• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Shout outs to Otaku the Great for apparently recognizing me in a youtube comment and telling me to say that here. So...yeah.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Thank you all for participating, seeing all the golden sun support on twitter made my day :')

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Have to say the thread has had a bit of an uptick in viewership during the events of Golden Sunday!

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Searching twitter by #黄金の太陽 reveals that we also had a pretty decent turnout from Japan, especially considering that the Japanese release date was actually August 1.

Good job everyone!

We should also try to do something for Feb. 22 which is the European release date. Europe loves Golden Sun even more than the US and it would be a great way to keep the momentum going.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Alright. It's really saddening seeing this thread so down and moving about as slow as molasses, so here: presenting my predictions for next year. I think we will see all five DLC fighters revealed next year, and I think believe Isaac will one of them. Here's how I see it going down. (If I'm right on some of the more out-there stuff, you heard it here first, folks.) (Also, this mostly just relates to Smash, so I won't be mentioning other games if they don't relate in any way.)

Late January/Early February:
Nintendo Direct. 2019 games are revealed and talked about. We see an official release date for Piranha Plant, which will come before or on its amiibo's release date of February 19th. Additionally, the first fighter for the Fighter Pack is revealed: a character from the upcoming Daemon x Machina. This is a Switch-exclusive game being publishing by Nintendo in the West. I think people are sleeping on a character from this game. While we don't know the release date, think feel like it'll be early 2019, and thus our first DLC fighter.

E3:
I don't think we get much Smash info between Feb. and E3 aside from the release of the character from Daemon. I think we see two fighters revealed at E3, both tying into long-anticipated games on Switch. My guess is we see a 10-15 minute segment dedicated to Smash, prefaced by the game announcement for fighter one, then closed by a game announcement for fighter two. First, is Isaac, from Golden Sun. I think you might know the guy. I firmly believe that a remake of the first two games is in development, and Isaac will be promoted. Quote me on it, please. Second, the big closer is Sora from Kingdom Hearts. Vergeben (as much as I dislike the guy) turned out to be right for base, and he says we get a Square rep, and I think Sora will tie into a Kingdom Hearts spinoff/remake on Switch (no way Kingdom Hearts 3 will happen, though). They'll probably hit between August and September, but I'm much less confident on the release dates of all five fighters.

September:
Much like this year, we see another Nintendo Direct in September. By this time, we'll know all about the next Pokemon game, and as such, this is when we get a new one. I have no idea who it would be (obviously), but I'd expect a very unique fighter, probably a new type we haven't seen before. Finally, much like when Cloud was announced, we see that we'll get a Smash-focused Direct in December.

December:
The "Final" Direct. The final character for the Fighter Pass is revealed to be... a character from the next Shin Megami Tensei game. No Banjo (sadly), no Persona, no ****ing Minecraft. I realized, while looking at upcoming Switch games, Shin Megami Tensei is a very Nintendo-exclusive series, as the the only numbered entry that isn't on Nintendo is 3, and even then, Atlus is looking to remake that game, so it might be on Switch soon anyway. Besides, I hear SMT is pretty popular in Japan, so this pick would be pleasing them, I believe. Anyway, at the end of the Direct, we get the classic "one more thing..." and see that a second wave of DLC (3-5 fighters, I'm not sure exactly how many) is confirmed for 2020. The first fighter is shown off, being Banjo-Kazooie, finally getting the dream of him in Smash.

Anyway, those are my official predictions for Smash's DLC, so please, share what you think will happen and how likely you think Isaac (or any other Golden Sun character)'s chances are!

Last edited:

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
So I was able to message awkward zombie through email and I gave a shout out to her twitter via a tweet. *crosses fingers* Ninjaed Ninjaed
Thanks a ton and great job! If she made these skits, I'm sure she enjoyed the games enough to poke fun at them.

Shout outs to Otaku the Great for apparently recognizing me in a youtube comment and telling me to say that here. So...yeah.
I'm late in creating my topic on gamefaqs... I was reading tweets, watching videos of Golden Sunday, failing to realise I could do something more... Your video was a bit of a wake-up call, let's see how my thread goes. Hopefully it'll reach people unfamiliar with the series.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77193989

Um... Wrong topic maybe?

D

Deleted member

One thing I finally noticed in the Challenge screen, out of boredom, is that it appears that all the Assist Trophies will be featured in the collage along with the fighters (seeing as I saw silhouettes of Sukapon, Black Knight, and Bomberman, not to mention Tiki being shown), and I saw that Isaac will have his own custom panel (on at least Page 1), meaning he'll have his own unlockable item or Spirit regarding regular Smash battles, where I took notice of this.

