• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I really don't think people should continue hoping Isaac is somehow going to show up as DLC.

From the Piranha Plant interview, Sakurai basically said he chose PP because he was recognizable and thought that was a better choice than going with a main character from lesser known franchises. That's probably as close of comment as we'll ever get from him.

All the content Golden Sun got in Ultimate is specifically because Isaac did well on the ballot, and it largely comes off as them doing as much as they can to acknowledge that short of adding a playable character; Sakurai didn't add all that stuff because Isaac was coming later as DLC, he added it specifically because he isn't coming later.

Isaac just doesn't fit into Sakurai's vision for roster characters.

Short of getting a new Golden Sun game or someone else directing the next Smash, I don't feel we will ever get Isaac playable. Even more so if there's not another ballot to re-emphasize the fan support for Isaac.

I'm not saying this to be mean, I just think it's a very realistic interpretation of everything.

Try to look at the bright side of the awesome new assist and mii costume.
Nintendo chose the list for DLC, Sakurai has a said, sure, but it still depends on Nintendo's choices. We still don't know if they are going for the marketing/good relationship with 3rd parties approach or a more PR/Fan service approach. And surely we don't have all the info regarding what is being cooked behind scenes for the Switch, we only know what has been announced to us (games like Three Houses, Metroid Prime 4, AC 2019, Luigi's Mansion), so I don't think it is time yet to "stop hoping". Only through hope have we made our voices heard in the past. We just have to focus and hope but not hype irresponsibly.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Nintendo chose the list for DLC, Sakurai has a said, sure, but it still depends on Nintendo's choices. We still don't know if they are going for the marketing/good relationship with 3rd parties approach or a more PR/Fan service approach. And surely we don't have all the info regarding what is being cooked behind scenes for the Switch, we only know what has been announced to us (games like Three Houses, Metroid Prime 4, AC 2019, Luigi's Mansion), so I don't think it is time yet to "stop hoping". Only through hope have we made our voices heard in the past. We just have to focus and hope but not hype irresponsibly.
I would say we have to focus and hope but not expected anything. Hope is fine, but don't expect anything.

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I would say we have to focus and hope but not expected anything. Hope is fine, but don't expect anything.
Amen! Hope is fine! Keep hoping for GS to be revived, be it through Smash (Playable) or not (a new game or remake)

spaceperson741

Smash Cadet
Amen! Hope is fine! Keep hoping for GS to be revived, be it through Smash (Playable) or not (a new game or remake)
And let's be honest, if Nintendo really IS planning on a new Golden Sun game (what with the peculiar trademark renewal), they would totally want Isaac in the game as DLC.

It would be the perfect, cheapest way to market the new games. And I think it's unfortunate to say that Nintendo's approach to Golden Sun marketing in the past has been as cheap as possible, so this would make sense.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I really don't think people should continue hoping Isaac is somehow going to show up as DLC.

From the Piranha Plant interview, Sakurai basically said he chose PP because he was recognizable and thought that was a better choice than going with a main character from lesser known franchises. That's probably as close of comment as we'll ever get from him.

All the content Golden Sun got in Ultimate is specifically because Isaac did well on the ballot, and it largely comes off as them doing as much as they can to acknowledge that short of adding a playable character; Sakurai didn't add all that stuff because Isaac was coming later as DLC, he added it specifically because he isn't coming later.

Short of getting a new Golden Sun game or someone else directing the next Smash, I don't feel we will ever get Isaac playable. Even more so if there's not another ballot to re-emphasize the fan support for Isaac.

I'm not saying this to be mean, I just think it's a very realistic interpretation of everything.

Pretty much agree. They don’t see Isaac as coming in the immediate future.

If we get more DLC later on in the Switch’s life and we get a new Golden Sun game next year or relatively soon, then it’s totally possible for Isaac to be promoted then. Nintendo and Sakurai might want to wait to see how fans react to the new Golden Sun game before they decided if they want to promote it further. That is of course if we even do get a new GS game.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
THIS! I don’t think any of us truly expect Isaac to make it via DLC, but there is nothing wrong for hoping it will happen.

The way I see it, it keeps Isaac (and Golden Sun) under Nintendo’s and everyone’s radar. The moment we stop this is the moment we will lose everything that we have built up like our momentum we got going right now. Besides, if we keep pushing for Isaac for DLC and it doesn’t happen, then those efforts will transfer towards Smash 6.

