Joy Mech Fight? Normally I would agree with Spring Man, but Min Min or Twintelle would be better, because I find Spring Man a bit boring, design wise. But he's the mascot, so I guess he would be first, with Ribbon Girl as an echo and/or costume.

But, as I said before, I think they'll go for the 3rd parties for the new characters, like season pass, with maybe one or two promotional Nintendo picks, which it's a shame for me, considering I like more Nintendo characters picks.

D

Deleted member

My top ten most wanted characters? Well it would be; plus I'll add my reactions to them too I guess)
1) Geno (Super Mario RPG): He has such an interesting and fun design that really fits well within Smash, His hypothetical moveset could be really fun and cool, Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite games ever, Etc. I just love the little dude a lot and would love for him to get in.

2) Isaac (Golden Sun): Golden Sun is such a phenomenal franchise that unfortunately got it's series cut short when it could've been one of Nintendo's main RPG franchises today yet it's still such an amazing franchise and one of my favorite franchises so I gotta support my boy Isaac. Isaac would also bring a lot to Smash and Golden Sun music is fantastic.

3) Rex/Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2): I really enjoyed XC2 when it came out to the point I say it's one of the best RPG's on the switch today alongside FE:TH and so I would love for Rex and Pyra to make it into Smash as they really got the short end of the metaphorical stick cause they were too late for Base game, The Fighters Pass was 3rd party exclusive, Etc so let's get Rex into Smash where he belongs.

4) Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven): Rhythm Heaven alongside Golden Sun is one of those very few 1st party franchises that feels missing from the roster and feels like it should be there yet these franchises just aren't for some reason or another so I would love for a Rhythm Heaven rep to happen especially Chorus Kids as they could bring a really unique and fun playstyle.

5) Mach Rider (Mach Rider): When that certain hoax came and left it really made me warm up to Mach Rider and realize that they would be a really fun and unique retro rep to the point of them being my most wanted retro rep out of any of them as they would just be a lot of fun and very unique.

6) Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country): We have DK, Diddy and King K. Rool yet no Dixie when Dixie would really complete the DKC representation so I would love for her to get in for that reason and cause she is yet another character that feels like she should be there yet just isn't.

7) Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog): We really should get a new Sonic rep the franchise has been here since Brawl and it's one of the most iconic gaming franchises period yet we only get one single character for it? That's kinda disappointing considering we've gotten multiple 3rd party characters from the same franchise yet Sonic is still alone so why not add it's big bad? Dr. Eggman himself is so iconic he's alongside Bowser as some of the most iconic gaming villains and he could be a lot of fun with a mech playstyle along the lines of Tron Bonne in MvC2.

8) Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney): The Ace Attorney series is one of the few visual novel franchises I actually like as more often than not they're kinda mediocre but AA is a huge exception the series is absolutely amazing from the music to the humor and gameplay, It and Danganronpa are the only two that can really captivate me personally so I adore those franchises especially AA. Nick himself is a really cool dude and I would love to see how he would play in Smash.

9) Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo): Arle is from one of my favorite puzzle franchises and puzzle games are really enjoyable for me so I adore Puyo Puyo and Arle would be the definitive character to rep the series and we don't really have a Puzzle character yet besides Doc but he's just a semi-echo of Mario so we don't really have a Puzzle character that brings in and represents the puzzle franchise so Arle could do that. I would love for that to happen.

10) Andy (Advance Wars): Advance Wars is really underappreciated and the franchise has a long history with Nintendo dating back to the Famicom originally known as Famicom Wars then so Andy's franchise has a really big history and it's probably the 1st party series with the biggest history yet to be added so it would be really cool for them to add Andy/Sami/Whoever. Plus Andy could have a fun moveset.

Finally here's some honorable mentions; FE:TH rep, Rayman, Bandanna Dee, Sans, Waluigi and Skull Kid.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Again, some really nice picks here!
Question: Do you see Andy on foot most of the time and then using tanks/aircraft for his FS? Or would he operate more like a Bowser Jr., in a vehicle the whole time?
I envision him summoning/purchasing his units using a fund system while also taking creative liberties with his wrenches (i.e. catching items, healing units, and projectile usage even) in addition to being used as melee weapons.

Basically, his moveset kit would have most of his options covered between the units he would purchase (i.e. Tanks for heavy firepower and Artillery for long-range capabilities) along with his wrench attacks.

That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to a special where Andy rides a Tank or something. As long as he isn't fighting purely in a tank then i'm good lol.

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Hey I just finished Dark Dawn! I got it about a year ago for the first Golden Sunday we did since I never got it on release. There's kind of a lot to say about it, but I'll keep it brief.

!Spoilers below!

