• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I...couldn't disagree more, really.

Mainly because Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Splatoon, and arguably Pikmin are much bigger than Star Fox is these days.
Maybe so, but to me Star Fox is more iconic than those franchises even if it doesn't stand on the holy ground that it use to.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Call me bias if you will, but honestly I feel like the only characters that are true Nintendo All Stars in the roster are the main cast members of the franchises of the Original 8.

Mario: :ultmario:, :ultluigi:, :ultpeach:, :ultbowser:

DK: :ultdk:, :ultdiddy:, :ultkrool:

Yoshi: :ultyoshi:

Zelda: :ultlink:, :ultzelda:, :ultganondorf:

Metroid: :ultsamus:/:ultzss:, :ultridley:

Star Fox: :ultfox:, :ultfalco:, :ultwolf:,

Pokemon: :ultpikachu:, :ultmewtwo:, :ultpokemontrainer:, :ultjigglypuff:

Kirby: :ultkirby:, :ultkingdedede:, :ultmetaknight:

Wario: :ultwario: (He isn't part of the Original 8, but he is definitely a Nintendo All Star.)
Even this shows some level of bias. K. Rool a Nintendo All-Star? Falco and Wolf? Jigglypuff? Maybe within their individual franchises, but Nintendo-wide, I think you'd have difficulty arguing those are more popular and/or famous than Tom Nook/Isabelle, Marth, Captain Falcon, the Inklings, and so on. I doubt any two of us would agree on a list of who the most iconic characters are by virtue of how different our individual experiences invariably are, which is part of what makes a game like Ultimate so great: there's a little something for basically everyone.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Even this shows some level of bias. K. Rool a Nintendo All-Star? Falco and Wolf? Jigglypuff? Maybe within their individual franchises, but Nintendo-wide, I think you'd have difficulty arguing those are more popular and/or famous than Tom Nook/Isabelle, Marth, Captain Falcon, the Inklings, and so on. I doubt any two of us would agree on a list of who the most iconic characters are by virtue of how different our individual experiences invariably are, which is part of what makes a game like Ultimate so great: there's a little something for basically everyone.
Okay, maybe Falco and Wolf ain't that iconic, but K. Rool? Absolutely. He might have been MIA for years, but he was the main antagonist of the original DKC trilogy which were all in the top 10 best selling SNES games of all time and DK64. K. Rool was a big part in the success of the DKC franchise's success and we shouldn't ignore that just because Nintendo abandon him for years for some damn ***** reason after Rare left. DKC is Nintendo's 5th best selling franchise and that is very damn impressive for a franchise that has had not that notable spin off titles and two main line games in the past 20 years without it's core developers.

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I just don't really get why there are so many third-parties if smash is supposed to be filled with "Nintendo-all-stars".

Characters like Banjo and Mega Man or possible newcomers like Geno and Lloyd make sense, as they've been associated with Nintendo consoles enough that some people may even think they're full Nintendo characters.

But Joker? Snake? Cloud? Those are all characters that are more associated with the Playstation. They're fun characters, don't get me wrong, but they just don't really fit for a Nintendo-based fighting game.

In my opinion, at least.

If they want more third-parties in the game, I'd really prefer if they were more Nintendo-based than Xbox/Playstation-based.

Though I want more first-parties more than any third-party, of course.
I mean, it has become a celebration of game history in general. Also Metal Gear was born on Nintendo platforms, it had entries on GameCube and 3ds, and also Sakurai and Kojima are super friends so that wasn't really weird. Same with Cloud, a lot of FF on Nintendo Consoles but Cloud is the most recognizable from the franchise so that why he was chosen.

But I agree that getting more Nintendo related third parties is something I'd prefer

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Iconic is rather subjective am afraid. Especially when it comes to this.

There are many namesakes that Smash absolutely can't do without, of this am sure. But not every franchise or character gets the same amount of attention or spot light time, so to say.

What mostly sold Smash is the idea of Mario vs Pikachu, and there being a ton of other big namesakes in the mix as DK, Link and Kirby. The others where all extremely solid picks, sure, but mostly what was popular at that given time. Yoshi, Fox, Samus all weren't as big and where carried through recent releases more than anything. Overal popularity helps yes, but truly iconic at that time where only Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, DK, Kirby and Link, and Yoshi was a big rising star.