It’s like a race. We are so close to the finish line, but the others behind us are going to find ways to slow us down (or stop us). Keep going! It’s not over till we get what we want, Golden Sun to return via new game/remake and Isaac gets in the Smash roster.

Jibunzo

Smash Rookie

https://i.imgtc.com/VOq7h4U.png

I was pretty down in the dumps after the last direct. But reading everything here has revived at least a portion of that lost hope. I've never played Mii Swordsman in the past, but if spamming the Isaac outfit during online play has even the smallest chance of supporting the Golden Sun agenda, I'll be there.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

I will continue to hope, because I believe. I believe all the crackpot theories that others and myself have cooked up. I feel there's too many "coincidences" for this to not happen. Golden Sun basically got everything just short of a character, and all those somethings have me believing Camelot's got something Golden Sun-related in the works. We can add the lack of remixes onto this list. So many other games got remixes (Codename STEAM, Yuyuki, etc.) but Golden Sun got an old remix and an old rip. No way none of the hundreds of composers had no interest in doing a Golden Sun song. Even if no others had heard of the game, the composer of Golden Sun, Motoi Sakuraba, is working on Ultimate. I feel like he'd want to update some of his old songs, even if Isaac was only an Assist. But, nothing. As unlikely as it seems, I think we might be heading for a perfect storm of Golden Sun: new game, Isaac in Smash. Others have said that Isaac would be suspiciously absent if Golden Sun got nothing in the base game, but I think he's also suspiciously present. Golden Sun got so much, but so little at the same time. Now with a precedent for turning off Pokemon/Assists under certain conditions, I think Isaac becomes more likely by the day. So no, I will not stop hoping for Isaac, not now, not until he finally joins the roster. Isaac deserves a place in this game as much as any newcomer left (and even more so than a few characters on the roster, imo), and I won't rest until he's here, where he belongs, among the pantheon of Nintendo greats.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I have to say this…
I feel like they made some characters not playable in purpose.
just to make them mii costume and make people feel more like playing as mii fighters.
it's a **** but smart strategy to get people to play them more lol.
I just hope that doesn't stop him and others from getting upgraded in the future.
Anyway I just hope there are better options for the face, I have never played as miis so dunno about the customization options :laugh:
The face is the hardest part of Isaac to get right! We've been saying it for ages guys, and this Mii Costume is proof!
Well; sorry for being late on this (I’m actually in Japan right now), but that’s a wonderful Mii Costume for Isaac! If he somehow gets in as DLC later on, I’d be ecstatic! :)

And yes, I agree that it will take some time before we find the perfect Isaac face; it does need to be perfect, after all.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913

I'd be inclined to agree if Sakurai didn't make sure to get across that Piranha Plant was a bonus character to entice people to buy the game ASAP. If that was in regards to the roster as a whole, we shouldn't have characters like Shulk, Captain Falcon, Ness, Lucas especially, or even K Rool honestly.

It then becomes "who do you make as a bonus character to get people to buy the game?" Which we know Isaac would never win.

You're allowed to be skeptical, but this thread left "I think you should be doing this" awhile ago.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'd be inclined to agree if Sakurai didn't make sure to get across that Piranha Plant was a bonus character to entice people to buy the game ASAP. If that was in regards to the roster as a whole, we shouldn't have characters like Shulk, Captain Falcon, Ness, Lucas especially, or even K Rool honestly.

It then becomes "who do you make as a bonus character to get people to buy the game?" Which we know Isaac would never win.
This is what makes Isaac as a DLC character so problematic in the first place. Let's completely ignore the AT and any other Golden Sun content in the game. If you're Nintendo and are choosing characters with the express purpose of selling DLC, why in the world would you choose Isaac, a character from a series you haven't made a new game for since 2010? Heck, why choose Geno, or even arguably Banjo-Kazooie? All you really have are fan polls supporting these characters, while you have actual sales backing things like more Mario characters, Fire Emblem, maybe Minecraft, etc. I don't know what data the people selecting the DLC are working with, but I'm willing to bet it favors the more famous characters over the niche requests.