Obviously there's some disappointing parts like the points of no returns, the fact that some characters come so late you don't really bond with them, the terrible pacing in the middle and the storyline that seemed split in two halves.

But there are some good bits I really enjoyed. While some of the puzzles were easy, I still had a lot of fun figuring them out. Got better as it went on. The psynergy and summons were all top notch. The unleashes later on were great (would've liked more of them but at least we got Sol Blade again). The Djinn having different styles but still very recognisable to the element they are is genius and they need to do that again.

Also...
a giant light cannon at the end, what's not to like about that? That part wasn't spoiled for me, so that was a nice surprise.

Overall I have mixed feelings but it was mostly positive. The world could have been more expansive, and the story could have made more sense. But from about Kolira to the end was top notch in my opinion. It made me want to play the next one, as long as we're blessed with one.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
1. Isaac
2. Geno
3. Andy
Those three are my absolute favorites that I want in.

4. Bandana Waddle Dee
5. Skull Kid
6. Dixie Kong
7. Waluigi
Some more Nintendo characters I really want to see get in.

8. Lloyd
9. Shantae
10. Crash
11. Bomberman
12. Rayman
Third parties I’d love to see. Yeah, it’s more than ten. Oh well...

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Hey I just finished Dark Dawn! I got it about a year ago for the first Golden Sunday we did since I never got it on release. There's kind of a lot to say about it, but I'll keep it brief.

!Spoilers below!

Obviously there's some disappointing parts like the points of no returns, the fact that some characters come so late you don't really bond with them, the terrible pacing in the middle and the storyline that seemed split in two halves.

But there are some good bits I really enjoyed. While some of the puzzles were easy, I still had a lot of fun figuring them out. Got better as it went on. The psynergy and summons were all top notch. The unleashes later on were great (would've liked more of them but at least we got Sol Blade again). The Djinn having different styles but still very recognisable to the element they are is genius and they need to do that again.

Also...
a giant light cannon at the end, what's not to like about that? That part wasn't spoiled for me, so that was a nice surprise.

Overall I have mixed feelings but it was mostly positive. The world could have been more expansive, and the story could have made more sense. But from about Kolira to the end was top notch in my opinion. It made me want to play the next one, as long as we're blessed with one.
The puzzles are probably what I enjoy the most in the Golden Sun games. Those in Dark Dawn didn't disappoint. Not too hard, not too easy. Not too long or annoying either (most of the time).
The djinns getting individual differences was a great touch like you said! The game felt more polished than the previous ones on several fronts. It's a shame it was dragged down by a very late release on a dying console with frustrating bits like endless dialogues, tutorials and the points of no-return.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if I'm late on this, but my top 10 most wanted characters are-

1)-Vaati (The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap)

2)-Isaac (Golden Sun)

3)-Saki (Sin & Punishment)

4)-Scizor (Pokemon Crystal)

5)-Andy (Advance Wars)

6)-Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)

7)-Terra (Final Fantasy VI)

8)-Magolor (Kirby's Return to Dream Land)

9)-Geno (Super Mario RPG)

10)-KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)

Anyway, does anyone know if any of the most-wanted-character/most-likely character polls posted here a week or two ago have finished and posted their data?

If so, it would probably be good to take a look at.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Sorry if I'm late on this, but my top 10 most wanted characters are-

1)-Vaati (The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap)

2)-Isaac (Golden Sun)

3)-Saki (Sin & Punishment)

4)-Scizor (Pokemon Crystal)

5)-Andy (Advance Wars)

6)-Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)

7)-Terra (Final Fantasy VI)

8)-Magolor (Kirby's Return to Dream Land)

9)-Geno (Super Mario RPG)

10)-KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)

Anyway, does anyone know if any of the most-wanted-character/most-likely character polls posted here a week or two ago have finished and posted their data?

