• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I fibbed; ATs actually don't transform when Mr. G&W uses his hold. Don't know where I came up with that. My eyes might need to be checked because it's such an egregious mistake. It's strange that they use the icons for the actual fighters but the general "launch" poses for the ATs for this hold.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Welp I did it! I have purchased a lot of blue and yellow cotton jersey fabric. I'll pick up the suede/leather in a month or two when the costume is nearing that time.

My first big project on the sewing machine will be Isaac so I can campaign for him during MCM May. The biggest comic convention in the UK. Wish me luck with the project fellas!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Man, it's been a while since I popped into this thread.

One thing I discovered playing Ultimate is that the Isaac (Dark Dawn) spirit is one of the most powerful Legend Rank Spirits.

Let me explain...

At Level 99, Isaac has a Team Power of 11,672, which can be increased to 15,535 with three Legend Rank Support Spirits (the biggest numerical boost you can give; two and three slot Supporters, and those of a lower rank, give less Team Power).

Naturally, there are other nominally more powerful Spirits, but many of them have two or fewer slots. This limits their maximum power, unless they get boosted further by pairing them with a Fighter from the same series. Some of them, like Akuma, Galeem and Darkhon, are very powerful, but don't have any slots at all, which hinders their max power somewhat (and even then, Galeem and Darkhon have Abilities which are only useful in the Adventure Mode). Akuma has 13.235 Team Power, which is increased to 14,558 when paired with Ryu or Ken.

My most powerful Spirit of the same type as Isaac, Big Boss, has two slots, and has 12,727 Team Power at Level 99.

Big Boss' Team Power increases to 13,999 when paired with Snake without Support, 15,399 with Two Legend-Rank Support Spirits and not paired with Snake and 16,939 when paired with Snake with all Support Slots filled.

As you can see, Isaac is more powerful than Big Boss in some cases; for the record, Isaac's Team Power would be 12839-17088 if he could be paired with himself (or Matthew, I guess).

Out of the Legend-Rank Spirits that I have gotten to Level 99, there's only one character with more potential, and that's Soma Cruz, an Enhanced form of Dracula (obtained by beating Dracula in Adventure Mode, which appears to be the only way you can get him, one per Adventure Mode playthrough); Soma Cruz reaches 17,728 Team Power under the right conditions (Level 99, all slots filled with Legend Rank Spirits and paired with Simon or Richter).

Give it up for our Golden Boy being super strong (and having an Ability which might make him useful against Galeem and Darkhon).

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Man, it's been a while since I popped into this thread.

One thing I discovered playing Ultimate is that the Isaac (Dark Dawn) spirit is one of the most powerful Legend Rank Spirits.

Let me explain...

At Level 99, Isaac has a Team Power of 11,672, which can be increased to 15,535 with three Legend Rank Support Spirits (the biggest numerical boost you can give; two and three slot Supporters, and those of a lower rank, give less Team Power).

Naturally, there are other nominally more powerful Spirits, but many of them have two or fewer slots. This limits their maximum power, unless they get boosted further by pairing them with a Fighter from the same series. Some of them, like Akuma, Galeem and Darkhon, are very powerful, but don't have any slots at all, which hinders their max power somewhat (and even then, Galeem and Darkhon have Abilities which are only useful in the Adventure Mode). Akuma has 13.235 Team Power, which is increased to 14,558 when paired with Ryu or Ken.

My most powerful Spirit of the same type as Isaac, Big Boss, has two slots, and has 12,727 Team Power at Level 99.

Big Boss' Team Power increases to 13,999 when paired with Snake without Support, 15,399 with Two Legend-Rank Support Spirits and not paired with Snake and 16,939 when paired with Snake with all Support Slots filled.

As you can see, Isaac is more powerful than Big Boss in some cases; for the record, Isaac's Team Power would be 12839-17088 if he could be paired with himself (or Matthew, I guess).

Out of the Legend-Rank Spirits that I have gotten to Level 99, there's only one character with more potential, and that's Soma Cruz, an Enhanced form of Dracula (obtained by beating Dracula in Adventure Mode, which appears to be the only way you can get him, one per Adventure Mode playthrough); Soma Cruz reaches 17,728 Team Power under the right conditions (Level 99, all slots filled with Legend Rank Spirits and paired with Simon or Richter).