Again, the removal of Trophies seems to have made inclusion in Ultimate more exclusive now that you'll have a small bio and presumably unlockable artwork of your Ultimate render if you made one of the two criteria. I don't know why, after two weeks, I've become more of an optimist about the game, but I just can't wait to download it.

Here's top hoping that when we have Golden Sunday next year, we'll be anticipating a new Golden Sun game.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Also shout out to Stoic_Seraphim. Love his artwork and feel honored that he liked my post on Golden Sunday :D
https://twitter.com/Stoic_Miiverse
She also posted two pics for Golden Sunday herself!

It was a great #GoldenSunday, and I hope you all participated and had fun!

I don't know if it has been mentioned here, but we got an article on Nintenderos.com, a spanish Nintendo fansite:
https://www.nintenderos.com/2018/11/fans-de-golden-sun-celebran-hoy-el-goldensunday-en-twitter/

Last edited:

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
She also posted two pics for Golden Sunday herself!

It was a great #GoldenSunday, and I hope you all participated and had fun!

I don't know if it has been mentioned here, but we got an article on Nintenderos.com, a spanish Nintendo fansite:
https://www.nintenderos.com/2018/11/fans-de-golden-sun-celebran-hoy-el-goldensunday-en-twitter/
Yup, I like the Mia picture at that as well. I'm also glad to see our fellow adepts from South America helping out as well and all their support!

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Besides English, I saw a ton of messages in Spanish and Japanese and some in French. It seems that word really did spread around. I call today a success, it helped me come to terms with the AT business, and made me hopeful again in general for Golden Sun. Thanks everyone who participated even in a small way!

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Real talk, if Isaac finally made the cut in the next Smash, are we gonna write and sign Sakurai (or maybe a new director) a Thank You letter ala K.Rool?

Just curious.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Real talk, if Isaac finally made the cut in the next Smash, are we gonna write and sign Sakurai (or maybe a new director) a Thank You letter ala K.Rool?

Just curious.
This is like the 4th or 5th time I've seen someone asking (not trying to offend you, of course), when the day comes, we will do it.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
As I said before, I don't use Twitter. Did you guys get GS trending again or at least have a way to measure our success?

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Discord representing us and posting for Golden Sunday was probably the best thing that happened if you had to pick a highlight.

I loved their jovial responses as well.

D o p l a n t s e a t t h e s u n?

THE TemporaryFool

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4355-9441-8851
Discord representing us and posting for Golden Sunday was probably the best thing that happened if you had to pick a highlight.

I loved their jovial responses as well.

D o p l a n t s e a t t h e s u n?
Where’s the link to the discord?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Now I'm curious. Would having Isaac and Piranha Plant paired up a lot in comics and whatnot help get Isaac's name out even more.

My head canon is that Sakurai requested Isaac to raise Piranah Plant to be a fighter for a new Smash game since Isaac is a Venus Adept after all. Which is why Isaac was absent in Smash 4 and probably was being a sleepy head during that time. Oops! Which is also why both their inclusions were late. Sakurai will pay Isaac back soon...

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Lol practicing my Spanish by reading the comments

As I said before, I don't use Twitter. Did you guys get GS trending again or at least have a way to measure our success?
Hmm...I was wondering earlier if there was a way to measure approximately how many people participated...

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Alright. It's really saddening seeing this thread so down and moving about as slow as molasses, so here: presenting my predictions for next year. I think we will see all five DLC fighters revealed next year, and I think believe Isaac will one of them. Here's how I see it going down. (If I'm right on some of the more out-there stuff, you heard it here first, folks.) (Also, this mostly just relates to Smash, so I won't be mentioning other games if they don't relate in any way.)

Late January/Early February:
Nintendo Direct. 2019 games are revealed and talked about. We see an official release date for Piranha Plant, which will come before or on its amiibo's release date of February 19th. Additionally, the first fighter for the Fighter Pack is revealed: a character from the upcoming Daemon x Machina. This is a Switch-exclusive game being publishing by Nintendo in the West. I think people are sleeping on a character from this game. While we don't know the release date, think feel like it'll be early 2019, and thus our first DLC fighter.

E3:
I don't think we get much Smash info between Feb. and E3 aside from the release of the character from Daemon. I think we see two fighters revealed at E3, both tying into long-anticipated games on Switch. My guess is we see a 10-15 minute segment dedicated to Smash, prefaced by the game announcement for fighter one, then closed by a game announcement for fighter two. First, is Isaac, from Golden Sun. I think you might know the guy. I firmly believe that a remake of the first two games is in development, and Isaac will be promoted. Quote me on it, please. Second, the big closer is Sora from Kingdom Hearts. Vergeben (as much as I dislike the guy) turned out to be right for base, and he says we get a Square rep, and I think Sora will tie into a Kingdom Hearts spinoff/remake on Switch (no way Kingdom Hearts 3 will happen, though). They'll probably hit between August and September, but I'm much less confident on the release dates of all five fighters.