If so, it would probably be good to take a look at.
Are you talking about the one Sabi/PapaGenos/ScottTheWoz are doing? It should be finish sometime in October.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
So top 10 (me, appearing as if I wasn't go for a week or so xD sorry guys)
1. Isaac/Felix - Golden Sun
A shocker, I know. Given his popularity and how he has maintained it through the years I am frankly surprised he isn't in yet.
2. Skull Kid - TLOZ: Majora's Mask
I just feel Zelda desperately needs another rep, Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda and I think Skull Kid would make a neat addition to the roster.
3. Monster Hunter - Monster Hunter
Probably my only really wanted third party, I think is has a lot of potential for moveset if they executed it right and given how Sakurai has been trying to honor the series they have chosen I think they would work fenomenally.
4. Style Savvy rep - Style Savvy
I love those games! Been playing since the first one and I am so surprised Nintendo put a bet on that kind of game. It'd be great for representing handheld Nintendo history and would be hella cute! I imagine the moveset being hilarious, a strange pick a la Wii fit trainer.
5. Takamaru - Mysterious Murasame Castle
I am surprised he hasn't been the retro pick yet! I know a lot of people would like omg swordfighter please no. But he is a Samurai! How come we don't have a Samurai on the roster? Come on!
6. Krystal - Star Fox
I have been rotting for her since like Brawl and she is still on AT prison ;^; I think we need more female representation in the roster plus I think she'd be very unique.
And that's for my really most wanted, as for who I think would also be neat:
7. A girl from ARMS
I find this one really difficult since I guess they'd go through upgrading Spring man if they wanted ARMS representation, but I just feel the girls have better designs.
8. Geno - Super Mario RPG
I find him interesting but have really no attachments to him since I never plaid SMRPG. I want him so our Geno bros are happy too.
9. Waluigi - Super Mario
Same as with Geno I mainly warmed up to him because the Waluigi bros have been in the same boat as us, also Camelot bros comics made me like him more.
10. Akira Howard - Astral Chain
I'd love to see a brand new ip get represented and Akira's designs are super cool! I'd also love to see their moveset especially if they bring their doggo with them.

That's it! There are some more third parties I'd be fine with or even happy with but to be honest I want Nintendo to bring out their own guns now that the fighters pass covered third party and to prove everyone they can gain a lot and cause a lot of hype through their own IPs

D

Deleted member

That's a pretty cool list.

Happy all those characters ranked so high up.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I just mailed my letter today! The timing for this is great since more DLC was announced and I think Nintendo plans to keep it going for a while.

Who else here plans to send a letter?
Currently writing both of mine (one to Nintendo, one to Camelot)

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I just mailed my letter today! The timing for this is great since more DLC was announced and I think Nintendo plans to keep it going for a while.

Who else here plans to send a letter?
I did to NoA this week and I will ask my best friend to send one as well. The more people that take some time to do so this month, the more likely Nintendo and Camelot will raise their eyebrows in interest at the sudden influx and consider our requests sooner rather than later. I heavily encourage everyone that reads this to send letters, tell your friends, and get the series trending again on Twitter. I don't know if the future of Ultimate DLC or if Camelot's upcoming game lineup have already been completely planned out, but I want to try anything to increase those odds even a little bit more. Now that I know more DLC means there's another chance for that sun to rise, I want to become more involved than I ever was before.

Anyone know of a good site that would be receptive of Golden Sun and our campaign that hasn't already had this shared with? If it's possible, I'd like to try and promote it.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Unrelated sidenote: Alpha Dream, the devs behind the Mario & Luigi series, filed for bankruptcy. Much of this is believed to have been caused by the poor sales of the Inside Story remake. Hopefully the big N will step in to help out, but until then it serves as another reminder of how one bad game can absolutely sink you (also rumor has it that they were in the middle of developing a new M&L for switch and the costs were just too high to be sustainable).

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
How I love Top 10's and insights to people's wishes. I made one not too long ago but here are my Top 10 wishes for Ultimate:

1. Isaac - Big shocker I know. This will never change until the day I DIE!!!!! Pls make it happen Sakurai...

2. Velvet Crowe(Tales of Berseria) - I like her a lot myself but I mainly want her for my girlfriend since she hasn't gotten any character she wished for since Melee so yeah. Probably will be Lloyd but one can wish.

3. Phoenix Wright - Yet another character I rly like myself but I mainly want him for one of my closest friends who wanted this character so bad for ages as well. Since it's the only newcomer he rly wishes for, I hope the best for him as well.

4. Rean Schwarzer (Trails of Cold Steel) - Now this is where my personal wishlist starts again. ToCS isn't that well known over here which is why Rean seems rly unlikely, but since it's Ultimate I just wrote down any crazy idea for characters I really love and would love to see in smash.

5. Fayt/Fidel (Star Ocean) - Another more niche JRPG franchise but one from my childhood. So either of those 2 would made my day since I love Star Ocean 3's and 5's characters the most.

6. Yu Narukami (Persona 4) - Mii Costume

7. Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy 8) - Couldn't decide between Noctis, Tidus and Squall but went with the Gunblademan himself since FF8 isn't the most popular choice. I doubt another FF will appear but since this is a wishlist, I will wish for the impossible.

8. Lindow Amamiya (God Eater) - This one could have a chance. Since GE is getting more and more known and has also come over to the switch, I hope that I might get a pleasant surprise such as Lindow or Soma from the Original God Eater Game.

9. Serph (Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga) - This one is very unlikely as well. He is the protagonist of that spin-off series but not that well known and probably lower priority when it comes to SMT.