Give it up for our Golden Boy being super strong (and having an Ability which might make him useful against Galeem and Darkhon).
In conclusion, Isaac is going to be used a lot....good! More exposure of Golden Sun the better.

Seriously though, this is some good stuff right here.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I fibbed; ATs actually don't transform when Mr. G&W uses his hold. Don't know where I came up with that. My eyes might need to be checked because it's such an egregious mistake. It's strange that they use the icons for the actual fighters but the general "launch" poses for the ATs for this hold.
There's no mistake, they just didn't made icons for a lot of characters just because one character's throw animation.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
This year was officially more disappointing than the time I got kicked in the balls.

Thanks 2018.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Never thought I'd see Isaac mentioned in the same sentence as Big Boss but here we are. Ultimate is wild.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Just wanted to share this guys. I officially am going to be known as the smasher Isaac in the tourney community and I am ready to take my skills to the top. Wish me luck as I improve as a player.
B59F284D-6575-47F3-9F01-0A886217199B.jpeg

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Just wanted to share this guys. I officially am going to be known as the smasher Isaac in the tourney community and I am ready to take my skills to the top. Wish me luck as I improve as a player. View attachment 183308
Awesome! It may not happen overnight, but one day, you will be acknowledged by many and then Nintendo will learn of you and so on! Wishing you the absolute best luck, dude! Never give up, no matter what happens. You are doing what most of us can’t or won’t do. But remember to have fun too which is the most important part of it all!

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Unlike my optimism, my balls can recover in about a week tops.
It’s... good to have you back to your pessimistic self I suppose? Lol

At any rate, while this thread may be slowing down, unfortunately, Social Media is starting to pick up.

But we really need to make more events like Golden Sunday if we’re to gain any more momentum.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
It’s... good to have you back to your pessimistic self I suppose? Lol

At any rate, while this thread may be slowing down, unfortunately, Social Media is starting to pick up.

But we really need to make more events like Golden Sunday if we’re to gain any more momentum.
Agreed. I got a small GS related project in the works right now and I hope to get it done soon. I have a bigger vision for it, but with the limited skill and limited resources I have, it won’t be that big. Maybe colab with someone who can once it’s finished. We’ll see I guess.

In the meantime, keep GS relevant! :D

Edit: Anyone seen the AT glitch where it keeps spawning the same AT multiple times until the game crashes? We need one for Isaac ASAP!
For reference: https://mobile.twitter.com/YouTubeGaming/status/1074756707266396160

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still think that fanart and cosplay is a really good way to go to push GS

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
So I got Matthew's spirit the other day and I had forgotten how great his character design was. I played Dark Dawn when it first came out and all I remembered of it was enjoying it but feeling like it was disappointingly short and easy, I'm wondering if I should try and find my copy again for another play-through to re-evaluate it.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Now that Joker is in...maybe all we need to do is max out Isaac’s confidant!
DAF10C16-1CBF-421C-84BA-40C7FDE4B7E0.jpeg

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
boosette is also in this thing so I wouldn't put too much weight onto whether or not it reflects the public's opinion
Haha, really? I didn’t even see that until you pointed it out. Oh well. More Golden Sun love shown anywhere is a good thing regardless, honestly.

Currently sitting at 1.5mil GSP on mii sword fighter with Isaac Mii Costume. I’m spreading the good word of Golden Sun by changing my name to Isaac on Switch while playing the Mii.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I love all these different ways some of ya'll are trying to spread the love for Golden Sun we just keep getting louder and louder, in other news the Isaac Ultimate Allied Adepts account is almost at 1k so if some of you can spread the word about the account or follow it yourself if you haven't that would be appreciated =)

Tetiro

Smash Ace
We really have come a long way. I hope between now and the next Smash we get a GS title of some sort. Because if we do, we need to work like crazy to make that title sell!

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Wow it's been since the direct..or the Golden Sunday i didn't came back here..

