• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Tetiro

Smash Ace
pretty cool how this place still has posts
We're still going strong! And Twitter is more lively than ever!

I've been off the grid a little as I am prioritizing the Isaac wig. I only have at least 7 spikes to go! It is looking so good! For my first ever foam wig, I am seriously proud of myself. It is going to look swell with the rest of the cosplay!

I'll post a picture of the complete unpainted wig when it is done

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I wish my school life isn't so painfully, because I really want to be able to visit here more often. It is great to still see people here for Isaac.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
A word of engouragement from the Lloyd gang, your character might be out of the competition but the Golden sun games will forever be classics, playable Isaac or not.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Oh Earth Adepts I need your help if you have twitter. Long story short, not only is Isaac going to be at MCM London, he's taking part in the Cosplay Masquerade! The biggest (I think) masquerade in the UK!

I need to decide to on the track to walk on stage to. I have got it down to the four finalists. I just need help deciding via a poll :)

_Sheik

Smash Lord
A word of engouragement from the Lloyd gang, your character might be out of the competition but the Golden sun games will forever be classics, playable Isaac or not.
Thanks. I was one of the most passionate Lloyd supporters back in the days but Pac-Man's inclusion soured me on the whole thing and I never looked back. He would definitely lift my spirits now after the Isaac letdown, if he miraculously gets in the Fighter's pass.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The stage builder is fine but i feel like it lacks stuff like actual items to place around. (also a mirror/copy-paste)
I feel like Djinn were an incredible icon that could have existed (not in stage builder, just in Smash overall).
Perhaps they would take a lot of work, but they are a heap of fun.
Basic of each element could do one stat change to user (heal, attack, defense, or speed)
Second of each element could do a big elemental attack.
Third of each element would summon a creature.

Djinn would always come in threes- if one comes down, you will get two more eventually, but unlike other collectible items, you don't need them all to use the item, you just need them all to get the highest stage item.
They could not be hit out of people, by extension.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
GDQ is finishing up a TLA speedrun right now. I found out about 4.5 hours in (during Magma Rock) and I'm just impressed by how well they can break the game.

D

Deleted member

Less than a week 'till I play TLA and I'm excited.

And I really like the idea of a Golden Sun remake/new game. It would be awesome with improved graphics and sound quality.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
GDQ is finishing up a TLA speedrun right now. I found out about 4.5 hours in (during Magma Rock) and I'm just impressed by how well they can break the game.
I am planning to put this on over the weekend to watch as I work on my wig. It sounds like I am in for a treat!

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I’m just hanging tight for E3. I really hope Camelot gets a golden sun reveal!
I feel like it may still be too early, even if new/reboot Golden Sun is actually in the cards. That being said, if they want to do a teaser trailer or something, E3 would certainly be the time to do it.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I've been inactive on Smashboards because Smash speculation has become so bleh. The wait for the 2nd DLC character has been agonizing, and me not personally giving a **** about Joker and Persona 5 doesn't help (maybe if Atlus ported the actual Persona 5 to the Switch and not some dumb Musuo game, i could give a crap, but alas...)

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I feel like it may still be too early, even if new/reboot Golden Sun is actually in the cards. That being said, if they want to do a teaser trailer or something, E3 would certainly be the time to do it.
I'm on the same page, I was thinking of at least giving it till next E3 to expect something, of course even THAT may be expecting too much. At the very least as mentioned there could be some form of teaser, even if it's just the words Golden Sun in boring prototype font. It wouldn't really be something new for a game to get teased and not have much of anything to show for a long while. Not to mention those mere words would awaken the speculation giant in Golden Sun fans the world over.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I haven't been on this thread for so long, it honestly saddens me that I rarely check up here.
Since the whole reason I joined Smashboards was to Support Isaac for Smash and new Golden Sun content.
I honestly I hope we get something about GS at E3 from Nintendo.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
...... Hyah! :smash: You have been assassinated by a ninja class adept. I have been stalking the page without talking for awhile. Lol

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
There was a person here who got Camelot's official contact info a while ago, right? An e-mail or something?

Have people tried contacting them through that?
This is way late, but I was that person. I never got a response, though...

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
This is way late, but I was that person. I never got a response, though...
I feel like Nintendo's been the main recipient when it comes to requesting for Golden Sun to return and some also feel that Nintendo is the reason it's not returning on top of that. Though Nintendo has a customer service branch or what have you that responds to fans so you can be a single fan asking for Golden Sun and you'd get a response. Camelot on the other hand, not sure if they operate in the same fashion but I'm sure they'd have a reaction to a bunch of emails talking about Golden Sun out of the blue lol.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Hey all I finally finished the last spike on my Isaac wig! MCM Comic Con can't come sooner for me!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

All that's left is to refinement, durability, improve the sealing and paint! Most of those I can do today :D

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey all I finally finished the last spike on my Isaac wig! MCM Comic Con can't come sooner for me!