10. Hero (Dragon Quest 8) - What can I say? Seems like the impossible might be possible after all :) Since we were kids I talked to my brother about how crazy it would be, if the DQ8 Hero would be in smash, because DQ8 is one of my all-time-favorite JRPGs. 11 years later and here we are. Thank you so much Sakurai <3

EDIT: Here is the rest of my wishes and the chances they have imo. I put a "?" on characters where I feel like it's an all or nothing scenario. So I rly hope Isaac will be reality in this game...
https://imgur.com/gdSN389

Last edited:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Here is the rest of my wishes and the chances they have imo. I put a "?" on characters where I feel like it's an all or nothing scenario. So I rly hope Isaac will be reality in this game...
https://imgur.com/gdSN389
I'd say Albert Wesker is more likely than Leon or even anyone else in RE for that matter. What do you think?

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Albert Wesker is more likely than Leon or even anyone else in RE for that matter. What do you think?
Fair point, I think Chris, Jill or even Wesker might be more likely. (Which is why I gave him a smaller chance than I would have given those 3)

Truth be told I am kinda hoping that the RE2 Remake carries him lol. I just love Leon so much and hope that he might have a slightly chance becoming a fighter. But I have a good feeling about Resident Evil in general regardless of Leon.

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer Dante or Amaterasu myself, but Capcom has a ton of potential characters to be honest. Even Phoenix Wright could make it in. I almost feel like Sakurai should give us a Company Pass for all these Capcom fighters.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
My current top ten list at this point is largely made up of community favourites since after Isaac and Phoenix Wright I just want to see others get what they want. In a way I want them also because I feel like they have a special status in the community, so seeing them confirmed would feel very satisfying to me.

01. Isaac
02. Phoenix Wright
03. Geno
04. Waluigi
05. Dixie Kong
06. Bandana Dee
07. Chibi Robo
08. Monokuma
09. Bomberman
10. Shantae

Honourable Mentions: Ashley, Krystal, Spyro, Rayman, Skull Kid, Lara Croft, Edelgard, Abe, Agumon, Shovel Knight

There are certainly some like Chibi Robo and Monokuma I have an interest in, even if their fanbases aren't huge.

Last edited:

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
Well, with the bankruptcy of Alpha Dream, I'm the only one who is worried Camelot could jump to do a new Mario RPG? With the "possible" dead of Mario&Luigi, there's only Paper Mario, and we don't know if Nintendo wants to return the saga to the RPG genre...

Unrelated sidenote: Alpha Dream, the devs behind the Mario & Luigi series, filed for bankruptcy. Much of this is believed to have been caused by the poor sales of the Inside Story remake. Hopefully the big N will step in to help out, but until then it serves as another reminder of how one bad game can absolutely sink you (also rumor has it that they were in the middle of developing a new M&L for switch and the costs were just too high to be sustainable).
It's speculated Alphadream wanted to be an independent studio and they tried to do some projects without foundation of some publisher, which it caused the bankruptcy. We know they signed with ForwardWorks (the Sony mobile developer) to do a new game, which was the last one they did (after the BIS remake). And also we know they searched for some employee who has experience in HD graphics, quoting Switch and PS4 in the job offer, so it's possible they wanted to be a multiplatform developer.
It could be Nintendo wanted to cut with them after BIS remake due to its poor sales (something I really doubt because Luigi's Mansion 1 had also terrible sales and Grezzo did the Link's Awakening remake), or, as I said before, they tried to be an independent studio, tried to do something new and none of the main Japan publishers was interested and they just failed to survive with the money they had. Maybe we'll know in the next months, if some magazine interviews someone from the staff.
Also, let's see if Nintendo contract some of their employees. Even if they last products were underwhelming, they still have some talent (especially Shimomura), and can work with Monolith or the Intelligent System Paper Mario team.
And this it's a good example for Camelot if they want to jump again to other publishers.