Who cares

Hope you are all doing good and enjoying Ultimate. Still hoping that GS will get some love in the next years =)

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I find it odd that Isaac never showed up on Smash Ultimate's main website.
Oh yeah you're right he hasn't. I mean, there were a lot of ATs showed off during the Direct, so I didn't think it was anything when he wasn't one of the first couple shown. But now that he hasn't showed up there at all, it is a bit weird, given the spotlight he got in the Direct and that Nintendo recap article. Maybe they didn't show him off because he's technically returning; I don't remember Gray Fox ever being shown off, and he's third party so you'd think they'd give him a blog post. So it's interesting, but there are a few reasons why it probably doesn't mean much. I agree that it is weird, though. There's nothing stopping them from doing multiple blog posts to make sure they show off everything.

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Oof, it’s been over an entire day and we haven’t broken through 883. Unless something fantastical happens, I don’t think this thread has much longer to go before it dies. I guess we could always necro it if need be. But it’s still a bit depressing nonetheless.

Since there has been a fair amount of activity on Twitter regarding Golden Sun, I urge anyone that doesn’t have a Twitter account to go ahead and make one. Then follow:
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSunRisesAga2
https://mobile.twitter.com/IsaacAdepts
https://mobile.twitter.com/GS_****posts

Share these links with anyone that cares. You may have to find the last link on your own smh. I’m sure you can fill in the blank...

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Oof, it’s been over an entire day and we haven’t broken through 883. Unless something fantastical happens, I don’t think this thread has much longer to go before it dies. I guess we could always necro it if need be. But it’s still a bit depressing nonetheless.

Since there has been a fair amount of activity on Twitter regarding Golden Sun, I urge anyone that doesn’t have a Twitter account to go ahead and make one. Then follow:
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSunRisesAga2
https://mobile.twitter.com/IsaacAdepts
https://mobile.twitter.com/GS_****posts

Share these links with anyone that cares. You may have to find the last link on your own smh. I’m sure you can fill in the blank...
Today has been a slow day overall for Smashboards it feels like (or maybe its just me hoping it would be more active while I'm at work lol)

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I think a lot of people are busy playing the game, and things are bound to be slow with nothing new to discover about the game. DLC discussion has also been pretty stale, as nobody seems to have much idea who the characters are, except for maybe the Square rep.

Edit: it also doesn't help that almost all the fan favorites are viewed as pretty unlikely, though Lloyd has a decent shot and Banjo/Geno have a small chance.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think a lot of people are busy playing the game, and things are bound to be slow with nothing new to discover about the game. DLC discussion has also been pretty stale, as nobody seems to have much idea who the characters are, except for maybe the Square rep.

Edit: it also doesn't help that almost all the fan favorites are viewed as pretty unlikely, though Lloyd has a decent shot and Banjo/Geno have a small chance.
Yeah and even then it seems severely doubtful there would be leaks months in advance from the potential reveals, so fake leakers are almost certainly going to take advantage of people's belief for e-peen until it's too late, the jerks.

That said, I'm glad to see that people are actually busy enjoying the game, since there isn't much of a point discussing DLC at this stage.

I'd play it myself, but I'm waiting to see if I'll be given a Switch as a gift on Christmas.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I think it is just quiet here because people are busy playing the game and Christmas is coming up, so maybe they're shopping or something too idk. I just lost hope for all of my favorites so I haven't been posting anymore

I don't think this thread is going to die though. Threads for other disconfirmed characters died a lot faster than this one did, if that's the case. Even the big ones like Ashley and Takamaru.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I think it is just quiet here because people are busy playing the game and Christmas is coming up, so maybe they're shopping or something too idk. I just lost hope for all of my favorites so I haven't been posting anymore

I don't think this thread is going to die though. Threads for other disconfirmed characters died a lot faster than this one did, if that's the case. Even the big ones like Ashley and Takamaru.
I thought the Ashley thread was still alive by some miracle. Most of us aren't going anywhere anyway.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I thought the Ashley thread was still alive by some miracle. Most of us aren't going anywhere anyway.
I think it survived for a while but then it stopped being as active as it used to. I'm not sure if it's grown anymore since I last checked a while ago.

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I'm probably biased but I feel that Isaac still have way more chances than a lot of AT to become playable in a future DLC wave, and that's what makes us alive.

Top Bottom