I know we have some hope that the recent trademark renewal is signalling a new Golden Sun game, but even if we had that, would it be enough? The closest analog there would be Xenoblade Chronicles II, and despite selling well to the best of my knowledge, Rex still only got a Mii Fighter costume. That's also assuming a new Golden Sun would be announced some time within the next year to ensure there is interest in purchasing the relevant Smash DLC, and even if the game entered development immediately after Mario Tennis Aces went gold, that's not all that much development time, and at most a matter of months between development starting and the Fighters Pass DLC line-up being finalized.

I'd love to be wrong about Golden Sun's chances at DLC, but I do worry that, at least for now, all we really have on our side is wishful thinking. The Golden Sun content in the game feels like Sakurai giving us what he can within the scope of Ultimate's development and the expectation of how much attention any given playable character brings to the game. The ballot definitely mattered, but this feels like our peak without either a new Golden Sun game in the near future or Nintendo giving efforts like #GoldenSunday a lot of credit. Maybe we get a surprise in 2019, but as it stands, I think we need to be hoping for a Fighters Pass 2 to get any real shot at becoming playable.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
This is what makes Isaac as a DLC character so problematic in the first place. Let's completely ignore the AT and any other Golden Sun content in the game. If you're Nintendo and are choosing characters with the express purpose of selling DLC, why in the world would you choose Isaac, a character from a series you haven't made a new game for since 2010? Heck, why choose Geno, or even arguably Banjo-Kazooie? All you really have are fan polls supporting these characters, while you have actual sales backing things like more Mario characters, Fire Emblem, maybe Minecraft, etc. I don't know what data the people selecting the DLC are working with, but I'm willing to bet it favors the more famous characters over the niche requests.

I know we have some hope that the recent trademark renewal is signalling a new Golden Sun game, but even if we had that, would it be enough? The closest analog there would be Xenoblade Chronicles II, and despite selling well to the best of my knowledge, Rex still only got a Mii Fighter costume. That's also assuming a new Golden Sun would be announced some time within the next year to ensure there is interest in purchasing the relevant Smash DLC, and even if the game entered development immediately after Mario Tennis Aces went gold, that's not all that much development time, and at most a matter of months between development starting and the Fighters Pass DLC line-up being finalized.

I'd love to be wrong about Golden Sun's chances at DLC, but I do worry that, at least for now, all we really have on our side is wishful thinking. The Golden Sun content in the game feels like Sakurai giving us what he can within the scope of Ultimate's development and the expectation of how much attention any given playable character brings to the game. The ballot definitely mattered, but this feels like our peak without either a new Golden Sun game in the near future or Nintendo giving efforts like #GoldenSunday a lot of credit. Maybe we get a surprise in 2019, but as it stands, I think we need to be hoping for a Fighters Pass 2 to get any real shot at becoming playable.
Piranha Plant is marketed as a bonus character, not a DLC character. It just happens to be, by virtue of being a bonus, DLC as well. Make of that what you will, however.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Piranha Plant is marketed as a bonus character, not a DLC character. It just happens to be, by virtue of being a bonus, DLC as well. Make of that what you will, however.
I guess I just don't see a strong distinction there. The bonus character is intended to get potential customers to buy Smash shortly after launch to obtain that character for free, while DLC characters are intended to encourage players to shell out even more money to obtain them. In both cases you're selecting characters with the intention of getting people to spend money, just in slightly different contexts.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I guess I just don't see a strong distinction there. The bonus character is intended to get potential customers to buy Smash shortly after launch to obtain that character for free, while DLC characters are intended to encourage players to shell out even more money to obtain them. In both cases you're selecting characters with the intention of getting people to spend money, just in slightly different contexts.
The distinction is that to get people that aren't as into Smash to buy the game, it's more lucrative to use recognizable and distinctive characters. That's why Mewtwo was chosen last game even though Lucas was already in development as well. Whereas with the further DLC, it's intended to keep your current install base interested enough to keep playing the game and spread word of mouth.