Btw, if anyone is interested, the "votes" of our top 10 (it's not in order, I didn't count the honorable mentions (unless the user didn't arrive at 10), the inespecific ones, the wide range of options or if they surpassed the 10 votes; the I represent a presence in the top 10 and i represent a "half" presence when someone was doubting between two choices):
Geno
IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIIIi =20 +0,5
Dig Dug
I
Anesha
I
Spyro
IIIIi = 4+ 0,5
Terra
I
Kite
II = 2
Resident Evil Character
III = 3
Aero
I
Shantae
IIIII IIIII Ii = 11,5
Isaac
IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII Iii = 31 + 2 0,5
Riesz
I
Dr Eggman
IIII = 4
Amaterasu
I
Dante
III = 3
Chocobo-Moogle Knight
I
Sänger Zonvolt
I
Lloyd Irving
IIIII IIIII = 10
Kyriu Kazuma
II = 2
Wonder Red
I
Sora
IIIII IIIII = 10
Andy - Wars character
IIIII IIIII IIII = 14
Prof Layton
I
Chorus Kids- Rhythm Character
IIIII = 5
Shovel Knight
III = 3
Crash Bandicoot
IIIII IIIii = 8 + 2 0,5
Doom Slayer
IIIIi = 4 + 0,5
Juno/Vela
I
Shadow
II = 2
Waluigi
IIIII IIIIIi = 10 + 0,5
Ganon
I
Dixie Kong
IIIII IIIII IIII = 14
Viewtiful Joe
I
Phoenix Wright
IIIII IIIII= 10
Crono
I
Paper Mario
IIIII= 5
Quote/Curly
I
Retro character
I
Bandana Dee
IIIII IIII= 9
Saki Amamiya
III= 3
Ray
IIIII II= 7
Takamaru
IIII= 4
Mike Jones
I
Vaati
II = 2
Yuri/Luke
I
Kilik
I
Toad/Captain Toad
I
Master Chief
IIIi= 3 + 0,5
Rayman
III= 3
Megaman.exe
I
Maxwell
I
Elma
IIIi= 3 + 0,5
Skull Kid
IIIIi= 4 + 0,5
Midna
i
Krystal
III= 3
KOS-MOS
II= 2
Porky
I
Medusa
II = 2
Felix
IIii = 2 + 2 0,5
Lara Croft
I
Nightmare
I
Rex and Pyra
IIIi = 3 + 0,5
Ryu Hayabusa
I
Byleth
II = 2
Akira Howard
II = 2
The Knight
I
Marina Liteyears
I
Decidueye
I
Ezio Auditore
I
Jibanyan
I
2B
I
Impa
II = 2
Sans
I
Edelgaard
i
Lyndis
i
Jin Kazama
I
Steve
II = 2
Thrall
I
Bomberman
III = 3
Masked Man
I
ARMS Character
II = 2
Mach Rider
I
Arle Nadja
I
Vaati
I
Scizor
I
Terra
I
Magolor
I
Monster Hunter
I
Style Savvy rep
I
Velvet Crowe
I
Rean Schwarzer
I
Fayt/Fidel
I
Yu Narukami
I
Squall Leonhart
I
Lindow Amamiya
I
Serph
I
Chibi Robo
I
Monokuma
I
Captain Syrup
II = 2
Pete
I
Tingle
I
Funky Kong
I
Gruntilda
I
Black Shadow
I
Samurai Goroh
I
Knuckles
I

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Add me in. My top 10 would be:

1 Isaac
2 Dixie Kong
3 Bomberman
4 Captain Syrup
5 Pete (Story of Seasons farmer)
6 Impa
7 Tingle
8 Andy
9 Crash
10 Spyro

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Also, let's see if Nintendo contract some of their employees. Even if they last products were underwhelming, they still have some talent (especially Shimomura)
Yoko Shimomura is freelance, just like Motoi Sakuraba

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
My current top 10.

1. Waluigi (Mario) - My most wanted character. This guy is pretty much the most underappreciated among the Mario cast. He has been in so many games, of course spinoff titles, though he has shined in those games due to his personality and skill. Lots of backlash when the AT reveal happened and no other character besides Waluigi was covered by a national newspaper such as the Washington Post. Nintendo is definitely listening to the requests for Waluigi and Reggie has commented on the topic too. If any AT can be promoted in-game, it has to be Waluigi. Waluigi needs to be in a Wario Land/World game or a main Mario series title or even RPG games. He is still of the big names left that still isn't in Smash alongside Dixie and Toad.

2. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong) - The only core DKC character that still hasn't made the cut. Her absence is a strange one. She was a planned character for Brawl as a tag-team concept with Diddy. That was scrapped and only Diddy got in. I thought she would have a chance in Smash 4 since Tropical Freeze was recent at that time and more female characters were being added in Smash 4. Dixie got passed again for that game and so far in Ultimate though she hasn't had a definitely physical role in Smash besides trophies and spirits. She was playable in more in the original DKC trilogy than DK himself which says a lot there. Many people say that she should be an echo and I disagree there. Her hair is her main trait and it will be the key feature of her moveset. Don't forget she was the second female hero to appear after Samus. Waluigi and Dixie are the key missing pieces to the roster for me.

3. Isaac (Golden Sun) - There still needs to be more new 1st/2nd party franchises that can be added to the mix and Golden is one of them. Isaac would be more than an ordinary swordfighter as the Psynergy would a primary part of his moveset. Here's hoping that Golden Sun can get more recognition with a Switch remake/title.

