• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

D

Deleted member

IIRC there is still a way to enter in the password to transfer data from GS1 even after you start GS2. You just have to be early enough in the story.
Exactly, yeah, I actually just decided to do it yesterday and I was happy I didn't have to restart it lol.

And I took the other path from Dehkan Plateau and obtained the Lash ability. Imagine if I continued throughout the game without it :laugh:

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys just wanted to drop some of my recent fan art on this thread. Since we are campaigning hard for Golden Sun to return, I made this art piece to give some exposure to not just Golden Sun, but other Nintendo Franchises I hope we get to see return in the near future as well. If anything I am crossing my fingers for a nice suprise to come for us at E3 this year. View attachment 218205
This is dope, man.

Also I just got GS1 in the post.
No one man should have all this power

Now I just gotta get DD back from my cousin and my collection will complete.

Last edited:

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys,

Do you know that there is a lot of gamers who'd want a Golden Sun remake ?

I was lurking on Reddit when I came across this Question.

"Which game do you, gamers of Reddit would want remastered ?"
I was surprised when I saw Golden Sun with nearly 2k upvotes, and one of the most upvoted one.

Do you thing we could do something and show that to Nintendo ?

Just a Golden Sun 1&2 remake would be so cool. Please Nintendo !

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Hey guys just wanted to drop some of my recent fan art on this thread. Since we are campaigning hard for Golden Sun to return, I made this art piece to give some exposure to not just Golden Sun, but other Nintendo Franchises I hope we get to see return in the near future as well. If anything I am crossing my fingers for a nice suprise to come for us at E3 this year. View attachment 218205
Love it man, gave it an RT
Hey guys,

Do you know that there is a lot of gamers who'd want a Golden Sun remake ?

I was lurking on Reddit when I came across this Question.

"Which game do you, gamers of Reddit would want remastered ?"
I was surprised when I saw Golden Sun with nearly 2k upvotes, and one of the most upvoted one.

Do you thing we could do something and show that to Nintendo ?

Just a Golden Sun 1&2 remake would be so cool. Please Nintendo !
Yep there is a lot of Golden Sun fans who are usually silent but do come out when the time arises. Part of the reason I made the account was to gather different fans so we could be a more vocal force in the Nintendo fandom

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Love it man, gave it an RT

Yep there is a lot of Golden Sun fans who are usually silent but do come out when the time arises. Part of the reason I made the account was to gather different fans so we could be a more vocal force in the Nintendo fandom
I know I became more vocal when that November burn happened. I was sick of just being quiet about it. Golden Sun needs to come back

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I keep wondering if Sakurai could really suprise us with bringing in Mike from StarTropics in DLC some way. I can say for everyone that we would not expect that in the slightest.
mike jones forgotten four.jpg

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wow, Andy's one really stings. :( Here's hoping that's rectified in the not too distant future.

And man look at Isaac willing to stoop as low to being relegated to Mario Sports. This guy really hit Rock Bottom (and that's not a Psynergy unfortunately). Looks like the memes with him and Waluigi weren't too far off the mark.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I know we joke about it, but I would actually love it if Isaac joined Mario Sports titles, kinda like how Link/Villager/Isabelle/Inkling are in Mario Kart. Now, a full blown revival of Golden Sun would have to precede it, but I think it'd be cool if that eventually happened.

On another note, my DS Lite came and I've started the first Golden Sun once again! I'd gotten about halfway through it on an emulator, so it'll take a while to get back to where I was. I also have a newfound respect for the GBA's sound font (though that might be Sakuraba's incredible work).

D

Deleted member

Man the game is so much fun. It gets better and better. And I really like the music and story and gameplay.

Funny stuff happens in the game too lol. I don't want to miss anything, so, at the entrance to Yampi desert, I went the other path just to make sure that I didn't miss anything and then end up circling the entire area around to the other side of the desert.

But yeah I love the game.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I know we joke about it, but I would actually love it if Isaac joined Mario Sports titles, kinda like how Link/Villager/Isabelle/Inkling are in Mario Kart. Now, a full blown revival of Golden Sun would have to precede it, but I think it'd be cool if that eventually happened.