As far as you know while planning, it's entirely possible that you don't get new customers involved, however unlikely it may be. Thus, it makes more sense to make DLC with your known base in mind.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I think the reason Isaac makes some sense for DLC is for cross-promotion, in the event a new Golden Sun is being made. Maybe his Assist was included as a pre-promotion as well? Put him in the biggest game on Switch yet to make Golden Sun a little more recognizable to new fans, then make a new Golden Sun, plus Isaac DLC to complete the process of a new fan? Honestly, I think if a new Golden Sun is being made, a Golden Sun character is basically a lock for DLC, it just depends on Camelot seeing the signs and making a new game.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
The distinction is that to get people that aren't as into Smash to buy the game, it's more lucrative to use recognizable and distinctive characters. That's why Mewtwo was chosen last game even though Lucas was already in development as well. Whereas with the further DLC, it's intended to keep your current install base interested enough to keep playing the game and spread word of mouth.
I didn't think about it but what you say makes perfect sense : start with well known figures while casuals are still playing, ends with poll selections to renew interest for the hardcore fanbase.
Thus casual choice at start may not dismiss Isaac chances at the end of the wave.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I didn't think about it but what you say makes perfect sense : start with well known figures while casuals are still playing, ends with poll selections to renew interest for the hardcore fanbase.
Thus casual choice at start may not dismiss Isaac chances at the end of the wave.
I don't think timing of the individual slots is part of it. I was just saying that to rein in interest in the game in launch time frame, if you're going to use a bonus character for that, it should be a character the more people know than don't know. After that bonus character is done, you've done what you can to move copies for the base game, and then you can focus on the proper planned DLC. Remember, the install base for DLC is people who own the game to get them to keep playing. People won't buy DLC for a game they don't own.

I actually think Isaac would end up being closer to the beginning of the wave assuming he is in DLC, just by virtue of having plenty of work gone into him already and just needing to refine and expand on it. There's a model here, while yes it needs touching up, should suffice. He also already has a Kirby hat in the form of the Mii costume's wig.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
My favorite part about Isaac's roller coaster of a spikey haired bowl cut reverse mullet, is those two random ahoge strands, that sticks up in the back of Isaac's head and Sakurai renders those strands every time. It's just so grossly satisfying to see this hair being rendered in 3D lol.
I love ahoge lol

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
If a Golden Sun game is in development, it’s definitely hard to imagine a scenario where Nintendo doesn’t go for Isaac in DLC. If this was the case he’d be quite literally the perfect character for them to put in. Nintendo gets to advertise an upcoming game so sales can be boosted, fans will be very happy because Isaac is highly requested, and they get to make tons of money off the DLC itself. Everybody wins. Nintendo would be making money off making money!

SPEN18

Smash Lord
If a Golden Sun game is in development, it’s definitely hard to imagine a scenario where Nintendo doesn’t go for Isaac in DLC.
It is possible that said hypothetical GS game would be too new for DLC. If there's season 2 and GS is already in development, then yeah Isaac has a fantastic shot.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
It is possible that said hypothetical GS game would be too new for DLC. If there's season 2 and GS is already in development, then yeah Isaac has a fantastic shot.
Not necessarily, since the game probably would've started development in 2016-ish, when Sakurai went to Camelot to ask for Isaac, at least in my head canon lol. I believe Camelot hadn't realized how popular Isaac was, and began working on a new Golden Sun, probably partnering with Monolith, but development really hit full swing in late 2017, after Xenoblade 2 was finished, and if the game is a remake, it probably could be done by mid-2019, at least. Heck, if the game started in 2017, it could still be done in time for cross-promotion with Smash, since a 2-year dev cycle could lead to a late 2019/early 2020 release, right around the final DLC character should be released. I have a ton of faith that a new Golden Sun is coming and Isaac will be coming with it.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Whether or not we get anything resembling a playable GS character in Ultimate, the fact that we got a Mii costume is proof we made a dent. Just like K Rool costume in Sm4sh.

We may not get Isaac as DLC, but I guarantee Nintendo’s well aware of our existence.
Them knowing about the demand is great and all but I need them to do something substantial about that demand. I don't want Golden Sun to be like Mother 3 where it's always "we hear you" and not "we listened".

ZelDan

Smash Master
Isaac miraculously being made playable would be kinda funny, since it'd take away some of the spotlight Chrom has for his many roles.

Chrom: "I mean, I have a s***ty recovery and my model is of questionable quality, but atleast I'm the one here filling in the most roles!"

Isaac: *bursts through door* "hey guys! Don't mind me, just being a UNIQUE playable fighter, mii costume, AND assist trophy!"

Chrom: "F***...maybe I'll get my chance to feel special...another day..."