4. Dr. Robotnik (Sonic) - Robotnik is my most wanted Sonic character. I know people think Tails should be the next Sonic rep, I think that Robotnik should be added next since he has been there since the very beginning alongside Sonic. I would be interested to see what he could do with his tech. Plus, having another villain in the roster is a positive.

5. Funky Kong (Donkey Kong) - I love Funky's personality a lot. He could be an echo for DK or the team could try to do something that fits his bodacious style since he carries that surf board around. I'm glad that Funky got to be playable in main DKC game. Smash can definitely use Funky Mode ;).

6. Gruntilda (Banjo-Kazooie) - Now that Banjo & Kazooie finally their dues, Gruntilda as my next choice from the franchise. I have to say she looks fantastic in Ultimate though I wish she would do her iconic rhyming on the Spiral Mountain. I'm glad she is getting more recognition after all these years. She is an iconic villain who deserves a shot.

7. Captain Syrup (Wario) - It's unfortunate to see WarioWare get treated as Wario's main franchise when the series the made Wario iconic in the first place gets pushed to the side like it's nothing. Though at least, Wario got his Shoulder Bash move back again and we got more Wario Land content which is a step in the right direction. Capt. Syrup would make a good addition from a series that deserves more attention again. Syrup has history with Wario since they are rivals going back to Wario Land 1.

8. Black Shadow (F-Zero) - Many people have been clamoring for F-Zero to make a comeback the last title in 2004. F-Zero is deserving to have a second character since Falcon has been the lone rep since the 64 days. Black Shadow would make a good antagonist addition to the series.

9. Knuckles (Sonic) - Knuckles has been one of my favorite Sonic characters. After Robotnik, Knuckles is next in line as far as Sonic characters go. His fighting style would adapt really well into Smash.

10. Samurai Goroh (F-Zero) - I feel like that Goroh is probably among the more overlooked ATs as far as requests go. Like Waluigi, he has been an AT for three Smash titles in a row. That is something that no other F-Zero character has (no even Black Shadow). He goes back to the original game in the series as he was one of four (alongside Captain Falcon, Pico, and Dr. Stewart). Samurai Goroh deserves a shot since he is among the more well-known F-Zero characters plus he is Falcon's rival and did appear in the Melee opening with him clashing with Falcon.

Honorable mentions - Toad, Mumbo, Takamaru, Krystal, Sami, Impa, Pico, Porky, Marina Liteyears, Cranky Kong, Medusa, Andy, Dillon, Saki, Tails, Marx, Shadow, Bandana Dee, Conker, Micaiah

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
My current top 10.

1. Waluigi (Mario) - My most wanted character. This guy is pretty much the most underappreciated among the Mario cast. He has been in so many games, of course spinoff titles, though he has shined in those games due to his personality and skill. Lots of backlash when the AT reveal happened and no other character besides Waluigi was covered by a national newspaper such as the Washington Post. Nintendo is definitely listening to the requests for Waluigi and Reggie has commented on the topic too. If any AT can be promoted in-game, it has to be Waluigi. Waluigi needs to be in a Wario Land/World game or a main Mario series title or even RPG games. He is still of the big names left that still isn't in Smash alongside Dixie and Toad.

2. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong) - The only core DKC character that still hasn't made the cut. Her absence is a strange one. She was a planned character for Brawl as a tag-team concept with Diddy. That was scrapped and only Diddy got in. I thought she would have a chance in Smash 4 since Tropical Freeze was recent at that time and more female characters were being added in Smash 4. Dixie got passed again for that game and so far in Ultimate though she hasn't had a definitely physical role in Smash besides trophies and spirits. She was playable in more in the original DKC trilogy than DK himself which says a lot there. Many people say that she should be an echo and I disagree there. Her hair is her main trait and it will be the key feature of her moveset. Don't forget she was the second female hero to appear after Samus. Waluigi and Dixie are the key missing pieces to the roster for me.

3. Isaac (Golden Sun) - There still needs to be more new 1st/2nd party franchises that can be added to the mix and Golden is one of them. Isaac would be more than an ordinary swordfighter as the Psynergy would a primary part of his moveset. Here's hoping that Golden Sun can get more recognition with a Switch remake/title.

4. Dr. Robotnik (Sonic) - Robotnik is my most wanted Sonic character. I know people think Tails should be the next Sonic rep, I think that Robotnik should be added next since he has been there since the very beginning alongside Sonic. I would be interested to see what he could do with his tech. Plus, having another villain in the roster is a positive.

5. Funky Kong (Donkey Kong) - I love Funky's personality a lot. He could be an echo for DK or the team could try to do something that fits his bodacious style since he carries that surf board around. I'm glad that Funky got to be playable in main DKC game. Smash can definitely use Funky Mode ;).