It doesn't mean all that much, but it shouldn't be overlooked either.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Dude what are you even talking about? First, they credited 3 characters as being from the ballot and a few others as also having popularity in a specific region. Second, Waluigi getting promoted absolutely raises our chances because AT promotion for DLC is no longer is theoretical it's got full-on precedent, which in every way help us. We are still in a great place for being DLC and even if we miss out again making our voices heard now is how we don't end up as an AT in future releases.
I'm speaking of SSB4 DLC, which ended with just a single character credited to the ballot.

If Waluigi was upgraded, yes, it would make things look better. The problem is that it really only matters if the focus of later DLC characters are the same, instead of the "every random third party collaboration they can possibly get" approach they've taken with the Fighter's Pass. And what I'm saying is that in between past evidence (we never get a string of only fan-favorite characters) and the fact that we've just been given the news that the later DLC characters will still be about collaborations, it doesn't look like prime conditions for multiple fan-favorite additions... It looks like if there even is an AT update for fans, it could only be a lone character, with the focus of the rest of the characters being third party and/or promotional.

I had hope that we might be seeing a first party focused DLC post-Fighter's Pass, which led me to think that we might be seeing a slightly higher chance of Isaac than what I think now given the new information we're just now getting in. The chances were already so slim, now we're being told it's going to be about more collaborations, the choices are straight-from Nintendo.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I just don't really get why there are so many third-parties if smash is supposed to be filled with "Nintendo-all-stars".

Characters like Banjo and Mega Man or possible newcomers like Geno and Lloyd make sense, as they've been associated with Nintendo consoles enough that some people may even think they're full Nintendo characters.

But Joker? Snake? Cloud? Those are all characters that are more associated with the Playstation. They're fun characters, don't get me wrong, but they just don't really fit for a Nintendo-based fighting game.

In my opinion, at least.

If they want more third-parties in the game, I'd really prefer if they were more Nintendo-based than Xbox/Playstation-based.

Though I want more first-parties more than any third-party, of course.
Honestly, Smash isn't a Nintendo All Stars game. Of course the game has a lot of Nintendo characters, but for a lot of people, including me, third parties are a big thing in Smash. Characters like Snake or Cloud are usually associated with Playstation, that's true, but that doesn't mean they're not an important part of videogames, because they are. If you ask me Cloud or Snake makes a lot of sense in Smash.

At the same time I want Isaac and I would really like other Nintendo characters to joining the roster, characters like Lyn, Dixie Kong, Skull Kid or the Chorus Kid among others. What I'm trying to say with this is that I do not think wanting first and third parties is incompatible, because at the same time some of my most wanted characters are third party.
As I said before if I had to bet I would expect mostly third party characters beyond fighter number 5. Probably all the next fighters will be third party ones, and even if I want Isaac and other Nintendo characters, it makes sense. With guest characters Nintendo can easily aim other audiences, doing that with Isaac, Skull Kid, etc. is more complicated if I'm honest.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'm speaking of SSB4 DLC, which ended with just a single character credited to the ballot.

If Waluigi was upgraded, yes, it would make things look better. The problem is that it really only matters if the focus of later DLC characters are the same, instead of the "every random third party collaboration they can possibly get" approach they've taken with the Fighter's Pass. And what I'm saying is that in between past evidence (we never get a string of only fan-favorite characters) and the fact that we've just been given the news that the later DLC characters will still be about collaborations, it doesn't look like prime conditions for multiple fan-favorite additions... It looks like if there even is an AT update for fans, it could only be a lone character, with the focus of the rest of the characters being third party and/or promotional.