On another note, my DS Lite came and I've started the first Golden Sun once again! I'd gotten about halfway through it on an emulator, so it'll take a while to get back to where I was. I also have a newfound respect for the GBA's sound font (though that might be Sakuraba's incredible work).
Yeah if Square Enix is allowed to have their characters in their Mario Sports games it's only fair if Camelot gets that same opportunity

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah if Square Enix is allowed to have their characters in their Mario Sports games it's only fair if Camelot gets that same opportunity
Square-Enix also fully developed the games in question(it's kind of like Super Mario RPG. If I remember the details right, it was more of a FF game with Mario guests in Japan?), so it was more their choice of who to add(besides the fact they fully own the FF characters, anyway. Camelot doesn't own any characters as Nintendo holds the ownership). Camelot has to follow Nintendo's whims entirely last I checked, so it's a different situation.

Not that I wouldn't love the Golden Sun cast in the Mario Sports titles.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Square-Enix also fully developed the games in question(it's kind of like Super Mario RPG. If I remember the details right, it was more of a FF game with Mario guests in Japan?), so it was more their choice of who to add(besides the fact they fully own the FF characters, anyway. Camelot doesn't own any characters as Nintendo holds the ownership). Camelot has to follow Nintendo's whims entirely last I checked, so it's a different situation.

Not that I wouldn't love the Golden Sun cast in the Mario Sports titles.
Well with the Game Boy (and I think the GBA) Tennis games, Camelot had OCs, so I don't see why Isaac wouldn't be allowed, though you're probably right that Nintendo has a lot of control with the roster. I think they'd allow a cameo if Golden Sun gets revived, though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well with the Game Boy (and I think the GBA) Tennis games, Camelot had OCs, so I don't see why Isaac wouldn't be allowed, though you're probably right that Nintendo has a lot of control with the roster. I think they'd allow a cameo if Golden Sun gets revived, though.
The games also had a more rpg setting, so it was probably "allowed" to improve the experience(it's in fact a necessity to make the story mode work right). Isaac isn't in the same situation, nor literally made for the sports games. Whatever the reason, he's still from a different series, one that is in hiatus(which is probably the reason). It's also possible they literally never thought to ask. Who knows.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
The games also had a more rpg setting, so it was probably "allowed" to improve the experience(it's in fact a necessity to make the story mode work right). Isaac isn't in the same situation, nor literally made for the sports games. Whatever the reason, he's still from a different series, one that is in hiatus(which is probably the reason). It's also possible they literally never thought to ask. Who knows.
That's very much true. I don't think Isaac will ever join the Mario Sports roster until GS is brought back anyway, so we'll have to focus on achieving a revival first.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's very much true. I don't think Isaac will ever join the Mario Sports roster until GS is brought back anyway, so we'll have to focus on achieving a revival first.
It's also possible there's been no visible demand till lately, so no reason to think of it either. Maybe it could happen.

I mean, it's happened with Sega's All-Star Racing games, so who knows.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
For the past 6 months all we had was Joker and some SE leaks.

That it’s.
Pretty much this. Even in the Nintendo groups Smash has been silent. I mean we play Smash and talk about it but speculation for any character has worn out. It's been almost a month since Joker too.

In fact, Nintendo speculation has been very quiet too. I rarely see anything to talk about right now. I think it's the lack of Directs for a long time. I think this is the longest gap between Directs???

I think E3 will give the Smash speculation the shot in the arm. As well as all speculation. I am counting down the days.

In the mean time, I have been heavily working on the Isaac cosplay. In fact, I've started painting it to fantastic results so far!

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I've barely touched my Switch in general of late as it feels like we're in the middle of a dry spell. Joker launch was fun, but beyond that the only remotely exciting releases personally were the Final Fantasy ports. Still, E3 ought to be great: even ignoring potential surprises, we've got new Pokemon, new Animal Crossing, Three Houses, Link's Awakening, and Smash DLC, and that's just first party!

ZelDan

Smash Master
Thank god E3 is about a month away. Really hope we get some great news and the Smash speculation scene will hopefully get revitalized.