September:
Much like this year, we see another Nintendo Direct in September. By this time, we'll know all about the next Pokemon game, and as such, this is when we get a new one. I have no idea who it would be (obviously), but I'd expect a very unique fighter, probably a new type we haven't seen before. Finally, much like when Cloud was announced, we see that we'll get a Smash-focused Direct in December.

December:
The "Final" Direct. The final character for the Fighter Pass is revealed to be... a character from the next Shin Megami Tensei game. No Banjo (sadly), no Persona, no ****ing Minecraft. I realized, while looking at upcoming Switch games, Shin Megami Tensei is a very Nintendo-exclusive series, as the the only numbered entry that isn't on Nintendo is 3, and even then, Atlus is looking to remake that game, so it might be on Switch soon anyway. Besides, I hear SMT is pretty popular in Japan, so this pick would be pleasing them, I believe. Anyway, at the end of the Direct, we get the classic "one more thing..." and see that a second wave of DLC (3-5 fighters, I'm not sure exactly how many) is confirmed for 2020. The first fighter is shown off, being Banjo-Kazooie, finally getting the dream of him in Smash.

Anyway, those are my official predictions for Smash's DLC, so please, share what you think will happen and how likely you think Isaac (or any other Golden Sun character)'s chances are!
Seems mostly reasonable, though also pretty bold. Your pick for Jan/Feb is certainly very interesting; haven't heard it being brought up by many. Not sure how they would make a fighter from that game though, although Sakurai could probably figure it out. Still, I think they'd rather promote something like Fire Emblem over that, unless they really wanna push the new IP. Also, Verge seems to think that the first character revealed will be the Square Enix rep, although that's not necessarily a guarantee.

For E3, you're obviously banking on GS coming back in full force. I guess we'll have to wait and see about that! Also, I'm not convinced on Sora, but maybe that's just my bias showing as I'd rather see a different Square rep. A Dragon Quest character seems to be making the rounds through the rumor mill recently, going off what Hitagi has heard, but I have trouble envisioning that as well. Tbh, any Square rep other than Geno would just feel weird to me, but I also don't think Geno's happening unfortunately based on what we've seen to this point. So Sora's a reasonable guess but I really don't know what to think with regards to the Square rep in general.

Pokémon rep is probably spot on. No idea as to who it could be though. I guess it could be Melmetal, but probably it'll be a new starter or whatever Gen 8 mon they plan on promoting heavily.

SMT is a bold but not completely unreasonable guess. Namco or Ubisoft is more likely to get a character for me, though.

Also, I'm not banking on a second wave of DLC, but again, I guess we'll have to see.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Why are 90% of you linking to the tweet instead of just posting it in the thread?

Just copy the link into the insert media thingy...

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone else seen TheSpaceKing12 TheSpaceKing12 's video? It is very insightful, and something I think we should all take to heart. Most of us here are the die-hard GS fans who want another game. I know many of us here already feel this way, but (as much as it burns my fingers to type) Isaac in smash is a secondary goal. One thing I got from his video is the fact that we need a base of operations. I know someone here was already working on a website, that should be where we plug our Discord and Reddit. We need to promote the website so all of the other GS fans know where to find it. Once all of the GS fans are all in one place we can continually plan events like Golden Sunday. With more numbers and all the GS fans on one accord we can plan events that will be bound to get Nintendo's attention. I know many of us here already know this, but I felt inclined to say this. Also #GoldenSunday went very well, and I look forward to what we can do in the future with more GS fans.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
While I don’t think the Discord tweet was in direct reference to the Golden Sunday movement, it sure did help and was awesome that they even bothered.

Also seeing people with decent social connections hyping up Golden Sunday was awesome too.

The fan art was amazing.

We got videos from Billy and Ryrule and our very own TheSpaceKing12 TheSpaceKing12 .

I was a little worried when people were linking one of the Takahashi bros’ twitter account, but every single message came from a place of love and admiration for the series.

I genuinely hope we made some kind of impact.

But it can’t end here. Not if we want a future for Golden Sun. We may not see an event quite like this again, but that shouldn’t stop us from keeping hope alive.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I just wanted to show up as the day ends on the east coast and say THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTED TODAY! I wasn’t able to do anything because I have some rough exams this week, but know that everyone who did anything today has my gratitude. Without you guys, Golden Sun would’ve died a long time ago. Keep it going guys, me and the of the quieter supporters are cheering you on!