I had hope that we might be seeing a first party focused DLC post-Fighter's Pass, which led me to think that we might be seeing a slightly higher chance of Isaac than what I think now given the new information we're just now getting in. The chances were already so slim, now we're being told it's going to be about more collaborations, the choices are straight-from Nintendo.
I just legitimately can't understand your pessimism. Like yes, Nintendo has had a hand in this DLC but considering 3 of the four revealed so far have been important to Sakurai himself I think you are underestimating how much leeway he gets with DLC. As the translation for that article goes on he even mentions there are still plenty of requests out there and that he wants to fulfill as many as he can with this game. AT breakage of any kind gives us way more of chance, even if it turns out to be a one-time thing as they can keep deciding on more DLC as long as people keep buying. Right now there's not even anything remotely suggesting it all be third parties. I get it mate, you've been burned by Isaac's chances before but so have we. So have the Ridley fans, the K Rool fans, the Banjo fans, the Megaman fans, pretty much every fan character on the dang roster at some point. Admitting defeat before the battle is even over is pointless. We already know Sakurai wants to answer fan demand. We know AT promotions are a thing that he has done. We know there's more DLC. We know we are a top request. So really with how much strength we have going for us why do you choose to only see the negatives? May I remind you Ridley was said to be impossible and still got in. No character will ever be in a worse position than that and still you doubt?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Anyone who’s seen pics of Sakurai’s collection of games is going to be able to connect him to whatever future IPs get added, especially if they’re followed post-reveal with a statement about how familiar Sakurai is with the series. That man’s a maniac; he’s familiar with damn near every series.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
I've said this before but Smash becoming a representation of all of gaming isn't really a realistic goal.
It would be really hard to get all the most iconic Sony and Microsoft characters (or anywhere reasonably close), for example, and even if you did then what are characters like Olimar and Captain Falcon even doing in that sort of game? Mario vs. Cloud is simply a matchup for a different league than, say, Wario vs. Shulk.
Smash representing all of Nintendo in a coherent and nearly complete way is a much different game than picking a hodgepodge of iconic video game characters from different companies with major pieces of gaming left completely unrepresented.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Yeah I wish Smash was still trying to bring more Nintendo series in instead of adding a bunch of third parties. At least most of our third parties actually have a sensible connection to Nintendo.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I love that Smash has become more of a celebration of gaming in general and dig third party picks, I just wish it wouldn't come at the expense of the ideas of a "celebration of Nintendo" or the "History of Nintendo". One of my biggest issues with ultimate is that we only saw one new first party series repped with a playable character (Splatoon).

That said unless Sakurai/Nintendo comes out and says "Nope, sorry, first parties ain't happenin' chief" or if we start seeing post-FP characters and they're still more third party franchises, I'm not giving up on the idea of getting more first party characters, including Isaac.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Besides we got some actually good quotes from the column, I will highlight the ones I think help us the most (not only us but fan demanded in general) "If Smash Bros. continues in the future, then there’s no way this many fighters and series can be represented again. There are still requests from all over the world for new fighters in Smash." and "As long as there’s an opportunity to make more fighters, Sakurai wants to push the record further. As long as Sakurai can please someone with the addition of a new fighter, then it’s best for him to work on the game" so yeah. I don't think they will completely ignore first party this time around especially because they have been bringing out new IPs and have some old that are not yet represented through a fighter, more Nintendo franchises need to have their first playable since only Splatoon is new to Smash from the first party's newcomers

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I've said this before but Smash becoming a representation of all of gaming isn't really a realistic goal.
It would be really hard to get all the most iconic Sony and Microsoft characters (or anywhere reasonably close), for example, and even if you did then what are characters like Olimar and Captain Falcon even doing in that sort of game? Mario vs. Cloud is simply a matchup for a different league than, say, Wario vs. Shulk.
Smash representing all of Nintendo in a coherent and nearly complete way is a much different game than picking a hodgepodge of iconic video game characters from different companies with major pieces of gaming left completely unrepresented.
It's impossible to reunite every company or every iconic character in one game, for that reason Smash and more concrete, Ultimate, is amazing even if you're not a Smash fan.
I wouldn't expect to have Kratos and Master Chief in Smash anytime soon but I'm really sure Sakurai wants to add more third party franchises. Maybe he will add some first party characters. I think it depends in how many fighters he (and Nintendo) wants to add at the end of Ultimate. If we're gonna get 3 more characters after #5, honestly I will not be expecting Nintendo characters in these 3 new fighters. If we're gonna get 10 for example, I think it's really possible to see some first party characters.

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Seems AT status is really having an effect on a lot of people's predictions for the 2nd batch of DLC fighters, if polls and videos are anything to go by. Just watched Aaronitmar's video of potential fighters and he doesn't mention any AT characters except Waluigi (he seems to be immune).

So it goes to show how badly we need an AT upgrade so that door can be open again in people's minds. Luckily, it's unlikely Sakurai is deciding these characters right now. They might've been locked in months ago.

