• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

ZelDan

Smash Master
I sincerely hope at least one surprise announcement is a revival announcement. Ideally it would be GS remakes, but I would take F Zero, Advance Wars or Perfect Dark or whatever.
I also have been remembering, a little while ago there was this heavily rumored GS remake for 3DS, now we know 3DS has reached its end after Persona Q2, so all of the planned/ rumored things are actually Switch games. So is it finally time for a GS remake announcement for Switch?
I don't recall a 3DS GS remake ever being "heavily rumored." the most we got of that I think was John of GameXplain just kinda throwing the idea out there and spitballing over half a year ago during one of their prediction videos.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Hey guys! Sorry I have not been talkative. The last 3 days have not been kind to me so I have been on a recovery mode.

Anywho, you guys made it apparent you like my handmade Golden Sun merch Competition idea so I'm going to be buying extra fabric to make an Isaac scarf for the first contest!

But I'm also looking for ideas for other prizes so feel free to contribute! Either here or on Reddit :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/GoldenSun/comments/bxf6gm

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I keep hearing rumors about banjo and Kazooie all throughout the week. I really hope they make it in next week!

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
If we keep having dormant series brought back all the more better for us:)
This is exactly what I feel right now, if the companies specially Nintendo realise how much we want these series to come back and find it to be actually profitable, we are in a good position!

By the way guys I still have some pieces of the GS pins in case you want one! I ship internationally https://t.co/gI9VBMwv1c?amp=1

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
A big kicker this E3 is the large number of games already announced for 2019. There are a lot of games that are highly likely to make some kind of appearance during the Direct next week, leaving less space than usual for new stuff, especially if they decide to give something like Fire Emblem or Animal Crossing a big segment. It would be a real shock if there weren't at least a couple of surprising new announcements, though, so hopefully there's at least one revival. We'll see what happens.
You know a few years ago the idea of Golden Sun ever coming back seemed like a pipe dream. Now lately seems like there's been quite a few game announcements of games being rebooted, remade, etc being brought back in some fashion. Not to say there will for sure be a Golden Sun announcement at E3 lol. But it feels like we're in a time where I can start to feel confident that Golden Sun has a chance to come back.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
When I hear of Banjo & Kazooie rumors (which I'll just put out immediately, I haven't looked into, so if what I say from now on is off, that's my mistake) I just can't help but think about the Grinch leak, which also seemed to have a lot leading up to it. I wouldn't get hopes up for Banjo & Kazooie. That Dragon Quest character seems like the one that will actually happen.

Anyway, it would be fantastic if the Sun were to rise for this E3, but I'm not at all optimistic. Been through this too many times. Nintendo/Camelot may have recently been made aware of an interest in the franchise that they weren't really aware of before, but the problem is that's really recent. I'd bet that Nintendo/Camelot already had a Mario Golf planned after Mario Tennis Aces and that's probably what we'll see from Camelot next, and we'll all be disappointed once again.

Hopefully someday. It certainly wasn't expected in E3 2009 when Dark Dawn was revealed.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Seeing as our ballot brethren Banjo is looking increasingly likely. I'm choosing to remain optimistic about our chances down the road. If he makes it, it sends a statement. That fan demand DOES matter. Like many in recent months have attempted to insist. And in such case, it falls on us to keep the dream alive.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Ordered mine a few days ago, thanks again for making these!
OH my thanks to you for picking up one!

E3 is coming closer and closer and we will see if Nintendo actually learned a lesson with Smash 4s DLC cycles or not (the moment I see Byleth for example, means they didn't)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Seeing as our ballot brethren Banjo is looking increasingly likely. I'm choosing to remain optimistic about our chances down the road. If he makes it, it sends a statement. That fan demand DOES matter. Like many in recent months have attempted to insist. And in such case, it falls on us to keep the dream alive.
I'm not sure I understand how anyone could argue that fan demand doesn't matter when we got both Ridley and K. Rool.

Do you think Sakurai would have bothered going through all that difficulty to add Ridley as playable if the fans weren't crazy for him to be added to Smash?

Fan demand definitely matters but that doesn't mean every demanded character under the sun is going to get in.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Well, Xbox section just got done and the leaked FromSoftware game trailer looked awesome, even thought there was no gameplay.
Definitely my highlight by far.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Do you think Sakurai would have bothered going through all that difficulty to add Ridley as playable if the fans weren't crazy for him to be added to Smash?
Yes. He's an iconic character from a franchise that many considered to be underrepped pre-Ult. All it took was potentially one lightbulb-esque idea to get around the technical issues because other than that he had little else standing in his way. He could have made it without fan demand.

But maybe I shouldn't open that can of worms again.

K. Rool definitely had to do with fan demand, though.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
After seeing Microsoft's showing at E3, I'm now super curious how Nintendo can keep pace. In the face of a wide variety of games and next-gen tech, they need to show how Nintendo's first parties and collection of indies/ports can compete. I know we can easily be won over by a Golden Sun revival, but for the gaming community at large? I guess we'll have to wait and see what's in store.

