• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
To be fair, Isaac didn’t come to Brawl with his theme... he came with A mashup of Felix and Doom Dragon...

That being said I do find it odd that there’s not a single new track from Golden Sun. Not even a ripped one.

Especially since Sm4sh got a ripped Dark Dawn track... Isaac’s AT is the only returning AT to get a mechanical overhaul... has a Mii costume... and has a multitude of Spirits from the series.

But no new GS tracks. Weird.
To be honest, it isn't terribly surprising. We got the one remix when Isaac was introduced as an AT in Brawl, and we got the Dark Dawn rip in Sm4sh because that game came out after Brawl. With no new Golden Sun game to rip from and no playable character or stage in Ultimate, there is no real reason for them to invest resources in adapting more music beyond the two tracks they already had. Maybe we learn something surprising as people continue digging into the game files, but I don't think this means anything.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
The evidence for DLC is certainly there, Isaac seems to be sticking out like a sore thumb compared to the other assists due to some questionable things. Now we wait to see if they mean anything. It’s probably been thought of before, but if he pulls it off and makes it, how would you guys feel about the tagline “ISAAC Breaks the Seal!” It references the first game titled The Broken Seal, and Isaac breaking the seal of the assist trophy.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
The evidence for DLC is certainly there, Isaac seems to be sticking out like a sore thumb compared to the other assists due to some questionable things. Now we wait to see if they mean anything. It’s probably been thought of before, but if he pulls it off and makes it, how would you guys feel about the tagline “ISAAC Breaks the Seal!” It references the first game titled The Broken Seal, and Isaac breaking the seal of the assist trophy.
“Breaks the Seal” is actually brilliant! Why haven’t we talked about that before?!?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So if Isaac is DLC, what would his Fighter Spirit artwork be?
Depends if they use Classic Isaac or Adult Isaac.

If Classic, hopefully like his Box Art pose:
04BC05B4-209E-4BC4-A993-82473B602B71.jpeg

If Adult Isaac, then they could just use the existing one we have in Smash. Easy!......wait a minute.....

Amtoj

Smash Rookie
Just go the route of all those fake leaks that sprung up earlier. Have Isaac be a mix of his classic and adult look.

It'd definitely solve plenty of problems that might arise. Isaac's new spirit would be different from the two already in the game, and he'd be visually distinct from his Assist Trophy if that isn't getting removed.

By the way, there's something funny about all this new Golden Sun stuff being featured in Ultimate. The series arguably has as much representation as Final Fantasy thanks to how stingy Square Enix is being. :p

Tetiro

Smash Ace
There's no denying our votes made a massive impact. It is all clear as day now thanks to those leaks.

• Isaac is back as an Assist Trophy
  • The two music tracks are back as well
  • Isaac got PRIME spot in the Assist Trophy reveals in the big Direct (music and most screen time for an AT)
  • Isaac got a Spirit Battle. And I doubt he is alone.
  • He came with 8 Spirits too! That's a good number
  • He has a Mii Fighter costume too! (Like K Rool, Inklings etc)
  • And most importantly, Golden Sun is now KNOWN. Our franchise can't be ignored anymore. Every Smash fan knows GS.

Guys we need to be honest here. Isaac got booted from the base roster and would be DLC on a good day. On a bad day, he isn't playable at all minus the Mii Costume.

But don't take it to heart. Looking at all these facts, it is clear that Sakurai and the team had to design the game with a heavy heart on us. And for many other characters that day.

The evidence here proves we made the impact. For a non-playable character, we got a lot more than we should of. We aren't a small niche anymore. We're big.

That is a good thing. Whether or not our boy is playable officially, his series has had more acknowledgement in the Smash series than ever before. Our campaigns and support are working.

It gives us reason to campaign. To support and make our voices heard.

So, we carry on. We keep supporting our Golden Boy as we are so close. It may not be Smash Ultimate but if we all band together, stay united and make our voice heard, he will be in the next Smash Bros.

It's up to us!

Also I am back to be being excited for Smash Ultimate. I can't wait to play as our boy (Mii costume). How do we unlock the costume anyway?

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
i think if Isaac will come in the future as DLC, We will see his reveal possibly at e3 next year or a little after evo given the rathalos tweet came up around August. Also I hope that Nintendo announces a new golden sun game before that time in a direct or e3 to really help our chances. For the near future, I’m praying for geno!