Ninjaed

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys! Congrats on all the success of Golden Sunday! I am a bit late but it is still Sunday here so I thought I'd share my own contribution. Is not as fancy as I wanted but I drew it in the middle of the convention I assisted to as an artist! And happy birthday Golden Sun <3
https://twitter.com/DDGioka/status/1061854849875222528?s=20
Wait, is that a rule 63 Isaac on your profile? Haha, she surprisingly works pretty well. Reminds me of Sheba actually, dressed like Isaac.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
FlawedAI FlawedAI

If Splatoon and Arms can't get playable reps the first time around I don't see Daemon Ex Machina having any chance.

The most I would expect would be spirits added in a free update.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
does anyone here believe Hitagi?

because if so, this would mean we're getting no golden sun reps due to her deconfirming all spirits as characters

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
does anyone here believe Hitagi?

because if so, this would mean we're getting no golden sun reps due to her deconfirming all spirits as characters
I got no choice but to believe Hitagi, given his creds, Vergeben’s reliability and trust in him, and the fact that the doomsday scenario he leaks matches up with my pessimistic expectations.

But really, was anyone of us expecting a Golden Sun character to make it as DLC?

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
I got no choice but to believe Hitagi, given his creds, Vergeben’s reliability and trust in him, and the fact that the doomsday scenario he leaks matches up with my pessimistic expectations.

But really, was anyone of us expecting a Golden Sun character to make it as DLC?
No I wasn't, but honestly, I really don't believe Hitagi much at all. Katalina makes no sense and benefits Nintendo in just about no way, and she said that there were no Bamco reps, and now she's saying that there is one but it's not Agumon. None of it seems to add up right.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I wanted to say well done guys. We took an idea, pooled together and made GoldenSunday a rousing success! Discord support, we made news and had such a turnout!

I can't wait for the next one! I am already planning to make a costume :)

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581

In that exact same thread they also said they weren’t sure about any other first party characters. So if they don’t know about nintnedo characters, how in the hell would they know of the call on spirts? They also said they couldn’t outright deconfirm characters wh were mii costumes and or AT’s, just saying they felt it was unlikely. Lastly, they also said that the dlc would have a mix of big and obscure faces. Even if we assume that Matthew, Felix, and Isaac are all out of the running, who’s to say that Felix’s kid ain’t the hero of GS4, and by extension he’s dlc? We’re literally operating on basically no information, and using non info to fill in the blanks.

Honestly, until other sources come out saying spirts deconfirm characters, which we have no reason to believe is the case on account of Lucas and mewtwo in SSB4, I use be highly, HIGHLY skeptical of all those posts.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Damn , Golden Sunday started strong for me , but when I posted the link to my tweet to 2 discord server I know well , and encourage them to retweet it (I never do that usually) and look out for the hashtag #GoldenSunday... People think I was stupid , or that "lol Golden Sun is Dead".

I mean yeah , It's the internet , but can't people be at least somewhat positive ? Maybe we won't change anything , but if we're just here , waiting and doing nothing , that's not going to do a single thing.

It's Always the same song with the smash community on twitter and discord , if they can have some fun out of it , they won't hesitate to treat us like freaking garbage. Because trust me , a lot of them forgot the simple fact that you should respect other tastes and characters.

God I hope we get a Golden Sun game on the Switch so theses dudes shut up. Negativity is stupid , but it seem a good chunk of the Smash community use it if that can benefit them.

Edit : spelling error

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Damn , Golden Sunday started strong for me , but when I posted the link to my tweet to 2 discord server I know well , and encourage them to retweet it (I never do that usually) and look out for the hashtag #GoldenSunday... People think I was stupid , or that "lol Golden Sun is Dead".

I mean yeah , It's the internet , but can't people be at least somewhat positive ? Maybe we won't change anything , but if we're just here , waiting and doing nothing , that's not going to do a single thing.

It's Always the same song with the smash community on twitter and discord , if they can have some fun out of it , they won't hesitate to treat us like freaking garbage. Because trust me , a lot of them forgot the simple fact that you should respect other tastes and characters.

God I hope we get a Golden Sun game on the Switch so theses dudes shut up. Negativity is stupid , but it seem a good chunk of the Smash community use it if that can benefit them.

Edit : spelling error
This is why Golden Sunday wasn't about Smash at all. It was about pulling together Golden Sun's existing fan community to show NINTENDO and CAMELOT (not just Sakurai, that ship has sailed for now) that we exist and maybe spreading the word to some new people who hadn't heard of the series. Most in the Smash community already have their opinion about Golden Sun set in stone for better or worse, but if you look outside of those haters the event seems to have been a pretty big success!

Like I said in my previous post the key is to take this momentum and run with it. We should do another event in February for the European anniversary, and maybe set up some kind of thread-wide playthrough of the first game or Dark Dawn or something and also post about that on social media.

Last edited:
Top Bottom