I keep checking threads and looking for videos. It's honestly a bit quiet on Isaac discussion. I won't let it dissuade me though, we've got a while to go yet. People seem to respond more to leak speculation anyway. Which also makes me wonder. If there's a 'leak' that includes Isaac, how do you think that'll change your perception? Will you be roped into the hype even if you're convinced it's fake? Or will you block it all out until you see the 'Joins the battle' screen?

SPEN18

Smash Lord
It's impossible to reunite every company or every iconic character in one game, for that reason Smash and more concrete, Ultimate, is amazing even if you're not a Smash fan.
But if we had only gotten first parties and maybe 1-2 third parties per game then the first party roster would be absolutely amazing and probably pretty much all the popular first party picks would be in it, with even a little space for the really really big third parties like Sonic and Pac-Man. It would be one thing if we were scraping the bottom of the barrel for legitimate first party picks but we're not anywhere close to that with big names like Isaac, Waluigi, Skull Kid, Dixie Kong, and more still on the board. Sometimes it's better to stay with a narrower focus that you can fulfill almost completely, rather than start with loftier goals but never get anywhere close to actually reaching them.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Seems AT status is really having an effect on a lot of people's predictions for the 2nd batch of DLC fighters, if polls and videos are anything to go by. Just watched Aaronitmar's video of potential fighters and he doesn't mention any AT characters except Waluigi (he seems to be immune).

So it goes to show how badly we need an AT upgrade so that door can be open again in people's minds. Luckily, it's unlikely Sakurai is deciding these characters right now. They might've been locked in months ago.

I keep checking threads and looking for videos. It's honestly a bit quiet on Isaac discussion. I won't let it dissuade me though, we've got a while to go yet. People seem to respond more to leak speculation anyway. Which also makes me wonder. If there's a 'leak' that includes Isaac, how do you think that'll change your perception? Will you be roped into the hype even if you're convinced it's fake? Or will you block it all out until you see the 'Joins the battle' screen?
Unfortunately it’s as you said. Until an AT gets promoted most people won’t give Isaac a chance. Even though it is a fan rule people will still believe it must be true.

I wouldn’t be surprised if most of the Isaac fans just gave up and don’t bother anymore since that Direct that deconfirmed him for the base game. It’s really disheartening and I can see why they chose to move on. I’ll continue to have hope.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
While the idea of Smash being a "celebration of video games as a whole" is certainly idealistic, it's simply not practical. Even if by some miracle, Xbox icons like Master Chief and Steve (I guess, I'm not familiar with Xbox) got in due to Microsoft's relationship with Nintendo (highly unlikely, Xbox still has brand integrity to protect), PlayStation icons like Kratos, Sly, and other Sony-owned characters are firmly impractical (I refuse to say impossible). It is my personal opinion that Smash should've mostly remained a Nintendo-first series, but it's clear Sakurai doesn't share the same idea, viewing it more as trying to build the biggest crossover ever (personally, I would've never allowed characters like Bayonetta or Joker, although the other third-parties make sense). Not to mention, there are only so many characters you can get before you'd need to reach back into Nintendo's catalogue once again. And once that occurs, Isaac is at the forefront. I can't see Nintendo looking at the fan backlash to the AT as well as Golden Sunday, then going to Sakurai and saying, "well, we'd love to put in a fan-demanded first-party character that would cost us literally no money to acquire, but we'd rather get [insert Sony character here] for [insert absurd amount of money here]." Plus, Sakurai must be aware of the demand, and he does have basically the final say when it comes to DLC. Isaac's name had to have come up at some point, and I think it was at the perfect time for it to all come together.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Well the truth of it is a lot of popularity comes from expectation. Not just for Isaac, for everyone. So if people don't think ATs have much hope at getting upgraded, supporting them will fall out of favour. Plus right now even just finding a first-party with a good deal of active support is a rarity. There's a lot to be said for diehards who will support their characters through thick and thin, and thankfully given Isaac's large fanbase, he will have a large number of diehards, but a good deal of the fanbase is fickle, even if it's not deliberate.

I mean even now, though the thread is quite active compared to several days back, compared to last autumn, it's a drop in the pond. So obviously many people have moved on, only to return when they think the odds are in Isaac's favour.

And if there's a believable leak that has Isaac on it, it won't change my perception, but it will get more people on board.