Last edited:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
There's no denying our votes made a massive impact. It is all clear as day now thanks to those leaks.

• Isaac is back as an Assist Trophy
  • The two music tracks are back as well
  • Isaac got PRIME spot in the Assist Trophy reveals in the big Direct (music and most screen time for an AT)
  • Isaac got a Spirit Battle. And I doubt he is alone.
  • He came with 8 Spirits too! That's a good number
  • He has a Mii Fighter costume too! (Like K Rool, Inklings etc)
  • And most importantly, Golden Sun is now KNOWN. Our franchise can't be ignored anymore. Every Smash fan knows GS.

Guys we need to be honest here. Isaac got booted from the base roster and would be DLC on a good day. On a bad day, he isn't playable at all minus the Mii Costume.

But don't take it to heart. Looking at all these facts, it is clear that Sakurai and the team had to design the game with a heavy heart on us. And for many other characters that day.

The evidence here proves we made the impact. For a non-playable character, we got a lot more than we should of. We aren't a small niche anymore. We're big.

That is a good thing. Whether or not our boy is playable officially, his series has had more acknowledgement in the Smash series than ever before. Our campaigns and support are working.

It gives us reason to campaign. To support and make our voices heard.

So, we carry on. We keep supporting our Golden Boy as we are so close. It may not be Smash Ultimate but if we all band together, stay united and make our voice heard, he will be in the next Smash Bros.

It's up to us!

Also I am back to be being excited for Smash Ultimate. I can't wait to play as our boy (Mii costume). How do we unlock the costume anyway?
Exactly how I feel. I was really let down but seeing all the GS content is making me excited again. And it's obvious Sakurai heard us. We don't know all the behind the scenes stuff that goes into deciding the roster, but I really feel he tried to make us happy with what he could add. Even if Isaac doesn't make it as DLC, we should show Sakurai we're grateful. He very well could have ignored GS again or only brought back the AT, but he made an effort to add more content even if it isn't the ultimate prize. I don't think any of us expected so many spirits and a Mii costume.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I'm just waiting now until Sakurai talks about Golden Sun/Isaac in a blog post, twitter post, or interview.

Hopefully, one of those will give us some insight on what went down behind the scenes.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
So if Isaac is DLC, what would his Fighter Spirit artwork be?
New Isaac artwork, his chances are banking on a new GS game or remake.

And I might be on the "spirits deconfirm characters" side, but I can already see how Isaac's trailer would go if the miracle happens:

Let's say Link, Shulk and Marth are fighting on Garden of Hope.
Marth is launched away from the heat of battle, and while Link and Shulk keep fighting offscreen, we can still listen to their SFX. Once Marth gets up he finds an AT container, he uses it but nothing appears. Then, Link is KO'd, we see him flying from one side of the screen to the other. Shulk runs towards the screen, but we barely see him getting grabbed (we can't see who grabbed) and is thrown back offscreen.
Marth runs to where Shulk used to be, but there's just a pile of sand moving behind him, which turns into Isaac (who would use Sand for rolling and spot dodging) and kills him with a Dash Attack (the good ol' crit animation) and we get his splash screen and moveset/stage montage. In the end we see Matthew replacing him as the GS AT.

Last edited:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Right! Now that the Smash Ultimate hype train is nearing the end, I thought it would be a good idea to wrap up my statistics and give verdicts for the upcoming DLC. The statistics look purely at the Hype Train and other tidbits

And there are some interesting results!

• Despite saying there would be less characters, Sakurai actually in regards to the hype train gave us an "on par" outcome with 12. It is on the low end like N64 but for an "Everyone is Here" attempt, he still gave us the New Goods too
  • As a result, the % chance of each month having a reveal was the same as 3DS/Wii U and sits at the top at 66.67% chance
  • Even though the roster seems to have a lot of new Echoes, it did not take the top spot of Newcomer to Echo having the highest ratio favoring Echo
  • The number of new Stages to Characters was on the low side with only 25% of the roster getting a new stage associated to their franchise (The lowest of the Smash Bros series). Like Wii U, those who are new series got 100% chance
  • New Series Frequency took a big hit this time like Melee did. Only 16.67% of the roster brought a new series. The second lowest was Melee with 23.08%. Usually it is 40% or higher
  • It is a bit better when you exclude Echoes as that goes up to 28.57% but then becomes the worst %

So what does this say for the future of Ultimate? If we take this at face value and assume the %s remain the same then...