IF there really is a SE DLC character, hopefully it gets announced at E3 so we can finally have that stuff settled for good.

D

Deleted member

I've barely touched my Switch in general of late as it feels like we're in the middle of a dry spell. Joker launch was fun, but beyond that the only remotely exciting releases personally were the Final Fantasy ports. Still, E3 ought to be great: even ignoring potential surprises, we've got new Pokemon, new Animal Crossing, Three Houses, Link's Awakening, and Smash DLC, and that's just first party!
Pretty much my stance too lol. It may have something to do with me being a Nintendo RPG addict (mostly with my favorite series ever, the Mother series, and my two favorite games/series after that being Super Mario RPG and now the Golden Sun series), but there just aren't a lot of games on the Switch right now that interest me (only one being the Loz:LA remake). Hopefully E3 will change that.

Aside from that, though, Piers has joined my party in my TLA playthrough! Since he has the frost ability, I gotta circle aaaaaalllllllll the way back around to the cave to the left of Daila where I first saw a puddle where it can be used.

(And the Pixies and Doomsayers are ticking time bombs. Even with other enemies I find myself using the djinn (I keep forgetting how to spell this) pretty much all the time. But they are really useful.)

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
My Switch has mainly been me playing Tales of Vesperia for the past few months, haven't really touched Smash outside of the initial launch hype month or so. Joker's reveal made me jump on for a day to test him out but his reveal didn't do much for me. Can't say there will actually be a character that would interest me at all in this Fighter's pass, although I've warmed up to the idea of a Dragon Quest rep after catching 7 and 8 on sale a good while back.

Speaking of speculation, I feel like the train would get rolling again if Nintendo were to announce a Fighter's Pass 2, especially if the theory is the first pass is Nintendo's picks while the second would be fan favorites, back to jumping on the hype of Isaac having another shot again. Those times were fun.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Speaking of speculation, I feel like the train would get rolling again if Nintendo were to announce a Fighter's Pass 2, especially if the theory is the first pass is Nintendo's picks while the second would be fan favorites, back to jumping on the hype of Isaac having another shot again. Those times were fun.
How about we actually see who DLC character 2 is before we jump to that?

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Mark my words, we won't need a second Fighter Pass for Isaac. I have no proof for this, but it's such a strong gut feeling I can't ignore it. That said, if that doesn't come to pass, a second Fighter Pass would be amazing for our odds.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Mark my words, we won't need a second Fighter Pass for Isaac. I have no proof for this, but it's such a strong gut feeling I can't ignore it. That said, if that doesn't come to pass, a second Fighter Pass would be amazing for our odds.
Unless Nintendo really is dumb, I think Isaac is inevitable at this point. And when I mean dumb, I mean completely ignoring the sheer masses, negative reception and generally plugging their ears.

As long as we keep campaigning hard any chance we get, Nintendo is going to notice. It's already starting to impact the general public too. Since our efforts, Golden Sun has become a lot more known.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Unless Nintendo really is dumb, I think Isaac is inevitable at this point. And when I mean dumb, I mean completely ignoring the sheer masses, negative reception and generally plugging their ears.
It took a week before Sakurai announced the DLC characters were finalized. Which I think is enough time to consider that there was AT backlash from two Directs.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

As long as we keep campaigning hard any chance we get, Nintendo is going to notice. It's already starting to impact the general public too. Since our efforts, Golden Sun has become a lot more known.
I agree. I'm just afraid that we'll have been too late for the Fighters Pass and Nintendo isn't willing to do a second wave, for whatever reason. I just look forward to the moment when it all comes together.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I admire the optimism for Isaac, and I certainly agree he's in a much better position than he was, but I think anyone expecting Isaac in the current Fighters Pass is just setting themselves up for disappointment. We know that list was finalized pre-launch (see the Rex Mii costume), and I just can't believe they would have developed the Isaac AT or Mii costume if he was on the radar for DLC. Further, given E3 is less than a month away and they still haven't revealed the second Pass character, it seems awfully unlikely we'd get an extra character DLC announced at the show, nevermind a full second Fighters Pass.