Dabi Strife

Smash Rookie
I just legitimately can't understand your pessimism. Like yes, Nintendo has had a hand in this DLC but considering 3 of the four revealed so far have been important to Sakurai himself I think you are underestimating how much leeway he gets with DLC. As the translation for that article goes on he even mentions there are still plenty of requests out there and that he wants to fulfill as many as he can with this game. AT breakage of any kind gives us way more of chance, even if it turns out to be a one-time thing as they can keep deciding on more DLC as long as people keep buying. Right now there's not even anything remotely suggesting it all be third parties. I get it mate, you've been burned by Isaac's chances before but so have we. So have the Ridley fans, the K Rool fans, the Banjo fans, the Megaman fans, pretty much every fan character on the dang roster at some point. Admitting defeat before the battle is even over is pointless. We already know Sakurai wants to answer fan demand. We know AT promotions are a thing that he has done. We know there's more DLC. We know we are a top request. So really with how much strength we have going for us why do you choose to only see the negatives? May I remind you Ridley was said to be impossible and still got in. No character will ever be in a worse position than that and still you doubt?
I think the pessimism is 100% justified here tbh. After Isaac being passed up so many times, people start to lose hope and it shows with the Isaac AT and the uncertainty of more characters after the fighters pass. Sakurai shows different ways to have franchises represent (characters, stage, spirits, mii costumes, etc.). Not every franchise (especially some Nintendo franchises) need a playable character. POSSIBLY in Nintendo and Sakurai’s eyes, GS seems to have enough representation and they want to give new franchises their time to shine. Now I can totally be wrong and they actually do something like make Isaac playable. But considering the circumstances that first parties are in, it SEEMS like they have little to no chance. Everyone nowadays are expecting 3rd parties and it’s possible that Nintendo wants to focus on getting a 3rd party franchise’s fanbase to be interested in smash which will supposedly lead them into being interested in the 1st party franchises. Again, what I’m saying isn’t 100% factual and they can just end up bringing in fan favorite 1st parties because why not.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I think the pessimism is 100% justified here tbh. After Isaac being passed up so many times, people start to lose hope and it shows with the Isaac AT and the uncertainty of more characters after the fighters pass. Sakurai shows different ways to have franchises represent (characters, stage, spirits, mii costumes, etc.). Not every franchise (especially some Nintendo franchises) need a playable character. POSSIBLY in Nintendo and Sakurai’s eyes, GS seems to have enough representation and they want to give new franchises their time to shine. Now I can totally be wrong and they actually do something like make Isaac playable. But considering the circumstances that first parties are in, it SEEMS like they have little to no chance. Everyone nowadays are expecting 3rd parties and it’s possible that Nintendo wants to focus on getting a 3rd party franchise’s fanbase to be interested in smash which will supposedly lead them into being interested in the 1st party franchises. Again, what I’m saying isn’t 100% factual and they can just end up bringing in fan favorite 1st parties because why not.
I mean we have been passed up the exact same amount as as other huge requests. Right now we know being irrelevant and a dead series is not an issue with sufficient demand thanks to K Rool and Banjo. We know Sakurai wants to please fans. He acknowledged there were still plenty of requests left, and that he wants Ultimate to fulfill as many of those as possible. He also referred to every new series not just 3rd party expanding the crossover of Smash. I see no reason to believe in just 3rd parties outside of the pass. The pessimism is extremely premature. I mean Sakurai knows the community still wants first party characters. Maybe if we are 2 or 3 post DLC characters in and no first parties have arrived I'd understand but right now it's silly.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
The pessimism is justified, but at this point Isaac is the biggest request left from the old days, alongside Geno. They could keep ignoring him forever, yes, but Sakurai said he wanted to please the fans and make this the biggest Smash game ever. Why would he specifically pass up Isaac but none of those other characters?

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Well.... since Nintendo is apparently still in the driver’s seat when it comes to picking characters for DLC the one thing that gives me a lot of hope is they supposedly noticed the backlash when Isaac’s AT was revealed.

Obviously we have absolutely no idea what Nintendo is planning behind the scenes and can only speculate, but maybe they’ve noticed there’s still a crowd for Golden Sun and since the Switch has become an RPG juggernaut and not only are we getting new entries into the genre but also older ones like FF ports and Mana ports, they may see this as an opportunity to bring back GS. EVen if it’s just a rerelease of the games.

