• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
You do so much for the GS community it feels like we owe you big!

Hmm...maybe. I wonder... Maybe I can do something as thanks for your work.
I admittedly haven't done much recently, but that's more because there hasn't been much opportunity to really talk about Golden Sun aside from when I'm predicting for Directs.

I'd love to try out some video ideas, but my "Why Golden Sun needs a sequel" and original "Isaac for Smash" videos were pretty good for the time. I might try and reshare them around.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I admittedly haven't done much recently, but that's more because there hasn't been much opportunity to really talk about Golden Sun aside from when I'm predicting for Directs.

I'd love to try out some video ideas, but my "Why Golden Sun needs a sequel" and original "Isaac for Smash" videos were pretty good for the time. I might try and reshare them around.
Nevertheless, you have been a big pillar of our YT exposure. I think we can all agree that :)

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Certainly didn't expect an announcement for more DLC before the current fighter pass was over. The timing is pretty nice with the Isaac backlash and letter campaign being recent events that occured post launch. Safe to say I'm pretty optimistic for Isaac's chances. Although I'd probably be optimistic regardless lol.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Wow it's quite something to see this thread be able to get more than 3 posts in less than an 10 minutes again as opposed to 3 posts in a day or two (numbers might be off there but you get my point)

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Tomorrow everyone look forward to a post Ill be making on the GS reddit. I made something about a month ago and was going to post it as like "Hey Nintendo I would love to see this one day" at the end of all the DLC news, however, with the news today, I think you will all love it

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
It's so late here and am so tired but have a little doodle to express my current feelings. Gonna finally starting pumping thousand fanarts now.
WE'RE GOING HOME.PNG

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Alright.

* Crackles knuckles.

I'm back.

I was a bit burned out on Smash speculation given the dwindling number of characters left to reveal, and I was becoming a bit less optimistic about the possibility of additional fighters after the pass, but honestly the biggest problem is that I've been way too busy with Fire Emblem the last month.
However!
Fear not, Isaac remains my most wanted easily, and today's reveals were what I needed to get active again. Perhaps it's too optimistic of me to have hope, but I'm really glad that we remained active and loud even after the AT reveal with the Golden Sundays and the like during the timeframe they might have been starting to plan these characters. I'm glad to see others are feeling the same way. Let's get rolling!

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I'm getting started on the next Golden Sunday Giveaway prize first thing tomorrow night in celebration. Gotta make that Isaac scarf right away!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We're back in business huh?

Here's hoping for our Golden Boy. He's my 2nd most requested behind Andy now that he's back on the table.

Speaking of which, the lack of any Mario Golf gives me optimism...cautious one at that. For all we know, the announcement could come early next year but I think Nintendo would try and get it out by the holiday season. Reusing Mario Tennis Aces assets would have made that possible but no sound of that in the Direct.

I would like to think this means Camelot is finally being allowed to do Golden Sun 4 but time will tell. Let's hope the Sun will rise again.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Certainly didn't expect an announcement for more DLC before the current fighter pass was over. The timing is pretty nice with the Isaac backlash and letter campaign being recent events that occured post launch. Safe to say I'm pretty optimistic for Isaac's chances. Although I'd probably be optimistic regardless lol.
This probably wasn't intentional (or at least wasn't the main factor) but now they've at least spared Character 5 from the torrents of hate based simply on them not being someone else.

Of course eventually there will be a final character, and I just hope they're someone liked enough to not spiral out the fanbase.
But with Smash, rancour usually finds a way. :laugh:

Here's hoping for our Golden Boy. He's my 2nd most requested behind Andy now that he's back on the table.

Speaking of which, the lack of any Mario Golf gives me optimism...cautious one at that. For all we know, the announcement could come early next year but I think Nintendo would try and get it out by the holiday season. Reusing Mario Tennis Aces assets would have made that possible but no sound of that in the Direct.

I would like to think this means Camelot is finally being allowed to do Golden Sun 4 but time will tell. Let's hope the Sun will rise again.
Well it is definitely the kind of thing Nintendo wouldn't need to hold for an E3 or something, so if it is in the pipeline, seem plausible we'd be able to hear about it sooner than later.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I don't know what to say. I have not felt this since a year ago where we all were so hopeful and united into getting Isaac for Smash Bros. I cannot believe that this is real. The gang is back together again and we are going to fight more than ever for our golden boy. Fellas this Adventure has just begun. I am so READY FOR ANOTHER RIDE! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Nibroc-Rock_Isaac_(Golden_Sun)-Smash_U.png

loz18

Smash Cadet
loz18 loz18 Did you just nickname your user profile that name or are you the real loz18?
I am he.