Keanu Reeves for Smash

Last edited:

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Man I would let some puppies be to get the words Golden Sun on screen tomorrow.

Banjo, I'd be fine with, hopefully with smore Microsoft announcements/partnership. I know a lot of people would be excited, but I never loved those games.

Erdrick... man I'm not going to lie that would be disappointing. Why pay Square for a series half the world doesn't care about when you could just build your own JRPG brand and satisfy your fans instead? Unless they had to take Erdrick to get Cloud back, which kind of seems like something Squenix would do, and we know Cloud was a struggle to get the rights for and almost didn't happen. Also, work with 2 songs from an old stingy racist or have Motoi Sakuraba do even more for Smash with his own compositions? Cmon now.

I'm very much hoping there's something more weird than just those two going on tomorrow because if that's it, my hype is at an all-time low. See me for GS4, leaks for Banjo/Erdrick being wrong, more than 2 fighters announced and a season 2 of Smash Ultimate DLC announced.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Good luck for the direct guys. Not expecting anything for Golden Sun but I guess you never really know what'll go down.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
No GS, but also no golf or anything Camelot to my knowledge. I'll take it, given how loaded 2019 is already and how wide-open 2020 remains.

Also, congrats to the Banjo fans

Last edited:

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Well we got Erdrick with 3 alts and Banjo.
None of them are that interesting to me but I guess this was expected.

No news on GS makes me kinda sad.
Hopefully next year.
Again :[

Last edited:

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Didn’t expect anything Golden Sun to be ready yet if it’s actually happening, so not seeing anything else from Camelot is good news.

Oh, and now one of the only characters with the popularity to outstrip Isaac is in. And he’s from a dormant franchise, at that.

I see this as an absolute win.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Very excited for Banjo-Kazooie, and if we had to get Dragon Quest, having eight different protagonists sharing a single character slot/moveset is absolutely the way to do it. That plus no announced game from Camelot yet is about as good a slate of news as I could realistically expect, so even if the Direct didn't exactly blow me away, I'm definitely happy with what we got.

My other big takeaway from this? In the dream scenario that we do get Golden Sun DLC, The Hero shows we could easily get Isaac with Felix and Matthew alternates, and even potentially the protagonist of the fourth Golden Sun should that prove to exist. I'm still considering that possibility a longshot at best for now, but I'm nevertheless very happy with this direction for Smash newcomer implementation.

Also yet another year without F-Zero, RIP

Last edited:

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
We lose if we give up. Banjobros never gave up. Only we can make the impossible possible now.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
We lose if we give up. Banjobros never gave up. Only we can make the impossible possible now.
Definitely. The only way hope is really lost is if we give up.

Characters like Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie getting in are absolutely giving me every reason in the world to keep supporting Isaac and Golden Sun.

We don't know what will happen if we keep supporting Isaac but we know what will happen if we give up.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You guys realize we're now one of the two top dogs of Smash speculation? Geno and Isaac are Ridley and K. Rool. We oughta be mighty proud of that.

If there's a second Fighter Pass, I'd say we're basically confirmed. Never lose hope.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
You guys realize we're now one of the two top dogs of Smash speculation? Geno and Isaac are Ridley and K. Rool. We oughta be mighty proud of that.

If there's a second Fighter Pass, I'd say we're basically confirmed. Never lose hope.
I haven't been completely on top of Smash speculation the last few months so I haven't really been sure whether this was the case. If it is that's very good news indeed.

By the way, do we have any idea when the next Golden Sunday will be? I want to participate more actively in the next one.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman

Waluigi fits Ridley better due to being controversial in my opinion.

Other than that, I got a Twitter now, so if you guys have plans for Isaac, even if I doubt his chances, count me in.

SHINE BRIGHT, MY BRETHREN!

ZelDan

Smash Master

Other than that, I got a Twitter now, so if you guys have plans for Isaac, even if I doubt his chances, count me in.

Ridley and Waluigi are also both purple and lanky.

I don't think Waluigi ever murdered anybody's parents though.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

Thank you for your support!

If you asked people a few years ago if Banjo Kazooie were ever going to get in Smash, you would absolutely have been laughed at. Same goes for Ridley and King K. Rool. Really there are a lot of Smash characters that fall into this category, the roster is full of doubted characters.

I don't know if Isaac will ever get in, but I strongly believe he has the ability to get in. Sakurai is clearly aware of the support. Especially if we keep showing our love for Isaac and Golden Sun.

As long as we keep our hope alive and keep on supporting Isaac and Golden Sun I believe good things can happen.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Alright I confess that I forgot about Waluigi. We're still pretty big though.
Ridley and Waluigi are also both purple and lanky.

I don't think Waluigi ever murdered anybody's parents though.
I wouldn't be so sure about that tbh.

andree123

Smash Ace
No announcement on a game made by Camelot in the E3 2019 Direct, maybe Camelot might be saving a new Golden Sun game for 2020 just for the Fighters pass season 2?

Top Bottom