6. Gruntilda (Banjo-Kazooie) - Now that Banjo & Kazooie finally their dues, Gruntilda as my next choice from the franchise. I have to say she looks fantastic in Ultimate though I wish she would do her iconic rhyming on the Spiral Mountain. I'm glad she is getting more recognition after all these years. She is an iconic villain who deserves a shot.

7. Captain Syrup (Wario) - It's unfortunate to see WarioWare get treated as Wario's main franchise when the series the made Wario iconic in the first place gets pushed to the side like it's nothing. Though at least, Wario got his Shoulder Bash move back again and we got more Wario Land content which is a step in the right direction. Capt. Syrup would make a good addition from a series that deserves more attention again. Syrup has history with Wario since they are rivals going back to Wario Land 1.

8. Black Shadow (F-Zero) - Many people have been clamoring for F-Zero to make a comeback the last title in 2004. F-Zero is deserving to have a second character since Falcon has been the lone rep since the 64 days. Black Shadow would make a good antagonist addition to the series.

9. Knuckles (Sonic) - Knuckles has been one of my favorite Sonic characters. After Robotnik, Knuckles is next in line as far as Sonic characters go. His fighting style would adapt really well into Smash.

10. Samurai Goroh (F-Zero) - I feel like that Goroh is probably among the more overlooked ATs as far as requests go. Like Waluigi, he has been an AT for three Smash titles in a row. That is something that no other F-Zero character has (no even Black Shadow). He goes back to the original game in the series as he was one of four (alongside Captain Falcon, Pico, and Dr. Stewart). Samurai Goroh deserves a shot since he is among the more well-known F-Zero characters plus he is Falcon's rival and did appear in the Melee opening with him clashing with Falcon.

Honorable mentions - Toad, Mumbo, Takamaru, Krystal, Sami, Impa, Pico, Porky, Marina Liteyears, Cranky Kong, Medusa, Andy, Dillon, Saki, Tails, Marx, Shadow, Bandana Dee, Conker, Micaiah
Gotta shoot you a like for Dixie and Syrup. No one talks about Captain Syrup, but I would be so happy if she got in!

DogManStar

Smash Ace
It's pretty good to see a lot of Andy support in this thread. It could just be us alone here, but I'm hoping he keeps gaining supporters so even though he probably won't get in this time, we could possibly garner enough attention to get IS to make new AW games.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's pretty good to see a lot of Andy support in this thread. It could just be us alone here, but I'm hoping he keeps gaining supporters so even though he probably won't get in this time, we could possibly garner enough attention to get IS to make new AW games.
I still genuinely think AW is gonna come back as soon as IS figures out how to feasibly implement shipping.

Unlike GS (even though it peaked higher) I do think AW returning is a matter of when, not if.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
The Golden Sun fandom and Advance Wars fandom are heavily intertwined since both games are sharing a same period, a same console and, alas, a same fate. There's no surprise that a lot of Isaac supporters would also be pleased by Andy, even if I would prefer Sami.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, with the bankruptcy of Alpha Dream, I'm the only one who is worried Camelot could jump to do a new Mario RPG? With the "possible" dead of Mario&Luigi, there's only Paper Mario, and we don't know if Nintendo wants to return the saga to the RPG genre...
Yikes, that's a really bleak take on this. But somehow it seems possible, and that's really scary.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Camelot isn't likely to do a Mario RPG. If they were going to, they would have done it instead of Golden Sun, back before Mario and Luigi even existed

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I still genuinely think AW is gonna come back as soon as IS figures out how to feasibly implement shipping.

Unlike GS (even though it peaked higher) I do think AW returning is a matter of when, not if.
Heh. I really wish I could share your optimism N3ON, I really do.

I do think IntSys will revist Advance Wars eventually but there's no telling how far in to the future that's going to be. For all we know, it could be like 5-7 years down the road which would be very unfortunate if it misses the Switch-era completely like it did the 3DS-era.

Right now, the best hope we have for a franchise revival is if the next FE after 3H (probably an FE4-5 remake) drops considerably in sales relative to 3H where IntSys will see it as financially viable to bring back Advance Wars. And of course, the AW-like market continuing to grow with Wargroove's success and Tiny Metal getting a sequel. It needs to be a mix of those two things happening along with continued fan support similar to how Golden Sun fans are being more vocal about wanting to see the series return.

The reason i'm running Operation Warzone is to support the franchise so it can be back sooner rather than later. Of course, I don't expect to be the catalyst for this of course but the more people supporting this series is always for the better. Much like with Operation Sunrise for Golden Sun.