Next DLC characters are already decided except the 5th one if I’m correct which should be finalized within the month. Next batch should aim release date of January 2020 with DLC #2 Fighter #1.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

It's nice that there has been no confirmation of a Mario Golf Switch, but it should be noted that Mario Tennis Aces was announced in January 2018 in a Mini Direct. So Mario Golf not showing up here doesn't mean it couldn't show up early next year. Holiday 2019 is already packed, and with Aces they decided that wouldn't be a holiday title, so I don't see why that would change here.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
NOW'S OUR TIME TO SHINE!

Let's go get em, full steam ahead!

Next major event, Golden Sunday 3! Mark your calendars! :estatic:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I am he.

Next DLC characters are already decided except the 5th one if I’m correct which should be finalized within the month. Next batch should aim release date of January 2020 with DLC #2 Fighter #1.
Lol! You're the real Loz18 alright. :joyful:

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I surprisingly had no issues downloading banjo-Kazooie. Didn't get booted off once.

Either I was lucky or maybe Nintendo actually braced for this **** for once.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Wow, hope is here once again! So while I was hoping that we'd see a Golden Sun remake as Nintendo's 2020 RPG, what if it's Nintendo's 2021 big RPG? Announce Isaac for Smash and a new GS at the same time, instant money! It makes too much sense guys.

But for real, I really think that the negative reaction to Isaac's Assist in particular has spurred the addition of more DLC. With Sakurai specifically saying that he wants to please fans, I just can't think of any other character that "expands the game worlds" Smash connects to like Isaac that also pleases fans. Let's assume we get another 5 fighters (although I don't think it will be that many). This would've had to have been decided around late 2018-early 2019, which happens to line up perfectly with a string of Golden Sun-related news (that being the Assist and the first Golden Sunday). Isaac was fresh in everyone's mind around that time, and combine that with the Rathalos tweet and the trademark thing (both of which must have put Isaac on Nintendo's radar, even if they were still surprised by the Assist backlash), I think we have a pretty strong case for being a Top 5 choice for a "fan-pleasing" batch of DLC. So, here's my predictions for the second wave of Smash DLC (in no particular order, although I have a couple guesses as to reveal dates):

Isaac (seems like an E3 kind of reveal, maybe as part of a two character reveal with...)
Waluigi (The two biggest fan-pleasers out there, they seem like the natural choice to start the DLC off with, maybe Waluigi could shadow drop that day to start)
Geno
Steve
Monster Hunter

I'd buy it.

My favorite place on the Internet is this board when we have hope. Well, hope is here once again and hope we can make something out of it this time!

SPEN18

Smash Champion
really surprised by the announcement of more DLC past the current pack
really wasn't expecting any more
but here we are
wow
we back

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
Welp, guess it's time to jump back on board. :D

Maybe actually play Smash Ultimate again for the first time in months. Blame Valkyria Chronicles and Fire Emblem for taking away my attention. :D

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
He's the bonus fighter. You unlock him once you reach true enlightenment.

And his stage, the Candy Shop.
What's even more hype other than the announcement of more DLC is the resurgence of 50 Cent memes.

We 2018 boyz now!

D

Deleted member

Well looks like hope is back on the menu y'all and coming with that I'd like to be on the support list please, While Geno is my number one most wanted Isaac would be incredible and he's my second most wanted. I'm still iffy on Assists being able to upgrade but on the other hand we have Chrom in Robin's FS so I guess nothing really is out of the realm of possibility huh?

This really is the wild west and I'm here for it I hope we can get that runback and make it into Smash. Geno and Isaac gang this is our time we can absolutely do this we just gotta push for not only Isaac to be playable but for the grand return of Golden Sun in either a remake/remaster of the original like the Xenoblade Chronicles 1 port or a brand new sequel.

Let's get this bread Isaac gang.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Digging the new thread title.
Thanks!

What's even more hype other than the announcement of more DLC is the resurgence of 50 Cent memes.

We 2018 boyz now!
Every time he shows up in the thread I blackout and wake up halfway through an early 00s Rap/Hip-Hop playlist. :p

Well looks like hope is back on the menu y'all and coming with that I'd like to be on the support list please
True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior graciously curates the support list, but if he doesn't find his way back here I'll take it over.

Top Bottom