• Due to long development times, the reveals and releases will be every 3 months approximately (One month to reveal, one month to release, one month break)
  • At least 1 character will be from a New Series guaranteed. The rest would be returning Series (For example, Isaac is a new series but Geno, Bandana Dee etc are from returning series)
  • At least 1-2 characters will have the Stage included in their pack associated to the Series they are from (Sakurai never said they could not mix up the franchises in each pack. It's unlikely but we have to consider this)
  • Any New Series character will get a 100% chance of a Stage associated to their franchise
  • While no Echoes are in the packs, there is still a 41.67% chance a Clone could appear like Luigi or Lucas. 1-2 at most
  • This does mean however at least 3 characters are completely new and exciting

This might be retreading water but having the statistical facts should at least keep expectations in check

Last edited:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Telling you guys, Isaac as a really good chances for DLC, the AT was made before those were consider, no Isaac at all in base would cause a big uproar, no way Sakurai would have risk it if he didn't knew how much work he will have to do after releash.

Whit all the GS content we are prime candidate for DLC, + the trademark renewal near when DLC can be expected to have started.

If it wasn't for a Smash character then it's for a new GS game which will bring Isaac in Smash. He's that close. + we will ptobably have a lot of DLC for that game whit 30 placeholder.

They can just toggle off Isaac AT when Isaac is a player, like they toggle off Moon on the Majora stage.

Last edited:

KHJason95

Smash Cadet
NNID
KHJason20
Switch FC
SW-4391-8530-5723
I mean, that’s your opinion and no one can say that’s wrong. It’s only wrong if you try to impose said opinion on those that don’t share the same sentiment.
Nope. So long as you aren't being obnoxious about it (Example: calling supporters delusional for so much as supporting him), you're good.
Thanks for the info.

D

Deleted member

hey guys I don't know much about GS but can't that adult version of Isaac be DLC?
DDIsaac.png

I mean look at this absolute hunk goddamn

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
hey guys I don't know much about GS but can't that adult version of Isaac be DLC?
View attachment 180267

Adult Isaac in a spirit. It seems he is an evolution of Classic Isaac (supposing he got from Ace to Legendary level).

But like said by QcSlayer, if Isaac ever enter the fray as playable, it will be the classic version.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. So I had an idea I wanted to share.
After seeing the Golden Sunday thing, an idea popped up in my head.
Elite Smash is going to be used for balancing correct?
If many people come together and use the same isaac mii & outfit, and set their tags to something like "ReviveGoldenSun" or something akin to that, and have their Smash Tag be an isaac icon as he is selectable, it would be very noticeable, and if it's enough people, maybe theyd tell nintendo about it? They'd be bound to see it because of the weird erratic surge in Mii Swordfighters online, at the very least.

We could call it a pun or something. "Let Camelot Mii-ke a new gs"
That sounds like a plan. I'm all for it.

View attachment 180267

That's why we need more bearded men representation!

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
View attachment 180267

I can see Adult Isaac working well for DLC. It technically is his recent look and almost all Smash characters are based off their recent appearance (Link from BotW for example) and like Ike, Cloud and others, they also have a younger/Classic alt as well. Adult Isaac could do the same easily.

Plus, we need more beard bro reps!

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
This may not be a important information, but it's worth to know I guess:

When they announced DLC, they said those were brand new characters and no echoes. Note that this only means they'll all be unique, but not that there's no Echo at all in the DLC. Assumed that Isaac will be DLC, it's not out of possibility he brings a Matthew or Felix echo with him. Same goes for other characters. Obviously it's not very likely that this will be the case but I did wanna have that mentioned once.

SPEN18

Smash Lord
If Isaac is DLC, then IMO the most likely thing is we get alts for classic and adult Isaac. I know we've had debates about the feasibility of this in the past, but if they made it work for PoR/RD Ike then I think they could do it for Isaac, especially if he's getting special treatment as a DLC character.
Basically, for me it's extremely unlikely that they'd leave out the classic design entirely since it's the most iconic (and I think the AT design backs this up); although we now have BotW Link they still left the green elf cap Link as an alt. If Isaac is DLC, then GS4 is probably coming at some point and if it continues from DD then they'll likely want to have Adult Isaac somewhere in there. Of course, if they go for remakes then Adult Isaac becomes less likely, but if there are gonna be remakes then there's probably still gonna be GS4 eventually.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Telling you guys, Isaac as a really good chances for DLC, the AT was made before those were consider, no Isaac at all in base would cause a big uproar, no way Sakurai would have risk it if he didn't knew how much work he will have to do after releash.