Of course I'd very much like to believe their DLC plans will end up being extended, and that Isaac will be a part of those plans. With any luck I'll be wrong and we'll get a major announcement at E3 beyond the scope of the Fighters Pass, which would certainly help explain why the DLC is taking so long. I'd just caution against assuming Isaac is inevitable, because I remember most of us thinking that in the months prior to Ultimate's release, and we all know how that turned out.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We know that list was finalized pre-launch
Yes, it was. It wasn't officially announced until almost a week after the November 1 Direct, however. But I do agree Rex is SOL for this pass just so the costume included isn't redundant.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
How about we actually see who DLC character 2 is before we jump to that?
I kind of already been on the fighter pass 2 train long before any character reveal. Nintendo was shocked by the backlash of Isaac's assist so if a hypothetical fighter's pass 2 was announced, I'd feel that would help Isaac's chances somewhat. Seems like hoping for more DLC where the Isaac assist backlash is fresh in Nintendo's mind seems better than waiting for a new Smash and crossing my fingers that Nintendo remembers this incident.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It really speaks to how low expectations are for the Fighter Pass that people are already hoping for - and discussing - a hypothetical second one.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Seems kinda slow in here nowadays huh?
E3 will be here before we know it... that should bring renewed activity.

Mark my words, we won't need a second Fighter Pass for Isaac. I have no proof for this, but it's such a strong gut feeling I can't ignore it.
That might just be indigestion.

It took a week before Sakurai announced the DLC characters were finalized. Which I think is enough time to consider that there was AT backlash from two Directs.
It's enough time to register the backlash, but to act on it and finalize a character due to it within the span of a week is unrealistic. Implying character selection moves at that pace is a bit of an oversight towards the volume of moving parts, and the presumable due diligence Sakurai employs when considering candidates. Development isn't conducive to snap decisions.

Plus people correlating the announcement that the DLC was chosen with the conclusion of the selection process is a bit faulty. The announcement was a reaction to the inundation of requests, it doesn't necessarily correspond to the timeframe behind the scenes.

I admire the optimism for Isaac, and I certainly agree he's in a much better position than he was, but I think anyone expecting Isaac in the current Fighters Pass is just setting themselves up for disappointment. We know that list was finalized pre-launch (see the Rex Mii costume), and I just can't believe they would have developed the Isaac AT or Mii costume if he was on the radar for DLC. Further, given E3 is less than a month away and they still haven't revealed the second Pass character, it seems awfully unlikely we'd get an extra character DLC announced at the show, nevermind a full second Fighters Pass.
^

It's nice to think nice thoughts, I'd love Isaac to show up asap, but some of these theories venture a little past realism.

It really speaks to how low expectations are for the Fighter Pass that people are already hoping for - and discussing - a hypothetical second one.
I think it's mostly just supporters of characters who don't foresee inclusion in the first pass, i.e. characters with existing in-game representation. The support bases for characters considered to stand a chance for the pass are living very much in the moment.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think it's mostly just supporters of characters who don't foresee inclusion in the first pass, i.e. characters with existing in-game representation.
In my experience even fans of characters not in the game are putting their hopes on a second pass, 4 characters isn't a lot.

But still, a lot of characters are represented in-game. People who are Nintendo fans don't expect to get their characters for DLC. If you ask me, that's nuts.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Of course I'd very much like to believe their DLC plans will end up being extended, and that Isaac will be a part of those plans. With any luck I'll be wrong and we'll get a major announcement at E3 beyond the scope of the Fighters Pass, which would certainly help explain why the DLC is taking so long. I'd just caution against assuming Isaac is inevitable, because I remember most of us thinking that in the months prior to Ultimate's release, and we all know how that turned out.
Costume I doubt would make a difference. It's just a small thing. Rex is one thing, because it's literally part of the fighter's pass. But the Isaac costume is something that was likely decided far more early on. The Assist Trophy is a different beast and generally for characters who weren't chosen to be playable. Retaining his previous role speaks more of the idea that he is meant for this role at this time. It's not impossible, obviously, but it likely hurts more than a Mii costume.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
In my experience even fans of characters not in the game are putting their hopes on a second pass, 4 characters isn't a lot.