But that being said, I really appreciate the sentiment. We need more people to have this kind of optimism for both franchises!
The Golden Sun fandom and Advance Wars fandom are heavily intertwined since both games are sharing a same period, a same console and, alas, a same fate. There's no surprise that a lot of Isaac supporters would also be pleased by Andy, even if I would prefer Sami.
I second this! As someone who's a huge fan of both franchises, it's really uplifting to see that both fan bases are supportive of one another. It's really similar to the crossover Ridley & K. Rool supporters had in the Smash 4/pre-Ultimate days.

Both series had their best entries on the GBA, slowed down in the DS-era, and completely missed the 3DS-era. Both series have also yet to make their debut on the Switch but if/when they do, they're going to come back huge bigger than they've ever been.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Camelot isn't likely to do a Mario RPG. If they were going to, they would have done it instead of Golden Sun, back before Mario and Luigi even existed
We're talking about now, though. The fact of the matter is that the party that the Mario RPG series had been outsourced to has now filed bankruptcy and now Nintendo may want some other company to continue making Mario RPGs.

Fortunately, it's only a speculated chance that Camelot might be picked, but it does make sense:

1. Camelot has experience making RPGs (Golden Sun, obviously)
2. Camelot is Nintendo's go to company for Mario sports titles.

It makes sense that they could be given the task. No guarantees, but it is possible.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yikes, that's a really bleak take on this. But somehow it seems possible, and that's really scary.
If Camelot can create a successful Mario RPG, that might actually help convince Nintendo to give them another crack at GS. It would settle whether they're even still capable of developing games larger in scope than tennis and golf.

Or they just get stuck making Mario RPGs.

Or they try their hand at making a Mario RPG, it doesn't pan out, and then they go bankrupt.

Heh. I really wish I could share your optimism N3ON, I really do.

I do think IntSys will revist Advance Wars eventually but there's no telling how far in to the future that's going to be. For all we know, it could be like 5-7 years down the road which would be very unfortunate if it misses the Switch-era completely like it did the 3DS-era.
Well, it's not like I ascribed the return to next week; it very well could be 5-7 years from now. It could be longer. But I'm convinced AW will return at some point. Which is more than I'd say about GS, given I think GS only might return at some point.

Right now, the best hope we have for a franchise revival is if the next FE after 3H (probably an FE4-5 remake) drops considerably in sales relative to 3H where IntSys will see it as financially viable to bring back Advance Wars. And of course, the AW-like market continuing to grow with Wargroove's success and Tiny Metal getting a sequel. It needs to be a mix of those two things happening along with continued fan support similar to how Golden Sun fans are being more vocal about wanting to see the series return.
It's not like they need to wait for FE to take a downturn before the room frees up for AW, IS can and does constantly work on projects concurrently. Plus, they weren't even the lead devs on 3H, Koei-Tecmo was. They have the resources to make an AW game at any point, it's just a question of whether the powers at be see it as a viable endeavour.

Hence why I think they'll only see it as viable when they can figure out how to have it ape the elements of FE that made it a recent success.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
We're talking about now, though. The fact of the matter is that the party that the Mario RPG series had been outsourced to has now filed bankruptcy and now Nintendo may want some other company to continue making Mario RPGs.

Fortunately, it's only a speculated chance that Camelot might be picked, but it does make sense:

1. Camelot has experience making RPGs (Golden Sun, obviously)
2. Camelot is Nintendo's go to company for Mario sports titles.

It makes sense that they could be given the task. No guarantees, but it is possible.
Nintendo doesn't ask for these spinoffs to be made. Especially for companies not under their control, they don't have the jurisdiction to just delegate a property to someone.

Aside from that, Camelot may not be a very appealing choice anyway, considering they haven't made an RPG for almost ten years. They'd be more likely to go for Monolith Soft or IS, but I think it's far more likely we don't get M&L games until the remnants of AlphaDream can get back into it, or it's handed to an internal team. Not Camelot.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I don’t think Camelot will do M&L. Do you think Nintendo remembers that they used to be a RPG studio?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Nintendo doesn't ask for these spinoffs to be made. Especially for companies not under their control, they don't have the jurisdiction to just delegate a property to someone.
Is this true? I am not knowledgeable on how these things work. I just always thought (and got the impression from others) that Camelot was working on Mario sports titles because that's what Nintendo was wanting, so thus there was working with Nintendo for those properties.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It has to vary, sometimes the developer approaches Nintendo, sometimes Nintendo approaches the developer. I imagine in the case of Camelot's sports games, Nintendo is the one who approaches Camelot, given their safe nature and useful purpose as schedule fodder. But maybe at the beginning, Camelot was the one to pitch Mario Tennis and Mario Golf to Nintendo.

However, I suspect Camelot is happy enough to still be making them, so for those two, it's probably win-win.

Top Bottom