Whit all the GS content we are prime candidate for DLC, + the trademark renewal near when DLC can be expected to have started.

If it wasn't for a Smash character then it's for a new GS game which will bring Isaac in Smash. He's that close. + we will ptobably have a lot of DLC for that game whit 30 placeholder.

They can just toggle off Isaac AT when Isaac is a player, like they toggle off Moon on the Majora stage.
If Isaac is DLC, then IMO the most likely thing is we get alts for classic and adult Isaac. I know we've had debates about the feasibility of this in the past, but if they made it work for PoR/RD Ike then I think they could do it for Isaac, especially if he's getting special treatment as a DLC character.
Basically, for me it's extremely unlikely that they'd leave out the classic design entirely since it's the most iconic (and I think the AT design backs this up); although we now have BotW Link they still left the green elf cap Link as an alt. If Isaac is DLC, then GS4 is probably coming at some point and if it continues from DD then they'll likely want to have Adult Isaac somewhere in there. Of course, if they go for remakes then Adult Isaac becomes less likely, but if there are gonna be remakes then there's probably still gonna be GS4 eventually.
I gotta say you guys have rejuvenated my hope for Isaac getting into the roster as dlc when I thought it was all impossible. I hope that this can actually happen. Of course I’ll be willing to accept the alternative if that comes to pass, but I sure hope we get a new Golden Sun game next year!

Last edited:

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Anyone remembers the Twitter of the guys that predicted the last directs' date? They said something else was happening this month but never pointed to a date and I would like to see if they updated on that. As for GS I am thinking maybe E3 will be the moment to solve our doubts for various reasons
1) we are likely to get a DLC announcement, that way we will have at least some light on how Nintendo chose characters. I. E if it is someone like Geno or Isaac they are going fan servicey, if it is someone from Three Houses or another new game like Dragalia then they are going marketing.
2) With Smash highly out of the way except for DLC they are bound to bring in more heavy announcements, most likely Zelda (if a remake/remaster is in the way) Metroid, AC and maybe a new title or revival. That's were I think GS could play given that Nintendo should know is requested

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Assumed that Isaac will be DLC, it's not out of possibility he brings a Matthew or Felix echo with him.
One step at a time. If we have Isaac alone, it will be way enough to please me, and I'll probably go support other series in smash, while still supporting a revival.

As for GS I am thinking maybe E3 will be the moment to solve our doubts for various reasons
If anything GS is announced in the coming months, surely it will be a western event, may it be E3, Paris Games Week or Gamescom, mainly because GS is more loved by westerners.
I think we will have DLC announcements before the next E3. If Isaac is tied to a new game, he won't be the first DLC. The first will only be a good way to jauge the future one.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
This is the best Mii Costume ever since the Black Knight! Damn... this is impressive!
Whether or not we get anything resembling a playable GS character in Ultimate, the fact that we got a Mii costume is proof we made a dent. Just like K Rool costume in Sm4sh.

We may not get Isaac as DLC, but I guarantee Nintendo’s well aware of our existence.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I find it funny that I can easily avoid all the leaks of Ultimate and not have any desire to look at any spoilers. But when it comes to Golden Sun content in Smash? I NEED TO KNOW NOW!!!!!!! lol

Istry555

Smash Cadet
I really don't think people should continue hoping Isaac is somehow going to show up as DLC.

From the Piranha Plant interview, Sakurai basically said he chose PP because he was recognizable and thought that was a better choice than going with a main character from lesser known franchises. That's probably as close of comment as we'll ever get from him.

All the content Golden Sun got in Ultimate is specifically because Isaac did well on the ballot, and it largely comes off as them doing as much as they can to acknowledge that short of adding a playable character; Sakurai didn't add all that stuff because Isaac was coming later as DLC, he added it specifically because he isn't coming later.

Isaac just doesn't fit into Sakurai's vision for roster characters.

Short of getting a new Golden Sun game or someone else directing the next Smash, I don't feel we will ever get Isaac playable. Even more so if there's not another ballot to re-emphasize the fan support for Isaac.

I'm not saying this to be mean, I just think it's a very realistic interpretation of everything.

Try to look at the bright side of the awesome new assist and mii costume.

Top Bottom