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Not necessarily, since the game probably would've started development in 2016-ish, when Sakurai went to Camelot to ask for Isaac, at least in my head canon lol. I believe Camelot hadn't realized how popular Isaac was, and began working on a new Golden Sun, probably partnering with Monolith, but development really hit full swing in late 2017, after Xenoblade 2 was finished, and if the game is a remake, it probably could be done by mid-2019, at least. Heck, if the game started in 2017, it could still be done in time for cross-promotion with Smash, since a 2-year dev cycle could lead to a late 2019/early 2020 release, right around the final DLC character should be released. I have a ton of faith that a new Golden Sun is coming and Isaac will be coming with it.
That's why my post started with the phrase "it is possible." A hypothetical GS4 could be far enough along to qualify for DLC, but it also might be too new (in which case it'd be another case of bad timing for Isaac and GS). Just something to keep in mind.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Isaac miraculously being made playable would be kinda funny, since it'd take away some of the spotlight Chrom has for his many roles.

Chrom: "I mean, I have a s***ty recovery and my model is of questionable quality, but atleast I'm the only one here filling in the most roles!"

Isaac: *bursts through door* "hey guys! Don't mind me, just being a UNIQUE playable fighter, mii costume, AND assist trophy!"

Chrom: "F***...maybe I'll get my chance to feel special...another day..."
Funnily enough, Chrom's many, many roles are what really convinced me this game was kinda rushed, as well as Young Link's Final Smash and Isaac's, let's say, subpar Assist model.
That's why my post started with the phrase "it is possible." A hypothetical GS4 could be far enough along to qualify for DLC, but it also might be too new (in which case it'd be another case of bad timing for Isaac and GS). Just something to keep in mind.
Yeah, you're right, that's is absolutely a possibility, but I think the only way that would happen is if the game started development this year, which would mean we did something through the reactions to the Rathalos Tweet, Golden Sunday, etc. It's unlikely, and I think if we get a new Golden Sun soon, it would have started a while ago, but this is certainly a possibility.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Funnily enough, Chrom's many, many roles are what really convinced me this game was kinda rushed, as well as Young Link's Final Smash and Isaac's, let's say, subpar Assist model.

Yeah, you're right, that's is absolutely a possibility, but I think the only way that would happen is if the game started development this year, which would mean we did something through the reactions to the Rathalos Tweet, Golden Sunday, etc. It's unlikely, and I think if we get a new Golden Sun soon, it would have started a while ago, but this is certainly a possibility.
Based on the Tennis games having reduced teams I honestly believe its been in development for a while. At least since the ballot. Likely on a limited team just going over the basics of it and slowly working on it for a while, before putting it into full production after Aces. (Or maybe earlier than that if they got help from another Nintendo team.)

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Based on the Tennis games having reduced teams I honestly believe its been in development for a while. At least since the ballot. Likely on a limited team just going over the basics of it and slowly working on it for a while, before putting it into full production after Aces. (Or maybe earlier than that if they got help from another Nintendo team.)
Exactly. I think Aces drew resources away, which is why it's taking so long, but my guess is they started working at Monolith and then once Aces was done, they moved most staff to Golden Sun, to finish it up in time. (Man, 2019 will be killer, huh?) I think development probably really kicked into full swing in 2017, after Xenoblade 2 was mostly done, and will probably be announced and released next year. Sadly, Aces and XB2 took away resources for like a year, but the final product should be exceptional if it's what I'm predicting.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
If GS4 was started as early as you guys are suggesting, then I think we'd be in for a full trailer with gameplay sometime next year.

That would be a TREAT if true.

Still, to be on the cautious side I'm not gonna assume that they'd start working on GS concurrently with Aces, although it's possible.
I also doubt that their entire team would be working on Aces DLC. Even if they're a smaller company now than they used to be, I don't think it'd take anywhere close to their full manpower to add a few more characters to the game; if it did, they would probably be way better off skipping out on DLC entirely.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Exactly. I think Aces drew resources away, which is why it's taking so long, but my guess is they started working at Monolith and then once Aces was done, they moved most staff to Golden Sun, to finish it up in time. (Man, 2019 will be killer, huh?) I think development probably really kicked into full swing in 2017, after Xenoblade 2 was mostly done, and will probably be announced and released next year. Sadly, Aces and XB2 took away resources for like a year, but the final product should be exceptional if it's what I'm predicting.
Gotta say that it would be amazing for golden sun to return on the nintendo switch. I just wonder what you guys want more: Golden Sun 4 or a Remake?