In which they would approach Sakurai about making Isaac part of the DLC so they can promote the games and if the reception is good and the game sales do well they can look at continuing the series. Of course it’s a win-win for Nintendo to get another successful RPG series on the Switch, but unlike FF, DQ, or Mana they don’t have to split profits with another third party company.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Honestly reading the entire column again, some people are jumping the gun as if it's bad news. Yes he did mention collaborations and that Nintendo was picking the fighters again but it doesn't sound like first parties are completely off the table at all. He in fact stated he wants to push the record as far as he can and please the fans. If anything the popularity of Isaac and the backlash that the Isaac AT reveal got may be on Nintendo's mind and with how much JRPG support the Switch is getting and the fact that Golden Sun managed to trend when the trademark news came out last year does make me more hopeful the series will come back regardless.
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2019/09/11/sakurai-talks-more-about-smash-ultimate-dlc-development/

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Quick break to remind you to participate on Papageno's Sabi's and Scott's poll if you haven't! It is already at 5000 votes and we really want to push it hard for our Golden Boi so spread the word https://t.co/w6g3lqyiWf?amp=1

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
There are definitely some good factors in our favor for Isaac’s inclusion. Like the AT backlash, Golden Sunday, GS Trademark renewal (perhaps?), Isaac’s popularity, etc. However, there’s also another factor we keep forgetting about that Isaac may be on the way via DLC.

The Letter Campaign that we did in January!

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Honestly, it feels kind of funny to interpret Nintendo choosing the characters as a bad thing. Like, what has all the community organization been for if not to get Nintendo to notice us? Let's have some faith that all the effort meant something, especially when we still have no idea what this extended DLC will look like, nor do we know what Camelot's next project is.

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
https://twitter.com/xxaylu/status/1169382934677262336 Apparently Golden Sun keeps trending on Twitter in Spain everytime Nintendo announces an event that has reveals in it (Especially Smash reveals). This has been going on since the November Direct last year, at least that's as far back as I remember it going it could have started earlier. This isn't too surprising as Golden Sun has always been popular there, but to see it consistently trending so many times is really bizarre but great to see!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
https://twitter.com/xxaylu/status/1169382934677262336 Apparently Golden Sun keeps trending on Twitter in Spain everytime Nintendo announces an event that has reveals in it (Especially Smash reveals). This has been going on since the November Direct last year, at least that's as far back as I remember it going it could have started earlier. This isn't too surprising as Golden Sun has always been popular there, but to see it consistently trending so many times is really bizarre but great to see!
This is amazing news, but link appears to be broken?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Unless there are some *naughty words* can you guys just directly post the tweet? Just paste the url in the 'insert media' function, next to the smilies.

There are so many links per page. :/

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Inb4 that's just me retweeting all the Golden Sun stuff because I live in Spain, lmao.

Glad to be living in a country that's still flying the flag for Golden Sun even if Isaac's actually called Hans here.

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
When the Golden Sun trademark was renewed, it was the third trending topic in Spain, for example. It helped the news surfaced on the morning, but hey, to be 3rd at that time was praiseworthy.
Dm_vHXPW4AAtP9o.jpg
Btw, it has been one year since that happened (well, tomorrow more exactly).

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yeah, I don't know exactly why but Golden Sun has a good support here. If the name is trending topic every time Nintendo does a Direct I don't know for sure but at least in the internet I see a good amount of people talking and asking about a new Golden Sun.
Also I usually saw some comments from people about Isaac in the Smash related tweets from Nintendo Spain.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I still firmly believe that Isaac could be a "Europe rep" since he and Golden Sun seem to be super popular over there. The Fighter Pass could like Joker (Sakurai's pick), Hero (Japan pick), Banjo (Western, mostly US pick), Terry (apparently a China/Latin America pick), and Isaac (Europe pick). Of course, I think that's unlikely, but I just have a hard time believing that Nintendo saw all the support for Isaac and didn't tell Sakurai to put him in the game. I'm fairly confident Nintendo wouldn't care that he's already an Assist, although Sakurai might have a problem with that. However, I feel like if he was given the opportunity to work around it and please the fans, I bet he would jump at the chance. Honestly, I bet seeing the reaction to Isaac's Assist killed him a little back in November, since we all know how much he hates disappointing the fans.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Yeah we just have to hope he felt bad for us seeing the negative reactions from tons of people and felt like Isaac would be a great pick in the future. We know they saw the reaction to Waluigi, I think they saw us too.

Top Bottom