But still, a lot of characters are represented in-game. People who are Nintendo fans don't expect to get their characters for DLC. If you ask me, that's nuts.
My stance for DLC has shifted a bit. Pre Ultimate launch, I was firmly on the train of not wanting Isaac as an assist because I figured it'd mean his chances of DLC would be pretty much zero. The reason I felt Isaac had a good chance for DLC was the fact that I was of the mind that DLC would be a way for Sakurai to implement more of the ballot choices that couldn't make launch with Ultimate's main focus being, 'Everyone is Here!'.

Then when the assist montage came and I saw Isaac return as an assist along with characters like Spring Man and even Rex managing to get in as a Mii costume it felt like this was Sakurai's way of trying to represent all the characters that he could in some fashion. So when the DLC announcement came at the end of said direct, my hopes for characters I also wanted like Dixie Kong and Elma didn't rise because they avoided the 'assist massacre' I was moreso thinking maybe they just won't be anything lol.

Of course we later learn that Nintendo picked the DLC, even more reason for me to not even want to bother thinking that Dixie or Elma has a chance simply cause they aren't assists, not when Joker is the standard (and a Square Enix is still confirmed to be a thing right? So that's another non Nintendo slot and even then I feel like said Nintendo slot would go to a Fire Emblem or Pokemon rep, or even some new Nintendo IP).

Not trying to knock the current Fighter Pass though obviously, I expect all the characters that Nintendo picked to be hype and bring new movesets to Smash and I'm going to buy them all regardless. I just expect a hypothetical Fighter Pass 2 to be more realistic if I wanted to have hope for fan favorites. Maybe Nintendo will make the second Fighter Pass characters that's voted in by fans, haha yeah it's a pipe dream I know lol.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
My stance for DLC has shifted a bit. Pre Ultimate launch, I was firmly on the train of not wanting Isaac as an assist because I figured it'd mean his chances of DLC would be pretty much zero. The reason I felt Isaac had a good chance for DLC was the fact that I was of the mind that DLC would be a way for Sakurai to implement more of the ballot choices that couldn't make launch with Ultimate's main focus being, 'Everyone is Here!'.

Then when the assist montage came and I saw Isaac return as an assist along with characters like Spring Man and even Rex managing to get in as a Mii costume it felt like this was Sakurai's way of trying to represent all the characters that he could in some fashion. So when the DLC announcement came at the end of said direct, my hopes for characters I also wanted like Dixie Kong and Elma didn't rise because they avoided the 'assist massacre' I was moreso thinking maybe they just won't be anything lol.

Of course we later learn that Nintendo picked the DLC, even more reason for me to not even want to bother thinking that Dixie or Elma has a chance simply cause they aren't assists, not when Joker is the standard (and a Square Enix is still confirmed to be a thing right? So that's another non Nintendo slot and even then I feel like said Nintendo slot would go to a Fire Emblem or Pokemon rep, or even some new Nintendo IP).

Not trying to knock the current Fighter Pass though obviously, I expect all the characters that Nintendo picked to be hype and bring new movesets to Smash and I'm going to buy them all regardless. I just expect a hypothetical Fighter Pass 2 to be more realistic if I wanted to have hope for fan favorites. Maybe Nintendo will make the second Fighter Pass characters that's voted in by fans, haha yeah it's a pipe dream I know lol.
I'd think that a prospective second Fighter Pass would have to be affected by fan opinion, since Nintendo would've seen the negative reaction to Isaac. I think that if Nintendo pushes for another Pass (even if it's only 3 instead of 5 fighters), Isaac is the most likely, simply because of the fan outcry against his Assist. That'd be fresh on Nintendo's mind, and we know that Sakurai tries to please fans best he can.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Square-Enix having a character is in no way confirmed. It has a fair chance of happening, but considering the leaks were an extremely long time ago and nothing has shown up, it looks less likely each day. We are very clueless right now on what their plans are.

Top Bottom