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
If GS4 was started as early as you guys are suggesting, then I think we'd be in for a full trailer with gameplay sometime next year.

That would be a TREAT if true.

Still, to be on the cautious side I'm not gonna assume that they'd start working on GS concurrently with Aces, although it's possible.
I also doubt that their entire team would be working on Aces DLC. Even if they're a smaller company now than they used to be, I don't think it'd take anywhere close to their full manpower to add a few more characters to the game; if it did, they would probably be way better off skipping out on DLC entirely.
I feel everything adds up to a Golden Sun comeback, development starting in 2016/17. As you said, it can't take much to add characters to Aces, so devs could be moved to a Golden Sun game as Aces wrapped up.
Gotta say that it would be amazing for golden sun to return on the nintendo switch. I just wonder what you guys want more: Golden Sun 4 or a Remake?
Remake. Gets more people started, gets the team used to working with Golden Sun, strong base. Bringing the series back with GS4 just gets newcomers confused, so a remake of Golden Sun + The Lost Age (making them the one game they're supposed to be) makes the most sense (also I've never played a Golden Sun, so I want to start with the first one).

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
GS4 at around the same time as remakes would be preferable for me...

Though I think that producing a 4th game should take precedence over remaking the old ones.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

Though I think that producing a 4th game should take precedence over remaking the old ones.
As mentioned I think a remake would be better to attract newer players to the series. They also wouldn’t have to come up with a new storyline and all that. Just remake the first two games into one with updated graphics and take some improvements Dark Dawn implemented and add them.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

My biggest argument against GS4 is that the team should get used to Golden Sun before coming up with a brand new one, imo. Additionally, new players can be introduced at the start of the series, rather than being thrown in to the middle.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Yeah, Remake/remaster of the first two games would be ideal. Golden Sun fans would be happy and people new to the series would have a great entry point for the series, whereas with a GS4 new people to the series would have to worry about catching up on 3 games, 2 of which can only officially found on the Wii U (a console that sold terribly), and Dark Dawn, which would be even harder to find.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Lord
Honestly I'd be fine with either. If you really want to mandate a decision, I guess I'd like a new game over remakes. But still, remakes would be awesome, too.

Whatever the case is with GS, though, we can be fairly certain that Camelot's next project is underway.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'd be fine with either depending on how it is handled and executed.

A remake is a smarter option to go with since the series has been dormant for a long time and Smash fans who learnt about Isaac will want to know more about his story so that could help it. Also it could help the team readjust to working on these kind of games if they want to develop Golden Sun 4 after the remakes down the line.

Golden Sun 4 on the otherhand will finally give us answers that we've held on to for years and seeing since both Takahashi Brothers aren't getting any younger they may just want to give the series a worthy swansong while they still can. It also gives the team more freedom and oppurtunity to explore more new ideas with the games. My main concern is that it would be confusing for newcomers to get into seeing how it's a continuation of a game from 2010 but if they provide a clever way to get around this I think it could still do well.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
I mean, if GS comes back, all it needs to do is be itself.

If the core gameplay is solid and it immerses the player in the world of its story (whether that story be new or old), I don't see why the game wouldn't succeed. And we all know that the series is capable of achieving this. They can certainly innovate a few things and add content, but they don't really need to do too much IMO to make it a great game. Just keep Nintendo from forcing a fancy new gimmick on it (though even with said gimmick I think we'd survive).

Of course, good marketing helps, too.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I’m not trying to get anyone’s hopes up as personally I don’t think Isaac is gonna be in the Wave 1 dlc.

However... I do find it interesting that of all the series that do not have a playable fighter, Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun have the most spirits and both happened to get their trademarks renewed at the same time! Considering the dlc was obvious decided upon a while ago before the game went gold, I must say that is quite the coincidence.

Even more of a coincidence is that Banjo & Kazooie had their trademark renewed earlier than usual in September roughly a week or two (assuming I’m remembering the dates right) after Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven and the dataminers found unused Rare spirits in the game!

Putting my tin foil hat on, I wouldn’t be surprised if three of the five dlc characters are Banjo, a Rhythm Heaven rep and Isaac.

Again, I’m not trying to get anyone’s hope up but these are strange coincidences.

Top Bottom