All that's left is to refinement, durability, improve the sealing and paint! Most of those I can do today :D
That looks really good! I imagine anime hair like that must be hard to get right in 3D, so congratulations are in order.

D

Deleted member

Alright. Today is the day.

To start my GS:TLA playthrough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
There's a new poll up for Smash fighters and the creator of the poll was nice enough to allow assist trophy submissions unlike the other poll so feel free to vote if you're interested

D

Deleted member

I have one question. How do you transfer data from Golden Sun to TLA? I just decided to skip it for my first playthrough, but I'd like to know if I want to play the games again in the future.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I have one question. How do you transfer data from Golden Sun to TLA? I just decided to skip it for my first playthrough, but I'd like to know if I want to play the games again in the future.
Either by link cable or the dreaded password system.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I ordered a DS Lite a couple days ago to play all three games on one system, can't wait to play these fantastic games officially.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Yep, I started my TLA playthrough on the Wii U a couple weeks ago. I was finding playing Golden Sun on the Wii U a great experience since the restore point feature makes it easy to see the different reactions to all of the dialogue options (making Isaac/Felix either a jerk or an idiot can be pretty hilarious, even if it doesn't affect anything).

... Then it occurred to me that my link cable was going to be useless when it came time to transfer data. Painful as it was, I thankfully got the password correct on the first try :p

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Well, I 100%'d Sekiro today. Anyone play it?

Also managed to find a copy of the first GS boxed, so I'm really happy about that. Now I just need to buy myself a DS Lite as well (and for my cousin to return my copy of DD) and I'll be ready to go through all three games.

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
Since Issac is a trophy, I would not mind someone like Ivan, Felex or even Garet or Jenna.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I've been finding Ni-oh to be a bit much at times for my tastes. I don't even think I want to try out Sekiro.

EDIT: Isn't the some of the optional stuff impossible to reach unless you do a linked up game for The Lost Age? Or atleast the final optional dungeon? I think recall you needing every djinn between the first and second Golden Sun game. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Might be relevant to Zack E.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I've been finding Ni-oh to be a bit much at times for my tastes. I don't even think I want to try out Sekiro.

EDIT: Isn't the some of the optional stuff impossible to reach unless you do a linked up game for The Lost Age? Or atleast the final optional dungeon? I think recall you needing every djinn between the first and second Golden Sun game. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Might be relevant to Zack E.
It's true. Don't play both games and transfer you can't do the extra dungeon.

D

Deleted member

Ah, darn lol. I wish I knew before starting it.

But I'll either restart this first playthrough or just do it the next time I play it.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

But I'll either restart this first playthrough or just do it the next time I play it.
If you're using emulator you can replicate the link cable functionality. If you're using Wii U or GBA good luck.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you're using emulator you can replicate the link cable functionality. If you're using Wii U or GBA good luck.
Yeah, I'm using the WiiU. And I looked up the password system and it looks like fun.

But in all seriousness, I'm loving TLA so far. I keep getting lost lol, especially on the overworld map. I went to Dehkan Plateau first after Daila, but I'm not sure if I was supposed to go the other way....

But yeah, y'all weren't kidding when you said there's a lot to explore and that it's easy to get lost.

Edit: Okay I did it. And I didn't even have to restart my playthrough to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
That looks really good! I imagine anime hair like that must be hard to get right in 3D, so congratulations are in order.
Thank you so much! I am very proud of my wig as it is my first stab at making one. Right now the wig is with the family for spray-painting as I can't do it at my flat. But I hope to have it back ASAP for painting

For now, I am doing pockets! (I have no pockets for my phone, money etc. Whoops! XD) So I am going to be attaching pockets inside the gloves and on the inside of the belt. To keep the awesome look of the cosplay intact

I have also last night finished the first secret prop for the cosplay. Another stab into new territory.

Finally if I get time, I'm going to redo the boot covers as I know I can do them better. But that's optional.

Also Dark Dawn is actually pretty good! The world is so much more detailed than the other games. Story took a hit but so far I am impressed!

SPEN18

Smash Lord

IIRC there is still a way to enter in the password to transfer data from GS1 even after you start GS2. You just have to be early enough in the story.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey guys just wanted to drop some of my recent fan art on this thread. Since we are campaigning hard for Golden Sun to return, I made this art piece to give some exposure to not just Golden Sun, but other Nintendo Franchises I hope we get to see return in the near future as well. If anything I am crossing my fingers for a nice suprise to come for us at E3 this year.
The Forgotten Four.jpg

Top Bottom